[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Trump - kcar - Jul 13, 2020 - 3:29am
 
COVID-19 - R_P - Jul 12, 2020 - 10:48pm
 
Joe Biden - buddy - Jul 12, 2020 - 10:02pm
 
Sound clicks on announcements - billyrom - Jul 12, 2020 - 9:08pm
 
Are they married yet? YES THEY ARE! - kcar - Jul 12, 2020 - 8:22pm
 
What Did You See Today? - Red_Dragon - Jul 12, 2020 - 5:42pm
 
Museum Of Bad Album Covers - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 12, 2020 - 2:40pm
 
Excitable Boy: Zevon biography - buddy - Jul 12, 2020 - 12:43pm
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Jul 12, 2020 - 11:08am
 
Oh, The Stupidity - buddy - Jul 12, 2020 - 9:06am
 
Caretakers Of Our Parents - oldviolin - Jul 12, 2020 - 8:42am
 
Offset between Music and Song/Interpret Text, Silence... - nicolas65 - Jul 12, 2020 - 8:29am
 
Capitalism and Consumerism... now what? - Red_Dragon - Jul 12, 2020 - 8:09am
 
Gardeners Corner - Red_Dragon - Jul 12, 2020 - 7:49am
 
The Dragons' Roost - triskele - Jul 12, 2020 - 6:58am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Jul 12, 2020 - 6:46am
 
Name My Album - Antigone - Jul 12, 2020 - 5:01am
 
And the good news is.... - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 11, 2020 - 7:32pm
 
Those Lovable Policemen - R_P - Jul 11, 2020 - 7:26pm
 
RightWingNutZ - R_P - Jul 11, 2020 - 6:25pm
 
Looting & vandalism isn't protest - R_P - Jul 11, 2020 - 3:10pm
 
Canada - R_P - Jul 11, 2020 - 1:10pm
 
New Doves album ‘The Universal Want’ coming in September - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 11, 2020 - 11:00am
 
Religion as Beer - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 11, 2020 - 10:58am
 
Things You Thought Today - sirdroseph - Jul 11, 2020 - 10:37am
 
Words that should be put on the substitutes bench for a year - Proclivities - Jul 11, 2020 - 10:23am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - miamizsun - Jul 11, 2020 - 8:06am
 
Environment - Red_Dragon - Jul 11, 2020 - 6:26am
 
RP streams in Opus - Romain98 - Jul 11, 2020 - 6:10am
 
Bad Poetry - sirdroseph - Jul 11, 2020 - 4:46am
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - whatshisname - Jul 11, 2020 - 4:39am
 
AppleTV 4K and Radio Paradise stopping - edz - Jul 10, 2020 - 10:10pm
 
Fox Spews - buddy - Jul 10, 2020 - 5:44pm
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - edz - Jul 10, 2020 - 2:45pm
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - oldviolin - Jul 10, 2020 - 2:29pm
 
Make Scott laugh - kcar - Jul 10, 2020 - 2:29pm
 
Economix - R_P - Jul 10, 2020 - 2:16pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - Red_Dragon - Jul 10, 2020 - 1:57pm
 
Country Up The Bumpkin - ptooey - Jul 10, 2020 - 1:00pm
 
South Korea - islander - Jul 10, 2020 - 12:32pm
 
New Music - miamizsun - Jul 10, 2020 - 12:18pm
 
In My Room - miamizsun - Jul 10, 2020 - 11:58am
 
What the hell OV? - miamizsun - Jul 10, 2020 - 11:54am
 
Cool Stuff I Really Want - Proclivities - Jul 10, 2020 - 10:43am
 
True Confessions - buddy - Jul 10, 2020 - 9:30am
 
Name My Band - oldviolin - Jul 10, 2020 - 9:13am
 
TV shows you watch - ScottN - Jul 10, 2020 - 8:22am
 
Constitution - Red_Dragon - Jul 10, 2020 - 7:05am
 
Race in America - sirdroseph - Jul 10, 2020 - 2:57am
 
Removing rated songs - Cache personalization - BillG - Jul 9, 2020 - 8:36pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 9, 2020 - 3:40pm
 
