[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

What Makes You Laugh? - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 5, 2023 - 10:51am
 
TV shows you watch - rgio - Jun 5, 2023 - 10:49am
 
June 2023 Photo Theme - Lines - parallel, converging, cur... - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jun 5, 2023 - 10:45am
 
Trump - Isabeau - Jun 5, 2023 - 10:36am
 
Get the Quote - Isabeau - Jun 5, 2023 - 10:29am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - lily34 - Jun 5, 2023 - 9:17am
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Jun 5, 2023 - 9:14am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - Steely_D - Jun 5, 2023 - 9:07am
 
New Music - miamizsun - Jun 5, 2023 - 8:06am
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - oldviolin - Jun 5, 2023 - 7:52am
 
A Picture paints a thousand words - oldviolin - Jun 5, 2023 - 7:48am
 
Ukraine - Beaker - Jun 5, 2023 - 7:39am
 
May 2023 Photo Theme - Buds, Sprouts & Beginnings - sunybuny - Jun 5, 2023 - 7:22am
 
Wordle - daily game - ptooey - Jun 5, 2023 - 7:15am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Jun 5, 2023 - 5:42am
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - lily34 - Jun 5, 2023 - 5:33am
 
Movie Recommendation - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 4, 2023 - 9:59pm
 
Tindersticks - oldviolin - Jun 4, 2023 - 8:53pm
 
just like old rario - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 4, 2023 - 7:41pm
 
Out the window - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 4, 2023 - 7:34pm
 
Things You Thought Today - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 4, 2023 - 7:31pm
 
Song of the Day - Manbird - Jun 4, 2023 - 2:13pm
 
One Partying State - Wyoming News - geoff_morphini - Jun 4, 2023 - 1:48pm
 
Skeptix - R_P - Jun 4, 2023 - 12:04pm
 
Name My Band - GeneP59 - Jun 4, 2023 - 10:29am
 
USA! USA! USA! - R_P - Jun 4, 2023 - 10:22am
 
ONE WORD - Red_Dragon - Jun 3, 2023 - 4:48pm
 
What Did You Do Today? - Antigone - Jun 3, 2023 - 4:40pm
 
FOUR WORDS - GeneP59 - Jun 3, 2023 - 4:25pm
 
THREE WORDS - GeneP59 - Jun 3, 2023 - 4:24pm
 
TWO WORDS - GeneP59 - Jun 3, 2023 - 4:23pm
 
Guns - R_P - Jun 3, 2023 - 1:34pm
 
Lyrics That Remind You of Someone - oldviolin - Jun 3, 2023 - 10:56am
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Jun 2, 2023 - 8:28pm
 
Puzzle it - oldviolin - Jun 2, 2023 - 2:04pm
 
Fascism In America - R_P - Jun 2, 2023 - 1:24pm
 
(Big) Media Watch - R_P - Jun 2, 2023 - 12:43pm
 
China - R_P - Jun 2, 2023 - 12:26pm
 
Musky Mythology - Proclivities - Jun 2, 2023 - 11:50am
 
Climate Change - R_P - Jun 2, 2023 - 11:09am
 
Country Up The Bumpkin - oldviolin - Jun 2, 2023 - 9:21am
 
What Makes You Cry :) ? - Beez - Jun 2, 2023 - 9:00am
 
Bad Poetry - oldviolin - Jun 2, 2023 - 8:39am
 
Allergies ( aka pollen hell) - black321 - Jun 2, 2023 - 8:02am
 
Food Democracy - Proclivities - Jun 2, 2023 - 6:23am
 
Canada - westslope - Jun 2, 2023 - 12:57am
 
Rock mix no longer available in Denmark - klausf - Jun 1, 2023 - 11:37pm
 
Dialing 1-800-Manbird - oldviolin - Jun 1, 2023 - 9:00pm
 
RightWingNutZ - R_P - Jun 1, 2023 - 4:32pm
 
Republican Wingnut Freak of the Day - Red_Dragon - Jun 1, 2023 - 3:56pm
 
Artificial Intelligence - R_P - Jun 1, 2023 - 12:38pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - R_P - Jun 1, 2023 - 10:56am
 
Come join us in Eureka! - lily34 - Jun 1, 2023 - 5:10am
 
RP in a Tesla EV - miamizsun - Jun 1, 2023 - 4:37am
 
21 - ScottFromWyoming - May 31, 2023 - 2:27pm
 
Russia - westslope - May 31, 2023 - 6:56am
 
Outstanding Covers - Steely_D - May 30, 2023 - 9:35am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - renaultr17 - May 29, 2023 - 9:50pm
 
