[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]
George Harrison — Old Brown Shoe
Album: Live In Japan
Avg rating:
6.7

Your rating:
Total ratings: 94









Released: 0
Length: 3:42
Plays (last 30 days): 0
I want a love that's right but right is only half of what's wrong.
I want a short haired girl who sometimes wears it twice as long.
Now I'm stepping out this old brown shoe, baby, I'm in love with you.
I'm so glad you came here, it won't be the same now, I'm telling you.

You know you pick me up from where some try to drag me down
And when I see your smile replace every thoughtless frown.
Got me escaping from this zoo, baby, I'm in love with you.
I'm so glad you came here, it won't be the same now when I'm with you.

If I grow up I'll be a singer wearing rings on every finger.
Not worrying what they or you say I'll live and love and maybe someday
Who knows, baby, you may comfort me.
I may appear to be imperfect, my love is something you can't reject.
I'm changing faster than the weather if you and me should get together
Who knows, baby, you may comfort me.

That love of your, to miss that love is something I'd hate.
I'll make an early start, I'm making sure that I'm not late.
For you sweet top lip I'm in the queue, baby, I'm in love with you.
I'm so glad you came here, it won't be the same now when I'm with you.
I'm so glad you came here, it won't be the same now when I'm with you.
Comments (13)add comment
:beat:
MsfStl wrote:
Yes that is Eric Clapton! (pimp)
Sounds like Eric on the guitar solo too. Just like on While My Guitar Gently Weeps.
love the song, hate the version. What about the one off the Anthology series?
kevinc wrote:
If it didn't say it was Harrison, I'd have never known it. His voice doesn't sound anything like the original, or even from the late 80's/early 90's
Me neither. In all events, cool song, GH voice not quite up to speed....
Not really inspiring, but pleasant. Some great musicians in mid-grade mode.
kinda lame
:jump: :nodhead: :jump: :guitarist:
...move along... nothing to see here.
:bounce:
Originally Posted by Antigone: I don't know if it's because I've listened to the Beatles so much, or that I have a really good ear for voices (which, I must admit I do) but I didn't have any trouble knowing it was George. And Eric in the background, right?
You've got a really good ear Antigone. :clap:
Originally Posted by Antigone: I don't know if it's because I've listened to the Beatles so much, or that I have a really good ear for voices (which, I must admit I do) but I didn't have any trouble knowing it was George. And Eric in the background, right?
Yes that is Eric Clapton! (pimp)
Originally Posted by kevinc: If it didn't say it was Harrison, I'd have never known it. His voice doesn't sound anything like the original, or even from the late 80's/early 90's
I don't know if it's because I've listened to the Beatles so much, or that I have a really good ear for voices (which, I must admit I do) but I didn't have any trouble knowing it was George. And Eric in the background, right?
If it didn\'t say it was Harrison, I\'d have never known it. His voice doesn\'t sound anything like the original, or even from the late 80\'s/early 90\'s