[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]
U2 — Where the Streets Have No Name
Album: The Joshua Tree
Avg rating:
8.1

Your rating:
Total ratings: 2577









Released: 1987
Length: 5:32
Plays (last 30 days): 1
I wanna run
I want to hide
I wanna tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I wanna reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name

I wanna feel sunlight on my face
I see the dust cloud disappear without a trace
I wanna take shelter from the poison rain
Where the streets have no name

Where the streets have no name
Where the streets have no name
We're still building
Then burning down love,
Burning down love
And when I go there
I go there with you
It's all I can do

The city's a flood
And our love turns to rust
We're beaten and blown by the wind
Trampled in dust
I'll show you a place
High on a desert plain
Where the streets have no name

Where the streets have no name
Where the streets have no name
We're still building
Then burning down love,
Burning down love
And when I go there
I go there with you
It's all I can do

Our love turns to rust
We're beaten and blown by the wind
Blown by the wind
Oh yes, in dust
See our love turn to rust
And we're beaten and blown by the wind
Blown by the wind
Oh, when I go there
I go there with you
It's all I can do
Comments (474)add comment
Best intro of a rocksong ever.
I'll say it again. and again. and again. if you ever need a reason to watch U2 live, this is it. the reason for live music. this. 🤔
 rpdevotee wrote:
I think I have this song enough times for one lifetime (and then some).  Any relevance to entertainment or talent is obscured by redundancy.  U2 had many songs *not* including this one.  There is no reason to obsess with pop Top 10 radio hits when playing a band with true ability.
 

I disagree [mostly]. So many U2 tracks were so maddeningly overplayed in the 24/7 FM echo closet that I psd right past them here on RP.  This one, however, imo earns almost every play it receives, here and elsewhere.  It's a certified extra-gear classic that most other U2 tracks, like most tracks by many other bands, seem to lack. And this one is fabulous for blasting loud on windows-down 100 m.p.h. highway and country driving. I've done it, and more than once, and is one reason why for me this one is top notch.  
 rpdevotee wrote:
I think I have this song enough times for one lifetime (and then some).  Any relevance to entertainment or talent is obscured by redundancy.  U2 had many songs *not* including this one.  There is no reason to obsess with pop Top 10 radio hits when playing a band with true ability.
 
Unless the song is good (it is) and it fits into the playlist (it does). With a rating of 8.1, I suspect this song will continue to be played here as Bill sees fit.
I am not an U2 fan but this song is one of my few 10s
check out the superbowl 2012 halftime show of this song
a band that meats the criteria of the Regurgitator song I Like Your Old Stuff Better Than Your New Stuff
I think I have this song enough times for one lifetime (and then some).  Any relevance to entertainment or talent is obscured by redundancy.  U2 had many songs *not* including this one.  There is no reason to obsess with pop Top 10 radio hits when playing a band with true ability.
 mrtuba9 wrote:
 
You were first
 hugogdt wrote:


Today actually Bill played 2 songs from different albums in a few hours, did he take note of this discussion? U2 are (were?) good but yes, they are somehow overplayed ...
 
9



This great song can never be overplayed: In Los Angeles - Where The Streets Have No Name
 tiggers wrote:

While you are, of course, entitled to your opinion one can't help but feel it's one of those opinions born out of wanting to appear aloof and 'cool' and I'm quite surprised you didn't use the term 'sold out' to emphasise your point. Anyway with The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby and All That You Can Leave Behind widely considered as classics by the consumer and critic alike as well as a solid reputation (backed up by ticket sales) as one of the best live bands in the world you will have to accept that your opinion is, at best, in a minority.
 

Today actually Bill played 2 songs from different albums in a few hours, did he take note of this discussion? U2 are (were?) good but yes, they are somehow overplayed ...
 trevc wrote:
However bad Coldplay get they will never be this bad. Why do all their songs sound the same and equally bad?
 


Agreed. I don't usually feel the need to comment but if ever there were a more pretentious band I don't know of them. I mean "Bono" & "The Edge"? No, you're called Paul & David!

And moreover the music's dreadful...

