[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]
Dave Matthews Band — Stolen Away on 55th and 3rd
Album: Stand Up
Avg rating:
5.5

Your rating:
Total ratings: 437









Released: 2005
Length: 4:07
Plays (last 30 days): 1
Hello again
Seem like forever between now and then
You look the same
I mean you look different but you haven't changed

Funny to think how the time gets away
Funny how you take me right back again
Stole me away
First time I saw you, you did me that way
What should I say?
I saw you laughin' and I was afraid that I'd get in the way

I did not think I would see you again
So how have you been?
Do you remember, lose everything

Funny I think how the time gets away
Funny how you take me right back again

Stole me away
First time I saw you, you did me that way
What should I say?
Saw you there dancin' but I was afraid I might get in the way

I did not think I would see you again

Funny to think how the time gets away
Funny how you take me right back again
Funny the feeling when forever ends
Stole me away
First time I saw you, you did me that way
What should I say?
I saw you there dancin', well I was afraid I might get in the way

Never thought I would see you again
How have you been?
(Been) watchin' the years as they trickle away

It's everything, how time gets away
Funny how you take me right back again
Steal me away

It's like the first time I saw you, you do me that way
What should I say?
See you here standin', and I am afraid I might get in the way

I never thought I would see you again
How have you been?
Do you remember I mean everything?

You steal me away
Like the first time I saw you, you do me that way
What can I say?
That's you here standin', well I am afraid I might get in your way.
Comments (64)add comment
Like the Dead --- great live band, recorded output meh.
 user4176 wrote:


So, in other words, it's ok to hate your haters because clearly, you are better than them in every way?
 
That's the sad impression I get too....really now, more LOVE less HATE!!  
And for a non-fan of DMB...this one's highly rated at a 7....Long Live RP...and LOVE!!
What's up with grown men that whine?
 ExploitingChaos wrote:

The ratings are there for us... Bill plays whatever they like... This is the Internet bucko!
 
+1
And when all you do is "listen to the ratings" look what happens to your political system!
 Ulises wrote:
15 Reasons Why Your Haters Hate You

 
1. Because you have something that they don’t.
2. Because they think you don’t deserve it.
3. Because they don’t want to lose to you.
4. Because they can’t get over the past.
5. Because they can’t get over you.
6. Because they have nothing better to do in life.
7. Because their life just ain’t as great and exciting as yours.
8. Because they need attention.
9. Because they can.
10. Because they are such bigots.
11. Because they are such self-righteous, moral high priests.
12. Because they are big green-eyed monsters.
13. Because they are unhappy with some things in their own life.
14. Because they need to put someone down to feel good about themselves.
15. Because they are, in general, just losers.


 

So, in other words, it's ok to hate your haters because clearly, you are better than them in every way?
 Segue wrote:
Please throw him and Natalie in a bag with Florence, throw it in the river, see what floats.
 
Not cool. Not even as a "joke".
 Jakethemuss wrote:
I dislike this but as with other listeners below I heartily approve of the fact that Bill continues to play. Having made that statement I will now hit psd...
 

Same here. It's not like we are tied to chairs and forced to listen to it 24/7.
I like it and you ALL can bugger off it's okay
I dislike this but as with other listeners below I heartily approve of the fact that Bill continues to play. Having made that statement I will now hit psd...
 Old_Pink wrote:
Funny how it is now standing at a "5" rating, there's a laundry list of comments saying how much it sucks... Yet it's still getting played. Bill, why have listener ratings if you pay no attention to them?
 
The ratings are there for us... Bill plays whatever they like... This is the Internet bucko!
Grim, to my ears.  Sorry fans, PSD.
this must be bad background music from a bad movie and bad movie soundtrack that is bad
 lizardking wrote:
 juan_cilantro wrote:
This song is a great example of what I love about RP.  It has a 5.4 rating (I gave it a 4) and there are a lot of people voicing their dislike for this song in the comments.  Yet, it still gets played a couple times a month.

I really enjoy the diversity of music here.  I also like the rating system, but appreciate that they don't simply play the songs with the highest ratings over and over.  We get a much larger variety of music and I have been introduced to songs (even a few with lower ratings) I really enjoy that I likely wouldn't have discovered if not for RP.

