[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]
Bob Marley — Roots, Rock, Reggae
Album: Rastaman Vibration
Avg rating:
7.3

Your rating:
Total ratings: 923









Released: 1976
Length: 3:26
Plays (last 30 days): 1
Play I some music
This a reggae music.
Play I some music
This a reggae music.

Roots, Rock, Reggae,
This a reggae music.

Roots, Rock, Reggae,
This a reggae music.
Hey mister music,
sure sound good to me

I can't refuse it
what to be, got to be
Feel like dancing
dance 'cause we are free
Feel like dancing,
come dance with me

Roots Rock Reggae
This a reggae music
Roots Rock Reggae (yea)
This a reggae music
Play I some music
This a reggae music
Play I some music
This a reggae music

Play I some R&B whoaa
Want all my people to see
We bubbling on the top one hundred
just like a mighty dread

Play I some R&B
Want all my people to see
We bubbling on the top one hundred
Just like a mighty dread

Roots Rock Reggae
This a reggae music (aha)
Roots Rock Reggae
This a reggae music
Play I some music
This a reggae music
Play I some music
This a reggae music

Play I some R&B (whoaa)
Want all my people to see
We bubbling on the top one hundred
just like a mighty dread

Play I some music
This a reggae music
Play I some music
This a reggae music

This a reggae music (fade)
Comments (94)add comment
This song represents the ultimate happiness and always brings such good memories. I wish I could give it 11 out of 10.
 oldman wrote:

It's consistent with Rastafari. For instance, Rastas use "I" in place of "me", "I and I" in place of "we". The use of I denotes the Rasta view that the self is divine.
 

Tell dem, seen
Just as repetitive, low-brow, and boring as every other reggae song.
Hey Mr. music.......!! Is well now....
 jademon wrote:
I'm noticing some grammar issues with these lyrics. 'Play I some music' is incorrect.

 
It's consistent with Rastafari. For instance, Rastas use "I" in place of "me", "I and I" in place of "we". The use of I denotes the Rasta view that the self is divine.
Long Live                                                                                                                                   Radio Paradise   
                                               8 - Most Excellent  to me    but Bob Marley is stating to bore me              
Repetitive. just like most reggae with the occasional good interspered
 MJdub wrote:

It's the dialect (Iyaric)

 
What a good link! Thank you!!

everything Bob Marley is Godlike

"Play I some music" can be either Shakespearian or Yoda-esque, depending on your cultural inclinations.  Not bad grammar a-tall


 jademon wrote:
I'm noticing some grammar issues with these lyrics. 'Play I some music' is incorrect.

 
It should perhaps be "Play I some music, please?"  Not enough "magic words", these days.
 jademon wrote:
I'm noticing some grammar issues with these lyrics. 'Play I some music' is incorrect.

 
It's the dialect (Iyaric)
I'm noticing some grammar issues with these lyrics. 'Play I some music' is incorrect.
KInda harsh on Bob guys...hey, the BEST reggae artist of all time is CULTURE featuring the genius of prophet Joseph Hill. Check out "Down In Jamaica Live in Africa" on You Tube.
 joelbb wrote:
THE most overrated act in history.  He hasn't written a different number since "I Shot the Sheriff".  How about Desmond Decker, or Toots, or Jimmie Cliff or anybody else off the "Harder They Come" album except this I-never-have-to-write-another-song-again bozo?  Sucko-barfo!

 

the most over rated act in AMERICAN  music history was elvis presely who was a total sellout, bob was real forever.
 Ya......what RedTruk wrote....JEESH!! 

RedTruk wrote:
Y'all commenting on the lack of new songs probably know that Bob Marley died of cancer in 1981 doncha? The song I Shot The Sheriff was released on Burnin' album in 1973 and this album is 1976. Lasting.

 


Y'all commenting on the lack of new songs probably know that Bob Marley died of cancer in 1981 doncha? The song I Shot The Sheriff was released on Burnin' album in 1973 and this album is 1976. Lasting.
 sfListener wrote:
Ever notice how a lot of reggae songs are about reggae?
 
Lots of urban music is also about urban music. It's called self-indulgence.
 joelbb wrote:
THE most overrated act in history.  He hasn't written a different number since "I Shot the Sheriff".  How about Desmond Decker, or Toots, or Jimmie Cliff or anybody else off the "Harder They Come" album except this I-never-have-to-write-another-song-again bozo?  Sucko-barfo!
 
I am sorry to have to agree. A one-song act most liked by potheads that are too intoxicated not to notice.
THE most overrated act in history.  He hasn't written a different number since "I Shot the Sheriff".  How about Desmond Decker, or Toots, or Jimmie Cliff or anybody else off the "Harder They Come" album except this I-never-have-to-write-another-song-again bozo?  Sucko-barfo!
Love those backing singers.
 sfListener wrote:
Ever notice how a lot of reggae songs are about reggae?
 
Mutual admiration society? Perpetual motion machine? Infinite recursion? You decide. 
Smoooooth grooooove...yah mon...feelin' it....

