[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

The Obituary Page - westslope - Jan 27, 2020 - 10:44am
 
Trump - Steely_D - Jan 27, 2020 - 10:43am
 
Music News - Steely_D - Jan 27, 2020 - 10:42am
 
Documentaries - Steely_D - Jan 27, 2020 - 10:40am
 
Graphs, Charts & Maps - black321 - Jan 27, 2020 - 10:37am
 
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi... - ScottFromWyoming - Jan 27, 2020 - 9:53am
 
Impeachment Time: - cc_rider - Jan 27, 2020 - 8:23am
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - Proclivities - Jan 27, 2020 - 7:58am
 
Memorials - Remembering Our Loved Ones - haresfur - Jan 27, 2020 - 7:01am
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - Proclivities - Jan 27, 2020 - 6:15am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - Coaxial - Jan 27, 2020 - 5:31am
 
Thorium Power - miamizsun - Jan 27, 2020 - 4:18am
 
Counting with Pictures - yuel - Jan 27, 2020 - 3:42am
 
Climate Change - R_P - Jan 26, 2020 - 4:08pm
 
Edward Norton's Neo-Noir film Motherless Brooklyn. - SeriousLee - Jan 26, 2020 - 3:23pm
 
What are you listening to now? - Steely_D - Jan 26, 2020 - 3:10pm
 
The Chomsky / Zinn Reader - R_P - Jan 26, 2020 - 2:02pm
 
What are you doing RIGHT NOW? - SeriousLee - Jan 26, 2020 - 10:51am
 
Pandemics and Rights - miamizsun - Jan 26, 2020 - 7:39am
 
Ask the Libertarian - Lazy8 - Jan 26, 2020 - 7:14am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Jan 26, 2020 - 7:03am
 
Yamaha Musiccast - ilveroluca - Jan 26, 2020 - 6:11am
 
Things that make you cautiously optimistic - miamizsun - Jan 26, 2020 - 6:04am
 
Stream Stopping - Multiple Platforms - ilveroluca - Jan 26, 2020 - 5:58am
 
Neil Young - R_P - Jan 25, 2020 - 6:26pm
 
Democratic Party - R_P - Jan 25, 2020 - 4:41pm
 
What did you have for dinner? - Red_Dragon - Jan 25, 2020 - 4:34pm
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - Chuck1 - Jan 25, 2020 - 4:25pm
 
Official date for our 20th Anniversary? - buddy - Jan 25, 2020 - 1:10pm
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - Jan 25, 2020 - 12:38pm
 
Race in America - R_P - Jan 25, 2020 - 11:57am
 
Brazil - R_P - Jan 25, 2020 - 11:18am
 
Mars - R_P - Jan 25, 2020 - 10:27am
 
Lyrics that strike a chord today... - SeriousLee - Jan 25, 2020 - 9:39am
 
Trump Lies - R_P - Jan 25, 2020 - 12:09am
 
Name My Band - Red_Dragon - Jan 24, 2020 - 7:46pm
 
RP Windows Desktop Notification Applet - gvajda - Jan 24, 2020 - 5:54pm
 
Way Cool Video - Red_Dragon - Jan 24, 2020 - 5:22pm
 
Automotive Lust - Red_Dragon - Jan 24, 2020 - 5:09pm
 
We need some new car names - jahgirl8 - Jan 24, 2020 - 4:00pm
 
how do you feel right now? - Antigone - Jan 24, 2020 - 2:38pm
 
Iran - jahgirl8 - Jan 24, 2020 - 2:32pm
 
THREE WORDS - jahgirl8 - Jan 24, 2020 - 2:27pm
 
A motivational quote - jahgirl8 - Jan 24, 2020 - 2:23pm
 
Interesting Art - Proclivities - Jan 24, 2020 - 1:36pm
 
Guns - Red_Dragon - Jan 24, 2020 - 11:23am
 
Economix - R_P - Jan 24, 2020 - 10:49am
 
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest - Red_Dragon - Jan 24, 2020 - 10:10am
 
Acting - R_P - Jan 24, 2020 - 9:55am
 
Strange & Cool Music - Proclivities - Jan 24, 2020 - 9:32am
 
Animal Resistance - cc_rider - Jan 24, 2020 - 9:15am
 
Recommended documentaries - cc_rider - Jan 24, 2020 - 9:05am
 
Florida - miamizsun - Jan 24, 2020 - 5:31am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - sirdroseph - Jan 24, 2020 - 2:48am
 
