[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]
VAST — Thrown Away
Album: Nude
Avg rating:
7.1

Your rating:
Total ratings: 1797









Released: 2004
Length: 3:54
Plays (last 30 days): 4
There's a sun, there's a ground under my feet
There is almost nothing in between
Now I'm left like a flag atop a moon
Precious one, you have abandoned me

Oooh, so let me in
Because I'm out
I know that I am someone
No one said I was, no one said I was

Should I call you
Should I reach out?
It feels like chasing shadows in the night

Yeah let me in
Because I'm out
I know that I am someone
No one said I was, no one said I was, no one said I was

Thrown away, have I been thrown away?
Thrown away, have I been thrown away?

There's a sun, there's a ground under my feet
There is almost nothing in between
Now I'm left like a flag atop a moon
Precious one, you have abandoned me

Oooh, so let me in
Because I'm out
I know that I am someone
No one said I was, no one said I was, no one said I was

Thrown away, have I been thrown away?
Thrown away, have I been thrown away?
Comments (184)add comment
 Rockit9 wrote:

Leg "O" Human
 
I see a woman's torso
Always the same "simple" pattern but as almost always he nails it. 
Tight, tight, tight!!!! - Tuco Salamanca 
Voice kinda reminds me of Jim Morrison and that’s a good thing
Am hearing something Smith/Morrissey here...
Overdue 7 > 8
Becoming one of my favorite new bands.  Would have never discovered without RP.
Thank you again RP, for this great artist! This is a stellar track.
cool!!
 falconsk wrote:
What is shown on album cover? I can't recognize
 
Leg "O" Human
{#Music}
I like a lot of music that people could characterize as pretentious.  But it is important to cleanse oneself with a solid rock song like this regularly, particularly one I've never heard before, such as this one.
 woodchuk wrote:
Loud and kick-ass in the best rock tradition!  At least an  8 {#Dancingbanana_2}{#Bananajam}

 
I agree.  Good to hear something a little louder and heavier on occasion here on RP.
Loud and kick-ass in the best rock tradition!  At least an  8 {#Dancingbanana_2}{#Bananajam}
 falconsk wrote:
What is shown on album cover? I can't recognize

 
This is a woman's torso viewed from her right side, her breast is in the upper right quad and her rump is on the mid left side.  It puzzled me for minute, too. 
an 8 less v sections and better singing and a 9
 Stephen_Phillips wrote:
I like the sound of this band - I hear a lot of influences but that is not a criticism.  As with many RP listeners I tend to say they sound a bit like so-and-so and that is only natural because many of us have been around a long time and like many bands and genres.

When I click on the album cover of a new band to me to find out what date the album was released and it is a few years ago (12 years ago in this case) my heart sinks because I have a horrible feeling that I am listening to a band that may have come and gone in the intervening years and may have done so because they did not get the recognition and success they may deserve.

I hope Vast are still around and making music for a living - sorry I did not know you back then,
 

 


 Stephen_Phillips wrote:
I like the sound of this band - I hear a lot of influences but that is not a criticism.  As with many RP listeners I tend to say they sound a bit like so-and-so and that is only natural because many of us have been around a long time and like many bands and genres.

When I click on the album cover of a new band to me to find out what date the album was released and it is a few years ago (12 years ago in this case) my heart sinks because I have a horrible feeling that I am listening to a band that may have come and gone in the intervening years and may have done so because they did not get the recognition and success they may deserve.

I hope Vast are still around and making music for a living - sorry I did not know you back then,
 
They've been gone for quite some time sadly.
 


What is shown on album cover? I can't recognize
Replace this cat with Mark Lanegan and this could easily pass for a Screaming Trees song.
A-yup.  This is a good'un.
I like the sound of this band - I hear a lot of influences but that is not a criticism.  As with many RP listeners I tend to say they sound a bit like so-and-so and that is only natural because many of us have been around a long time and like many bands and genres.

When I click on the album cover of a new band to me to find out what date the album was released and it is a few years ago (12 years ago in this case) my heart sinks because I have a horrible feeling that I am listening to a band that may have come and gone in the intervening years and may have done so because they did not get the recognition and success they may deserve.

