[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]
Bob Marley — Them Belly Full (But We Hungry)
Album: Live!
Avg rating:
7.3

Your rating:
Total ratings: 1466









Released: 1975
Length: 4:25
Plays (last 30 days): 1
Them belly full, but we hungry
A hungry mob is a angry mob
A rain a-fall, but the dirt it tough
A pot a-cook, but the food no 'nough

You're gonna dance to Jah music, dance
We're gonna dance to Jah music, dance

Forget your troubles and dance!
Forget your sorrows and dance!
Forget your sickness and dance!
Forget your weakness and dance!

Cost of livin' get so high
Rich and poor, they start to cry
Now the weak must get strong
They say, "Oh, what a tribulation!"

Them belly full, but we hungry
A hungry mob is a angry mob
A fain a-fall, but the dirt it tough
A pot a-cook, but the food no 'nough

We're gonna chuck to Jah Music- chuckin'
We're chuckin' to Jah music- we're chuckin'

A belly full, but them hungry
A hungry mob is a angry mob
A rain a-fall, but the dirt it tough
A pot a-cook, but the food no 'nough

A hungry man is a angry man
A rain a-fall but the dirt it tough
A pot a-cook, but the food no 'nough
A hungry mob is a angry mob
A hungry mob is a angry mob
Comments (119)add comment
 rpdevotee wrote:
Ummm...Bill...

The last couple hours have been very old playlists (in the same order) from, like,10 years ago 
 SO??What's your point.

Beware the hangry mob
 SquiddlyDiddly wrote:

A post so full of all kinds of wrong, I don't know where to begin.
 
It's good you began.....by commenting. It's a start...
 Shaijadina wrote:
there's no better music for dancing than reggae
 

Salsa.  (But I do love this song.)
 Shaijadina wrote:
there's no better music for dancing than reggae
 
MOVING  YEP  MOVING!!!
there's no better music for dancing than reggae
DaReal church Musac ><)))))>

Thanks and praises R.P 
Great Sunday tune
Bless

ALL Rastas of RP unite
 bitbanger wrote:

an ad holmium argument

Spot_69 wrote:

Geez, I really hate arguments based on a rare-earth, trivalent element found in gadolinite. When will people learn?

This songs rocks, reggae is good for both the soul and the ears, and Bob Marley was an amazing human being.

 
That's funny, Spot_69....at least we know YOU know what HO is ;-)

I've got this track rated at 8, would have loved to attended the concert although I wasn't even conceived yet.  I say Long Live RP!!

Nice segue! I thought that might be a lost skill....

Bob Marley is a most loved and is the most well known Reggae artist, but there are other reggae artists that warrant a play on RP too!
Let's have some reggae diversity please
A hungry mob is an angry mob. Witness dinnertime at my house.
Ummm...Bill...

The last couple hours have been very old playlists (in the same order) from, like,10 years ago 
{#Lol}

Geez, I really hate arguments based on a rare-earth, trivalent element found in gadolinite. When will people learn?

This songs rocks, reggae is good for both the soul and the ears, and Bob Marley was an amazing human being.

 


 bitbanger wrote:

an ad holmium argument

 
Geez, I really hate arguments based on a rare-earth, trivalent element found in gadolinite. When will people learn?

This songs rocks, reggae is good for both the soul and the ears, and Bob Marley was an amazing human being.


A hungry mob grateful to them belly full.

Making a lot of assumptions to support an ad holmium argument. Typical I guess.

 

 

lissen wrote:

You would have to go inward to learn about humanity, and visit Jamaica to see what Marley did with his money to appreciate what poverty really means.  That is, if you actually would give it all up to learn.  Not sure that your detached innocence would allow for that.  Mantras most often use a monotone while paving the way to knowledge.  Voting for Trump?

 
bitbanger wrote:


SquiddlyDiddly wrote:


A post so full of all kinds of wrong, I don't know where to begin.

Dude, really!