Croatia - EdSe - Jan 24, 2020 - 12:06am
 
Bad News / Good News - haresfur - Jan 23, 2020 - 4:11pm
 
WTF??!! - Antigone - Jan 23, 2020 - 3:04pm
 
The war on funk is over! - Ohmsen - Jan 23, 2020 - 12:59pm
 
Jazz - Ohmsen - Jan 23, 2020 - 12:41pm
 
punk? hip-hop? metal? noise? garage? - Ohmsen - Jan 23, 2020 - 12:21pm
 
SFW & Gluttony Pants - Proclivities - Jan 23, 2020 - 9:23am
 
songs that ROCK! - sirdroseph - Jan 23, 2020 - 7:05am
 
Your app for Mac needs an update - gtufano - Jan 22, 2020 - 11:36pm
 
RP and Sonos - jarro - Jan 22, 2020 - 5:04pm
 
What Do You Want From RP? - buddy - Jan 22, 2020 - 2:53pm
 
Movie Quote - ScottFromWyoming - Jan 22, 2020 - 10:32am
 
A Sad Day, Indeed - ScottFromWyoming - Jan 22, 2020 - 7:09am
 
Goodnight everyone! - Proclivities - Jan 22, 2020 - 4:06am
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - Egctheow - Jan 22, 2020 - 1:14am
 
Is there any DOG news out there? - BlueHeronDruid - Jan 21, 2020 - 11:33pm
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Jan 21, 2020 - 10:37pm
 
ONE WORD - buddy - Jan 21, 2020 - 9:24pm
 
Internet Addict?? - BlueHeronDruid - Jan 21, 2020 - 7:09pm
 
The Global War on Terror - R_P - Jan 21, 2020 - 3:54pm
 
What Did You See Today? - oldviolin - Jan 21, 2020 - 2:34pm
 
Index » Internet/Computer » Streaming/Media » RP App for Android Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Post to this Topic
plfjos99

plfjos99 Avatar



Posted: Nov 27, 2019 - 3:26am

I'm not enjoying the new app at all. I'm sure you must have had reasons for the update but for me, it's a disaster.
It was stable and was my first choice for almost all my listening but now I'm having problems with downloading cache blocks - same as blackbirds. Nothing appears to be happening on most attempts.  It has worked, twice, but instead of getting two blocks I have one double-length one - no drama, just strange. But now as I type it's not working again. This is really infuriating and immensely disappointing. I've even dropped my download quality to see if that helps but no. The more I press 'Add Block' the more the number of songs goes up, but that's it that's all it does.

I have just managed to buffer ahead about 4 hours but when I went back and pressed Add Block it has, of course, deleted the buffering ahead cache and now I have neither. 

Downloading on LG v30 Android 9. 
Blackbirds

Blackbirds Avatar

Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 26, 2019 - 9:10pm

The "224" does not count down... storage now at 2.70 GB. If every song is about 12 MB... then we should be almost there (I cannot recall the bitrate, I never do the highest with all the driving/flying noise it is pointless to use the best rates).

Tried Android Auto (after first stopping Podcast Addict and starting RP):

https://imgur.com/LLlZ18g

Only the "main" channel in my Ahead Buffer.

The work around is to fill that buffer to the max tomorrow :- ) 

 jarro wrote:
You should see the usual blocks getting added  below the counter  as it counts down.
I will need to do some testing on OxygenOS to figure out what's going on.

It's possible the blocks are there but just not getting drawn to the screen.
Definitely possible if the buffer ahead feature is working.
In which case you could theoretically access them from the Android Auto app.   



 Blackbirds wrote:
Sorry Jarro... it does not seem stuck. The value showed "224" was from the beginning... I assumed it to be a kind of "target". When I monitor the storage of the phone RP still grows. I am now on 2.49 GB. Also the notifications of the phone show the option "Stop Filling Cache".

