[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Paris Olympics - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jul 25, 2024 - 12:26pm
 
Trump - VV - Jul 25, 2024 - 12:18pm
 
Photos you have taken of your walks or hikes. - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jul 25, 2024 - 11:56am
 
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jul 25, 2024 - 11:50am
 
Things that piss me off - Isabeau - Jul 25, 2024 - 11:41am
 
USA! USA! USA! - R_P - Jul 25, 2024 - 10:48am
 
Israel - R_P - Jul 25, 2024 - 10:27am
 
What inspires you? - Isabeau - Jul 25, 2024 - 10:25am
 
As California Goes, So Goes The Rest Of The Country - black321 - Jul 25, 2024 - 9:51am
 
The War On You - Isabeau - Jul 25, 2024 - 9:31am
 
J.D. Vance - rgio - Jul 25, 2024 - 9:30am
 
Joe Biden - Isabeau - Jul 25, 2024 - 9:29am
 
Name My Band - Isabeau - Jul 25, 2024 - 9:22am
 
Neoliberalism: what exactly is it? - Red_Dragon - Jul 25, 2024 - 9:03am
 
The Obituary Page - Antigone - Jul 25, 2024 - 8:43am
 
Yellowstone is in Wyoming Meetup • Aug. 11 2007 • YEA... - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 25, 2024 - 8:28am
 
NYTimes Connections - Bill_J - Jul 25, 2024 - 8:13am
 
Get the Quote - black321 - Jul 25, 2024 - 8:06am
 
NY Times Strands - Bill_J - Jul 25, 2024 - 7:55am
 
Wordle - daily game - rgio - Jul 25, 2024 - 7:06am
 
Today in History - DaveInSaoMiguel - Jul 25, 2024 - 6:44am
 
Rhetorical questions - oldviolin - Jul 25, 2024 - 6:36am
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - oldviolin - Jul 25, 2024 - 6:30am
 
Message To Lucky - oldviolin - Jul 25, 2024 - 6:22am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - GeneP59 - Jul 25, 2024 - 6:11am
 
SCOTUS - Red_Dragon - Jul 24, 2024 - 7:56pm
 
2024 Elections! - black321 - Jul 24, 2024 - 5:56pm
 
Song from the TV series - Steely_D - Jul 24, 2024 - 3:49pm
 
songs that ROCK! - thisbody - Jul 24, 2024 - 10:17am
 
Lyrics that are stuck in your head today... - thisbody - Jul 24, 2024 - 9:39am
 
Song stuck in your head? - thisbody - Jul 24, 2024 - 9:29am
 
Play the Blues - thisbody - Jul 24, 2024 - 9:24am
 
Songs with a Groove - thisbody - Jul 24, 2024 - 9:04am
 
Climate Change - R_P - Jul 24, 2024 - 8:54am
 
Things You Thought Today - Proclivities - Jul 24, 2024 - 8:30am
 
RightWingNutZ - Steely_D - Jul 24, 2024 - 8:21am
 
favorite love songs - thisbody - Jul 24, 2024 - 8:21am
 
Jam! (why should a song stop) - thisbody - Jul 24, 2024 - 7:49am
 
Song of the Day - thisbody - Jul 24, 2024 - 7:35am
 
What the hell OV? - oldviolin - Jul 24, 2024 - 7:04am
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Jul 24, 2024 - 6:43am
 
Amazing animals! - thisbody - Jul 24, 2024 - 12:47am
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Jul 23, 2024 - 11:18pm
 
Kamala Harris - haresfur - Jul 23, 2024 - 8:38pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 23, 2024 - 7:34pm
 
Musky Mythology - R_P - Jul 23, 2024 - 5:32pm
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - Antigone - Jul 23, 2024 - 3:28pm
 
Animal Resistance - R_P - Jul 23, 2024 - 1:54pm
 
Race in America - R_P - Jul 23, 2024 - 12:15pm
 
What Makes You Laugh? - geoff_morphini - Jul 23, 2024 - 11:42am
 
New Music - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 23, 2024 - 11:00am
 
Poetry Forum - Isabeau - Jul 23, 2024 - 8:18am
 
Sampled - R_P - Jul 22, 2024 - 6:51pm
 
Live Music - thisbody - Jul 22, 2024 - 4:29pm
 
July 2024 Photo Theme - Summer - fractalv - Jul 22, 2024 - 4:23pm
 
• • • What Makes You Happy? • • •  - thisbody - Jul 22, 2024 - 4:04pm
 
Kamala Harris - kurtster - Jul 22, 2024 - 4:02pm
 
Europe - thisbody - Jul 22, 2024 - 3:48pm
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - thisbody - Jul 22, 2024 - 3:05pm
 
