[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]
Zachary Richard — Pleine Lune En Decembre
Album: Cap Enragé
Avg rating:
6

Your rating:
Total ratings: 52









Released: 1997
Length: 5:33
Plays (last 30 days): 0
(no lyrics available)
Comments (21)add comment
translation Google

Full Moon in December

You say you need space
In your cabin alone.
You say that your heart is too full
Like the full moon in December.

Owls and foxes
Have become white for the winter.
White as the light of my sorrow,
White as the light of death.

The moon shines on the snow,
And the night is so long,
The eagle flying in the sun
Abandoning his shadow.

In the streets of Montreal,
Thief runs under street lights,
A ghost that I pursue
In a dream that I lost.

In New Orleans
Bird sings after midnight.
The song of my soul
In the garden of my heart.

The moon shines on the snow,
And the night is so long,
The eagle flying in the sun
Abandoning his shadow.
So Elton John sounds like a guy who comes from Louisiana? Elton's silly "American"  voice is a disgrace. What a phoney!
Thanks Bill, this takes me back several years when I attended an all day festival in Montreal. I may have been the only Anglophone there that day but I didn't need to understand every word to get an idea of what was going on, besides, I had some lovely French Canadian company.... Zachary came on late in the evening and lit the place up. So what if you don't speak the language, don't let that be your handicap.

I think this must be an early April Fool's joke; this must be Elton John.  Piano playing, singing, all identical.  "It's a match!"

oldman wrote:

Had me fooled

 


 zaknafein wrote:
Seriously thought this was EJ.

 
Had me fooled

Beellee Joelle, anyone?
alux wrote:
I'm giving it an 8 because you're an idiot.



And I'm giving it a 3 because it's just Elton John being played backwards.

I'm giving it an 8 because you're an idiot.  
 leathepea wrote:
what language is this, French? I am giving it a 3 because its pretty sappy, and I can't understand a word he is saying.
 


Came in from a hectic day and this was playing....very nice....ahhhhhh.
 zaknafein wrote:
Seriously thought this was EJ.

 
absolutely thought this was Elton.... very similar tone and phrasing.  And, given that I can't speak french AND have trouble understanding Sir Elton frequently, the comparison was even more striking.

The transition from Rick Wakeman to Zachary Richard caught my ear, but once I saw the artist (i.e. Z.R.) felt compelled to comment on the song: Love It! I have a couple Zachary Richard discs, some in English, one in French. I had heard of Cap Enragé, but you playing a selection made me go out and promptly download it. Thx for playing such a unique artist!!!

"The Mick Jagger of Zydeco" Tear it up Zach!
Reminds me a little of Francis Cabrel. Not bad.


Beautiful!  Thank you BillG, for playing (and speaking about) one of the few remaining french-speaking Louisiana artists still living.
Seriously thought this was EJ.

...i'm hearing tinges of elton john...


On a roll, here.  Don't remember my HS French, but I like this... a lot!
what language is this, French? I am giving it a 3 because its pretty sappy, and I can't understand a word he is saying.

Thank you Bill. Nice one. The whole album is just great.{#Clap}
Nice segue from the Rick Wakeman track.  I don't understand a syllable of his singing but the mood is coming through loud and clear.  8

Lovely. Bill's putting a few new ones in the rotation today, ain't he.

Translated Lyrics....


You say that you need space
In your cabin alone.
You say that your heart is too full
As the full moon in December.

Owls and foxes
Became white for winter.
White light of my sentence,
White light of death.

The moon shines on the snow,
And the night is long,
The eagle flight to the sun
Abandoning his shadow.

In the streets of Monte Real,
Rogue court under the streetlights,
A ghost that I am continuing
In a dream that I lost.

In New Orleans
Bird sings after midnight.
The song of my soul
In the garden of my heart.