    1. Marley was one very rich guy. Much richer than I will likely ever be by an order of magnitude or two.

    2. Many of his tunes are about poverty and how the poor, down trodden, and etc. need to rise up against all those bad people.

    3. Most reggae tunes use pretty much the same cord progression and beat.

    4. If I'm going to be insulted I prefer to be entertained.

 

Did I say anything that wasn't true? Please find a place to begin and do be succinct.



 
 


You would have to go inward to learn about humanity, and visit Jamaica to see what Marley did with his money to appreciate what poverty really means.  That is, if you actually would give it all up to learn.  Not sure that your detached innocence would allow for that.  Mantras most often use a monotone while paving the way to knowledge.  Voting for Trump?

 
bitbanger wrote:


SquiddlyDiddly wrote:


A post so full of all kinds of wrong, I don't know where to begin.

Dude, really!

    1. Marley was one very rich guy. Much richer than I will likely ever be by an order of magnitude or two.

    2. Many of his tunes are about poverty and how the poor, down trodden, and etc. need to rise up against all those bad people.

    3. Most reggae tunes use pretty much the same cord progression and beat.

    4. If I'm going to be insulted I prefer to be entertained.

 

Did I say anything that wasn't true? Please find a place to begin and do be succinct.



 


SquiddlyDiddly wrote:


A post so full of all kinds of wrong, I don't know where to begin.

Dude, really!

    1. Marley was one very rich guy. Much richer than I will likely ever be by an order of magnitude or two.

    2. Many of his tunes are about poverty and how the poor, down trodden, and etc. need to rise up against all those bad people.

    3. Most reggae tunes use pretty much the same cord progression and beat.

    4. If I'm going to be insulted I prefer to be entertained.

 

Did I say anything that wasn't true? Please find a place to begin and do be succinct.


 bitbanger wrote:
If the rich are going to lecture the rest of us about poverty perhaps they could vary the beat and chord progression some. Boredom with insults is a poor combination.
 
A post so full of all kinds of wrong, I don't know where to begin.
If the rich are going to lecture the rest of us about poverty perhaps they could vary the beat and chord progression some. Boredom with insults is a poor combination.
This song makes me hangry
 oldsaxon wrote:

A hungry man is an angry man...a hungry mob is an angry mob...yeah...that's not worth listening to.

 
British sign: "Keep Calm and Don't Be Hangry"
The fidelity of this recording is stunning.  The music is truly great, too.
 oldsaxon wrote:

A hungry man is an angry man...a hungry mob is an angry mob...yeah...that's not worth listening to.

 
And why not? Painfully obvious though it is, no one should be surprised that some folks just don't get the angry man/mob message, or they don't much fucking care. In which case, play, sing, repeat. 
 +1

chrispmcd wrote:
some artists are above judgement

 


Won't you help to sing
These songs of boredom? -
Musically not Bob's best, but lyrically it is pretty powerful stuff!
 oldsaxon wrote:

A hungry man is an angry man...a hungry mob is an angry mob...yeah...that's not worth listening to.

 
Marley as the Master of the Obvious! Gets a yawn at best.
 ziakut wrote:
OMG! Aren't we over this Bob Marley thing? A little goes a long way, folks. Two minutes a month should be the regimen.

 
A hungry man is an angry man...a hungry mob is an angry mob...yeah...that's not worth listening to.
OMG! Aren't we over this Bob Marley thing? A little goes a long way, folks. Two minutes a month should be the regimen.
 kellbean623 wrote:
I just don't get Bob.....every song sounds the same to me, and goes on and on

 
Hello KellBean,

Listen to the poetry! And yes, Reggae, like Blues, Rock, Swing (most forms of music) has a similar groove, time signature, style. You might love it (as I do) or not care for it all. BUT with Bob Marley it is all in the poetry: social justice, deep spirit, questions for humanity, and well Jah LOVE.

Happy listening to it all.

