[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]
Wilco — Random Name Generator
Album: Star Wars
Avg rating:
6.3

Your rating:
Total ratings: 701









Released: 2015
Length: 3:44
Plays (last 30 days): 1
Come on, listen to the wheel this way
I belong to the stars in the day
I ran away
Eternal instigator
Well, I was old

I remember the Milky Way, why?
I belong to the stars in the sky
Random name
Random name generator
Random name generator
Random name generator

Here, lonely in the coldest night
Somebody hold me in the diamond light
A narrator
Mr. Narrator

I want a name and a newborn child
A miracle only ever grows wild
It is a book instigator
A random name generator

I kinda like it when I make you cry
A miracle only once in a while
A random name
Random name generator

I change my name every once in a while
A miracle every once in a while
I create, I am a flame
A flame creator
A random name generator

Come on, cuff me to the weed with some wine
If I miss your breeze or you miss mine
I kinda like it when I make you cry
A miracle every once in a while
Come on, cuff me to the weed with some wine
I think I miss my family I found
Comments (46)add comment
 kh808 wrote:

I hear "T REX"




Me too
I can dig it!
 Skydog wrote:

 crappy can be pretty, but can pretty be crappy?
 

dont you mean Purrty?
Just saw them during their Sunday's Winterlude concert in Chicago.  They are one of the best bands to see live.  Their musical style range is broad and unlike any other band that I know.  A great time for all!
nice follow up from T REX to but it's good 
T Rex? I concur!!!
 kh808 wrote:
I hear "T REX"
 
Exactly. This is a good thing.
 ShaunJ wrote:

Unless you are a cat lover that's a pretty crappy album cover {#Frown}
 
How can you tell?
 
 ShaunJ wrote:

Unless you are a cat lover that's a pretty crappy album cover {#Frown}

  

westslope wrote:

I suspect that even the cat lovers agree that "that's a pretty crappy album cover".

 
 crappy can be pretty, but can pretty be crappy?
 ShaunJ wrote:

Unless you are a cat lover that's a pretty crappy album cover {#Frown}

 
I suspect that even the cat lovers agree that "that's a pretty crappy album cover".
 kcar wrote:

{#Clap}

 
Exactly, that's what it reminds me of, also!
 bam23 wrote:

Certainly. My first reaction was to see if this was a T Rex song. I really know very few T Rex pieces, but although simple, the sound and pulsating beat has been emulated/copied by quite a few musicians who seem to know their chops in other contexts. Somehow this sound transcends boundaries in its simplicity.

 
{#Clap}
nice follow up from Bowie's 'Golden Years'
shop @
Woolco
This rocks so hard! 
{#War}{#Bananajam}{#Bananajam}{#Bananajam} 
Filler
Good Filler?
Not sure... 
 twoplain2sea wrote:
.            Father marks to miss listeners
              I think sends a family photo.
         Lucky ohh! none of it was in my plan
           Random names thy Techne war
            Fear the geeks bringing gifts.

 
Unless you are a cat lover that's a pretty crappy album cover {#Frown}
.Domain broker talk shop.
Some say it's a checkered career.
 kh808 wrote:
I hear "T REX"

 
Certainly. My first reaction was to see if this was a T Rex song. I really know very few T Rex pieces, but although simple, the sound and pulsating beat has been emulated/copied by quite a few musicians who seem to know their chops in other contexts. Somehow this sound transcends boundaries in its simplicity.
I hear "T REX"
I  like it, good beat, good lyrics, I'd say it's a hit Dick.
 OceanBlue wrote:

Huh? Is "this crap* you mean

 


 siqbal wrote:
I know she has a sad back story and we're all supposed to love her but I find her rather boring. Is that bad?

 
Huh? Is "she" the cat?
I know she has a sad back story and we're all supposed to love her but I find her rather boring. Is that bad?
This song sucks, bad!
Holy cow is this an awful song from a great band.
All it takes to enter T-Rex territory is a fuzzy guitar?
love the T-Rex vibe 
 
Great album!
love everything i've heard from this new "album".
Pardon me while I turn off the RP stream to go listen to that again
Wilco puts some mustard on it. A refreshing lack of that morose Impossible Germany hoo ha. 
Random song generated.
I'm not feeling U2 in any of this.  Actually, wait... oh there it is.