Helpful emergency signs - Proclivities - May 29, 2023 - 7:14am
 
Eversolo DMP-A6 streamer and RP? - William - May 28, 2023 - 8:36pm
 
MQA in administration - William - May 28, 2023 - 8:27pm
 
Stream stopping at promo - William - May 28, 2023 - 8:18pm
 
What's your favorite quote? - maryte - May 28, 2023 - 9:12am
 
Ask for a tea - DaveInSaoMiguel - May 28, 2023 - 3:29am
 
Graphic designers, ho's! - Manbird - May 27, 2023 - 5:43pm
 
Lyrics that are stuck in your head today... - ScottN - May 27, 2023 - 5:28pm
 
Animal Resistance - Red_Dragon - May 27, 2023 - 7:46am
 
Little known information...maybe even facts - miamizsun - May 27, 2023 - 7:24am
 
You're welcome, manbird. - Bill_J - May 26, 2023 - 6:00pm
 
In My Room - KurtfromLaQuinta - May 26, 2023 - 4:17pm
 
The Lincoln quote ... wasn't from Lincoln - Proclivities - May 26, 2023 - 1:19pm
 
Live Music - Steely_D - May 26, 2023 - 10:51am
 
It seemed like a good idea at the time - Red_Dragon - May 26, 2023 - 10:35am
 
Nuclear power - saviour or scourge? - miamizsun - May 26, 2023 - 8:31am
 
The Daily complaint forum, Please complain or be Happy - sunybuny - May 26, 2023 - 7:08am
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » American History Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post to this Topic
Isabeau

Isabeau Avatar

Location: sou' tex
Gender: Female


Posted: Feb 7, 2023 - 3:02pm

 KurtfromLaQuinta wrote:
I prefer older women.
That's why I married Debbie almost 47 years ago.
She's a month and a half older than me.  




47 years.   
Now that's some History!
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 6, 2023 - 9:52pm

 Isabeau wrote:

Well aside from our currency ... there's this:

“In all your Amours you should prefer old Women to young ones. You call this a Paradox, and demand my Reasons. They are these: 1. Because as they have more Knowledge of the World and their Minds are better stor’d with Observations, their Conversation is more improving and more lastingly agreable. 2. Because when Women cease to be handsome, they study to be good. To maintain their Influence over Men, they supply the Diminution of Beauty by an Augmentation of Utility. They learn to do a 1000 Services small and great, and are the most tender and useful of all Friends when you are sick. Thus they continue amiable. And hence there is hardly such a thing to be found as an old Woman who is not a good Woman. 3. Because there is no hazard of Children, which irregularly produc’d may be attended with much Inconvenience. 4. Because thro’ more Experience, they are more prudent and discreet in conducting an Intrigue to prevent Suspicion. The Commerce with them is therefore safer with regard to your Reputation. And with regard to theirs, if the Affair should happen to be known, considerate People might be rather inclin’d to excuse an old Woman who would kindly take care of a young Man, form his Manners by her good Counsels, and prevent his ruining his Health and Fortune among mercenary Prostitutes. 5. Because in every Animal that walks upright, the Deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part: The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever: So that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement. 6. Because the Sin is less. The debauching a Virgin may be her Ruin, and make her for Life unhappy. 7. Because the Compunction is less. The having made a young Girl miserable may give you frequent bitter Reflections; none of which can attend the making an old Woman happy. 8thly and Lastly They are so grateful!!”

― Benjamin Franklin
_________________________________________________________________________ P.S. That basket thang can go both ways.  

 
You are indeed a wise woman.  I've seen this before, a long, long time ago and to see it again makes me smile and think of this song from a long, long time ago.

.
KurtfromLaQuinta

KurtfromLaQuinta Avatar

Location: Really deep in the heart of South California
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 6, 2023 - 4:46pm

 Isabeau wrote:

Well aside from our currency ... there's this:

“In all your Amours you should prefer old Women to young ones. You call this a Paradox, and demand my Reasons. They are these:

1. Because as they have more Knowledge of the World and their Minds are better stor’d with Observations, their Conversation is more improving and more lastingly agreable.

2. Because when Women cease to be handsome, they study to be good. To maintain their Influence over Men, they supply the Diminution of Beauty by an Augmentation of Utility. They learn to do a 1000 Services small and great, and are the most tender and useful of all Friends when you are sick. Thus they continue amiable. And hence there is hardly such a thing to be found as an old Woman who is not a good Woman.