Social Networking - R_P - Jul 9, 2020 - 12:54pm
 
Tech & Science - R_P - Jul 9, 2020 - 12:03pm
 
One Reason I Don't Trust the Police - miamizsun - Jul 9, 2020 - 11:19am
 
RP Daily Trivia Challenge - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 9, 2020 - 10:32am
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - oldviolin - Jul 9, 2020 - 8:53am
 
Ask the Libertarian - Lazy8 - Jul 9, 2020 - 7:40am
 
Dog - kcar - Jul 8, 2020 - 11:13pm
 
Questions. - oldviolin - Jul 8, 2020 - 6:49pm
 
Sunrise, Sunset - oldviolin - Jul 8, 2020 - 4:01pm
 
what the hell, miamizsun? - oldviolin - Jul 8, 2020 - 4:00pm
 
Iran - R_P - Jul 8, 2020 - 1:31pm
 
China - R_P - Jul 8, 2020 - 11:48am
 
Happy Birthdy, Ringo Starr - norbertZ - Jul 8, 2020 - 4:07am
 
The Obituary Page - haresfur - Jul 7, 2020 - 8:16pm
 
Trump Lies - ScottN - Jul 7, 2020 - 8:00pm
 
Graphs, Charts & Maps - R_P - Jul 7, 2020 - 3:18pm
 
Things that are just WRONG - kcar - Jul 7, 2020 - 3:00pm
 
Immigration - R_P - Jul 7, 2020 - 2:28pm
 
Climate Change - R_P - Jul 7, 2020 - 11:14am
 
Baseball, anyone? - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 7, 2020 - 10:36am
 
HALF A WORLD - oldviolin - Jul 7, 2020 - 9:16am
 
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest - Red_Dragon - Jul 7, 2020 - 9:03am
 
2020 Elections - KarmaKarma - Jul 7, 2020 - 7:47am
 
Sweet horrible irony. - kcar - Jul 6, 2020 - 9:36pm
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » Trump Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 865, 866, 867  Next
Post to this Topic
kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Jul 13, 2020 - 3:29am

"It's very wrong, it's very unfair..."

Trump on private border wall segment: ‘It was only done to make me look bad’

A report indicated a section of the wall is already displaying structural troubles.


Saying it was done to embarrass him, President Donald Trump on Sunday said a reportedly defective section of his new border wall should not have been built by a private company.

ProPublica and the Texas Tribune reported Thursday that a segment of the wall along the Texas-Mexico border was showing dangerous “signs of erosion“ only months after being completed. The section was constructed by Fisher Industries of North Dakota, whose owner called the design a “Lamborghini.” It cost $42 million.



whatshisname

whatshisname Avatar

Location: West OZ


Posted: Jul 13, 2020 - 3:17am



 R_P wrote:
 mobster wrote:
The rest of the world ain't laughing at him when he makes them start paying their fair share for their own defenses ...
 
"Protection" money...

 Yea that's right,  after those countries have been coerced into forking out buckets of money on USA made armaments . Big bucks boys, lots of nice comfy profits there, but lets not let that fact shadow our chat eh?


R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jul 13, 2020 - 2:00am

 mobster wrote:
The rest of the world ain't laughing at him when he makes them start paying their fair share for their own defenses ...
 
"Protection" money...
kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Jul 13, 2020 - 12:40am



 kurtster wrote:

Maybe in your world, but not in the monolithic "Trumpworld©" as you put it ...

The rest of the world ain't laughing at him when he makes them start paying their fair share for their own defenses ...

Well maybe China is laughing its ass off having gotten away with disrupting the entire world and ruining the world economy, not to mention the loss of life.
 

I can't speak to how many supporters Trump remain loyal to him, or how they view his handling of the pandemic, the economic downturn and the BLM protests. But Trump has failed at all three and quite badly. 

If you want to post about other things—investigations into the Bidens and their dealings with Ukraine, damage during the BLM protests, "Obamagate"—have at it. To me, those are distractions. Right now I keep seeing this in my head:





I just don't want to get crushed by Trump's failures. 
haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 12, 2020 - 11:46pm



 kurtster wrote:

I found no humor.  Intended or accidental.  He said it bothered him, enough to speak up about it.