One can imagine anything if they choose to.

Crunchy tune.  I give it 7 point "oh". 
 carace06 wrote:
Really Mero? 

As a long time Wilco fan, if any of their albums was U2' ish it was 'Sky Blue sky" and that's only because they "sold out" by having a few tracks on commercials.  Wilco the Album turned them into " dad rock" but still provided great acoustics, great song writing, and the always awesome random track. (see Bull Black Nova)   And of course it's not their best.  YHF, and A Ghost is Born are classics.  With a wide range of style and influence it's hard to duplicate the style of a great album like that.  However, this album does show a wide range of what they have to offer. I personally am saddened by the length, but there's nothing to do about that. It's a strong album from start to finish.  And if you haven't seen their performance at the P4rk festival I highly recommend it.  "You satellite" is amazing, and as always in all shows Glenn Kotche show's he's one of the most underrated drummers.  

All I ask is don't compare them to U2.  I dont know Jeff personally, but I do know he is a man who loves music.  So the fact they have their own record label, and their own Chicago Loft recording space is perfect reason to just pump out music.  If you love music, you love fans that enjoy your music, So why can't they just release an album because " it seems like it would be fun.?" - J. Tweedy.
As far as I know they strike a deal like U2 probably did and Make every one have their album.  Nah, they did it the right way. Like true lovers of music would.
Enjoy the tunes.
Let real music and musicians live on, and put the button pushers to rest.  

 
Carace,

No, no, no. Was in no way comparing Wilco to U2. Big Wilco fan myself and I liked a few U2 albums awhile back. But I have never meet a Wilco album I didn't like.  My comment was two fold.

1: Does getting an album free effect how we perceive it? Do we maybe not appreciate it as much? 

2: The U2 comment was solely a smart ass jab at the U2 iTunes free album debacle. People sure had an interesting response to that.

So please, do not think I meant any slight to Wilco. Loving Star Wars. Just not as much as many of the classics you mentioned.

Take care. MER 
FYI - this album is a FREE download right now on iTunes! {#Cheers}
 hayduke2 wrote:
T-rexy and boppin' cool

 
I was thinkin' Moby imitating T-Rex. Marc Bolan's singing was campier than this. 
It sounds like Wilco had some coffee.  I like it.
 blotto wrote:
very 

  hayduke2 wrote:
T-rexy and boppin' cool

 
I SWORE it was T-rex and came over to comment on Marc Bolan's excellent guitar work.
 


very 

  hayduke2 wrote:
T-rexy and boppin' cool

 


 hayduke2 wrote:
T-rexy and boppin' cool

 
Right
Really Mero? 

As a long time Wilco fan, if any of their albums was U2' ish it was 'Sky Blue sky" and that's only because they "sold out" by having a few tracks on commercials.  Wilco the Album turned them into " dad rock" but still provided great acoustics, great song writing, and the always awesome random track. (see Bull Black Nova)   And of course it's not their best.  YHF, and A Ghost is Born are classics.  With a wide range of style and influence it's hard to duplicate the style of a great album like that.  However, this album does show a wide range of what they have to offer. I personally am saddened by the length, but there's nothing to do about that. It's a strong album from start to finish.  And if you haven't seen their performance at the P4rk festival I highly recommend it.  "You satellite" is amazing, and as always in all shows Glenn Kotche show's he's one of the most underrated drummers.  

All I ask is don't compare them to U2.  I dont know Jeff personally, but I do know he is a man who loves music.  So the fact they have their own record label, and their own Chicago Loft recording space is perfect reason to just pump out music.  If you love music, you love fans that enjoy your music, So why can't they just release an album because " it seems like it would be fun.?" - J. Tweedy.
As far as I know they strike a deal like U2 probably did and Make every one have their album.  Nah, they did it the right way. Like true lovers of music would.
Enjoy the tunes.
Let real music and musicians live on, and put the button pushers to rest.  
T-rexy and boppin' cool
free download for limited time, if you subscribe to email 

https://wilcoworld.net/


OK I'll be the first. Not their best but, hey, it was free. And one has to wonder how that sort of thing effect folks opinions. Can you say U2?