 
{#Clap}

So very well stated, juan_cilantro - and I'm in complete agreement with you on nearly all counts (I've rated this DMB rather high w/ a 5)

Heck this one almost gets to a 6 for me....hell with it 5→6 and it's now tied for my highest rated DMB track on RP!!

 
well gosh darn it....I'm gonna have to go 6→7 now....primarily on the heartfelt delivery at the very end of the song....a feeling I've encountered a time or two in my life.  Long Live RP!!

 juan_cilantro wrote:
This song is a great example of what I love about RP.  It has a 5.4 rating (I gave it a 4) and there are a lot of people voicing their dislike for this song in the comments.  Yet, it still gets played a couple times a month.

I really enjoy the diversity of music here.  I also like the rating system, but appreciate that they don't simply play the songs with the highest ratings over and over.  We get a much larger variety of music and I have been introduced to songs (even a few with lower ratings) I really enjoy that I likely wouldn't have discovered if not for RP.

 
{#Clap}

So very well stated, juan_cilantro - and I'm in complete agreement with you on nearly all counts (I've rated this DMB rather high w/ a 5)

Heck this one almost gets to a 6 for me....hell with it 5→6 and it's now tied for my highest rated DMB track on RP!!

This song is a great example of what I love about RP.  It has a 5.4 rating (I gave it a 4) and there are a lot of people voicing their dislike for it in the comments.  Yet, it still gets played a couple times a month.

I really enjoy the diversity of music here.  I also like the rating system, but appreciate that they don't simply play the songs with the highest ratings over and over.  We get a much larger variety of music and I have been introduced to songs (even a few with lower ratings) I really enjoy that I likely wouldn't have discovered if not for RP.
16. Of course, there's always the possibility that you just aren't that likeable.
God awful.
A real mood killer.
The whiny Kenny G style sax doesn't help either 

15 Reasons Why Your Haters Hate You

 
1. Because you have something that they don’t.
2. Because they think you don’t deserve it.
3. Because they don’t want to lose to you.
4. Because they can’t get over the past.
5. Because they can’t get over you.
6. Because they have nothing better to do in life.
7. Because their life just ain’t as great and exciting as yours.
8. Because they need attention.
9. Because they can.
10. Because they are such bigots.
11. Because they are such self-righteous, moral high priests.
12. Because they are big green-eyed monsters.
13. Because they are unhappy with some things in their own life.
14. Because they need to put someone down to feel good about themselves.
15. Because they are, in general, just losers.


 Webfoot wrote:
Come on people, this is not bad for Dave Matthews.

 
{#Think} you have a point...
then again, I like hearing his songs once in a while
Damn he tricked me again! I always think my cat is hungry when he comes on.
Come on people, this is not bad for Dave Matthews.
 Old_Pink wrote:
Funny how it is now standing at a "5" rating, there's a laundry list of comments saying how much it sucks...

Yet it's still getting played.

Bill, why have listener ratings if you pay no attention to them?
 
Maybe Bill likes it. 
 sarahxo wrote:
i love this song, like almost everything else dm's has done, a lot of you just dont understand his music, me, i love it, as do many people, dm's is an amasing musician and he's a bit ahead of his time but thats what i love about him, his stuff is different and meaningful.... anyways i just wanted to say that i love dmb ...no matter what any of you say
 
All true
Please throw him and Natalie in a bag with Florence, throw it in the river, see what floats.
 Old_Pink wrote:
This man cannot sing. Period. And having an entire band behind him, each member apparently playing a different song, doesn't help. He missed a fine career opportunity as an auctioneer, though.
 