Sometimes the simple pettiness of some people gets under one's skin.
  With all the stuff going on, this is what the focus is on from across the world ?
 
I agree. The pettiness gets under your skin. This is just another example of trump's pettiness, like insisting his name was on US government's stimulus cheques. Like insisting that US was first in the name for the re-branded NAFTA. A deal breaker for him, but not for more mature leaders. Like being bent out of shape that his inauguration crowds were a fraction of Obama's. Etc. etc. etc. The world deserves better than the US president.

kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: drifting
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 12, 2020 - 11:40pm

 kcar wrote:


 Trump is a foul joke and he's made the US the laughingstock of the world. 
 
Maybe in your world, but not in the monolithic "Trumpworld©" as you put it ...

The rest of the world ain't laughing at him when he makes them start paying their fair share for their own defenses ...

Well maybe China is laughing its ass off having gotten away with disrupting the entire world and ruining the world economy, not to mention the loss of life.
kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Jul 12, 2020 - 11:31pm



kcar wrote:
And FWIW I respect the opinions of haresfur, regardless of where he lives. 


 kurtster wrote:

Only because you agree with each other.

He's entitled to his opinion just as much as anyone else is, but that does not mean he is above any criticism over it, regardless of where he lives or who he is. 

Or do you disagree with me on that ?
 

"Only because you agree with each other."


I respect the opinions of people who've taken the time to read up on a subject and can back up their opinions with evidence.  Even if they disagree with me. 

haresfur is not above criticism. No one said that he is. 

He has a right to carp about the presidential seal on Trump's mask, regardless of his nationality. If his complaint bothers you, you have the right to complain. The rest of us have a right to jump into the discussion. 

The coronavirus is a not a Chinese virus or "Kung flu" or whatever Trump tries to call it. SARS-CoV-2 could have jumped from bats to humans in any country. Most countries have shown that they were ill-prepared for such a viral pandemic, which means that Covid19 could have spread from almost any country to many countries. The US has "wet markets" too and they have been shown to have viral outbreaks. (See "Lessons From US live-poultry markets" section of the page I linked to at the left.)


https://thehill.com/changing-america/enrichment/arts-culture/494004-celeb-activists-call-for-america-to-close-live

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ny-california-call-for-ban-wet-markets-in-states-amid-coronavirus


So you can blame China "and how they are responsible for f*cking the entire world over with their virus" as you put it but you'd be missing much of the story. China in my opinion should have been much more forthcoming with information at the beginning of the outbreak. But the US, even at the upper levels of the federal government, has known for many years that it was not prepared for a viral pandemic...and still we got hammered.  

And that presidential seal on Trump's mask? It's an ironic symbol of how incompetent, deluded and UNPRESIDENTIAL Trump is. You can blame China, sure, but Trump's denial of reality and his failure to lead the country, develop plans for treatment and distribution of resources and his refusal to shore up the economy have made things far worse in the US than they should be. 

That's why the seal on the mask is so grating. Trump is a foul joke and he's made the US the laughingstock of the world. 
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: drifting
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 12, 2020 - 11:27pm

 buddy wrote:

Come on, man, have a sense of humor once in a while.

 
I found no humor.  Intended or accidental.  He said it bothered him, enough to speak up about it.

Sometimes the simple pettiness of some people gets under one's skin.  With all the stuff going on, this is what the focus is on from across the world ?
buddy

buddy Avatar

Location: Rocky Mountains
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 12, 2020 - 10:05pm



 kurtster wrote:

If you were an American, I might consider your point.

Maybe you were once, but not anymore.  

Now you're bitching about the mask itself.  Small thing, get over it.

Be happy he is wearing a mask.  Is that too much to ask ?

There are much bigger things to worry about.
 
Come on, man, have a sense of humor once in a while.

Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 12, 2020 - 9:17pm



 haresfur wrote:


I will give trump credit for understanding branding better than anyone else in politics including the Australian prime minister #ScottyFromMarketing. 

 

I think it’s not as much that he recognizes it as branding, and just wants to see his name on everything. Steaks, university, etc. Now matter how shitty it is, it’s a statement that he’s wealthy and a “businessman.” Except that he’s a really poor businessman, based on precedent. And, as America faces significant challenges - he’s done nothing of substance that shows his business acumen except insult previous deals and renege on them unilaterally, leaving our neighbors in the lurch because of his caprice.
haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 12, 2020 - 8:59pm



 kurtster wrote:

Only because you agree with each other.

