[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Radio Paradise Comments - Coaxial - May 19, 2022 - 4:34am
 
Wordle - daily game - Coaxial - May 19, 2022 - 4:33am
 
What Did You Do Today? - miamizsun - May 19, 2022 - 4:08am
 
Brag about your stereo - miamizsun - May 19, 2022 - 4:03am
 
Trump - Steely_D - May 18, 2022 - 10:12pm
 
Things You Thought Today - Steely_D - May 18, 2022 - 7:36pm
 
Lyrics - primm - May 18, 2022 - 7:34pm
 
What Makes You Sad? - Coaxial - May 18, 2022 - 6:42pm
 
What is the meaning of this? - GeneP59 - May 18, 2022 - 4:45pm
 
NASA & other news from space - GeneP59 - May 18, 2022 - 4:37pm
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - GeneP59 - May 18, 2022 - 4:12pm
 
Online Radio Platforms - starcloud - May 18, 2022 - 2:48pm
 
Guided Meditation by Bill - thisbody - May 18, 2022 - 2:45pm
 
January 20th, 2005 ~ Boycott And Meditation Day - thisbody - May 18, 2022 - 2:34pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - miamizsun - May 18, 2022 - 1:55pm
 
Economix - thisbody - May 18, 2022 - 1:48pm
 
songs that ROCK! - thisbody - May 18, 2022 - 1:45pm
 
COVID-19 - miamizsun - May 18, 2022 - 1:33pm
 
Dialing 1-800-Manbird - miamizsun - May 18, 2022 - 11:18am
 
Japan - Red_Dragon - May 18, 2022 - 10:58am
 
Race in America - Red_Dragon - May 18, 2022 - 7:36am
 
Reccomended System or Powered Speakers - kurtster - May 18, 2022 - 1:27am
 
North Korea - Red_Dragon - May 17, 2022 - 9:07pm
 
Ukraine - kcar - May 17, 2022 - 8:03pm
 
Help Finding A Song - KurtfromLaQuinta - May 17, 2022 - 7:25pm
 
Today in History - thisbody - May 17, 2022 - 4:40pm
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - May 17, 2022 - 3:04pm
 
Live Music - thisbody - May 17, 2022 - 1:50pm
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - KurtfromLaQuinta - May 17, 2022 - 11:24am
 
"2000 Mules" movie purports to prove 2020 election was st... - rgio - May 17, 2022 - 7:02am
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - May 16, 2022 - 8:44pm
 
Buddy's Haven - oldviolin - May 16, 2022 - 6:31pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - May 16, 2022 - 6:18pm
 
Environment - Red_Dragon - May 16, 2022 - 4:42pm
 
RightWingNutZ - Red_Dragon - May 16, 2022 - 4:24pm
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - oldviolin - May 16, 2022 - 3:24pm
 
New Music - miamizsun - May 16, 2022 - 12:37pm
 
• • • Clownstock • • •  - oldviolin - May 16, 2022 - 10:17am
 
What the hell OV? - miamizsun - May 16, 2022 - 9:40am
 
Supreme Court Rulings - Red_Dragon - May 16, 2022 - 9:33am
 
Outstanding Covers - oldviolin - May 16, 2022 - 8:35am
 
Name My Band - oldviolin - May 16, 2022 - 6:26am
 
Watching My Mind Slip Away... - oldviolin - May 16, 2022 - 6:05am
 
Great Old Songs You Rarely Hear Anymore - Alchemist - May 15, 2022 - 10:12pm
 
TuneIn difficulties - KurtfromLaQuinta - May 15, 2022 - 7:02pm
 
Terrorist Watch! - Steely_D - May 15, 2022 - 5:17pm
 
Climate Change - Red_Dragon - May 15, 2022 - 1:31pm
 
Spain - Red_Dragon - May 15, 2022 - 11:04am
 
Get Your Godcast! - Red_Dragon - May 14, 2022 - 4:52pm
 
TV shows you watch - Red_Dragon - May 14, 2022 - 4:03pm
 
Republican Party - rgio - May 14, 2022 - 3:15pm
 
The Abortion Wars - Red_Dragon - May 14, 2022 - 2:20pm
 
Guns - Red_Dragon - May 14, 2022 - 2:08pm
 
Finland - Red_Dragon - May 14, 2022 - 11:28am
 
CRAZY Flooding Video! - Red_Dragon - May 14, 2022 - 7:35am
 
Bluesound MQA stream not working for me - Juancastilo - May 14, 2022 - 6:48am
 
Australia has Disappeared - Red_Dragon - May 14, 2022 - 6:07am
 
The Obituary Page - KurtfromLaQuinta - May 13, 2022 - 8:35pm
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - Antigone - May 13, 2022 - 5:25pm
 