I hope Vast are still around and making music for a living - sorry I did not know you back then,
 
Happy honey moon.
I think this was on "The List Boys" soundtrack.
The hair went up on my back—I swear it was involuntary and I wasn't too sure who it was at first—, then I cranked it and upped the rating—twice. 
Always loved the Middle-Eastern vocal warblings scattered in this song, and I like the mad intensity raging throughout. ROCKIN' it, RP!
This is the third song of theirs I've heard and I like all three. I need to do some more investigation into this band. I've been impressed so far. Another RP find.
I thought this was Vic Reeves.  Great song, though
With Vast, you certainly get what it says on the tin - a BIG, VAST sound that deserves to come out of 10ft stacks with the amps up to 11. Truly surround sound. I had to dig out my cans to really get the oomph from this song - PC speakers just didn't cut it. 9 from the blown away Nottingham jury.
Crank it !!!!
 cShaggy wrote:
..with distinct Cure guitar licks..
 
isn't that the Smiths? Am I missing something?
 Dave_Mack wrote:
So apparently VAST stands for Visual Audio Sensory Theater, hence the little pictograms on the album cover.  Cool, eh?

 
Oh, neat! Thanks for the heads up :)
Cool! Crankin' yet with good separation. Not muddled at all. Groovin' jam.
Quite likeable - 7. 
Time out for a rock out.
Nice!
Wow, where did this come from? This is too good to leave playing in the background, work just has to stop while I crank it up and enjoy.
Vastly under-rated band.
Can't go wrong with Vast.
Incredible variety this morning! Rocking out to Vast - Thrown Away now, after Elvis - Love Me Tender a few minutes ago!
I specially like the drums on this. Great song!
Crank this one to 11!
Me likey, too!  (In Beavis and Butthead voice:  No wonder you like it.  The album is named Nude.  Heeheehee.)
 Cynaera wrote:
Never heard this before!  Me likey (to quote romeotuma, who's been conspicuously absent these days...){#Dancingbanana_2}
 

Miss you so much, Cynaera...
 
 Dalebarely wrote:
You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does
 



..with distinct Cure guitar licks..
VAST has a very predictable and extremely recognizable sound —- but I love what he does.
A-g-d-Men brother!
You shut your mouth
How can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am Human and I need to be loved
Just like everybody else does
Did he say "Precious one, you have abandoned me"?
Is this Gollum rocking out? 
Pretty Cool
Love this CD! Vast rocks...and is passionate, raging, triumphant in his heartbreak and isolation. Love it!
YAAHOW, that's a strong one.
No more "thinking"... let's get out and do it!

{#Motor} 
 Dave_Mack wrote:
So apparently VAST stands for Visual Audio Sensory Theater, hence the little pictograms on the album cover.  Cool, eh?
 
Indeed! I especially like the one for Sensory. Thanks!
 That_SOB wrote:


Oh yea, like the all-white-male,fat,did I say WHITE, old, repubs that took us all close to the brink of depression, stole a trillion,
and are still at the "same-old, same-old "  of taking multi-millions of investors money home because they say they deserve it..
( Can you say "deritives" or Lehman Brothers?—-I'll bet you can.?)
Bunch of em on the Supreme Court too, they have made it legal for ANYONE with the $$ to buy congress/senate.
I wonder what language we'll speak in 10 years ?   Farsi ? Chinese ? Geesh and I thought we already have the best government
money can buy.
Ya, we should take all those basturds out and hang/shoot em too. Hell, they are so easy to profile..
They are WHITE, in expensive suits, old, fat, have the Wall Street Journal tucked under their arms and get out of the elevator
on floors over 50 stories. Check the corner window offices first... then ya can shoot them like Palin shoots wolves..{#Hungry} U.

{#Ass}
 
I agree with your pissed-offedness!  More people need to wake up to what these new robber-barons are doing to our country and to us.

So apparently VAST stands for Visual Audio Sensory Theater, hence the little pictograms on the album cover.  Cool, eh?
Finally.....some awesome music! Yeah!
Wow, never heard this before.  It had my attention immediately and just got better.

This one goes to 11...
First thought, this is the singer of Madrugada, but its not him! this tune, not bad!!
Never heard this before!  Me likey (to quote romeotuma, who's been conspicuously absent these days...){#Dancingbanana_2}
{#Curtain}  Within 3 seconds my senses went, "Ahhhh VAST!"  {#Sunny}
Finally !!!!.....some upbeat Rock N'Roll!
RP needs to play more stuff like this....{#Jump}
 horstman wrote:
This guy has some serious talent!
 
