[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]
Coldplay — Lost?
Album: Viva la Vida
Avg rating:
6.5

Your rating:
Total ratings: 450









Released: 2008
Length: 3:51
Plays (last 30 days): 0
Just because I'm losing
Doesn't mean I'm lost
Doesn't mean I've stopped
Doesn't mean I'm across

Just because I'm hurting
Doesn't mean I'm hurt
Doesn't mean I didn't get what I deserved
No better and no worse

I just got lost!
Every river that I tried to cross
Every door I ever tried was locked
Oh and I'm just waiting 'til the shine wears off

You might be a big fish
In a little pond
Doesn't mean you've won
'Cause along may come
A bigger one

And you'll be lost!
Every river that you tried to cross
Every gun you ever held went off
Oh and I'm just waiting 'til the firing's stopped
Oh and I'm just waiting 'til the shine wears off

Oh and I'm just waiting 'til the shine wears off
Oh and I'm just waiting 'til the shine wears off
Comments (95)add comment
 EssexTex wrote:
Prancing bunch of cocks
 
'Tex, I can never figure out what you really mean ... get to the point.
Maybe just me, but Coldplay just don't do it for me.

Only 2-3 minutes more - not the end of the world - time to put another load of laundry...
so unoriginal.. so insipid {#Snooty}
Let the daily Coldplay bashing begin.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaawn. Is this over yet?
 sirdroseph wrote:

They are one of those bands that sounds really good when you first hear them, then they wear thin real fast!{#Puke}


  
 Well, at least you got something out of them.  I hear nothing but some sniveling ninny with sinus congestion.
 tutakea wrote:
Normally, I´m not TOO overwhelmed with Coldplay, to put it mildly. This song, however, is kind of a gem. Doesn´t anybody recognize the stunning early-Genesis-like synth/organ-sound. Retro emo-prog?
 

NO!


 EssexTex wrote:
Prancing bunch of cocks
 
lost

 hunthunthunt wrote:
Is it just me, or is this track played at least once an hour?
 
It's you.
Is it just me, or is this track played at least once an hour?
Prancing bunch of cocks
Normally, I´m not TOO overwhelmed with Coldplay, to put it mildly. This song, however, is kind of a gem. Doesn´t anybody recognize the stunning early-Genesis-like synth/organ-sound. Retro emo-prog?

They are one of those bands that sounds really good when you first hear them, then they wear thin real fast!{#Puke}


Just because I'm losing
Doesn't mean I'm lost

Just because I'm hurting
Doesn't mean I'm hurt

Love those lines. {#Sunny}
Although I do like Coldplay, sometimes they feel a little overly...mmmm....consistent. A few of their songs jump out, though, and this is one of them. 8.
Just because I'm losing
Doesn't mean I'm lost
Doesn't mean I'll stop
Doesn't mean I would cross

Just because I'm hurting
Doesn't mean I'm hurt
Doesn't mean I didn't get
What I deserved
No better and no worse

I just got lost
Every river that I tried to cross
Every door I ever tried was locked
Ohhh and I'm...
Just waiting 'til the shine wears off

You might be a big fish
In a little pond
Doesn't mean you've won
'Cause a long may come
A bigger one

And you'll be lost
Every river that you tried to cross
Every gun you ever held went off
Ohhh and I'm...
Just waiting until the firing stopped
Ohhh and I'm...
Just waiting 'til the shine wears off

(piano solo)

Ohhh and I...
Just waiting 'til the shine wears off
Ohhh and I..
Just waiting 'til the shine wears off

 xkolibuul wrote:
.....

Or to put it less subtly:  Coldplay is one of the superior bands of this decade.  ELO and Supertramp were hacks.  

 
Brave opinion to voice on RP!  Supertramp had one solid album; ELO now sounds a tad dated.  Saw Supertramp in Calgary, Alberta in the mid-1970s.  Too many screaming teenagers.....   yuck.