It is a OnePlus 6T and Android 9 (OxygenOS 9.017)

RP now as I write it has grown to 2.51 GB

OW changing cache location will throw everything away... And I am flying tomorrow... :- )

 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 26, 2019 - 9:02pm

Chromecast will use the  wifi bitrate.    And can play flac fine.   

 m_huntrods wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering at what bitrate is being streamed to the Chromecast when casting? If FLAC is selected in the app, is that the bitrate the Chromecast is receiving? Thank you.
 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 26, 2019 - 9:00pm

The lockscreen cover art  is something you might be able to adjust in the phone settings.    That behaviour varies by phone model.

 juliobombarda wrote:
Please Bill, I want the old app back. This new one doesn't work. Besides it is putting the album cover on my mobile screen. some covers give no contrast, preventing me from entering the unlock password. Unfortunately I will have to uninstall the app.

 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 26, 2019 - 8:45pm

You should see the usual blocks getting added  below the counter  as it counts down.
I will need to do some testing on OxygenOS to figure out what's going on.

It's possible the blocks are there but just not getting drawn to the screen.
Definitely possible if the buffer ahead feature is working.
In which case you could theoretically access them from the Android Auto app.   



 Blackbirds wrote:
Sorry Jarro... it does not seem stuck. The value showed "224" was from the beginning... I assumed it to be a kind of "target". When I monitor the storage of the phone RP still grows. I am now on 2.49 GB. Also the notifications of the phone show the option "Stop Filling Cache".

It is a OnePlus 6T and Android 9 (OxygenOS 9.017)

RP now as I write it has grown to 2.51 GB

OW changing cache location will throw everything away... And I am flying tomorrow... :- )

Blackbirds

Blackbirds Avatar

Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 26, 2019 - 8:29pm

Sorry Jarro... it does not seem stuck. The value showed "224" was from the beginning... I assumed it to be a kind of "target". When I monitor the storage of the phone RP still grows. I am now on 2.49 GB. Also the notifications of the phone show the option "Stop Filling Cache".

It is a OnePlus 6T and Android 9 (OxygenOS 9.017)

RP now as I write it has grown to 2.51 GB

OW changing cache location will throw everything away... And I am flying tomorrow... :- )

 jarro wrote:
Something is wrong if  it is stuck at 224.   That should countdown as files are downloaded.
I'll need to look into it.
What  model phone and android version is that?

Also something you can try is,  from settings  ->  cache options ->  change the cache location


 Blackbirds wrote:
Thank you Jarro for all your efforts!

You wrote:

- All info for the downloads status is in the offline listening page. ( the cloud icon from main screen )
- You can play any live channel or offline block while it is downloading.

But this is what I see:


Screenshot

And "Each block still has it's own play and delete button.   They show up after the first song  for a  group has been downloaded.   Blocks are now grouped by channel and bitrate.   Pending downloads  are grouped together and can be cancelled  without affecting anything that has already been downloaded."

But I am very sorry... All I see is "pause download" or "resume download" and "cancel". Nothing else :- (



 


 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 26, 2019 - 8:22pm

Something is wrong if  it is stuck at 224.   That should countdown as files are downloaded.
I'll need to look into it.

The buffering uses the same system...  So definitely odd.



 Blackbirds wrote:
Thank you Jarro for all your efforts!

You wrote:

- All info for the downloads status is in the offline listening page. ( the cloud icon from main screen )
- You can play any live channel or offline block while it is downloading.

But this is what I see:


Screenshot

And "Each block still has it's own play and delete button.   They show up after the first song  for a  group has been downloaded.   Blocks are now grouped by channel and bitrate.   Pending downloads  are grouped together and can be cancelled  without affecting anything that has already been downloaded."

But I am very sorry... All I see is "pause download" or "resume download" and "cancel". Nothing else :- (



 


Laptopdog

Laptopdog Avatar

Location: Overcrowded, Overpriced & Overrated L.A.
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 26, 2019 - 8:20pm

That would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

 jarro wrote:
There were some complaints with the old behavior as well.   This is something we'll need to add a preference setting for.

 Laptopdog wrote:
Are there any plans to fix the app from not letting the phone go into sleep mode? That's been my main complaint, how the phone screen no longer stays on when the app is on. I can turn the phone sideways and it will play the slideshow and stay on, but other than giving the song and artist name in faint white letters, barely visible on the screen, it shows nothing else. I really enjoyed glancing at my phone to see which artist was playing, the album cover, whether I had already rated the song, etc.

Maybe I'm the only one missing this feature, but it was a big part of the appeal of listening to RP for me.