Got my Goat - thisbody - Jul 22, 2024 - 3:02pm
 
Best wishes - thisbody - Jul 22, 2024 - 2:20pm
 
What makes you smile? - oldviolin - Jul 22, 2024 - 12:26pm
 
Jon Stewart interview - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 21, 2024 - 3:08pm
 
Acoustic Guitar - oldviolin - Jul 21, 2024 - 1:44pm
 
Gardeners Photos - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 21, 2024 - 7:39am
 
What Are You Going To Do Today? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 21, 2024 - 7:36am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - Johns2 - Jul 20, 2024 - 10:00pm
 
The Human Condition - oldviolin - Jul 20, 2024 - 7:44pm
 
Banksy! - R_P - Jul 20, 2024 - 5:16pm
 
Republican Party - thisbody - Jul 20, 2024 - 3:58pm
 
Project 2025 - Isabeau - Jul 20, 2024 - 11:45am
 
COVID-19 - Isabeau - Jul 20, 2024 - 6:40am
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - Steely_D - Jul 19, 2024 - 8:42pm
 
The Republican Convention - Red_Dragon - Jul 19, 2024 - 6:37pm
 
Russia - R_P - Jul 19, 2024 - 2:49pm
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » American History Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post to this Topic
Isabeau

Isabeau Avatar

Location: sou' tex
Gender: Female


Posted: Feb 7, 2023 - 3:02pm

 KurtfromLaQuinta wrote:
I prefer older women.
That's why I married Debbie almost 47 years ago.
She's a month and a half older than me.  




47 years.   
Now that's some History!
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 6, 2023 - 9:52pm

 Isabeau wrote:

Well aside from our currency ... there's this:

“In all your Amours you should prefer old Women to young ones. You call this a Paradox, and demand my Reasons. They are these: 1. Because as they have more Knowledge of the World and their Minds are better stor’d with Observations, their Conversation is more improving and more lastingly agreable. 2. Because when Women cease to be handsome, they study to be good. To maintain their Influence over Men, they supply the Diminution of Beauty by an Augmentation of Utility. They learn to do a 1000 Services small and great, and are the most tender and useful of all Friends when you are sick. Thus they continue amiable. And hence there is hardly such a thing to be found as an old Woman who is not a good Woman. 3. Because there is no hazard of Children, which irregularly produc’d may be attended with much Inconvenience. 4. Because thro’ more Experience, they are more prudent and discreet in conducting an Intrigue to prevent Suspicion. The Commerce with them is therefore safer with regard to your Reputation. And with regard to theirs, if the Affair should happen to be known, considerate People might be rather inclin’d to excuse an old Woman who would kindly take care of a young Man, form his Manners by her good Counsels, and prevent his ruining his Health and Fortune among mercenary Prostitutes. 5. Because in every Animal that walks upright, the Deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part: The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever: So that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement. 6. Because the Sin is less. The debauching a Virgin may be her Ruin, and make her for Life unhappy. 7. Because the Compunction is less. The having made a young Girl miserable may give you frequent bitter Reflections; none of which can attend the making an old Woman happy. 8thly and Lastly They are so grateful!!”

― Benjamin Franklin
_________________________________________________________________________ P.S. That basket thang can go both ways.  

 
You are indeed a wise woman.  I've seen this before, a long, long time ago and to see it again makes me smile and think of this song from a long, long time ago.

.
KurtfromLaQuinta

KurtfromLaQuinta Avatar

Location: Really deep in the heart of South California
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 6, 2023 - 4:46pm

 Isabeau wrote:

Well aside from our currency ... there's this:

“In all your Amours you should prefer old Women to young ones. You call this a Paradox, and demand my Reasons. They are these:

1. Because as they have more Knowledge of the World and their Minds are better stor’d with Observations, their Conversation is more improving and more lastingly agreable.

2. Because when Women cease to be handsome, they study to be good. To maintain their Influence over Men, they supply the Diminution of Beauty by an Augmentation of Utility. They learn to do a 1000 Services small and great, and are the most tender and useful of all Friends when you are sick. Thus they continue amiable. And hence there is hardly such a thing to be found as an old Woman who is not a good Woman.