Magikal1act

Here is one of my favorites: 

Redemption Song ~ 1979

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our mind.
Wo! Have no fear for atomic energy,
'Cause none of them-a can-a stop-a the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look?
Yes, some say it's just a part of it:
We've got to fulfill the book.
Won't you help to sing
These songs of freedom? -
'Cause all I ever had:
Redemption songs -
All I ever had:
Redemption songs:
These songs of freedom,
Songs of freedom 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redemption_Song 
I just don't get Bob.....every song sounds the same to me, and goes on and on
Brilliant follow on Midnight Oil's Beds are Burning.  
them belly full but we hungry
a hungry mob is a angry mob
a rain a fall but the dirt it tough
a pot a cook but the food no 'nough
This post apparently contained an image that was dragged into the post editor. Sorry, but any text contained in the post after this point has been lost.
I'll never forget you, Aloysius Barkley...
HP/MP RestoredBut You're Still Hungry!
Even hunger can inspire the true geniuses to great songs like this one. I suggest Stay Hungry by Talking Heads as the next song.
 scrubbrush wrote:

Is everyone not hearing what I'm not hearing?

I'm getting no audio right now, even though Winamp seems to think RP is playing...

what's going on?
 
Take a look at this thread:

https://www.radioparadise.com/#name=Forums&file=showtopic&topic_id=23031&x=3381712

Where Bill notes:
Still not quite sure what happened there. Some kind of glitch in our playlist database.
Likely the issue returned. As tech support I can assure you that large volumes of email to Bill won't speed fixes up. I'm sure RP is *very* interested in resolving this, and are doing all they can to figure it out.
I hear dogs barking in the neighborhood! I miss RP already. 
Whoops. Someone broke RP again. Emoticon
 nmcvaugh wrote:
Shhh - listen! Do you hear that? Me neither. It's quiet. Too quiet.
 
Is everyone not hearing what I'm not hearing?

I'm getting no audio right now, even though Winamp seems to think RP is playing...

what's going on?
 nmcvaugh wrote:
Shhh - listen! Do you hear that? It's quiet. Too quiet.
 

Hear that?  That's the sound of children not playing at the old merry go round abandoned lo these many years ago. - Kent Brockman
here we go again.  
Shhh - listen! Do you hear that? Me neither. It's quiet. Too quiet.
I AM SO SICK OF REGGAE MUSIC!!! I used to love it and thought it sounded so other worldly...but it just wears so thin now. I like most of the messages that are sung, but I just am so sick of the elements.
 DaMoGan wrote:

Yet another strong set from Bill -n- 'Becca.  (Rebbecca never gets her due here — maybe she should start DJing a bit!) {#Motor}
 
. . . Maybe she does already. . . 

Yet another strong set from Bill -n- 'Becca.  (Rebbecca never gets her due here — maybe she should start DJing a bit!) {#Motor}
 mcYammer wrote:
...and your approach is reproach for the sufferers...
 Quite the contrary, please allow the favor of reviewing the original post.

Fantastic sequence, Bill!  Who -> Midnight Oil -> Bob....  Flawless blending.  As if they were meant to be together.


I love 'off Marley' ....LOVE IT
To much political discussion here, i want to hear nice music, or not!?
 Paul_in_Australia wrote:
I have always wanted to use the "FACT" label that internet flamers use to 'add weight' to their idiosyncratic subjective opinions. So here goes. FACT #1 The last time there was a King AND Queen of England < assuming that the implication is that we are talking about the British Royal Family > was 1952. FACT #2 Bob Marley was seven years old in 1952 FACT #3 Construction of terminals at Heathrow Airport began in 1951, and probably would not have been finished by February 1952, when King George VI died. FACT #4 The King and Queen were well known for their appreciation of Dennis Brown, and always felt that the plaudits showered on the young Marley were an affront to the more talented Dennis Brown. It is unlikely they would have asked to see the seven year old Marley for this reason. FACT #5 There is a special offer available to all Americans; you can rent airspace over Heathrow Airport! Yes, for only US$10,000 a year you can own one cubic meter of space of the flightpath into and out of the World's busiest airport! Even better than that, you can levy charges on all aircraft movements through 'your' airspace! Be wildly rich! Absolutely no risk! Simply mail a check for $10,000 ( made payable to C.A.S.H. ( Civil Aviation Services Heathrow)) to me and I will send you BY RETURN the co-ordinates of your cube of airspace!
 