Yes indeed — I think my Cd collection could be VAST-ly improved by picking up some of this guy's stuff!!  {#Music}
 Glockman45 wrote:
pretty good...
go here and tell me what these people have in common......... 

RACE!

Onward with the racial profiling. Let it continue.
 

Oh yea, like the all-white-male,fat,did I say WHITE, old, repubs that took us all close to the brink of depression, stole a trillion,
and are still at the "same-old, same-old "  of taking multi-millions of investors money home because they say they deserve it..
( Can you say "deritives" or Lehman Brothers?—-I'll bet you can.?)
Bunch of em on the Supreme Court too, they have made it legal for ANYONE with the $$ to buy congress/senate.
I wonder what language we'll speak in 10 years ?   Farsi ? Chinese ? Geesh and I thought we already have the best government
money can buy.
Ya, we should take all those basturds out and hang/shoot em too. Hell, they are so easy to profile..
They are WHITE, in expensive suits, old, fat, have the Wall Street Journal tucked under their arms and get out of the elevator
on floors over 50 stories. Check the corner window offices first... then ya can shoot them like Palin shoots wolves..{#Hungry} U.

{#Ass}


I like this....very catchy
 crockydile wrote:
Go fondle your pistol, throw-back boy! {#Headache}
 
Please don't feed the trolls. By bumping the troll's message up you gave it fresh exposure after it had dropped off the page.

Yaaahhh.
 Glockman45 wrote:
pretty good...
go here and tell me what these people have in common......... https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/fugitives.htm RACE! Onward with the racial profiling. Let it continue. now, back to the music....
 
Go fondle your pistol, throw-back boy! {#Headache}
The version I have of this doesn't have quite so much of that bloke wailing in the background during the verses, and imho is much better for it... 'tis still good tho :)

Just upped from 9 to 10. Amazing what this song can do for you! {#Dancingbanana_2}
 Glockman45 wrote:
pretty good...
go here and tell me what these people have in common......... https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/fugitives.htm RACE! Onward with the racial profiling. Let it continue. now, back to the music....
 
I can see that somebody needs to grow up around here.

What are you 12?

Please go away... 
Kind of reminds me of the Killers
A few years back I got dumped. I have a couple versions of this song acquired from iTunes, the VAST site, etc. So I put them all in a playlist and put it on random repeat. Then I got seriously drunk on Black Bush.

Woke up the next morning feeling much better.

I recommend this method to one and all.

let me in
because I'm out
I know that I am someone
no one said I was

This guy has some serious talent!
Glockman45 wrote:

pretty good...
go here and tell me what these people have in common......... https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/fugitives.htm RACE! Onward with the racial profiling. Let it continue. now, back to the music....



Holy Crap; you're right! Every one of those people are humans. I guess I've never looked at it that way. They also share the same nationality; which seems more significant to me, even if you seem not to have noticed. I also checked out the FBI's 10 most wanted list, which seems to make "appearance based profiling" a bit more difficult, as many nationalities seem to be represented.

UBL's on the top 10 list as well as the terrorist list, but then he's probably on all the lists, even though most rational arguments seem to exclude him as a suspect in the World Trade Center thing.