3. Because there is no hazard of Children, which irregularly produc’d may be attended with much Inconvenience.

4. Because thro’ more Experience, they are more prudent and discreet in conducting an Intrigue to prevent Suspicion. The Commerce with them is therefore safer with regard to your Reputation. And with regard to theirs, if the Affair should happen to be known, considerate People might be rather inclin’d to excuse an old Woman who would kindly take care of a young Man, form his Manners by her good Counsels, and prevent his ruining his Health and Fortune among mercenary Prostitutes.

5. Because in every Animal that walks upright, the Deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part: The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever: So that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement.

6. Because the Sin is less. The debauching a Virgin may be her Ruin, and make her for Life unhappy.

7. Because the Compunction is less. The having made a young Girl miserable may give you frequent bitter Reflections; none of which can attend the making an old Woman happy.

8thly and Lastly They are so grateful!!”

― Benjamin Franklin
_________________________________________________________________________

P.S. That basket thang can go both ways. 
 


I prefer older women.
That's why I married Debbie almost 47 years ago.
She's a month and a half older than me.  

Isabeau

Isabeau Avatar

Location: sou' tex
Gender: Female


Posted: Feb 6, 2023 - 4:36pm

 oldviolin wrote:
An inarguable list...
{#Wink}

Indeed, sir. 
Your basket or mine?  
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 6, 2023 - 3:22pm

 Isabeau wrote:
 oldviolin wrote:

{#Eek}

Well aside from our currency ... there's this:

“In all your Amours you should prefer old Women to young ones. You call this a Paradox, and demand my Reasons. They are these: 1. Because as they have more Knowledge of the World and their Minds are better stor’d with Observations, their Conversation is more improving and more lastingly agreable. 2. Because when Women cease to be handsome, they study to be good. To maintain their Influence over Men, they supply the Diminution of Beauty by an Augmentation of Utility. They learn to do a 1000 Services small and great, and are the most tender and useful of all Friends when you are sick. Thus they continue amiable. And hence there is hardly such a thing to be found as an old Woman who is not a good Woman. 3. Because there is no hazard of Children, which irregularly produc’d may be attended with much Inconvenience. 4. Because thro’ more Experience, they are more prudent and discreet in conducting an Intrigue to prevent Suspicion. The Commerce with them is therefore safer with regard to your Reputation. And with regard to theirs, if the Affair should happen to be known, considerate People might be rather inclin’d to excuse an old Woman who would kindly take care of a young Man, form his Manners by her good Counsels, and prevent his ruining his Health and Fortune among mercenary Prostitutes. 5. Because in every Animal that walks upright, the Deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part: The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever: So that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement. 6. Because the Sin is less. The debauching a Virgin may be her Ruin, and make her for Life unhappy. 7. Because the Compunction is less. The having made a young Girl miserable may give you frequent bitter Reflections; none of which can attend the making an old Woman happy. 8thly and Lastly They are so grateful!!”

― Benjamin Franklin
_________________________________________________________________________ P.S. That basket thang can go both ways.  

 
An inarguable list...{#Wink}
Isabeau

Isabeau Avatar

Location: sou' tex
Gender: Female


Posted: Feb 6, 2023 - 3:05pm

 oldviolin wrote:

{#Eek}

Well aside from our currency ... there's this:

“In all your Amours you should prefer old Women to young ones. You call this a Paradox, and demand my Reasons. They are these:

1. Because as they have more Knowledge of the World and their Minds are better stor’d with Observations, their Conversation is more improving and more lastingly agreable.

2. Because when Women cease to be handsome, they study to be good. To maintain their Influence over Men, they supply the Diminution of Beauty by an Augmentation of Utility. They learn to do a 1000 Services small and great, and are the most tender and useful of all Friends when you are sick. Thus they continue amiable. And hence there is hardly such a thing to be found as an old Woman who is not a good Woman.

3. Because there is no hazard of Children, which irregularly produc’d may be attended with much Inconvenience.

4. Because thro’ more Experience, they are more prudent and discreet in conducting an Intrigue to prevent Suspicion. The Commerce with them is therefore safer with regard to your Reputation. And with regard to theirs, if the Affair should happen to be known, considerate People might be rather inclin’d to excuse an old Woman who would kindly take care of a young Man, form his Manners by her good Counsels, and prevent his ruining his Health and Fortune among mercenary Prostitutes.

5. Because in every Animal that walks upright, the Deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part: The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever: So that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement.

6. Because the Sin is less. The debauching a Virgin may be her Ruin, and make her for Life unhappy.

7. Because the Compunction is less. The having made a young Girl miserable may give you frequent bitter Reflections; none of which can attend the making an old Woman happy.