 


 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 26, 2019 - 8:08pm

There were some complaints with the old behavior as well.   This is something we'll need to add a preference setting for.

 Laptopdog wrote:
Are there any plans to fix the app from not letting the phone go into sleep mode? That's been my main complaint, how the phone screen no longer stays on when the app is on. I can turn the phone sideways and it will play the slideshow and stay on, but other than giving the song and artist name in faint white letters, barely visible on the screen, it shows nothing else. I really enjoyed glancing at my phone to see which artist was playing, the album cover, whether I had already rated the song, etc.

Maybe I'm the only one missing this feature, but it was a big part of the appeal of listening to RP for me.

 


Blackbirds

Blackbirds Avatar

Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 26, 2019 - 8:06pm

Thank you Jarro for all your efforts!

You wrote:

- All info for the downloads status is in the offline listening page. ( the cloud icon from main screen )
- You can play any live channel or offline block while it is downloading.

But this is what I see:

full image inhttps://imgur.com/a/ycwVpUX

Screenshot

And "Each block still has it's own play and delete button.   They show up after the first song  for a  group has been downloaded.   Blocks are now grouped by channel and bitrate.   Pending downloads  are grouped together and can be cancelled  without affecting anything that has already been downloaded."

But I am very sorry... All I see is "pause download" or "resume download" and "cancel". Nothing else :- (


jarro wrote:


Lot of questions here.  I'll do my best.

- Yes,  there is a separate  notification/icon  for the  background downloads.   ( A notification is required for it to keep running in the background )

- All info for the downloads  status is in the offline listening page.   ( the cloud icon from main screen )

- You can play any live  channel or offline block while it is downloading.

- Each block still has it's own play and delete button.   They show up after the first song  for a  group has been downloaded.   Blocks are now grouped by channel and bitrate.   Pending downloads  are grouped together and can be cancelled  without affecting anything that has already been downloaded.

- The  first  two storage locations  are  different but are on the same drive for most devices now.   So the free space is usually the same.   This is a bit of a legacy issue  from when  internal storage was a lot smaller and every device had a removable sdcard.
 Blackbirds wrote:
Currently I am abroad in a country far far away, with occasional access to Wi-Fi only. Went for a walk and wanted some music, no problem because I have my RP app and stored two 24 hour caches of music for the flight and here... "network error"!! App has been replaced and all was gone... oh well back in the hotel I will have to create new ones then... well that was easier said then done. I have no clue whatsoever how full the Cache Block is... two RP icons are shown (one for the app, one for the download?). Something is downloading as I can see in "settings - storage - music & audio" that RP is taking more space. How far are we? What stream is it? Pause and resume don't show the status... Can I play and download at the same time? Oh and just realised - in the old app we had a play and delete button for each block - I cannot see them now, will they show up when everything is downloaded? If so please don't I might be just happy with 8 of the 12 hours for example.

Chromecast support will be great I am sure (once I am home again), the various RP mixes too, although I probably will use the box standard one mainly. But currently I want the old app back :- ( Sorry. Too hooked and reliant on RP since 10 years and I am happy to see that RP now runs in my car as well. RP is my music app of choice, in fact the only one I use.

PS Storage Location is a choice between primary and secondary storage - _both_ are 96.91 GB free... ? On a Oneplus 6T. App version 4.0.1.20.gp
 
 

m_huntrods



Posted: Nov 26, 2019 - 8:05pm

Hello,

I am wondering at what bitrate is being streamed to the Chromecast when casting? If FLAC is selected in the app, is that the bitrate the Chromecast is receiving? Thank you.
juliobombarda

juliobombarda Avatar

Location: Porto Alegre, Brazil


Posted: Nov 26, 2019 - 1:56pm

Please Bill, I want the old app back. This new one doesn't work. Besides it is putting the album cover on my mobile screen. some covers give no contrast, preventing me from entering the unlock password. Unfortunately I will have to uninstall the app.

Laptopdog

Laptopdog Avatar

Location: Overcrowded, Overpriced & Overrated L.A.
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 26, 2019 - 12:00pm

Are there any plans to fix the app from not letting the phone go into sleep mode? That's been my main complaint, how the phone screen no longer stays on when the app is on. I can turn the phone sideways and it will play the slideshow and stay on, but other than giving the song and artist name in faint white letters, barely visible on the screen, it shows nothing else. I really enjoyed glancing at my phone to see which artist was playing, the album cover, whether I had already rated the song, etc.

