[ ]      [ ]   [ ]
The Pretenders — Back On The Chain Gang
Album: The Singles
Avg rating:
7.6

Your rating:
Total ratings: 2172









Released: 1981
Length: 3:45
Plays (last 30 days): 2
I found a picture of you, oh oh oh oh
What hijacked my world that night
To a place in the past
We've been cast out of? oh oh oh oh
Now we're back in the fight
We're back on the train
Oh, back on the chain gang

A circumstance beyond our control, oh oh oh oh
The phone, the tv and the news of the world
Got in the house like a pigeon from hell, oh oh oh oh
Threw sand in our eyes and descended like flies
Put us back on the train
Oh, back on the chain gang

The powers that be
That force us to live like we do
Bring me to my knees
When I see what they've done to you
But I'll die as I stand here today
Knowing that deep in my heart
They'll fall to ruin one day
For making us part

I found a picture of you, oh oh oh oh
Those were the happiest days of my life
Like a break in the battle was your part, oh oh oh oh
In the wretched life of a lonely heart
Now we're back on the train
Oh, back on the chain gang
Comments (327)add comment
 MJdub wrote:
I never liked such a heavy chorus effect on guitar.  It's the guitar equivalent of a de-tuned honky-tonk piano.
 
The chorus effect can be pretty annoying sometimes but I don't know if I'd compare it to a "de-tuned honky-tonk piano", maybe more of a electric keyboard effect.  It never bothered me much in this song, maybe because it was pretty common in the late '70s and early '80s. 
 Derecho wrote:


Ooo.



Ahh.



 
Indeed.
Love me some Chrissie Hynde
 Laptopdog wrote:
I don't care that it was overplayed on FM radio, it's still a great song, and I'm happy it is being played on RP!
 
Yeah, what he said!
Wonderful old tune. Thank you RP.
I don't care that it was overplayed on FM radio, it's still a great song, and I'm happy it is being played on RP!
It was over played for a very long time but now I don't think I have heard it for a very long time.  But I also hardly ever listen to over the air radio anymore.  That is why I am here.  Nice to hear again.
 aspicer wrote:
So over played for decades, I just can't hear it anymore...

 
Agreed
 aspicer wrote:
So over played for decades, I just can't hear it anymore...

 
Amen.
So over played for decades, I just can't hear it anymore...
Having been listening to RP off and on (mostly on the last few months) I gotta say this song's comments have the best Lazarus lines of all, plus some bio info; who knew he was a stripper! 
I for one really enjoyed this, reminds me of the movie "Cadence" with a very young Charlie Sheen, and the Sam Cooke  song "Chain Gang."
Sung by Chrissie Hynde also "il ballo del qua qua" could be an 8
 Proclivities wrote:

Frank Ifield?

 
I disagree, he sounded like a yodelling duck, or perhaps, loon.
 NoEnzLefttoSplit wrote:
Can anyone think of anyone else who manages to pull off a vibrato in a rock song without it sounding like some kind of strangled duck?

 
Frank Ifield?
My favorite punk princess!!!!!!       Rocksey on C!!!
                                        Top Secret Open Secret

                          In plenty people like you makes he his call.
                                          And,  so was his plan
 OceanBlue wrote:
Ahhhhh.... breathe in, breathe out.... good morning world

 
my feelings exactly, coffee and Chrissie go good together 
Ahhhhh.... breathe in, breathe out.... good morning world
 ScottishWillie wrote:
Hope you still enjoying this excellent song on whatever planet your currently inhabiting Lazarus!
 
Everybody in my galactic presidential campaigns loves this song...  we love sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll...  hope life is grand for you right this minute on the planet Earth, ScottishWillie...
 rascal wrote:
Bass line rocks 

 
Yes it does. I was thinking the same thing, but you beat me to it!
I never liked such a heavy chorus effect on guitar.  It's the guitar equivalent of a de-tuned honky-tonk piano.
 Lazarus wrote:

I was driving to work at a job I did not enjoy (to describe it euphemistically) when I heard this song on the car radio...  this song made me smile, and gave me a perspective that helped me endure that job as long as I had to...

soon afterwards, I became a professional stripper for drunk women, and life was grand from there on...

this song really cheered me up when I first heard it...  now it makes me smile every time I hear it...

I hope life is grand for you right now, treatment_bound... 

 
Hope you still enjoying this excellent song on whatever planet your currently inhabiting Lazarus!
Will never tire of this one. Outstanding.
Can anyone think of anyone else who manages to pull off a vibrato in a rock song without it sounding like some kind of strangled duck?
"ooh,  ah..."
 
Bass line rocks 
One of the most beautiful voices in rock, period.
Saw her play a few weeks ago in Santa Barbara, wasn't sure what to expect. Well lemme tell ya, she hasn't lost a beat. Her voice was flawless and just as strong as it was 30+ years ago. What a treat that show was.
Just heard Chrissie's solo work about an hour ago.