Ewww man thats mean  : )
i love this song, like almost everything else dm's has done, a lot of you just dont understand his music, me, i love it, as do many people, dm's is an amasing musician and he's a bit ahead of his time but thats what i love about him, his stuff is different and meaningful.... anyways i just wanted to say that i love dmb ...no matter what any of you say :angel:
:yawn:
I like this song, I really do. It just doesn't care much for me.
Old_Pink wrote:
Bill, why have listener ratings if you pay no attention to them?
This is one of those rare songs in the play list where there are equal numbers of 1 and 8 votes. Matthews really polarizes the listeners.
Old_Pink wrote:
Bill, why have listener ratings if you pay no attention to them?
Perhaps because this is a true DJ moderated listening station. If you want to simply hear those songs that are group-tested to please the majority, played to death, and never anything that will challenge, displease, or offend us, then there are plenty of radio stations over the airways you can tune into. I think the ratings and forums are more for our own enjoyment than for a guide to Bill's playlist. Keep up the good work Bill!!
Mari wrote:
Dave Matthews Band Stolen Away on 55th and 3rd...Will the culprit please... Stand Up... :whistle:... :doh:... :naughty:
Have to agree with the majority, Crowded Streets was probably the last good DMB album. Busted Stuff and Dave's solo disc were surprisingly good.
Funny how it is now standing at a "5" rating, there's a laundry list of comments saying how much it sucks... Yet it's still getting played. Bill, why have listener ratings if you pay no attention to them?
maLeFunKtion wrote:
Oooh.... utterly awful. The melodic value of this song is terrible.
:yes: There's virtually no melody here. Terrible.
maxgruv wrote:
Pot and extended jams go well together (see The Grateful Dead, Phish, etc.). At least, that's what I've heard...
I don't think I could ever get stoned enough to like DMB.
sounds like every DM song ever written. Boring. Awful voice. Did I say I hate DMB with a passion?
probably the best from his new album...love the authenticity and sincerity in this song
A lot of references made to "Under the Table" and I agree. Takes me back to my fave song 'Dancing Nancies'.
Worst album yet. I agree with most people that "Before These Crowded Streets" was the last good DMB album. Up through this disc, I would buy a DMB album as soon as it came out. However, it's at the point now where I don't think I will buy future discs unless I hear something to change my mind.
Does this guy sing while looking at himself in the mirror? He always seems so self-conscious, like he's never been able to get out of the way of himself. If anyone can reco something decent by this guy I'd be happy to consider it. A 4 here on RP isn't exactly stellar.
Oooh.... utterly awful. The melodic value of this song is terrible. Monotone doesn't even cut it.... a solid and permanent 1 from me. Now make it STOP! :frustrated:
RabbitEars wrote:
i hope it isn't true that 'crowded streets' is the last of the great stuff. i thought dave's solo album was excellent, though.
Busted Stuff was consistently good. I've only heard Stand Up through a couple times, but it hasn't struck a chord yet and I really don't think it's going to grow on me.
Time to see what's playing on Creamy Radio...
spartan, don't get too worked up about it. it's pretty much like the last few albums - there are some really good songs but there are some clunkers too. i hope it isn't true that 'crowded streets' is the last of the great stuff. i thought dave's solo album was excellent, though.
I can almost hear hints of the "Under the Table and Dreaming" in this song, and that gives me hope for DMB. The last few albums had their bright spots, but I was afraid that DMB had peaked with "Before these Crowded Streets". I think it's time for me to get this CD.
Shesdifferent wrote:
:sleep:
...better set the alarm clock.... goodnight! (honestly, I just YAWNED uncontrollably!!!)
Geez. it's DMB and I can't believe I am not putting it on mute. This isn't bad. It gets a 4. Must be the title. I've been NYC dreaming for the last couple of days.
It's amazing how "Dave" can make smooth and relaxing music so damn grating and irritatingly awful. I honestly hurt whenever I hear some of his songs... especially this one! (Apologies to the fans)
:sleep:
I liked them in '95. Not much since then. Ironically, they exploded in popularity soon after that. I remember my first year of college in Chicago, walking around listening to "Under the Table and Dreaming." Actually, this kind of reminds me of that era for some reason.
Buzzardcheater wrote:
I just don't get the DMB thing. Sure he's got a tight band, and _some few_ catchy tunes, but the whole huge legions of fans ready to lay down their life for him.... huh?
Pot and extended jams go well together (see The Grateful Dead, Phish, etc.). At least, that's what I've heard...
I just don't get the DMB thing. Sure he's got a tight band, and _some few_ catchy tunes, but the whole huge legions of fans ready to lay down their life for him.... huh? Several years ago they played at jazzfest in new orleans. Talk about "not getting it", his fans were only there for him, didn't care to see any of the other amazing acts going on, and certainly didn't click to the "fest vibe"; rude, loud and territorial. bleh. I tried to get in the area to see what the big deal was...couldn't penetrate the wall of dmb zombies.... Like I said, I just don't get it......
Ender43 wrote:
This is accurate, and frustrating.
I third all of these sentiments. I used to be a HUGE Dave fan. This is the first time I've heard this song, and I was extremely disappointed. Play some older Dave, please!
Totally overrated all round is my honest opinion, much like Blues Traveller, Hootie & the Blowfish & the rest of those bands with 'yuppie appeal'. Too 'white', man...
talkingvo wrote:
i completely agree. just when i think they could be halfway decent, the cheesy smooth jazz sax kicks in. ugh.
AGREED! I can't help but listen to this and have a horrible visions of a TV holday special with Dave Mathews and Kenny G! EEEEEEK.
betterdaze wrote:
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I have checked to request different of my favorite songs from this band and almost none of them are on here. I don't have the hardware to upload, or I would. I would add 'Pig' as one of the best. Also Raven, Best of What's Around, Spoon, Pantala Naga Pampa into Rapunzel, from Before These Crowded Streets. And Granny, one of the sweetest, get-up-and-dance songs ever.
This is accurate, and frustrating.
Nebben wrote:
My god, why isn't #41 on RP? Definitely among the best of DMB, and my personal favorite song from the band. Many of the songs on here are among the band's most boring and worst. Seriously, Bill -- #41, Halloween, The Dreaming Tree, The Stone, Jimi Thing, Warehouse, Dancing Nancies? Why are NONE of these on this station? You play the most mediocre songs from the band, then a bunch of people give them mediocre/bad ratings, and complain and whine about how much they are tired of hearing this band. Play some of their best songs, not all the stuff we hear on mainstream radio!
I agree with this wholeheartedly. I have checked to request different of my favorite songs from this band and almost none of them are on here. I don't have the hardware to upload, or I would. I would add 'Pig' as one of the best. Also Raven, Best of What's Around, Spoon, Pantala Naga Pampa into Rapunzel, from Before These Crowded Streets. And Granny, one of the sweetest, get-up-and-dance songs ever.
sesomswim wrote:
these guys continue to reinvent their sound. definitely a different style on this album. not as immediately catchy but it grows on you and doesn't wear out. overall a very relaxing and casually smooth track... i like it.
My god, why isn't #41 on RP? Definitely among the best of DMB, and my personal favorite song from the band. Many of the songs on here are among the band's most boring and worst. Seriously, Bill -- #41, Halloween, The Dreaming Tree, The Stone, Jimi Thing, Warehouse, Dancing Nancies? Why are NONE of these on this station? You play the most mediocre songs from the band, then a bunch of people give them mediocre/bad ratings, and complain and whine about how much they are tired of hearing this band. Play some of their best songs, not all the stuff we hear on mainstream radio!
I've come to like this band a lot. Like them the more I hear them on RP!
This man cannot sing. Period. And having an entire band behind him, each member apparently playing a different song, doesn't help. He missed a fine career opportunity as an auctioneer, though.
anyone else get the feeling that we're hearing Dave Matthews lose his soul one song at a time?
Art_Carnage wrote:
If only they could reinvent it as something listenable. :P
i completely agree. just when i think they could be halfway decent, the cheesy smooth jazz sax kicks in. ugh.
sesomswim wrote:
these guys continue to reinvent their sound. definitely a different style on this album. not as immediately catchy but it grows on you and doesn't wear out. overall a very relaxing and casually smooth track... i like it.
If only they could reinvent it as something listenable. :P
these guys continue to reinvent their sound. definitely a different style on this album. not as immediately catchy but it grows on you and doesn't wear out. overall a very relaxing and casually smooth track... i like it.