3. Because there is no hazard of Children, which irregularly produc’d may be attended with much Inconvenience.

4. Because thro’ more Experience, they are more prudent and discreet in conducting an Intrigue to prevent Suspicion. The Commerce with them is therefore safer with regard to your Reputation. And with regard to theirs, if the Affair should happen to be known, considerate People might be rather inclin’d to excuse an old Woman who would kindly take care of a young Man, form his Manners by her good Counsels, and prevent his ruining his Health and Fortune among mercenary Prostitutes.

5. Because in every Animal that walks upright, the Deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part: The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever: So that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement.

6. Because the Sin is less. The debauching a Virgin may be her Ruin, and make her for Life unhappy.

7. Because the Compunction is less. The having made a young Girl miserable may give you frequent bitter Reflections; none of which can attend the making an old Woman happy.

8thly and Lastly They are so grateful!!”

― Benjamin Franklin
_________________________________________________________________________

P.S. That basket thang can go both ways. 
 


I prefer older women.
That's why I married Debbie almost 47 years ago.
She's a month and a half older than me.  

Isabeau

Isabeau Avatar

Location: sou' tex
Gender: Female


Posted: Feb 6, 2023 - 4:36pm

 oldviolin wrote:
An inarguable list...
{#Wink}

Indeed, sir. 
Your basket or mine?  
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 6, 2023 - 3:22pm

 Isabeau wrote:
 oldviolin wrote:

{#Eek}

Well aside from our currency ... there's this:

“In all your Amours you should prefer old Women to young ones. You call this a Paradox, and demand my Reasons. They are these: 1. Because as they have more Knowledge of the World and their Minds are better stor’d with Observations, their Conversation is more improving and more lastingly agreable. 2. Because when Women cease to be handsome, they study to be good. To maintain their Influence over Men, they supply the Diminution of Beauty by an Augmentation of Utility. They learn to do a 1000 Services small and great, and are the most tender and useful of all Friends when you are sick. Thus they continue amiable. And hence there is hardly such a thing to be found as an old Woman who is not a good Woman. 3. Because there is no hazard of Children, which irregularly produc’d may be attended with much Inconvenience. 4. Because thro’ more Experience, they are more prudent and discreet in conducting an Intrigue to prevent Suspicion. The Commerce with them is therefore safer with regard to your Reputation. And with regard to theirs, if the Affair should happen to be known, considerate People might be rather inclin’d to excuse an old Woman who would kindly take care of a young Man, form his Manners by her good Counsels, and prevent his ruining his Health and Fortune among mercenary Prostitutes. 5. Because in every Animal that walks upright, the Deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part: The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever: So that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement. 6. Because the Sin is less. The debauching a Virgin may be her Ruin, and make her for Life unhappy. 7. Because the Compunction is less. The having made a young Girl miserable may give you frequent bitter Reflections; none of which can attend the making an old Woman happy. 8thly and Lastly They are so grateful!!”

― Benjamin Franklin
_________________________________________________________________________ P.S. That basket thang can go both ways.  

 
An inarguable list...{#Wink}
Isabeau

Isabeau Avatar

Location: sou' tex
Gender: Female


Posted: Feb 6, 2023 - 3:05pm

 oldviolin wrote:

{#Eek}

Well aside from our currency ... there's this:

“In all your Amours you should prefer old Women to young ones. You call this a Paradox, and demand my Reasons. They are these:

1. Because as they have more Knowledge of the World and their Minds are better stor’d with Observations, their Conversation is more improving and more lastingly agreable.

2. Because when Women cease to be handsome, they study to be good. To maintain their Influence over Men, they supply the Diminution of Beauty by an Augmentation of Utility. They learn to do a 1000 Services small and great, and are the most tender and useful of all Friends when you are sick. Thus they continue amiable. And hence there is hardly such a thing to be found as an old Woman who is not a good Woman.

3. Because there is no hazard of Children, which irregularly produc’d may be attended with much Inconvenience.

4. Because thro’ more Experience, they are more prudent and discreet in conducting an Intrigue to prevent Suspicion. The Commerce with them is therefore safer with regard to your Reputation. And with regard to theirs, if the Affair should happen to be known, considerate People might be rather inclin’d to excuse an old Woman who would kindly take care of a young Man, form his Manners by her good Counsels, and prevent his ruining his Health and Fortune among mercenary Prostitutes.

5. Because in every Animal that walks upright, the Deficiency of the Fluids that fill the Muscles appears first in the highest Part: The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever: So that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement.