Bad Poetry - oldviolin - May 13, 2022 - 8:04am
 
The Dragons' Roost - GeneP59 - May 13, 2022 - 7:15am
 
Women in the World - miamizsun - May 13, 2022 - 6:21am
 
2020 Elections - Red_Dragon - May 12, 2022 - 12:34pm
 
George Carlin - GeneP59 - May 12, 2022 - 7:35am
 
Stuff I've Said Out Loud - GeneP59 - May 12, 2022 - 7:25am
 
Flower Pictures - Proclivities - May 12, 2022 - 6:29am
 
What Did You See Today? - KurtfromLaQuinta - May 12, 2022 - 5:47am
 
Russia - miamizsun - May 12, 2022 - 4:36am
 
A motivational quote - Proclivities - May 11, 2022 - 2:01pm
 
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests - Antigone - May 11, 2022 - 5:36am
 
Whatever happened to Taco Wagon? - miamizsun - May 11, 2022 - 4:13am
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - haresfur - May 11, 2022 - 2:05am
 
Delicacies: a..k.a.. the Gross Food forum - miamizsun - May 10, 2022 - 2:42pm
 
Back to the 60's - R_P - May 10, 2022 - 1:34pm
 
do you Twitter? - Red_Dragon - May 10, 2022 - 12:52pm
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » Things You Thought Today Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8287, 8288, 8289  Next
Post to this Topic
Coaxial

Coaxial Avatar

Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles eas
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 2, 2022 - 9:57am

 Bill_J wrote:
 Coaxial wrote:

To celebrate I got my second booster today.{#Bounce}
I hope they don't fight with each other. Oh wait, I thought you said rooster. Sorry, my bad.
 
{#Drummer}
Bill_J

Bill_J Avatar



Posted: Apr 2, 2022 - 9:50am

 Coaxial wrote:

To celebrate I got my second booster today.
{#Bounce}


I hope they don't fight with each other. Oh wait, I thought you said rooster. Sorry, my bad.
Coaxial

Coaxial Avatar

Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles eas
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 2, 2022 - 9:43am

Steely_D wrote:
 Coaxial wrote:

To celebrate I got my second booster today.{#Bounce}
R.I.P.
 
{#Cheers}
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 2, 2022 - 9:33am

 Coaxial wrote:

To celebrate I got my second booster today.
{#Bounce}


R.I.P.
Coaxial

Coaxial Avatar

Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles eas
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 2, 2022 - 9:30am

 Steely_D wrote:
Wait - they deleted two days' worth of posts? It's a start.
 
To celebrate I got my second booster today.{#Bounce}
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 2, 2022 - 9:11am

Wait - they deleted two days' worth of posts? It's a start.
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 1, 2022 - 10:25pm

 oldviolin wrote:

You mean like, LIKE it on Facebook?


Pfft. That’s for the old people. Like it on the Gram, man.

Yes, I just assumed your gender.
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 1, 2022 - 8:49pm

 Steely_D wrote:
 oldviolin wrote:

Ok. But maybe it doesn't. Maybe you're slipping a little sarcasm in there because you can. I don't even have a problem with that. The fact that you don't really know me or my every need gets you a pass. I wish we could have met all those years ago. Both of us might have benefitted. I'm sure I could have. I take friendship personally...
Not me, man. My friendships are all impersonal. And I LIKE IT that way.
 
You mean like, LIKE it on Facebook?
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 1, 2022 - 8:44pm

 oldviolin wrote:

Ok. But maybe it doesn't. Maybe you're slipping a little sarcasm in there because you can. I don't even have a problem with that. The fact that you don't really know me or my every need gets you a pass. I wish we could have met all those years ago. Both of us might have benefitted. I'm sure I could have. I take friendship personally...


Not me, man. My friendships are all impersonal. And I LIKE IT that way.
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 1, 2022 - 7:07pm

 BlueHeronDruid wrote:
 oldviolin wrote:

LOL
Seriously though, I am glad RP fills your every need. 
 