Too bad your facts 1 through 4 are based on a deliberate misreading of what the other poster meant...

 Businessgypsy wrote:
You figured all that out from California? As a former New Orleans resident, I can tell you that the stories of post Katrina are ... a very clear example of a large constituency who had become so dependent for generations on Government aid for food, housing and healthcare that they had lost the ability and will to do anything for themselves, including leaving town when there was time and transportation to do so. New Orleans was one of the few cities in the country with this kind of dynastic Governmental welfare state policy.

Therein lies the danger of a Government who wants to do everything for the people and remove personal responsibility. When people don't have the need to function for survival, they are toast when Government can't or won't react. ...


Not a fan of this preachy, violence oriented song. Yeah, I have a clue, just differ in my approach to affecting change.

 
...and your approach is reproach for the sufferers, regardless of the source of their suffering, either because of government policy or individual shortcoming...
I think Bob is not endorsing violence, but predicting and bemoaning it when hunger and suffering occur


andrewimft wrote:
...During Katrina, the poor were left hungry to die for days...
You figured all that out from California? As a former New Orleans resident, I can tell you that the stories of post Katrina are individual stories. One size does not fit all, and the heroism of volunteers and the armed forces saved many that would not (and in a few cases could not) leave - putting the lie to your statement. I was turned away with a shallow water boat and cases of water when offering to help with relief days after the flood (I was allowed to leave the water). Too big a risk from death due to gunfire from those we sought to help, I was told. I was willing and legally armed, so maybe that was a mistake. If however, you are referring to the masses involved in the Superdome and Convention Center debacles, that was a very clear example of a large constituency who had become so dependent for generations on Government aid for food, housing and healthcare that they had lost the ability and will to do anything for themselves, including leaving town when there was time and transportation to do so. New Orleans was one of the few cities in the country with this kind of dynastic Governmental welfare state policy.

Therein lies the danger of a Government who wants to do everything for the people and remove personal responsibility. When people don't have the need to function for survival, they are toast when Government can't or won't react. The Times-Picayune had published a huge color section detailing exactly what would happen in the event of a storm surge and levee failure years before the Katrina post-storm incident. Everybody knew what could happen, some chose not to do anything about it, a few were not able to do anything about it. Blaming Government for not wiping people's butts for them is ridiculous, blaming Government for trading entitlement for votes for so long that it rendered the voters unable to wipe their own butts has merit.


Not a fan of this preachy, violence oriented song. Yeah, I have a clue, just differ in my approach to affecting change.

 fredriley wrote:

It's not that surprising, surely. Marley was a highly political man and wrote political songs designed to inspire, educate and agitate. I suspect that he would have been pleased that his songs polarised opinion and led to contention. I never got into his music much myself, but I do admire his songwriting and his very active commitment to social justice and fighting on behalf of the oppressed, from whose ranks he came.

 
Gee, those are my sentiments exactly.  

houston,

 

Say 20 gazillion Hail Marys and, no, you are not forgiven.


Here is my bad call. Last year in Negril Jamaica on B.M's birthday there were non stop concerts. THE concert featured a gaggle of his
kids but a  90min drive away. My 17yr old son was keener than keen, I was tuckered at the thought of an all-nighter and the scary
drive. (hanging head in shame) I went to bed instead. Ouch.
Hurray for a DJ that knows Bob Marley put out more than one album.
some artists are above judgement
 Hannio wrote:


An objective person would have pointed out that natural crisis first response is at a local and state level, yet I don't see you mention anything about the culpability of Kathleen Blanco and Ray Nagin, which leads me to think you are a sufferer of BDS.
 