Maybe I'm the only one missing this feature, but it was a big part of the appeal of listening to RP for me.

oddtodd

oddtodd Avatar

Location: Ringwood NJ
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 26, 2019 - 5:46am

Thanks for the fix!!! Working great now

 jarro wrote:
This is fixed.  The label was just rolling over at 24 hours,  so didn't display the full time  remaining.

 oddtodd wrote:


Please tell me there are more bugs to be worked out on the Cache blocks ( or PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLD WAY !!!!!!!)  Its seems to be a crapshoot on how many hr. it will show . I used to have sometimes 5 blocks of 12hr. But now I was able to get 33hr on my Android  tablet but on my S 10 phone it sometimes add time or delete and starts over. 

 


 


mhamann123

mhamann123 Avatar



Posted: Nov 26, 2019 - 2:14am

Hi Bill and Jarro,
Can confirm that 'My Favourites' are working again.
Happiness. 
Thank you so much 🙂

 BillG wrote:


 sblochie1 wrote:
i also updated my RP Android App and when select to play "My Favorites" it also now does nothing...also had hundreds of my favorites. Can someone please confirm how to resolve this problem...or by updating to the new Android App do we automatically lose all the "My Favorites" we used to be able to play on the old App? However, i can still see all "My Favorites" if i logon to the RB website, so why are they not available to play on the new RP Android App? Help!! 

 mhamann123 wrote:
mmm.. not really happy with the new Android app. Let's hope it's an interim version compared to its predecessor. 
1) 'My Favorites' does nothing. I've got several hundred songs rated over 8 and used this daily. What qualifies for 'My Favourites'?
2) Clicking on the album artwork now launches an embedded browser for the RP web page.
Sorry, but that's feels cheap and slow, and is lazy development. An app is an app not a browser page. An app collects information and presents information in a user friendly form.
Want to see the lyrics now?  Scroll down. And down. Too far. Scroll back. Comments? Scroll up. Or was that down?
Hopefully this is a short term version of the RP android app which will get upgraded soon with the old features.
If not can you please (please, please) make the old (RP 'Classic') app available in the meantime. 🤨

 


 
Looks like there's a bug in the Favorites playlist that's affecting a few people. Naturally, it works fine for Jarro (our developer) & me...

It's something simple, I'm sure. We'll sort it out asap. 

 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 26, 2019 - 2:05am

Favorites should be working for everyone once again.  This was a backend fix so no need to download any updates.


 sblochie1 wrote:
i also updated my RP Android App and when select to play "My Favorites" it also now does nothing...also had hundreds of my favorites. Can someone please confirm how to resolve this problem...or by updating to the new Android App do we automatically lose all the "My Favorites" we used to be able to play on the old App? However, i can still see all "My Favorites" if i logon to the RB website, so why are they not available to play on the new RP Android App? Help!! 

BillG

BillG Avatar

Location: Left Coast
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 25, 2019 - 5:20pm



 sblochie1 wrote:
i also updated my RP Android App and when select to play "My Favorites" it also now does nothing...also had hundreds of my favorites. Can someone please confirm how to resolve this problem...or by updating to the new Android App do we automatically lose all the "My Favorites" we used to be able to play on the old App? However, i can still see all "My Favorites" if i logon to the RB website, so why are they not available to play on the new RP Android App? Help!! 

 mhamann123 wrote:
mmm.. not really happy with the new Android app. Let's hope it's an interim version compared to its predecessor. 
1) 'My Favorites' does nothing. I've got several hundred songs rated over 8 and used this daily. What qualifies for 'My Favourites'?
2) Clicking on the album artwork now launches an embedded browser for the RP web page.
Sorry, but that's feels cheap and slow, and is lazy development. An app is an app not a browser page. An app collects information and presents information in a user friendly form.
Want to see the lyrics now?  Scroll down. And down. Too far. Scroll back. Comments? Scroll up. Or was that down?
Hopefully this is a short term version of the RP android app which will get upgraded soon with the old features.
If not can you please (please, please) make the old (RP 'Classic') app available in the meantime. 🤨

 


 
Looks like there's a bug in the Favorites playlist that's affecting a few people. Naturally, it works fine for Jarro (our developer) & me...