8thly and Lastly They are so grateful!!”

― Benjamin Franklin
_________________________________________________________________________

P.S. That basket thang can go both ways.  


oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 6, 2023 - 2:55pm

 Isabeau wrote:
 miamizsun wrote:

ben franklinstein! looks like he didn't rest on his bum much
cool story...
kite and key is well done too


 

Intelligence and wit is ALWAYS sexy. Without teeth and balding, the man practically slept with a third of the French Court in the late 18th century.  These days, we still enjoy holding a Benjamin.
 
{#Eek}
Isabeau

Isabeau Avatar

Location: sou' tex
Gender: Female


Posted: Feb 6, 2023 - 2:52pm

 miamizsun wrote:

ben franklinstein! looks like he didn't rest on his bum much
cool story...
kite and key is well done too




Intelligence and wit is ALWAYS sexy. Without teeth and balding, the man practically slept with a third of the French Court in the late 18th century.  These days, we still enjoy holding a Benjamin. 


rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 3, 2023 - 6:12am

 miamizsun wrote:

ben franklinstein! looks like he didn't rest on his bum much
cool story...
kite and key is well done too



Thanks.  I wish you would have posted a year ago... it would have saved me 5 hours and 53 minutes of watching the PBS special (which was actually really good, but I digress)...

I've lived around Philly my entire life, but it took my daughters moving into Old City for me to see his grave (a few weeks ago).  Their post office is inside his old print shop...
The first time they went to mail a package, they were pretty sure it was a tourist site and not a functioning USPS...
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3283.1 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 3, 2023 - 4:53am

ben franklinstein! looks like he didn't rest on his bum much
cool story...
kite and key is well done too


R_P

R_P Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 29, 2020 - 11:11am

The Posterior of the United States
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 6, 2019 - 5:58am



 miamizsun wrote:


broadly speaking

up until about three or four hundred years ago the world was ruled by queens, kings, tsars, emperors, chieftains, etc.

some sort of tribal leader, usually with very bad manners

on a good day harsh brutality was the rule 

there were conquerors and the conquered

if we go back far enough, it's highly likely that we're all descended from one of the two classes (or both)

people/the masses were a resource to be farmed, traded, poached, pillaged and raped

we've made a lot of progress since then

i say we keep it up, keep moving forward

who is with me?
 

Me. I ain't even gonna lie about that...I am the only person who can stop me...
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 6, 2019 - 5:54am

 miamizsun wrote:


broadly speaking

up until about three or four hundred years ago the world was ruled by queens, kings, tsars, emperors, chieftains, etc.

some sort of tribal leader, usually with very bad manners

on a good day harsh brutality was the rule 

there were conquerors and the conquered

if we go back far enough, it's highly likely that we're all descended from one of the two classes (or both)

people/the masses were a resource to be farmed, traded, poached, pillaged and raped

we've made a lot of progress since then

i say we keep it up, keep moving forward

who is with me?
 
I'm with you.  The glass is more than half full, it is filled with gratitude which is the true nectar of the Gods!{#Cheers}
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3283.1 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 6, 2019 - 5:37am

 Proclivities wrote:
I was just making a rough guess anyhow - I didn't look into it very deeply.  It seemed that Poland had been invaded so many times throughout history that maybe its citizens were enslaved at some points but that they may never have enslaved others, I guess not.  I came across an interest fact that Iceland (though then part of the Danish Kingdom) abolished slavery in the 12th Century.
 

broadly speaking

up until about three or four hundred years ago the world was ruled by queens, kings, tsars, emperors, chieftains, etc.

some sort of tribal leader, usually with very bad manners

on a good day harsh brutality was the rule 

there were conquerors and the conquered

if we go back far enough, it's highly likely that we're all descended from one of the two classes (or both)

people/the masses were a resource to be farmed, traded, poached, pillaged and raped

we've made a lot of progress since then

i say we keep it up, keep moving forward

who is with me?
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 5, 2019 - 5:42am

 Proclivities wrote:


 kurtster wrote:

No there is no prize.  And both Poland and Switzerland fail to make the grade.

Switzerland still has problems with human chattel and was very much involved in the slave trade that we are all too familiar with.

Child labour in Switzerland

Switzerland played key role in the slave trade

and when you get down to Poland, it is hard to say that it was a real country before the end of WW I and really not until 1989.  That said, Poland had many problems with human chattel aka serfdom throughout its long history since 900 AD.

