[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]
The Frames — Dream Awake
Album: Burn the Maps
Avg rating:
5.5

Your rating:
Total ratings: 178









Released: 2004
Length: 3:38
Plays (last 30 days): 0
(no lyrics available)
Comments (36)add comment
Who told this guy he could sing? :puke:
Get rid of the singing and it would be very nice...
Oh goody. Derivitave navel gazing that decides to "rock out" after 2 minutes. Somebody won an argument at a band rehersal & got to tack the Joy Division rip off onto the end.
squidish wrote:
You are getting verrrrrry sleeeee-py. :chillpill:
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
I dream awake too sometimes.
You are getting verrrrrry sleeeee-py. :chillpill:
crowhog2000 wrote:
I'll 2nd your 'umm.. not good', and raise you 1!
I just chipped in with a two bet as well
ObsidianInfinity wrote:
umm .. not good
I'll 2nd your 'umm.. not good', and raise you 1!
umm .. not good
:sunny:
Catchy, soaring, breath-taking
Chaotic, disjointed, annoying, mind-numbing. Save the last shotgun shell for yourself incase the rest miss the target and they keep singing. :stop:
can you say 'self pitying, self indulgent, whiny, lacking in any musical originality, or lyrical creativity'? I can.
Baby_M wrote:
"Courtney, have you seen my shotgun?"
I feel bad about finding that as funny as I do.
This reminds me of Lindsey Buckingham's solo work.
Miserable...
"Courtney, have you seen my shotgun?"
MsfStl wrote:
Bohnam and Moon.....? dude, I enjoy this, but at what point does Zep and the Who come across this ?.....where? thats like saying Pujols could smack a hit off this 'middle-America highschool pitcher' There is no connection. Oh, I'll shut up now. (pimp)
I think you just made my point...
bobringer wrote:
It rocks and all, I sort of enjoy it just a (very) little bit, but the drums are all over the place. John Bonham and Keith Moon must be rolling over in their graves hearing this. Whatever happened to a backbone? Not sure I'd be able to get over that on subsequent listens to really enjoy it.
Bohnam and Moon.....? dude, I enjoy this, but at what point does Zep and the Who come across this ?.....where? thats like saying Pujols could smack a hit off this 'middle-America highschool pitcher' There is no connection. Oh, I'll shut up now. (pimp)
tony99 wrote:
huh ? Now let's do a list ... Ireland vs. Wyoming ... you can have U2 if you like ...
Ireland Vs Just about any other nation really ... considering they have a population of 4.5 million .....
What's with the ripping on the frames? Got to love a little down to earth cathartic rock, no?
It rocks and all, I sort of enjoy it just a (very) little bit, but the drums are all over the place. John Bonham and Keith Moon must be rolling over in their graves hearing this. Whatever happened to a backbone? Not sure I'd be able to get over that on subsequent listens to really enjoy it.
ScottFromWyoming wrote:
I like it. I'm always a little leery of bands from Ireland, for some reason, but this is good. 7 for starters.
Yeah, that's always a good starting point for assessing music. I usually begin with the height/weight proportionality of the bass player, but that's just me.
ScottFromWyoming wrote:
I like it. I'm always a little leery of bands from Ireland, for some reason, but this is good. 7 for starters.
huh ? Now let's do a list ... Ireland vs. Wyoming ... you can have U2 if you like ...
Where we are... moggai ? early genesis ? ghinzu..... not so important , in fact that' s excellent
Excellent!!!
would_rather_be_canoeing wrote:
i saw these guys in amsterdam too, really put on an amazing show. good song.
... and I saw these guys in Montreal. Tremondous. Now I'm starting to collect their very-hard-to-find discography.
Wow. This gets the blood moving at 8AM. :nodhead:
i saw these guys in amsterdam too, really put on an amazing show. good song.
Very nice--great progression. :cool: I'll follow SFW's lead with a provisional 7. The CD has the same title as an amazing short story I read recently. But that's probably a coincidence.
8) Great! Good review too
Saw them live in Amsterdam last night - WOW! A must-see live band! :umbrella.gif:
Hey, this doesn't suck! Play it again, RP.
I like it. I'm always a little leery of bands from Ireland, for some reason, but this is good. 7 for starters.
My first upload got added! Wow. That's great. :) The track is as fresh as it can get - the album isn't even out yet, will be in february 2005. Found this promotional mp3 on their labels site, www.anti.com. For those of you who aren't aware that such a fantastic record-label exists, go check it out! They have a bunch of mp3's by all of their artists there, and a lot of them are worth listening to. It really is a good song. Even if it hasn't even got played yet. :) (maybe I'm breaking some secret rule on song commenting now..) It's simple and might seem boring, but it surprises you in the end. Gotta love those drums.. Thanks RP!