BDS? What is that? Yes, there were many mistakes made, but when I was stealing water from a hotel swimming pool because we had nothing to drink, camping out at the national guard armory for nine days but getting no help, all I could think about was how the US had relief for the tsunami in 24 hours. New Orleans was bad, I had evacuated to Mississippi which was absolutely devastated. When state and local responders are overwhelmed or destroyed we expected more from the government.
Good music. Timely message.
Is it so wrong not to like Bob Marley?  There, I said it!
 andrewimft wrote:


Bob Marley's lyrics to this song deal with the rich getting richer and the poor poorer, but the poor get angry when they can't get their basic needs met. That's what the song is about. During Katrina, the poor were left hungry to die for days. That was a policy decision, never happened before in my lifetime in this country, ever. McCain was celebrating his birthday cake with Bush when this was going down. So Marley's song applies to what happened those days completely.

 

An objective person would have pointed out that natural crisis first response is at a local and state level, yet I don't see you mention anything about the culpability of Kathleen Blanco and Ray Nagin, which leads me to think you are a sufferer of BDS.
something is burning now and it's not beds!
 Ericac wrote:
It always surprises me how whipped up some people get when a Bob Marley song is played. I guess I'm not that deep, I really just enjoy the music.
 
Indeed, me too.  I especially like this one
Anyone knows where that guitar is now,I would love to purchase that one!Guitarist

Happy 64th Mr. Marley. 

Give Thanks and Praise!
not the best cut of this song, but another great one by BM, what a great writer, we need more writers like him today
 Ericac wrote:
It always surprises me how whipped up some people get when a Bob Marley song is played. I guess I'm not that deep, I really just enjoy the music.
 
It's not that surprising, surely. Marley was a highly political man and wrote political songs designed to inspire, educate and agitate. I suspect that he would have been pleased that his songs polarised opinion and led to contention. I never got into his music much myself, but I do admire his songwriting and his very active commitment to social justice and fighting on behalf of the oppressed, from whose ranks he came.

 Mugro wrote:

His belly full too. Your point?
 
My point:

"Cost of livin' gets so high,
Rich and poor they start to cry:
Now the weak must get strong;
They say, "Oh, what a tribulation!"
Them belly full, but we hungry;
A hungry mob is a angry mob.
A rain is fall, but the dirt it tough;
A pot is cook, but the food no 'nough.
"

Bob Marley's lyrics to this song deal with the rich getting richer and the poor poorer, but the poor get angry when they can't get their basic needs met. That's what the song is about. During Katrina, the poor were left hungry to die for days. That was a policy decision, never happened before in my lifetime in this country, ever. McCain was celebrating his birthday cake with Bush when this was going down. So Marley's song applies to what happened those days completely.

So you can say that Ted Kennedy let a woman drown 30 years ago but to compare it to thousands of people drowning, starving, and/or losing their homes due to a deliberate policy is a fascinating stretch. Because it's quite clear that we have all become expendable, and that is something that never happened before in my lifetime either.

The only apt comparison of Bush/McCain with Kennedy is that all of them are rich and well fed, while the poor go hungry. And there I would agree with you. And there Marley's song would still apply.

And the irony is that those who ignore that a hungry mob is an angry mob, well that is a very dangerous thing to ignore. Yes, it's much wiser to make sure the people are fed and can afford to buy their bread, see their doctor and live in their home, to build the levees high enough and rescue the people and feed them in a disaster. I really wouldn't want to be around when that angry mob suddenly explodes, and I don't plan to be. I'd rather be somewhere far away, listening to Bob Marley in a hammock on a sunny day sipping a nice cold ice tea or a margarita.

 andrewimft wrote:
Them belly fully, but we hungry.
A hungry man is an angry man.
 
His belly full too. Your point?



Them belly fully, but we hungry.
A hungry man is an angry man.