Hands down, the best U2 song ever recorded. From haunting organs at the beginning, flying rhythm throughout the song to mesmerizing ending with Edge and Eno blending the guiitar and organ. Beautiful.
Classic, fun video: Where the Streets Have No Name - Rooftop Video
 johnalexford wrote:
I won't bash this song however to others' points, it has been overplayed to a fault. Their older stuff leading up to and including The Unforgettable Fire was by far their best. Although there were some good tracks on Achtung. Saw them twice and they do put on a solid show. Have to give 'em that.
 
While you are, of course, entitled to your opinion one can't help but feel it's one of those opinions born out of wanting to appear aloof and 'cool' and I'm quite surprised you didn't use the term 'sold out' to emphasise your point. Anyway with The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby and All That You Can Leave Behind widely considered as classics by the consumer and critic alike as well as a solid reputation (backed up by ticket sales) as one of the best live bands in the world you will have to accept that your opinion is, at best, in a minority.
 maboleth wrote:

Oh yes. Especially after Zooropa, or Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me song (1995). Everything after that was pure garbage or rehash of old stuff. As far as I'm concerned, relevant U2 is from 1984-1993/5.

 
What a tired and oft regurgitated take.
johnalexford wrote:
I won't bash this song however to others' points, it has been overplayed to a fault. Their older stuff leading up to and including The Unforgettable Fire was by far their best. Although there were some good tracks on Achtung. Saw them twice and they do put on a solid show. Have to give 'em that.

 
For me Achtung baby is pretty decent album. Like it a lot. Probably one of their best (just my taste) :) But won't deny that older albums are good.
I won't bash this song however to others' points, it has been overplayed to a fault. Their older stuff leading up to and including The Unforgettable Fire was by far their best. Although there were some good tracks on Achtung. Saw them twice and they do put on a solid show. Have to give 'em that.
vabbé, sempre bella
 kingart wrote:

I was never a huge U2 fan—like so many other main-brand acts, the endless payola promo repetitions of a handful of their tunes on commercial FM (usually mediocre tracks that did not pass the tests of numerous ear assaults) turned me off to the band as a whole—but I'm on your page with your view of this song. Genius.  

 
Oh yes. Especially after Zooropa, or Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me song (1995). Everything after that was pure garbage or rehash of old stuff. As far as I'm concerned, relevant U2 is from 1984-1993/5.
I am a big early U2 fan, but this song is the new American Pie.  It has been so overplayed that I really can't listen to it anymore.  

Yes!   Can't wait to see them play this live next week in Phoenix!   
 poetdancer wrote:
So I glad I saw U2 just recently on their Joshua Tree tour. Still an amazingly relevant band, and the show was fantastic.

 
Just saw them two nights ago myself. By god I was actually impressed. Saw them twice before but this one was a step above. (Beck opening didn't hurt things either. ^_^)
 maboleth wrote:
The ultimate U2 song, nothing comes close. And one of their best albums ever.

 
I was never a huge U2 fan—like so many other main-brand acts, the endless payola promo repetitions of a handful of their tunes on commercial FM (usually mediocre tracks that did not pass the tests of numerous ear assaults) turned me off to the band as a whole—but I'm on your page with your view of this song. Genius.  
 On_The_Beach wrote:

And you go there often, apparently.  ; )

 
Looks like he went "there" at least 14 times on that day.
The ultimate U2 song, nothing comes close. And one of their best albums ever.
So I glad I saw U2 just recently on their Joshua Tree tour. Still an amazingly relevant band, and the show was fantastic.

I've never considered myself a fan of U2, probably cuz I was only 10 when this album came out, so too young for their early years, and I was more on the Jazz/Blues/R&B/Funk/Hip-Hop/Rap, etc.

I rated this one a 9, and even though I've heard it hundreds of times, I don't think I ever enjoyed it until a few years ago.  Maybe it's wisdom as I get older?  Or having lost loved ones?  Nonetheless, I've always tried to remain open-minded about U2, and maybe I'll go out and buy one of their albums one day....this one probably....why  not?!

Long Live RP!


Sing it!
"Still building then burning down love."  Timeless words.
 ploba wrote:
O yes, I remember the hours and hours of enjoyment I received from listening to this album when it first came out

 
There you have it right there,  The reason why U2 are one of the greats - because people love their music. Simple.

Many people dislike Bono and his persona but that is beside the point.  He/they could write and perform music that appealed to a whole generation across the world. 