6. Because the Sin is less. The debauching a Virgin may be her Ruin, and make her for Life unhappy.

7. Because the Compunction is less. The having made a young Girl miserable may give you frequent bitter Reflections; none of which can attend the making an old Woman happy.

8thly and Lastly They are so grateful!!”

― Benjamin Franklin
_________________________________________________________________________

P.S. That basket thang can go both ways.  


oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 6, 2023 - 2:55pm

 Isabeau wrote:
 miamizsun wrote:

ben franklinstein! looks like he didn't rest on his bum much
cool story...
kite and key is well done too


 

Intelligence and wit is ALWAYS sexy. Without teeth and balding, the man practically slept with a third of the French Court in the late 18th century.  These days, we still enjoy holding a Benjamin.
 
{#Eek}
Isabeau

Isabeau Avatar

Location: sou' tex
Gender: Female


Posted: Feb 6, 2023 - 2:52pm

 miamizsun wrote:

ben franklinstein! looks like he didn't rest on his bum much
cool story...
kite and key is well done too




Intelligence and wit is ALWAYS sexy. Without teeth and balding, the man practically slept with a third of the French Court in the late 18th century.  These days, we still enjoy holding a Benjamin. 


rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 3, 2023 - 6:12am

 miamizsun wrote:

ben franklinstein! looks like he didn't rest on his bum much
cool story...
kite and key is well done too



Thanks.  I wish you would have posted a year ago... it would have saved me 5 hours and 53 minutes of watching the PBS special (which was actually really good, but I digress)...

I've lived around Philly my entire life, but it took my daughters moving into Old City for me to see his grave (a few weeks ago).  Their post office is inside his old print shop...
The first time they went to mail a package, they were pretty sure it was a tourist site and not a functioning USPS...
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 3, 2023 - 4:53am

ben franklinstein! looks like he didn't rest on his bum much
cool story...
kite and key is well done too


R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 29, 2020 - 11:11am

The Posterior of the United States
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 6, 2019 - 5:58am



 miamizsun wrote:


broadly speaking

up until about three or four hundred years ago the world was ruled by queens, kings, tsars, emperors, chieftains, etc.

some sort of tribal leader, usually with very bad manners

on a good day harsh brutality was the rule 

there were conquerors and the conquered

if we go back far enough, it's highly likely that we're all descended from one of the two classes (or both)

people/the masses were a resource to be farmed, traded, poached, pillaged and raped

we've made a lot of progress since then

i say we keep it up, keep moving forward

who is with me?
 

Me. I ain't even gonna lie about that...I am the only person who can stop me...
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 6, 2019 - 5:54am

 miamizsun wrote:


broadly speaking

up until about three or four hundred years ago the world was ruled by queens, kings, tsars, emperors, chieftains, etc.

some sort of tribal leader, usually with very bad manners

on a good day harsh brutality was the rule 

there were conquerors and the conquered

if we go back far enough, it's highly likely that we're all descended from one of the two classes (or both)

people/the masses were a resource to be farmed, traded, poached, pillaged and raped

we've made a lot of progress since then

i say we keep it up, keep moving forward

who is with me?
 
I'm with you.  The glass is more than half full, it is filled with gratitude which is the true nectar of the Gods!{#Cheers}
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 6, 2019 - 5:37am

 Proclivities wrote:
I was just making a rough guess anyhow - I didn't look into it very deeply.  It seemed that Poland had been invaded so many times throughout history that maybe its citizens were enslaved at some points but that they may never have enslaved others, I guess not.  I came across an interest fact that Iceland (though then part of the Danish Kingdom) abolished slavery in the 12th Century.
 

broadly speaking

up until about three or four hundred years ago the world was ruled by queens, kings, tsars, emperors, chieftains, etc.

some sort of tribal leader, usually with very bad manners

on a good day harsh brutality was the rule 

there were conquerors and the conquered

if we go back far enough, it's highly likely that we're all descended from one of the two classes (or both)

people/the masses were a resource to be farmed, traded, poached, pillaged and raped

we've made a lot of progress since then

i say we keep it up, keep moving forward

who is with me?
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 5, 2019 - 5:42am

 Proclivities wrote:


 kurtster wrote:

No there is no prize.  And both Poland and Switzerland fail to make the grade.

Switzerland still has problems with human chattel and was very much involved in the slave trade that we are all too familiar with.

Child labour in Switzerland

Switzerland played key role in the slave trade

and when you get down to Poland, it is hard to say that it was a real country before the end of WW I and really not until 1989.  That said, Poland had many problems with human chattel aka serfdom throughout its long history since 900 AD.