He's entitled to his opinion just as much as anyone else is, but that does not mean he is above any criticism over it, regardless of where he lives or who he is. 

Or do you disagree with me on that ?
 
That's funny, you agreed with my assessment that it is a small thing. 

I will give trump credit for understanding branding better than anyone else in politics including the Australian prime minister #ScottyFromMarketing. 

Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 12, 2020 - 8:48pm



 kcar wrote:

 


 



And FWIW I respect the opinions of haresfur, regardless of where he lives. 
 

Not allowed. Foreigners and all that. #MAGA!
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: drifting
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 12, 2020 - 8:46pm

 kcar wrote:

And FWIW I respect the opinions of haresfur, regardless of where he lives. 
 
Only because you agree with each other.

He's entitled to his opinion just as much as anyone else is, but that does not mean he is above any criticism over it, regardless of where he lives or who he is. 

Or do you disagree with me on that ?
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: drifting
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 12, 2020 - 8:33pm

 haresfur wrote:


 kurtster wrote:

If you were an American, I might consider your point.

Maybe you were once, but not anymore.  

Now you're bitching about the mask itself.  Small thing, get over it.

Be happy he is wearing a mask.  Is that too much to ask ?

There are much bigger things to worry about.
 

You don't know shit about me.

And perspective. Yeah, America is still a powerful enough country that what happens in the US affects the whole world. Get over it.

A little symbol on a mask is enough to turn your world upside down, eh ?  It affects the whole wide world, eh ?

You bitch because he doesn't wear a mask and now that he does, you're bitching about the mask itself.

You're just bitching because you like to hear yourself bitching.  Why else would you get all roiled up enough to even mention something as trivial as this ?

Why don't you start bitching about China and how they are responsible for fucking the entire world over with their virus ?  How they are now trying to fuck over your country because your government has the nerve to stand up against them ?

No, a little symbol on a mask is more important to you.  That is what I know about you.


kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Jul 12, 2020 - 8:17pm



 Steely_D wrote:


 Red_Dragon wrote:


 haresfur wrote:

For some reason his embroidering the presidential seal on it really grates on me. Small thing, but ...


 

Because he has profaned the office?
 


 

Ditto. I think it grates on a lot of other Americans. 

And FWIW I respect the opinions of haresfur, regardless of where he lives. 
haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 12, 2020 - 7:38pm



 kurtster wrote:

If you were an American, I might consider your point.

Maybe you were once, but not anymore.  

Now you're bitching about the mask itself.  Small thing, get over it.

Be happy he is wearing a mask.  Is that too much to ask ?

There are much bigger things to worry about.
 

You don't know shit about me.

And perspective. Yeah, America is still a powerful enough country that what happens in the US affects the whole world. Get over it.
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 12, 2020 - 7:28pm



 Red_Dragon wrote:


 haresfur wrote:

For some reason his embroidering the presidential seal on it really grates on me. Small thing, but ...


 

Because he has profaned the office?
 


kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: drifting
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 12, 2020 - 6:33pm

 haresfur wrote:


 buddy wrote:


The Lonely Ranger
 
For some reason his embroidering the presidential seal on it really grates on me. Small thing, but ...
 
If you were an American, I might consider your point.

Maybe you were once, but not anymore.  

Now you're bitching about the mask itself.  Small thing, get over it.

Be happy he is wearing a mask.  Is that too much to ask ?

There are much bigger things to worry about.
buddy

buddy Avatar

Location: Rocky Mountains
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 12, 2020 - 5:50pm



 haresfur wrote:


 buddy wrote:


The Lonely Ranger
 
For some reason his embroidering the presidential seal on it really grates on me. Small thing, but ...


 
At least its not "Trump-Pence" or "MAGA".

Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Jul 12, 2020 - 5:24pm



 haresfur wrote:

For some reason his embroidering the presidential seal on it really grates on me. Small thing, but ...


 

Because he has profaned the office?
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 865, 866, 867  Next