I have just got to bump it up from 8 > 9. 
O yes, I remember the hours and hours of enjoyment I received from listening to this album when it first came out
 trevc wrote:
However bad Coldplay get they will never be this bad. Why do all their songs sound the same and equally bad?

 
Perhaps it is your lack of compassion and humanity.
The best!
 Rochoa78 wrote:
When I go there, I go there with you.

 
Have you considered Depakote for your epilepsy?
back in the day ..  riding my bike down the Hermosa Beach Strand .. headphones turned up loud on my Walkman .. bliss
“I want to feel some lead on my face.”
That's a stubborn mondegreen. And I keep on wondering what it could mean if it had been the actual lyrics.
 Agreed, especially after this tough week.

jessesteinen wrote:
This song lifts me up.

 


This song lifts me up.
 Rochoa78 wrote:
When I go there, I go there with you.
 
And you go there often, apparently.  ; )
When I go there, I go there with you.
When I go there, I go there with you.
 ambrebalte wrote:

I dare to differ
In these days when I see how devastating any "-ism" can be, to pack us, listeners, by country, what would that mean?
I'm not attacking anybody here. I am sad, deeply, "inconsolable". We are loosing everything we thought was ..., was what? Our world, freedom, peace, hopes. I'm not looking for the whos or the whys anymore. I'm tired. I worry. I feel sorrow...
I don't know where to live.

 
I was mostly joking, thus the {#Cheesygrin}. I do have an interest in other cultural perspectives and musical tastes, so I think it would be fun to see this, but probably not worth a bunch of programming time. I do enjoy seeing the countries where commentators are from, although I'm not sure "pale blue dot" packs much meaning for me.
where the cliche's have no end.
{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Dancingbanana_2}
their best tune LIVE
{#Bananajam} 
Even my 11-year-old daughter thinks this is a great song (and why wouldn't she?).
However bad Coldplay get they will never be this bad. Why do all their songs sound the same and equally bad?
Listening to this song, while remembering the video, always gives me goosebumps and brings me back to all the amazing shows I have seen of U2. Last year I've met Bono, it still makes me smile when I think of that day. Yes, I am a fan {#Dancingbanana_2}
Best U2 track especially when you see them live.
Saw them live in Chicago last year and my God what a show. Technical wizardry. Emotional. Meaningful. Church.
Still one of the best driving songs ever! I can't forget jamming this at high volume while rolling at great speed across the high California desert as my bro and I approached Sequoia and Yosemite before my 1st Japan launch for one of our best trippy tripping camping trips.
Car blast off music. Cue this up, hit the highway at 20, crank this as the machine hits 70. I've done it many times. 
 Will62 wrote:
Yawn - self-important ramblings from an unshakably opinionated dilettante

 
Don't be so hard on yourself.
 stalfnzo wrote:

The problem with your argument is that "a solid 8.3" rating is similar to the problem with a democracy: the masses are often not right. In fact, throughout history the masses have been proven wrong over and over, and have had to be dragged out of their ignorance by more enlightened individuals. (Flat earth, Heliocentric solar system, Slavery, Civil Rights, Suffrage, etc, etc.) I have no doubt that history is on my side regarding the mediocrity of U2.

 
Oh, so is God on Your Side? Must be handy in bar fights. Many times the wisdom of the crowd wins out, though.
 Pike wrote:

That's because we've had to listen to this pretencious noise for longer than you have. Also, does anyone know when the edge puts his hat on in the morning? Is it before or after he's cleaned his teeth?

 
Yes, a grand total of perhaps 1 year longer in a nearly 30 year career.  Also, does anyone know when Pike will learn to spell the big words?


 Pike wrote:

That's because we've had to listen to this pretencious noise for longer than you have. Also, does anyone know when the edge puts his hat on in the morning? Is it before or after he's cleaned his teeth?

 
Haha, I'm in the UK actually, and count myself among the less-well-likers...
 Webfoot wrote:

That would be a very cool addition, and not just for U2!  Bill, can you get crackin' on that?  {#Cheesygrin}

 
I dare to differ
In these days when I see how devastating any "-ism" can be, to pack us, listeners, by country, what would that mean?
I'm not attacking anybody here. I am sad, deeply, "inconsolable". We are loosing everything we thought was ..., was what? Our world, freedom, peace, hopes. I'm not looking for the whos or the whys anymore. I'm tired. I worry. I feel sorrow...
I don't know where to live.
 themusicroob wrote:
Wish you could see ratings by country. I have a feeling U2 are much less well-liked in the UK than across the pond...