All good stuff.
Haven't listened to this one in a while.  Sounds good this morning in Northern Colorado!👍😁
C'mon Bill, play something from Pretenders that wasn't the same old hits, like anything from I and II albums except Message of Love, Brass In Pocket, or Kid.
I posted this in 2006.  I feel the same way today.  The song has aged well, indeed.

Chrissie Hynde gets to musical heaven for her beautiful singing of:

But I'll die as I stand here today
Knowing that deep in my heart
They'll fall to ruin one day
For making us part

 fredriley wrote:

Like yourself, this song immediately makes me think of wage-slavery, particularly on a Sunday when I'll have to drive to a caravan park to travel to my crappy job in the UK's crappiest city on Monday, for absolutely no point other than to get enough money to pay the bills. Like millions of other wage-slaves across the nation and the world.

Unlike yourself, at my advanced age, the stripper option isn't open (and probably never was), which is rather a shame :(
 
It is not easy for me to let women use me for my body...  I'm not getting any younger either...

hope life is grand for you right now in the middle of the week, fredriley...

still love this song as much as ever... 
Very, very over-played middle of the road music. This is the sort of music we all got tired of hearing on FM radio. No need to contaminate RP with it too.
 leafmold wrote:
As fresh and brilliant as it was all those years ago....

 

Yeah.  Timeless !

 
 Lazarus wrote:

I was driving to work at a job I did not enjoy (to describe it euphemistically) when I heard this song on the car radio...  this song made me smile, and gave me a perspective that helped me endure that job as long as I had to...

soon afterwards, I became a professional stripper for drunk women, and life was grand from there on...

this song really cheered me up when I first heard it...  now it makes me smile every time I hear it...

I hope life is grand for you right now, treatment_bound... 

 
Like yourself, this song immediately makes me think of wage-slavery, particularly on a Sunday when I'll have to drive to a caravan park to travel to my crappy job in the UK's crappiest city on Monday, for absolutely no point other than to get enough money to pay the bills. Like millions of other wage-slaves across the nation and the world.

Unlike yourself, at my advanced age, the stripper option isn't open (and probably never was), which is rather a shame :(


All of a sudden I had this image of chain gang of naked studly men moving to this song.


Jessssuzzzzz
 Lazarus wrote:

I was driving to work at a job I did not enjoy (to describe it euphemistically) when I heard this song on the car radio...  this song made me smile, and gave me a perspective that helped me endure that job as long as I had to...

soon afterwards, I became a professional stripper for drunk women, and life was grand from there on...

 

Laz., I just looked up Nov. 12, 1982, and found out it was a Friday.  So hopefully you had the weekend coming up to rest and also work on those abs for your impending "beefcake gig" as you first heard Chrissie's touching and everlasting song about the sad demise of her ace guitarist.


 treatment_bound wrote:
Lazarus, please describe in detail what happened in your day on Nov. 12, 1982.

I can't remember it very well my on my end, other than I had just gotten married, was living living in that notorious hell-hole known as Grand Forks, No. Dakota, and was most-likely looking for a better job.

 
I was driving to work at a job I did not enjoy (to describe it euphemistically) when I heard this song on the car radio...  this song made me smile, and gave me a perspective that helped me endure that job as long as I had to...

soon afterwards, I became a professional stripper for drunk women, and life was grand from there on...

this song really cheered me up when I first heard it...  now it makes me smile every time I hear it...

I hope life is grand for you right now, treatment_bound... 
 treatment_bound wrote:

I can't remember it very well my on my end, other than I had just gotten married, was living living in that notorious hell-hole known as Grand Forks, No. Dakota, and was most-likely looking for a better job.













 
Grand Forks ... I spent two years there, too. At least there was Whitey's Wonderbar across the river.
 tulfan wrote:

A great summary albeit with a tinge of sadness for me regarding the topic...

 
Agreed. This song is always bittersweet for me, having been a fan when James and Pete were still living.
 leafmold wrote:
As fresh and brilliant as it was all those years ago....

 
A great summary albeit with a tinge of sadness for me regarding the topic...
 leafmold wrote:
As fresh and brilliant as it was all those years ago....

 
Agreed
As fresh and brilliant as it was all those years ago....
 Lazarus wrote:

I remember the day this song was first released like it was last week...   

 
 
"Back on the Chain Gang"
Single by The Pretendersfrom the album Learning to Crawl
B-side"My City Was Gone
Released--November 12, 1982
Format 7", 12"
Recorded 20 July 1982, AIR Studios, London
GenreRock
Length3:51
LabelSire
Writer(s)Chrissie Hynde
Producer(s)Chris ThomasThe Pretenders


Lazarus, please describe in detail what happened in your day on Nov. 12, 1982.

I can't remember it very well my on my end, other than I had just gotten married, was living living in that notorious hell-hole known as Grand Forks, No. Dakota, and was most-likely looking for a better job.












 unclehud wrote:
NOT RELATED TO THE SONG

To comment on the PSD button:

I have used the button twice since I realized it was there -- six months ago, maybe?  One time was just to experiment; to see what happened when it was pushed.  The second was because I didn't want to listen to ... whatever it was.