Every time I hear this song come on, I think, "Blue Oyster Cult? Here?"  Veteran of the Psychic Wars

 xkolibuul wrote:
Or to put it less subtly:  Coldplay is one of the superior bands of this decade.  ELO and Supertramp were hacks. 
 
{#No}

Gonna quote this for posterity.

Best song of this album, which is really a disappointment IMHO.  Glad to hear something different by them — they're just SOOOO overplayed.
good percussion ... underneath...on the bottom....almost missed it.


Take a look at the playlists for ELO, Supertramp, and Coldplay on RP, and then try again on your comparison.  Not even close.

Or to put it less subtly:  Coldplay is one of the superior bands of this decade.  ELO and Supertramp were hacks.  

 gutboy wrote:
These guys seem to have come up with a formula for hitmaking, not ulike ELO and Supertramp did.
IMO they keep recycling the same old thing over and over.
They were boring, and Coldplay is boring. The shame is I think they all are gifted musicians who can do better. Come on guys, live like lions, try something new!
 

One of the very few Coldplay songs I enjoy... {#Shifty}
messy

These guys seem to have come up with a formula for hitmaking, not ulike ELO and Supertramp did.
IMO they keep recycling the same old thing over and over.
They were boring, and Coldplay is boring. The shame is I think they all are gifted musicians who can do better. Come on guys, live like lions, try something new!
 westslope wrote:

Funny how this band polarizes.

 

Yeah, I nosed around the 'Net last week in an attempt to discover why. My guess is that the detractors have seen them on TV, etc., where Chris Martin really put people off... kind of like Gwen Stefani at her first Grammys show years ago, I'm guessing.

Since I don't watch commercial TV, I've not been exposed to any of this, thankfully. I just listen to the music and decide if I like it...or not. I really like tracks from Parachutes, a few off X-Y, and a couple off of this CD. Yeah, the group isn't sonically adventurous and may be a bit formulaic, but then the same could be said of the Doves, a group that hasn't let me down yet.


 superfido wrote:
I agree with many. This is a boring song. Unremarkable. Does nothing, Moves nothing. Not even entertaining. Just below mediocre and dull.
 
You're wrong - it moves ME. Love the ambient nature and gradual build-up. Just a gorgeous track.

Great melody, good execution, moving overall. 9
I find Coldplay peculiar in the fact that even if i string together a bunch of there songs i like individually i find it hard to take them bunched together.  That doesn't go well for me and coldplay because i tend to listen to albums when not listening to RP.  I'd also have to say that as far as individual tracks go this one isn't one that tickles me.

Simple, ambient.

Funny how this band polarizes.


I agree with many. This is a boring song. Unremarkable. Does nothing, Moves nothing. Not even entertaining. Just below mediocre and dull.
Ha! This song is on the playlist for the bodyflow class I've been taking at the yoga studio! I have to get up and swing my arms now. Or something like that!{#Bounce}
love love love this new album. Have been listening to them since Brothers & Sisters. The song craft has come SO far! Keep up the good work Coldplay & RP! Cant wait to see what they do next.{#Daisy}
 peterata wrote:
'Yellow' blew me away back then. This one, well, they blew it.
 
No way, dude. Yellow just blew, period. This band has come a looooooong way in songcraft, imho.

yeah...vivre la vie....
... doesn't mean I'm {#Grumpy}
 coyote620 wrote:

I agree!  Whatever they used to have-they LOST!

 
Strange, but I agree. Even tracks off of X-Y got my attention, but this.....????


 peterata wrote:
'Yellow' blew me away back then. This one, well, they blew it.
 
I agree!  Whatever they used to have-they LOST!

Catchy.  You gotta give them that.  They know how to make a song stick in your head.

optimum that a band can have it is a proper identity; and to know to keep it….or to lock up for workmanships -   4 / 5.


Of course 10.
 phineas wrote:
Two words: Bore. Ring.
 