Slavery in Poland
 

I was just making a rough guess anyhow - I didn't look into it very deeply.  It seemed that Poland had been invaded so many times throughout history that maybe its citizens were enslaved at some points but that they may never have enslaved others, I guess not.  I came across an interest fact that Iceland (though then part of the Danish Kingdom) abolished slavery in the 12th Century.
 
Not to mention the Poles persecution of Jews.  They took up where the Nazis left off after WWII.  Could you imagine the horror of being a Polish Jew and thinking your troubles are over after the demise of the Nazis?  They described it as shifting sand.{#Sad}
steeler

steeler Avatar

Location: Perched on the precipice of the cauldron of truth


Posted: Aug 4, 2019 - 9:02am



 kurtster wrote:
(Post and link about American exceptionalism)
 

Two points about that analysis: (1) many Americans — perhaps most — believe that the term means America and Americans  are superior. (2) the American evolution continues; yet many are against that— sometimes citing or alluding to American exceptionalism as the reason for their opposition.
Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 4, 2019 - 5:50am



 kurtster wrote:

No there is no prize.  And both Poland and Switzerland fail to make the grade.

Switzerland still has problems with human chattel and was very much involved in the slave trade that we are all too familiar with.

Child labour in Switzerland

Switzerland played key role in the slave trade

and when you get down to Poland, it is hard to say that it was a real country before the end of WW I and really not until 1989.  That said, Poland had many problems with human chattel aka serfdom throughout its long history since 900 AD.

Slavery in Poland
 

I was just making a rough guess anyhow - I didn't look into it very deeply.  It seemed that Poland had been invaded so many times throughout history that maybe its citizens were enslaved at some points but that they may never have enslaved others, I guess not.  I came across an interest fact that Iceland (though then part of the Danish Kingdom) abolished slavery in the 12th Century.
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 3, 2019 - 7:56pm


Red_Dragon wrote:
Simple truth is this nation was founded on racist, chattel slavery and racist genocide. So, American exceptionalism is..... well.... utter bullshit.
  
 kurtster wrote:

And the rest of the world in the 17th and 18th centuries was better, right ?  Right ...

Oh student of history that you say you are, name a country founded before 1800 that was not founded under the terms you state above and has never allowed or engaged in the practice of human chattel or slavery of any kind.
  

Red_Dragon wrote:
You're making my point for me. There is nothing exceptional about this one.
  

 
The simple truth is that you have no idea what you are talking about.  You are misusing the term American exceptionalism just as you do with fascism and many others.

American exceptionalism has to do with the evolution of this country since its founding, not its founding.  However, it could not have happened without its basic founding principles. 

You seek to discredit the founding of this country by taking it out of the context of the world in that time and judge it by itself with today's standards of behaviour.  You'll have to try some other way.  This country was founded with the best of intentions by men trying to do the right thing the best that they could in the world of their day and anticipate the future of human behaviour with rules for the government as how to manage it.  I think that they did a pretty good job.  You on the other hand, invalidate all of them and the founding of this nation simply because some were slave owners.  That is what I got out of your statement FWIW.

Here, try this for an understanding of the term you throw around just so you can justify your vitriolic language about people that you blindly hate based upon your clearly over emotional driving forces.

What, exactly, is 'American exceptionalism'?

As usual, you are most guilty of the things that you accuse others of.

kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 3, 2019 - 7:42pm

 Proclivities wrote:


 kurtster wrote:

And the rest of the world in the 17th and 18th centuries was better, right ?  Right ...

Oh student of history that you say you are, name a country founded before 1800 that was not founded under the terms you state above and has never allowed or engaged in the practice of human chattel or slavery of any kind.
 
Tough question - maybe Poland or Switzerland?  There's not a prize, is there?

 
No there is no prize.  And both Poland and Switzerland fail to make the grade.

Switzerland still has problems with human chattel and was very much involved in the slave trade that we are all too familiar with.

Child labour in Switzerland

Switzerland played key role in the slave trade

and when you get down to Poland, it is hard to say that it was a real country before the end of WW I and really not until 1989.  That said, Poland had many problems with human chattel aka serfdom throughout its long history since 900 AD.

Slavery in Poland
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar

Location: Dumbf*ckistan


Posted: Aug 3, 2019 - 6:32am

 Proclivities wrote:

Tough question - maybe Poland or Switzerland?  There's not a prize, is there?

 
Perhaps they are worthy of being considered exceptional...
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next