Ok. But maybe it doesn't. Maybe you're slipping a little sarcasm in there because you can. I don't even have a problem with that. The fact that you don't really know me or my every need gets you a pass. I wish we could have met all those years ago. Both of us might have benefitted. I'm sure I could have. I take friendship personally...
BlueHeronDruid

BlueHeronDruid Avatar

Location: planting flowers


Posted: Apr 1, 2022 - 6:58pm

 oldviolin wrote:

LOL


Seriously though, I am glad RP fills your every need. 
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 1, 2022 - 6:55pm

 BlueHeronDruid wrote:
 oldviolin wrote:

Yes. The "old timers". I hear about them from time to time and the single thread days. Nostalgia is a strong emotion I know. All that doesn't change the fact that Bill never left them. They 
found something else to do or somewhere they would rather be. It's too bad all that longevity doesn't count for anything. Radio Paradise is still a great place in the grand scheme and in spite of differing opinions. I supported yesterday. I have no reservations or regrets...

 
LOL
BlueHeronDruid

BlueHeronDruid Avatar

Location: planting flowers


Posted: Apr 1, 2022 - 6:54pm

 oldviolin wrote:

Yes. The "old timers". I hear about them from time to time and the single thread days. Nostalgia is a strong emotion I know. All that doesn't change the fact that Bill never left them. They 
found something else to do or somewhere they would rather be. It's too bad all that longevity doesn't count for anything. Radio Paradise is still a great place in the grand scheme and in spite of differing opinions. I supported yesterday. I have no reservations or regrets...

Good for you! 

oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 1, 2022 - 6:48pm

 BlueHeronDruid wrote:
 oldviolin wrote:

As a proverbial outsider and frequent student of irony I find all the comings and goings and proclamations for the past, in my case 16 years, quite telling. I'm positive that BillG does indeed give a crap.
But yes and no. Why should he? He only tries to bring people together through the love and sharing of music. This has become a fairly "intolerant" forum, after all.  Barely significant in fact. At times embarrassing. There's plenty of "blame" to go around IMHO...

Twenty years ago, he sure did care. He even went set up meetups to get the word out, bringing people together. Those of us who remember the "single thread" days can see the difference. I listened and supported for 20 years. I am sad, but that's how it goes.
 
Yes. The "old timers". I hear about them from time to time and the single thread days. Nostalgia is a strong emotion I know. All that doesn't change the fact that Bill never left them. They 
found something else to do or somewhere they would rather be. It's too bad all that longevity doesn't count for anything. Radio Paradise is still a great place in the grand scheme and in spite of differing opinions. I supported yesterday. I have no reservations or regrets...
BlueHeronDruid

BlueHeronDruid Avatar

Location: planting flowers


Posted: Apr 1, 2022 - 4:44pm

 oldviolin wrote:

As a proverbial outsider and frequent student of irony I find all the comings and goings and proclamations for the past, in my case 16 years, quite telling. I'm positive that BillG does indeed give a crap.
But yes and no. Why should he? He only tries to bring people together through the love and sharing of music. This has become a fairly "intolerant" forum, after all.  Barely significant in fact. At times embarrassing. There's plenty of "blame" to go around IMHO...



Twenty years ago, he sure did care. He even went set up meetups to get the word out, bringing people together.

Those of us who remember the "single thread" days can see the difference.

I listened and supported for 20 years. I am sad, but that's how it goes.
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 1, 2022 - 4:02am

 kurtster wrote:

I strongly resemble this.

My load is getting very heavy lately and my grip seems to be weakening.

Battling apathy and loss to keep on trying and not give up.

New, our kitty seems to be gravely ill.
.

{#Meditate}



NoEnzLefttoSplit

NoEnzLefttoSplit Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 1, 2022 - 12:17am

I think the more apt analogy is when parasites end up killing their host.  
Works on many levels, and they just don't get it.
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 31, 2022 - 11:10pm

 Animal-Farm wrote:
Parallel Play is a good concept, you do your thing, I do my thing, keep an eye on each other and nothing but respect

You realize you're modeling yourself after the way only babies and toddlers behave, right? 

Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 31, 2022 - 11:08pm

 Animal-Farm wrote:
Reminds me of being at a kegger in the town forests and the kool kids are all whining over by the side about the other people there. High School, never ends...


Actually, it's more like a grown up party where the little kid comes down from upstairs and continuously bothers the guests with their inane stories and uninformed ideas about things they halfway understand, not realizing that there's an awful lot of eye-rolling and bemused tolerance going on. 

For a little while, and then it's incredibly annoying.

kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 31, 2022 - 10:46pm

 miamizsun wrote:
busy but trying to maintain my grip
 
I strongly resemble this.

My load is getting very heavy lately and my grip seems to be weakening.

Battling apathy and loss to keep on trying and not give up.

New, our kitty seems to be gravely ill.
.

{#Meditate}
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8287, 8288, 8289  Next