pretty good... go here and tell me what these people have in common......... https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/fugitives.htm RACE! Onward with the racial profiling. Let it continue. now, back to the music....
sounds like someone sanded all the edges off and packed it in cotton balls....
This sounds like mediocre early-90s power-rock fare from The Cult. Only not *quite* as good as The Cult.
Great tune. Glad to hear VAST got their act together with the distribution. The guitar, drums and vocals are awesome... but like most killer rock tunes the bass is what really drives it home. Hope to hear more from VAST. Thanks again RP for turning me on to this.
Oh this is nice! Guitar reminds me a bit of Johnny Marr.
Listened to it once and just went to the web site listed and bought it. How can you not for that price if you like the song? :clap:
Thanks for the second wind Bill. Please mix more stuff like this later in the evening for those of us studying :)
joevicc wrote:
We created a special site for discounts on digital downloads of our music. www.buyvastmusic.com is a site we created for people who learn about VAST from RadioParadise or YouTube. We only sell full albums of mp3s delivered as a .zip file. Its our way of saying thanks. So..ummm..thanks!
Let me just say how cool this is. I bought a couple records form that site about 2 weeks ago. Kudos.
Powerful! :clap:
I love these guys.
VAST on Amazon.com mp3 download Instead of talking about it, VAST just did it! VAST album Nude is $3.86 for download on Amazon.com. Please click through the RadioParadise links to buy it. Thanks
Nice production of the song. Very clean and crisp nice vocals and harmonies, excellent chord progressions as well. 8
We created a special site for discounts on digital downloads of our music. www.buyvastmusic.com is a site we created for people who learn about VAST from RadioParadise or YouTube. We only sell full albums of mp3s delivered as a .zip file. Its our way of saying thanks. So..ummm..thanks!
nice transition
Funny about what everyone hears in this band . . . I for one hear Muse. And maybe a little Queen (operatic vocals, people!). (Well, operatic-ish.)
This is not a group, but just one guy, believe it or not. A perfect song to break in my new speakers! robco1 wrote:
ONE good album? War, Boy, Unforgettable Fire? Beg to differ. Now I do agree that everything AFTER Joshua Tree is a little suspect... I don't give a crap who in the past these guys sound like, its still a pretty good song, with nice hooks.
This tune rocks - and it really doesn't sound anything like U2 - at all. Massive guitar riffage . . . yea!!
johnny_h wrote:
U2? First, U2 has 1 good album, the Joshua Tree. It's 20 years old, brilliant and how I want to remember U2. Second, if you think VAST is imitating U2 you have no ear. Listen to VAST's first album far more original, experimental and talented than even the Joshua Tree. "It's a beautiful day!"
ONE good album? War, Boy, Unforgettable Fire? Beg to differ. Now I do agree that everything AFTER Joshua Tree is a little suspect... I don't give a crap who in the past these guys sound like, its still a pretty good song, with nice hooks.
I heard U2 but I also hear The Smiths. What i don't hear is anything original.
Thanx to the little german music festival that is taking place in my student residence, i can turn this one UP without getting complaints!!
nike symbol.
hanssachs wrote:
Sorry dudes -- on first listen, it really is U2-ish, and that's not necessarily a good thing ...
Hmm...I find it rather Vast-ish. And it's a good thing!
This is what Interpol would sound like if they tried to right more than one song over and over and over again.
Sorry dudes -- on first listen, it really is U2-ish, and that's not necessarily a good thing ...
crowhog2000 wrote:
so U2 wanna B'ish but ok
U2? First, U2 has 1 good album, the Joshua Tree. It's 20 years old, brilliant and how I want to remember U2. Second, if you think VAST is imitating U2 you have no ear. Listen to VAST's first album far more original, experimental and talented than even the Joshua Tree. "It's a beautiful day!"
Dude, that's a bad batch of homebrew there. Try fewer hops next time. bostonbeerguy wrote:
a deliberate and poor smiths rip-off. can't be over fast enough.
so U2 wanna B'ish but ok
9 :arrow: 10
67nj wrote:
'damn it feels good to be a gangsta'
It's been 6 years since I first heard Touched and these guys still sound exactly the same. I really dug Visual Audio Sendory Theater though, and still listen to it on occasion. Might have to check this one out.
MKG wrote:
If you like this, you should really buy the album with Touched on it. Very good!
Digging it, fer shure....
shakitten wrote:
I bought this album after hearing it first on RP, and it is EXCELLENT! Without RP, I never would have known that Vast existed...how sad that would have been.
If you like this, you should really buy the album with Touched on it. Very good!
hmm Anyone els hear the cadburys flake theme in the corus? :D
Goes into my wish list. Excellent tune.
Nice transition from The Church - Reptile.
I really needed a rocker at this hour of the night. Thanks!
Killer bass... it rocks!
Really enjoying this. Thanks! :guitarist:
Killer rhythm section; really moves this song beyond what would be otherwise pretty ordinary.
Oh yeah, THIS is how to wake up in the mornings! :meditate:
great melody, lyrics, vocals.
get the album, lot of good tunes there.
Excelente, chicos. !Muy bueno! :music: Boston, beer, and guys suck.