It always surprises me how whipped up some people get when a Bob Marley song is played. I guess I'm not that deep, I really just enjoy the music.
Paul_in_Australia wrote:
I have always wanted to use the "FACT" label that internet flamers use to 'add weight' to their idiosyncratic subjective opinions. So here goes. FACT #1 The last time there was a King AND Queen of England < assuming that the implication is that we are talking about the British Royal Family > was 1952. FACT #2 Bob Marley was seven years old in 1952 FACT #3 Construction of terminals at Heathrow Airport began in 1951, and probably would not have been finished by February 1952, when King George VI died. FACT #4 The King and Queen were well known for their appreciation of Dennis Brown, and always felt that the plaudits showered on the young Marley were an affront to the more talented Dennis Brown. It is unlikely they would have asked to see the seven year old Marley for this reason. FACT #5 There is a special offer available to all Americans; you can rent airspace over Heathrow Airport! Yes, for only US$10,000 a year you can own one cubic meter of space of the flightpath into and out of the World's busiest airport! Even better than that, you can levy charges on all aircraft movements through 'your' airspace! Be wildly rich! Absolutely no risk! Simply mail a check for $10,000 ( made payable to C.A.S.H. ( Civil Aviation Services Heathrow)) to me and I will send you BY RETURN the co-ordinates of your cube of airspace!
It's an uphill battle that you wage on the ignorant masses. Take a look at this opinion piece: (click here)
Danimal174 wrote:
... that you must do drugs to enjoy Pink Floyd, the Dead, the Doors, and Hendrix, too, right?
No, but it helps :cheesygrin:
boredatwork wrote:
may the memory of Bob live on! I remember reading a story about Bob in the Heathrow airport. The king and queen where there for some reason or another and sent an escort to invite Bob for a meeting. Upon hearing this he told the escort "Tell them they can come to me". What a man
I have always wanted to use the "FACT" label that internet flamers use to 'add weight' to their idiosyncratic subjective opinions. So here goes. FACT #1 The last time there was a King AND Queen of England < assuming that the implication is that we are talking about the British Royal Family > was 1952. FACT #2 Bob Marley was seven years old in 1952 FACT #3 Construction of terminals at Heathrow Airport began in 1951, and probably would not have been finished by February 1952, when King George VI died. FACT #4 The King and Queen were well known for their appreciation of Dennis Brown, and always felt that the plaudits showered on the young Marley were an affront to the more talented Dennis Brown. It is unlikely they would have asked to see the seven year old Marley for this reason. FACT #5 There is a special offer available to all Americans; you can rent airspace over Heathrow Airport! Yes, for only US$10,000 a year you can own one cubic meter of space of the flightpath into and out of the World's busiest airport! Even better than that, you can levy charges on all aircraft movements through 'your' airspace! Be wildly rich! Absolutely no risk! Simply mail a check for $10,000 ( made payable to C.A.S.H. ( Civil Aviation Services Heathrow)) to me and I will send you BY RETURN the co-ordinates of your cube of airspace!
Roots. Fundamental truths.
jenakle wrote:
blah blah too much praise I never needed Marley in my life I dont care HOW much you smoke pass
And I guess you think that you must do drugs to enjoy Pink Floyd, the Dead, the Doors, and Hendrix, too, right? Such a stereotypical view to think that only people that smoke weed would like Bob. While he's not my favorite artist, I really like most of what I've heard by him, along with other reggae artists, and I don't do any drugs.
Marley - groan - back to my mp3s.
This song defines the BM live experience....visceral! Only a 10 will suffice!
Marley and the Oils back to back, a perfect fit. Consciousness-raising time. Nice work, Bill!
acon234 wrote:
the version that they just played IS NOT from the "Live at the Roxy" album. Does anyone know where that one is from?
It's from "Bob Marley & The Wailers Live!" aka "Bob Marley & The Wailers Live at the Rainbow" (click here)