It's something simple, I'm sure. We'll sort it out asap. 

sblochie1

Location: Sydney Australia
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 25, 2019 - 1:55pm

i also updated my RP Android App and when select to play "My Favorites" it also now does nothing...also had hundreds of my favorites. Can someone please confirm how to resolve this problem...or by updating to the new Android App do we automatically lose all the "My Favorites" we used to be able to play on the old App? However, i can still see all "My Favorites" if i logon to the RB website, so why are they not available to play on the new RP Android App? Help!! 

 mhamann123 wrote:
mmm.. not really happy with the new Android app. Let's hope it's an interim version compared to its predecessor. 
1) 'My Favorites' does nothing. I've got several hundred songs rated over 8 and used this daily. What qualifies for 'My Favourites'?
2) Clicking on the album artwork now launches an embedded browser for the RP web page.
Sorry, but that's feels cheap and slow, and is lazy development. An app is an app not a browser page. An app collects information and presents information in a user friendly form.
Want to see the lyrics now?  Scroll down. And down. Too far. Scroll back. Comments? Scroll up. Or was that down?
Hopefully this is a short term version of the RP android app which will get upgraded soon with the old features.
If not can you please (please, please) make the old (RP 'Classic') app available in the meantime. 🤨

 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 25, 2019 - 8:51am

This is fixed.  The label was just rolling over at 24 hours,  so didn't display the full time  remaining.

 oddtodd wrote:


Please tell me there are more bugs to be worked out on the Cache blocks ( or PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLD WAY !!!!!!!)  Its seems to be a crapshoot on how many hr. it will show . I used to have sometimes 5 blocks of 12hr. But now I was able to get 33hr on my Android  tablet but on my S 10 phone it sometimes add time or delete and starts over. 

 


oddtodd

oddtodd Avatar

Location: Ringwood NJ
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 25, 2019 - 7:51am



Please tell me there are more bugs to be worked out on the Cache blocks ( or PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLD WAY !!!!!!!)  Its seems to be a crapshoot on how many hr. it will show . I used to have sometimes 5 blocks of 12hr. But now I was able to get 33hr on my Android  tablet but on my S 10 phone it sometimes add time or delete and starts over.


 jarro wrote:

Lot of questions here.  I'll do my best.

- Yes,  there is a separate  notification/icon  for the  background downloads.   ( A notification is required for it to keep running in the background )

- All info for the downloads  status is in the offline listening page.   ( the cloud icon from main screen )

- You can play any live  channel or offline block while it is downloading.

- Each block still has it's own play and delete button.   They show up after the first song  for a  group has been downloaded.   Blocks are now grouped by channel and bitrate.   Pending downloads  are grouped together and can be cancelled  without affecting anything that has already been downloaded.

- The  first  two storage locations  are  different but are on the same drive for most devices now.   So the free space is usually the same.   This is a bit of a legacy issue  from when  internal storage was a lot smaller and every device had a removable sdcard.


 Blackbirds wrote:
Currently I am abroad in a country far far away, with occasional access to Wi-Fi only. Went for a walk and wanted some music, no problem because I have my RP app and stored two 24 hour caches of music for the flight and here... "network error"!! App has been replaced and all was gone... oh well back in the hotel I will have to create new ones then... well that was easier said then done. I have no clue whatsoever how full the Cache Block is... two RP icons are shown (one for the app, one for the download?). Something is downloading as I can see in "settings - storage - music & audio" that RP is taking more space. How far are we? What stream is it? Pause and resume don't show the status... Can I play and download at the same time? Oh and just realised - in the old app we had a play and delete button for each block - I cannot see them now, will they show up when everything is downloaded? If so please don't I might be just happy with 8 of the 12 hours for example.

Chromecast support will be great I am sure (once I am home again), the various RP mixes too, although I probably will use the box standard one mainly. But currently I want the old app back :- ( Sorry. Too hooked and reliant on RP since 10 years and I am happy to see that RP now runs in my car as well. RP is my music app of choice, in fact the only one I use.

PS Storage Location is a choice between primary and secondary storage - _both_ are 96.91 GB free... ? On a Oneplus 6T. App version 4.0.1.20.gp
 


 


Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next