{#Sunny}
ear massage!!
Love me some Marley all da time!
Love me some Marley in the afternoon!
Love me some Marley in the mornin'!

by ~thewho78
aimi mine   ©2006-2010 ~thewho78

bluer than black


 romeotuma wrote:


This song is good for the ears...
 
{#Wave}{#Devil_pimp}
 nigelr wrote:


Surely, you jest!  60% 'hate' reggae just because YOU do????
C'mon, don't be modest!
 
Actually, 77% of rating listeners gave this a 7 or higher.  So maybe a small handful hate reggae - many of us love it!



This song is good for the ears...


{#Bounce}Rock On Bob!!! {#Bounce}
funny!
 
sfListener wrote:
Ever notice how a lot of reggae songs are about reggae?
 


It just takes some Bob Marley to drop your stress level down. That's all I need for the moment! Thanks RP!!!

Ever notice how a lot of reggae songs are about reggae?
 jlind wrote:
Bill, you know about 60% of us absolutly hate reggae, and we deal with it on this station because the rest of the music is so amazing. But WHY, WHY play two of these awful songs in a row?
 

Surely, you jest!  60% 'hate' reggae just because YOU do????
C'mon, don't be modest!

 

It is always good for remembering the only talent of Mr. Robert "Bob" Nesta Marley and The Wailers-  

** 10 **


 TanteJensen wrote:

A marketing genius, that is. Don't like it.
 
A songwriting genius.

Write us one song that anyone will care about in twenty years. 

Bob wrote a dozen. And we'll still be listening to them in another twenty.