Slavery in Poland
 

I was just making a rough guess anyhow - I didn't look into it very deeply.  It seemed that Poland had been invaded so many times throughout history that maybe its citizens were enslaved at some points but that they may never have enslaved others, I guess not.  I came across an interest fact that Iceland (though then part of the Danish Kingdom) abolished slavery in the 12th Century.
 
Not to mention the Poles persecution of Jews.  They took up where the Nazis left off after WWII.  Could you imagine the horror of being a Polish Jew and thinking your troubles are over after the demise of the Nazis?  They described it as shifting sand.{#Sad}
steeler

steeler Avatar

Location: Perched on the precipice of the cauldron of truth


Posted: Aug 4, 2019 - 9:02am



 kurtster wrote:
(Post and link about American exceptionalism)
 

Two points about that analysis: (1) many Americans — perhaps most — believe that the term means America and Americans  are superior. (2) the American evolution continues; yet many are against that— sometimes citing or alluding to American exceptionalism as the reason for their opposition.
Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 4, 2019 - 5:50am



 kurtster wrote:

No there is no prize.  And both Poland and Switzerland fail to make the grade.

Switzerland still has problems with human chattel and was very much involved in the slave trade that we are all too familiar with.

Child labour in Switzerland

Switzerland played key role in the slave trade

and when you get down to Poland, it is hard to say that it was a real country before the end of WW I and really not until 1989.  That said, Poland had many problems with human chattel aka serfdom throughout its long history since 900 AD.

Slavery in Poland
 

I was just making a rough guess anyhow - I didn't look into it very deeply.  It seemed that Poland had been invaded so many times throughout history that maybe its citizens were enslaved at some points but that they may never have enslaved others, I guess not.  I came across an interest fact that Iceland (though then part of the Danish Kingdom) abolished slavery in the 12th Century.
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 3, 2019 - 7:56pm


Red_Dragon wrote:
Simple truth is this nation was founded on racist, chattel slavery and racist genocide. So, American exceptionalism is..... well.... utter bullshit.
  
 kurtster wrote:

And the rest of the world in the 17th and 18th centuries was better, right ?  Right ...

Oh student of history that you say you are, name a country founded before 1800 that was not founded under the terms you state above and has never allowed or engaged in the practice of human chattel or slavery of any kind.
  

Red_Dragon wrote:
You're making my point for me. There is nothing exceptional about this one.
  

 
The simple truth is that you have no idea what you are talking about.  You are misusing the term American exceptionalism just as you do with fascism and many others.

American exceptionalism has to do with the evolution of this country since its founding, not its founding.  However, it could not have happened without its basic founding principles. 

You seek to discredit the founding of this country by taking it out of the context of the world in that time and judge it by itself with today's standards of behaviour.  You'll have to try some other way.  This country was founded with the best of intentions by men trying to do the right thing the best that they could in the world of their day and anticipate the future of human behaviour with rules for the government as how to manage it.  I think that they did a pretty good job.  You on the other hand, invalidate all of them and the founding of this nation simply because some were slave owners.  That is what I got out of your statement FWIW.

Here, try this for an understanding of the term you throw around just so you can justify your vitriolic language about people that you blindly hate based upon your clearly over emotional driving forces.

What, exactly, is 'American exceptionalism'?

As usual, you are most guilty of the things that you accuse others of.

kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 3, 2019 - 7:42pm

 Proclivities wrote:


 kurtster wrote:

And the rest of the world in the 17th and 18th centuries was better, right ?  Right ...

Oh student of history that you say you are, name a country founded before 1800 that was not founded under the terms you state above and has never allowed or engaged in the practice of human chattel or slavery of any kind.
 
Tough question - maybe Poland or Switzerland?  There's not a prize, is there?

 
No there is no prize.  And both Poland and Switzerland fail to make the grade.

Switzerland still has problems with human chattel and was very much involved in the slave trade that we are all too familiar with.

Child labour in Switzerland

Switzerland played key role in the slave trade

and when you get down to Poland, it is hard to say that it was a real country before the end of WW I and really not until 1989.  That said, Poland had many problems with human chattel aka serfdom throughout its long history since 900 AD.

Slavery in Poland
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar

Location: Dumbf*ckistan


Posted: Aug 3, 2019 - 6:32am

 Proclivities wrote:

Tough question - maybe Poland or Switzerland?  There's not a prize, is there?

 
Perhaps they are worthy of being considered exceptional...
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next