 
That would be a very cool addition, and not just for U2!  Bill, can you get crackin' on that?  {#Cheesygrin}
Loving all this U2 we're getting these days!  Let us bathe in the tears of the crybabies and h8rs as we enjoy ALL that this band has to offer from Boy to Songs of Innocence.  

Thanks Bill!
 themusicroob wrote:
Wish you could see ratings by country. I have a feeling U2 are much less well-liked in the UK than across the pond...

 
That's because we've had to listen to this pretencious noise for longer than you have. Also, does anyone know when the edge puts his hat on in the morning? Is it before or after he's cleaned his teeth?
Wish you could see ratings by country. I have a feeling U2 are much less well-liked in the UK than across the pond...
 jsed wrote:
{#Bananajam}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Bananasplit}{#Bananajumprope}{#Dancingbanana}

I wish I could rate it an 11.

 
+1
{#Bananajam}{#Dancingbanana_2}{#Bananasplit}{#Bananajumprope}{#Dancingbanana}

I wish I could rate it an 11.
Yawn - self-important ramblings from an unshakably opinionated dilettante
 colt4x5 wrote:
Yes, Neville, 8.3 is something of an endorsement.
Oddly ... it also leaves room for dissent.
Even though gazillions of loyal listeners find this song irresistible, compelling, heart-rending, "U2's best" — there are others, equally loyal members of the RP community, who find this ditty less impressive — some to the extent that they will rate it "3" or "2" or "1," and would go lower if lower were only available.
So don't get all carried away with those myths of Majority Rule, Might Makes Right, My Station - Love it or Leave It.
This is not Winner Take All.
Despite your endless whining.
 
The thing is, I'm not even a U2 fan any more. I never listen to their music, except here on RP.
The last album of theirs that I found interesting was "Atomic Bomb" way back in . . . ?
So no, I'm not complaining because I feel I need to defend a band I love.
And yes, I get that it's not all about ratings and popularity.
It's just a simple case of being tired of the (seemingly endless) whining.
Seeing the same people saying the same negative, witless things over and over and over . . . and over.
"Bono is an arse!" Woo-hoo, hilarious, never heard that one before.
"Edge can't play guitar." "Everything after The Joshua Tree sucks." . . . ad nauseam.
About as clever and insightful as "Dylan can't sing".
I'm all for dissenting viewpoints; just make some attempt to write something remotely interesting.
Or, stick with "U2 sucks" if that's the best you can come up with.
 On_The_Beach wrote:

RP community rates this a solid 8.3, despite your endless whining.

 
Yes, Neville, 8.3 is something of an endorsement.
Oddly ... it also leaves room for dissent.
Even though gazillions of loyal listeners find this song irresistible, compelling, heart-rending, "U2's best" — there are others, equally loyal members of the RP community, who find this ditty less impressive — some to the extent that they will rate it "3" or "2" or "1," and would go lower if lower were only available.
So don't get all carried away with those myths of Majority Rule, Might Makes Right, My Station - Love it or Leave It.

This is not Winner Take All.
Despite your endless whining.
And I thought we'd got away with it!
I read that half of all the recording time for the Joshua Tree was spent on this one song. I have seen U2 live at least ten times and this is always the highlight of the show.  Fantastic!

 
It's that time of day again, U2 time to go and make a brew!
U2 can be a bit hysterical sometimes
But this album is really really good, and before they got really FAMOUS and Bono went too political. Get it on vinyl
The best U2 song, even if you don't like U2. This is scaring and make me willies
 westslope wrote:
Oh yes!  One of the world's great pop music acts.  

 
Yes, they can still present a top notch sound and visual production as witnessed on their opening night tour in Vancouver.
Oh yes!  One of the world's great pop music acts.  
Oh no! Not more u2.  IMO the most over-rated group on the planet.  Disappointed to fire-up RP and hear this blah.
For reasins no one would understand. Lawrence John Ciardella
 
 On_The_Beach wrote:

RP community rates this a solid 8.3, despite your endless whining.