This is not one of them, but it certainly hints at it. 
MojoJojo wrote:
60% may hate it, but the other 83% of us love it. :nyah:
60%? Look at the rating. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the more a song is liked by a large majority of listeners, the more loud complaints about the song will be posted on the comments page.
That little guitar lick at the "play I on the R&B!" line... that's what hooked me on this song back in the day. That's what reggae is about; keeping it simple and mellow and allowing something as simple as that little lick to shine.
Zarba wrote:
Bob is a genius.
A marketing genius, that is. Don't like it.
:daisy:
raga wrote:
STOP REGGAE :yawn: STOP REGGAE :yawn: STOP REGGAE :yawn: STOP REGGAE :yawn: STOP REGGAE :yawn: STOP REGGAE :yawn:
:moon: STOP RAGA!
ReggaeReggaeReggae.. can not get enough of Reggae :D Thank you RP. Tusen takk! :D
Creamy smooth slippery dreamy music. mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Keep playing I Reggae
STOP REGGAE :yawn: STOP REGGAE :yawn: STOP REGGAE :yawn: STOP REGGAE :yawn: STOP REGGAE :yawn: STOP REGGAE :yawn:
I like Reggae. Problem comes from playing the same tracks over and over. This is nice and not played too often. Also, Bill, Marley isn't hte only reggae artist around. A bit more eclecticism (? can I say that ?) would be nice.
You all know how I feel, so I won't repeat... Okay, I will: Heard one reggae song, heard 'em all.
godlike...keep it rollin' bill :cheesygrin:
60% may hate it, but the other 83% of us love it. :nyah:
:dance:
jlind wrote:
Bill, you know about 60% of us absolutly hate reggae, and we deal with it on this station because the rest of the music is so amazing.
dionysius wrote:
I need to see some figures, here. What was your polling sample (expressed as a % of all RP listeners)? Did you offer any choices in your line of polling questions other than the either/or option (i.e., you meant to say "absolutely hate" in your post but were there "somewhat hate" or "can tolerate sometimes" options)? What opportunity were people polled given to express reasons for their opinions? Were there any built-in skews (i.e., only asking people who hate reggae to begin with)? I have to question your methodology, mon.
Sounds like a bit of experimenter bias to me.
physicsgenius wrote:
I eat whole wheat, voted for Kerry and don't live in Chicago. I also think there's too much reggae on RP. Just a datapoint.
Just to keep the thread going and annoy people, I'm a W voting reggae lover. Whitebread as all hell. Of course, I only got to see Bob live a few times, so what do I know? Bob is a genius.
this is a nice kick-off to another day at work... keep up the reggae, please!
jlind wrote:
Bill, you know about 60% of us absolutly hate reggae, and we deal with it on this station because the rest of the music is so amazing.
Who is "us"?
how can anyone NOT like Bob?
jlind wrote:
Bill, you know about 60% of us absolutly hate reggae, and we deal with it on this station because the rest of the music is so amazing. But WHY, WHY play two of these awful songs in a row?
I need to see some figures, here. What was your polling sample (expressed as a % of all RP listeners)? Did you offer any choices in your line of polling questions other than the either/or option (i.e., you meant to say "absolutely hate" in your post but were there "somewhat hate" or "can tolerate sometimes" options)? What opportunity were people polled given to express reasons for their opinions? Were there any built-in skews (i.e., only asking people who hate reggae to begin with)? I have to question your methodology, mon. And this exact proportion of alleged hatred does not seem to be reflected in the voting for Bob Marley's "Roots, Rock, Reggae" anyway. Hmmm...
physicsgenius wrote:
I eat whole wheat ...
Well that can't explain why you're so constipated, then.
Keep'em coming, yes!
jlind wrote:
Bill, you know about 60% of us absolutly hate reggae, and we deal with it on this station because the rest of the music is so amazing. But WHY, WHY play two of these awful songs in a row?
Well, now you only have to mute and un-mute once. If the songs were spread around the playlist, you would be annoyed multiple times, now it's all condensed in a few songs.
Slick wrote:
This is the 60% in jlind's white-bread, W voting, Chicago suburban neighborhood. The other 99% of us who groove to RP are dancin' to da music :grouphug:
I eat whole wheat, voted for Kerry and don't live in Chicago. I also think there's too much reggae on RP. Just a datapoint.
jlind wrote:
Bill, you know about 60% of us absolutly hate reggae, and we deal with it on this station because the rest of the music is so amazing. But WHY, WHY play two of these awful songs in a row?
<-X :notworthy: :drummer: :guitarist: :notworthy: !!!
jlind wrote:
Bill, you know about 60% of us absolutly hate reggae, and we deal with it on this station because the rest of the music is so amazing. But WHY, WHY play two of these awful songs in a row?
This is the 60% in jlind's white-bread, W voting, Chicago suburban neighborhood. The other 99% of us who groove to RP are dancin' to da music :grouphug:
jlind wrote:
Bill, you know about 60% of us absolutly hate reggae, and we deal with it on this station because the rest of the music is so amazing. But WHY, WHY play two of these awful songs in a row?
And your point being... what?
jlind wrote:
Bill, you know about 60% of us absolutly hate reggae, and we deal with it on this station because the rest of the music is so amazing. But WHY, WHY play two of these awful songs in a row?
According to the avg. rating, looks like about 71% of raters like this tune, and probably Marley's reggae as well. Rise up all you people!!
Good thing this is radio... CD would continue skipping because of the crazy dancing I'm doing here... :notworthy: :music: :goodvibes: :sunny: :meditate: :jump: :cowboy: :clap:
Thanks Bill--just what I needed after a day full of dealing with corporatespeak bullsh*t. :sunny.gif:
jlind wrote:
Bill, you know about 60% of us absolutly hate reggae, and we deal with it on this station because the rest of the music is so amazing. But WHY, WHY play two of these awful songs in a row?
Must've missed that poll.
jlind wrote:
Bill, you know about 60% of us absolutly hate reggae, and we deal with it on this station because the rest of the music is so amazing. Buy WHY, WHY play two of these awful songs in a row?
I'm in the 40%. Rock on, mon! :bounce:
Bill, you know about 60% of us absolutly hate reggae, and we deal with it on this station because the rest of the music is so amazing. But WHY, WHY play two of these awful songs in a row?
redeyespy wrote:
Nice. Still have that old Run DMC remake, "Roots, Rap, Raggae" in my head though. #-o
I always think of Stiff Little Fingers "Roots, Radicals, Rock, Reggae" or something like that...
So, let me see if I get this straight. (White bread, though I am) Reggae is not defined by Rasta, but Rasta is defined by Reggae...? If you have to ask, you are neither? Heile Anastazi found the Ark , but his was full of hemp? IRE is the International Republican Exposition?? Why did it take place in the Bahamas?
Bob Marley... Always in our Soul.
Anytime I hear Bob marley I can just feel it straight into my heart...Anytime, anyplace...
joe1 wrote:
What are all these little dancing symbols all about?...Are you all 9 years of age?
This is the first person in 15 years of internet useage, going back to being on a shell account in 1989, that I have ever seen confused by emoticons.
:bounce:
What are all these little dancing symbols all about?...Are you all 9 years of age?
What do smiley icons have ANYTHING to do with anybodies age?
Nice. Still have that old Run DMC remake, "Roots, Rap, Raggae" in my head though. #-o
sublime song to listen to when one cannot catch some zz's... :jump:
I think Joe's dancing for real now...
go ronny! :bounce: :dancingbanana: :bounce: . sorry joe, guess you just have to close your eyes for a sec ;). Hm, by the way, not everybody seems to agree these are 'dancing' symbols, just check out the 'dancing banana-poll' in the forum about RP :roflol:
joe1 wrote:
What are all these little dancing symbols all about?...Are you all 9 years of age?
I think anyone that DOESN'T dance needs some more sunshine in their life.
Stop it, Ronny.........!
I know i am! :D :D :D
What are all these little dancing symbols all about?...Are you all 9 years of age?
come dance with me plz :dancingbanana: :whip: :bananabanger:
Ahhh, my hero...thanks RP, a great way to start the week!
Anything by Bob is ok with me...keep it up..........
After taking in Thievery Corporation, which does have it\'s own style and was good groove stuff, the first notes of Marley, God I got so sad, he died way too young. All that soul pouring out like a rainstorm of life and that was I thought the Thievery Corporation and much of the sampled word of music misses, the soul of music. :cool:
Is it 420 yet? (pimp)
I don\'t know if I\'ve ever heard anything of Bob\'s that I would rate under an 8.
Ja mon!
really headbobbin
this song makes me want to dance on the beaches of JA.