Yes, indeed

Two words: Bore. Ring.
Wow.  It is not a good idea for these guys to follow Dylan. They sound even more insipid by contrast than they usualy do.

Right now the only difference between me and Coldplay is that they can take a bunch of lyrics that probably every other person has gone through, write a song from it and make millions from it. I can go through the same thing, write the same thing and get nothing but evicted, depressed and lonely.  I wonder where they think this is going? I use to really like this group.


LAME…  This whole album is like one long ONE chord song, at that a bad one chord song.  And to be fair I liked there first 2 albums, very good.


DELTA__9__FOOLS wrote:
Another boring song from a boring band.

Totaleh!

Hmm I'm starting to get a feeling even though this album is a major departure from the rest of their stuff, it all sounds the same. Haven't had a chance to listen to whole album, just basing this off what I've heard so far.
Another boring song from a boring band. 
 NoEnzLefttoSplit wrote:
I actually sort of liked that which is unusual cos I'm not a big CP fan. Ahh... I see Eno produced it. figures.

 
Get out of my head!  {#Lol}

(Couldn't have said it better myself.)
I actually sort of liked that which is unusual cos I'm not a big CP fan. Ahh... I see Eno produced it. figures.
'Yellow' blew me away back then. This one, well, they blew it.
This song didn't stand out to me at first on Viva la Vida. When I heard them play it recently on Jon Stewart, it seemed kinda too low key. Then I played the new CD several times while I was away last week. Came home and the rerun was on last night. Funny, the song sounded much stronger and more interesting. Guess that's what "It's growing on me" means.
FlamingLotus wrote:
Nice song--might get a bump 7-->8 next listen. I like what I've heard from the new album (now that we can hear it!) because it soulds like the band found its own voice, as opposed to sounding like very slick copycats of others.
I was just coming here to say exactly the same thing. Of course, I must admit that I admire them somewhat for at least being honest about their influences (I think Chris whatshisname, being interviewed on The Hour, went through each song on this album and said who they were trying to imitate when they wrote it). Better though, that they're finding their own sound.
BillG wrote:
Sheesh. Sorry about that. It'll play OK next time around.
Heh heh--we kid because we love! :group-hug:
cvandoren wrote:
Talk about polarizing. So far we have 7 10s and 7 1s. Come on people, get off your high horse. This is one of the best (or worst) songs you have ever heard in your LIFE? Godlike? Please I don't want to disturn the pattern of the overstatement so I won't vote. If I did it would be Pretty Good.
If you'll look back, all those 10's & 1's were rating SILENCE. Apparently the group has very strong feeling about silence. But, umm, might I siggest that you are on a high horse about others' ratings? Get a life (...says the guy with nothing better to do than respond...) ;^P Cheers!
I didn't get to listen first time around....but I wasn't all that impressed with my first listen of this particular song this time around....we'll see, it'll be in rotation if its a new play for the next few days. Course it seques well with Life on Mars.
Nice song--might get a bump 7-->8 next listen. I like what I've heard from the new album (now that we can hear it!) because it soulds like the band found its own voice, as opposed to sounding like very slick copycats of others.
cvandoren wrote:
Come on people, get off your high horse.
For some folks, their high horse is all they have... This tune's a 7.
Saw them on an hour-long special peek on CBC's The Hour recently. They're very conscious of their plight out there in the music world. Trying to avoid "pop" tags and such. Tried to disappear for a while and come back fresh. I haven't heard the whole CD, so I'll not pass judgement just yet.
jmsmy wrote:
the BEST TV show of all time
Hasn't anybody found those idiots yet?
cvandoren wrote:
Talk about polarizing. So far we have 7 10s and 7 1s. Come on people, get off your high horse. This is one of the best (or worst) songs you have ever heard in your LIFE? Godlike? Please I don't want to disturn the pattern of the overstatement so I won't vote. If I did it would be Pretty Good.
Okay, I'll rate it about the same as I rate all of Coldplay's stuff - 3. Sorry, but this band bores the hell out of me.
cvandoren wrote:
Talk about polarizing. So far we have 7 10s and 7 1s. Come on people, get off your high horse. This is one of the best (or worst) songs you have ever heard in your LIFE? Godlike? Please I don't want to disturn the pattern of the overstatement so I won't vote. If I did it would be Pretty Good.
This song was voted down because every previous time it played, there was only silence.
the BEST TV show of all time
cvandoren wrote:
Talk about polarizing. So far we have 7 10s and 7 1s. Come on people, get off your high horse. This is one of the best (or worst) songs you have ever heard in your LIFE? Godlike? Please I don't want to disturn the pattern of the overstatement so I won't vote. If I did it would be Pretty Good.
Uhhh... the reason the votes look like that is that the first time this song was played, there was nothing but dead air. Complete silence. :)
cvandoren wrote:
Talk about polarizing. So far we have 7 10s and 7 1s. Come on people, get off your high horse. This is one of the best (or worst) songs you have ever heard in your LIFE? Godlike? Please I don't want to disturn the pattern of the overstatement so I won't vote. If I did it would be Pretty Good.
Well, I voted specifically to presereve that pattern, because it looked cool. Now that it's been spoiled, I'll be rating it down from a 10...but not too far down.
Talk about polarizing. So far we have 7 10s and 7 1s. Come on people, get off your high horse. This is one of the best (or worst) songs you have ever heard in your LIFE? Godlike? Please I don't want to disturn the pattern of the overstatement so I won't vote. If I did it would be Pretty Good.
Sheesh. Sorry about that. It'll play OK next time around.
I had high hopes for my I-tunes conspiracy. Oh, well. Back to the grassy knoll...
The Windows Media Player version also had a long dead air pause...I thought it was our internet at first.
MidLyfe wrote:
I think it is an I-tunes thing. If you are listening through I-tunes, such as myself, it may be blocked because of an exclusive thing they got going on. I could be wrong, but I like conspiracies!
You're wrong, I'm listening on the 128k AAC stream, through Winamp. Note: Rated 10, to preserve the 1/10 distribution and 5.5 avg rating.
FlamingLotus wrote:
ANOTHER quiet Coldplay track??
Yeah, the whole album is like that. It's a John Cage tribute album.
I think it is an I-tunes thing. If you are listening through I-tunes, such as myself, it may be blocked because of an exclusive thing they got going on. I could be wrong, but I like conspiracies!
KermitDfrog wrote:
Bueller? Bueller?
Funny!
Now that's finally not a bad Coldplay song.
That last 10 seconds with the guitar was amazing. Wow. (insert sarcasm here)
maryte wrote:
This is ridiculous. Every bloody time this song (or is it more than one Coldplay song?) comes up, I get five minutes of NOTHING.
Ridiculous? I feel it's my lucky day...
I think Pootie Tang's version is better.
OOh there it is
Only 10s or 1s I guess only some people know how to appreciate silence..
esotericderek wrote:
Wow. Dead air on Radio Paradise.
I know....
Wow. Dead air on Radio Paradise.
Oooh.. ooh.. I love this part coming up......
Pootey Tang!!!
This is ridiculous. Every bloody time this song (or is it more than one Coldplay song?) comes up, I get five minutes of NOTHING.
paloeguevo wrote:
I dont hear anything, maybe the song got lost.
shhhhhh...
Eul0gy wrote:
I tell ya, this has got to be the best coldplay album ever. I'm really liking their new minimalist approach to music.
*singing to myself to fill the silence* La la la la la la la...
Wha? Is this a joke? I only "hear" silence as well.
Bueller? Bueller?
10--silence is golden! ;^P
Sounds like the first go round lost it's content.
I dont hear anything, maybe the song got lost.
I tell ya, this has got to be the best coldplay album ever. I'm really liking their new minimalist approach to music.
ANOTHER quiet Coldplay track??