:cowboy:
Tusen takk Radio Paradise! :)
Bob's a god...to anyone who doesn't agree, try listening to some of the less played tracks and enlighten yourself.
Artisti come questi non c'Ú ne sono più! Never like Bob
If for no other reason, I love this for the memories (or lack of them at the time).
Hello, I came to rate it a 10 -- but I already had! :notworthy: Neil
jenakle wrote:
blah blah too much praise I never needed Marley in my life I dont care HOW much you smoke pass
Agreed
Dylan76 wrote:
Babylon By Bus
It is NOT on Babylon By Bus. Have that on vinyl, listened to it many times and this song was not on it.
acon234 wrote:
the version that they just played IS NOT from the "Live at the Roxy" album. Does anyone know where that one is from?
Babylon By Bus
The man was the best - can't get enough RP
blah blah too much praise I never needed Marley in my life I dont care HOW much you smoke pass
Marley is so good you sometimes forget how great the Wailers are. Must be one of the tightest comp-bands of all time. Realy shows on the live recordings.
10
THIS SONG IS A 10 THIS ALBUM IS A 10 If you like reggae and do not have this album, you must buy it right away!
inindian wrote:
This absolutely deserves the full banana :bananasplit: I had the pleasure of seeing Bob & The Wailers long ago as a kid. I thought it was great!!!
This song doesn't come close to getting the recognition it deserves. It's a truly great song in every respect, and one of my favorite Marley songs. If I could pull off being a reggae singer, this one would be in my repetoir.
This absolutely deserves the full banana :bananasplit: I had the pleasure of seeing Bob & The Wailers long ago as a kid. I thought it was great!!!
tony99 wrote:
Sounds like an urban myth to me ... no way would the Queen of England be that cool
Actually it's not quite accurate. Bob Marley and the Wailers were invited to play their song "Zimbabwe" at the independence ceremony when Rhodesia became Zimbabwe in 1980. Prince Charles had gone there to retrieve the British Flag. A member of the Prince's entourage came over to Bob's and said the Prince wanted to meet him, and Bob said "him want to meet me tell 'im to come here." The meeting never happened.
Thanks!! Gribnif wrote:
It's from the album simply called "Live".
acon234 wrote:
the version that they just played IS NOT from the "Live at the Roxy" album. Does anyone know where that one is from?
It's from the album simply called "Live".
the version that they just played IS NOT from the "Live at the Roxy" album. Does anyone know where that one is from?
A hungry mob is an angry mob...
A Marley classic...so sweet...again another song enlightening the world to the poor's opression.
boredatwork wrote:
may the memory of Bob live on! I remember reading a story about Bob in the Heathrow airport. The king and queen where there for some reason or another and sent an escort to invite Bob for a meeting. Upon hearing this he told the escort "Tell them they can come to me". What a man
Sounds like an urban myth to me ... no way would the Queen of England be that cool
:notworthy: :crown.gif: :notworthy:
da regga, she bore me mon....but this man a genius and transcend the genre....digme?
Ugh...there goes the ole' one-drop for yeh. :puke:
Bob & I-Threes...gets no better!
Sounds good right about now.
may the memory of Bob live on! I remember reading a story about Bob in the Heathrow airport. The king and queen where there for some reason or another and sent an escort to invite Bob for a meeting. Upon hearing this he told the escort "Tell them they can come to me". What a man
:sunny:
There are plenty of great Bob Marley songs, but this ain't one of 'em.
Originally Posted by chewie_the_wooki: who the foul which put 1 to this song ?? :evil: :evil: really a great bob's song. great respect to Mister Marley :D
Oh that would be me, and the reason being...well...coz it's sh*t! :lol: ...oh no, my mistake, I hadn't rated it yet, thanks for drawing that to my attention (!) ....there's another 1 for ya :p
who the foul which put 1 to this song ?? :evil: :evil: really a great bob\'s song. great respect to Mister Marley :D
A big Brixton up from the. . . errrr massive crew. . . or whatever. :roll: :D Bob\'s the master. . .