 
The problem with your argument is that "a solid 8.3" rating is similar to the problem with a democracy: the masses are often not right. In fact, throughout history the masses have been proven wrong over and over, and have had to be dragged out of their ignorance by more enlightened individuals. (Flat earth, Heliocentric solar system, Slavery, Civil Rights, Suffrage, etc, etc.) I have no doubt that history is on my side regarding the mediocrity of U2.
 ChrisVIII wrote:
The strength of the song lies in its introduction

 
Yes, I still get a little lift when I hear it, after all these years.
The strength of the song lies in its introduction
One of those songs that sound horrible when the audio setup is not good.
On Radio Paradise it sounds pretty good! {#Bananajam} 
The longer U2 goes on, the less remarkable they become. This song, however, is eternal.
 stalfnzo wrote:
 One of U2's very worst. So much worse than their normal drivel. 1 is the lowest I can give.
 
RP community rates this a solid 8.3, despite your endless whining.
Bill Bailey sorts this right out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8dZwXnMrRU

Enjoy, then tell me why he is wrong..... 
 One of U2's very worst. So much worse than their normal drivel. 1 is the lowest I can give.
 ShaunJ wrote:

Still one of the best live U2 songs. Sends shivers down your spine {#Bananajam}

Too bad they don't do that anymore.



  they did it in 2011 on their last major tour
 ShaunJ wrote:
Still one of the best live U2 songs. Sends shivers down your spine {#Bananajam}

Too bad they don't do that anymore.



 
Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby are two of the best rock albums of all time but I'm quite ready to find the instructions on how to remove "Songs of Innocence" from my iTunes library. So labored and earnest and bleached of passion. 
 Webfoot wrote:

From an interview:  "very sensitive eyes to light. If somebody takes my photograph, I will see the flash for the rest of the day," he said.

"My right eye swells up. I've a blockage there, so that my eyes go red a lot. A magazine across the pond was referring to me as 'old red eyes.'"

"So it's part vanity, it's part privacy, and part sensitivity"

"I'm the Imelda Marcus of sunglasses," he laughed.

It sounds at least a little self-deprecating...



 
Still one of the best live U2 songs. Sends shivers down your spine {#Bananajam}

Too bad they don't do that anymore.


 zenhead wrote:
what is the freakin' deal with bono's glasses? u2 seems to take them selves so seriously, like every song is a document of epic world importance. i find no humor or amusement, no self-deprication. and that hammering guitar, like "the edge" only knows a few chords. and another thing (before i climb down off my curmudgeonly high horse) what is with the single word names? these guys seem overly pretentious. so much for them, next song, please.

 
From an interview: 

"...very sensitive eyes to light. If somebody takes my photograph, I will see the flash for the rest of the day," he said.

"My right eye swells up. I've a blockage there, so that my eyes go red a lot. A magazine across the pond was referring to me as 'old red eyes.'"

"So it's part vanity, it's part privacy, and part sensitivity"

"I'm the Imelda Marcus of sunglasses," he laughed.

 

It sounds at least a little self-deprecating...


 linden wrote:
Comment sections for U2 songs are always full of hate, but ratings are consistently high. The silent majority has spoken.

 
astute
Comment sections for U2 songs are always full of hate, but ratings are consistently high. The silent majority has spoken.
 
though technically "The Edge" is a two-word name, but yeah....


zenhead wrote:
what is the freakin' deal with bono's glasses? u2 seems to take them selves so seriously, like every song is a document of epic world importance. i find no humor or amusement, no self-deprication. and that hammering guitar, like "the edge" only knows a few chords. and another thing (before i climb down off my curmudgeonly high horse) what is with the single word names? these guys seem overly pretentious. so much for them, next song, please.

 


what is the freakin' deal with bono's glasses? u2 seems to take them selves so seriously, like every song is a document of epic world importance. i find no humor or amusement, no self-deprication. and that hammering guitar, like "the edge" only knows a few chords. and another thing (before i climb down off my curmudgeonly high horse) what is with the single word names? these guys seem overly pretentious. so much for them, next song, please.
If i could punch bono in the face it would be a good day {#Pray}
 rdo wrote:

are you perhaps being a little hard on BONO et al?  I cannot stand Bono but I do like his music quite a bit. 
 
.... perhaps; I wish I could get over the Bono thing but I do find it extremely difficult!
 Peter_Bradshaw wrote:
{#Eek} 
..... thankfully we have a button that says PSD
 
are you perhaps being a little hard on BONO et al?  I cannot stand Bono but I do like his music quite a bit. 
{#Eek} 
..... thankfully we have a button that says PSD
 hiorgos wrote:
Not sure what's best to describe U2, Boring or Annoying.

 
both
This grates bad I'm afraid - thought my phone was going off. Never got into that awful jangly sound of this band. Fortunately the plays arent quite as frequent as they were some months ago. Still it takes all sorts.
Ahhhh - the good days of U2, before Bono became a living parody of himself!!  {#Silenced}
GAH!
 
 
How am I supposed to listen to this with headphones at work and not sing along at the top of my lungs??
 
 
{#Jump}   {#Music}  
 perrygibbs wrote:
poop

 
........... agree
This song, and in fact, this entire album, is simply EPIC, and always brings me to some level that not much else comes anywhere close to
One day sooner rather than later I'm going to put the pedal to the metal of a hot car and rip that machine down some driver's paradise highway -- say, from the junction of Rte. 147 out of North Las Vegas, up Rte. 169 along Lake Mead -- with this blasting to the max. 
OK Bill, while we're playing Brits it's high time you got into Jamie Cullum - his eclectic jazz/blues/pop blend will perfectly suit your ethos. Just seen his live gig, stupendous musician. Latest album Momentum
 Biscobret wrote What an amazing song - and LP - thebeforebefore they2 offering before ibecame too big for their britches.  A culmination of extreme talent before they exploded.  So, so good.
 
 

so sick of all the hate or rather the herd mentality that this great band did shit after Joshua Tree. Many band would sell their would to the devil to wrote sounds as gold as the ones on All that You Can Leave Behind, or How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. And Zooropa, Rattle and Him and especially Achtung Baby are all brilliant and complete artistic statements by this great band.
What an amazing song - and LP - the last U2 offering before they became too big for their britches.  A culmination of extreme talent before they exploded.  So, so good.
Continuing to give MOR a bad name for 30 yrs. Quite an achievement!
Weird, heard this 4 times today on 3 different radio stations! Have they re-released!!!  {#Dance}


U2 singer Bono arrives with his wife Ali Hewson for the funeral of Irish poet Seamus Heaney—


"Don't be afraid": Final words from Seamus Heaney


Wow. I had not heard this one in a long time. It deserves to be played loud. Such a great anthem of the 80s 
30+ years fan, but oh god this song gets harder to listen to every passing year. Leaving aside the lyrics which have merit, the rest just grates on my nerves. It has now slipped to a 3. Ho Hum. Compared to the rest of the album where the average still sits comfortably north of 9!
{#No}
poop
 scrubbrush wrote:

Still a masterpiece after all these years.

 

Yes, this a brilliant song about how labels don't matter—  it's what's inside that counts...

this is from one of the ten best albums of all time...
 

Still a masterpiece after all these years.


Wailing...dull...tired...cliché. Ok...PSD here I come.
I like some U2; have owned a few of their albums -- but none of them were ever favourites.
I've tried to like them ... but there's never a time when a U2 song comes on the radio and I'm like "Ooh!" and turn it up, or stop to pay attention ... it's more like deciding whether or not I'm going to change the station.
It's not, as someone attempted to two-dimensionally categorize the "haters'" reasoning as about big egos or whatever, it's just the constant whining and preachiness that turns me off.
One of the best music videos in my spotty memory.
 LPCity wrote:
I've tended to notice that the people that profess to love U2 tend to talk about the music and the passion that it stirs in them.
I've also tended to notice that people that profess to hate U2 tend to talk about taxes and the "huge ego" of the lead singer.
Sorry folks, music always wins that debate.     

 

Beautifully put.
 stalfnzo wrote:
Every now and then, Bill tortures me with some U2. Gratefully, I think he's playing them less and less. But still, any at all is more than enough. Lousy vocals, mediocre band.

  You are somewhere..... out there  all right.