And I felt bad about PSD'ing.  Not because of the "holistic" view of Bill's marvelous website, although he has a mean playlist, but because I feel that the PSD button (and its cultural equivalents outside RP) allow us to avoid all the little unpleasantries that are a part of life.

A society functions because all of its members must tolerate other people's (sometimes unpleasant) points of view.  Many, many so many of the world's problems are due to intolerance!  And I see the PSD button as an opportunity to be intolerant.

So what if I truly believe the 'Steve Nicks' version of Fleetwood Mac is nauseating?  Is it really so bad that I can't listen to ONE THREE-MINUTE SONG?  If I hit the PSD button, I am practicing intolerance, and I don't want to.

END OF OFF TOPIC RANT 

 

That may be true that I'm practicing "intolerance" with my frequent use of the PSD. BUT, I'm a "Button Pusher." If this was a car radio, I would be changing the station like some people click through the TV stations. I'm always listening for the ultimate favorite songs.

Besides I work the night shift, I need as few irritating things as possible and as many "stop what I"m doing, get up and dance songs" as I can find!
Memories.  Ahhhhh

I remember the day this song was first released like it was last week...  time flies when we're having fun...  love this song...
 

Everybody in my mushrooming multitude of churches be dancing buck ass naked all over the world like bowlegged gypsy muleskinners...  love this song soooo much...  love sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll...
 unclehud wrote:
NOT RELATED TO THE SONG

To comment on the PSD button:

I have used the button twice since I realized it was there -- six months ago, maybe?  One time was just to experiment; to see what happened when it was pushed.  The second was because I didn't want to listen to ... whatever it was.

And I felt bad about PSD'ing.  Not because of the "holistic" view of Bill's marvelous website, although he has a mean playlist, but because I feel that the PSD button (and its cultural equivalents outside RP) allow us to avoid all the little unpleasantries that are a part of life.

A society functions because all of its members must tolerate other people's (sometimes unpleasant) points of view.  Many, many so many of the world's problems are due to intolerance!  And I see the PSD button as an opportunity to be intolerant.

So what if I truly believe the 'Steve Nicks' version of Fleetwood Mac is nauseating?  Is it really so bad that I can't listen to ONE THREE-MINUTE SONG?  If I hit the PSD button, I am practicing intolerance, and I don't want to.

END OF OFF TOPIC RANT 

 
I generally agree with your opinion however I'd much prefer some to make extensive use of the PSD button rather than subject the rest of us to all the infantile "MAKE IT STOP!!!" or "SOMEBODY KILL ME NOW!!!" remarks.

By the way I periodically make use of this option myself and I don't feel any more guilty about it than those occasions where I choose to leave the peppers and onions off my cheesesteak. Sometimes I just don't want to taste them.
Pretenders. Boring. Zzzzzzzz. Please stop playing this drizzle.
I wish every radio broadcaster would give this song a 10 year break. Then I might appreciate it again. I'm so tired of hearing it.

There has to be other Pretender songs to play, isn't there? 


Ooo.



Ahh.



NOT RELATED TO THE SONG

To comment on the PSD button:

I have used the button twice since I realized it was there -- six months ago, maybe?  One time was just to experiment; to see what happened when it was pushed.  The second was because I didn't want to listen to ... whatever it was.

And I felt bad about PSD'ing.  Not because of the "holistic" view of Bill's marvelous website, although he has a mean playlist, but because I feel that the PSD button (and its cultural equivalents outside RP) allow us to avoid all the little unpleasantries that are a part of life.

A society functions because all of its members must tolerate other people's (sometimes unpleasant) points of view.  Many, many so many of the world's problems are due to intolerance!  And I see the PSD button as an opportunity to be intolerant.

So what if I truly believe the 'Steve Nicks' version of Fleetwood Mac is nauseating?  Is it really so bad that I can't listen to ONE THREE-MINUTE SONG?  If I hit the PSD button, I am practicing intolerance, and I don't want to.

END OF OFF TOPIC RANT 
This song is as comfortable as an old T-shirt, and always provides a welcome "break in the battle" as described in the lyrics.
 calypsus_1 wrote:

"PSD button" - Feedback

"PSD button" may initially seem like a good innovative idea, but analyzing best, I am not completely in agreement, because the programming of airplay in RP should be understood as a whole, and therein lies its greatest strength and expression, not to be tempted to distort, mutilate and subvert the "true spirit" of RP as conceived.
The purpose of the implementation of the "PSD button", may have the good intention of satisfying the various sensibilities of listeners simultaneously, but can detract - the receiver - and create a false sense of what is "the receiver" (the listener) that influences and modifies programming at your pleasure, when we know that is not, nor should it be.
For me, generally I do not use the "PSD button", do not even think to use it, because what really interests me is the global perspective programming, the expectation, the surprise factor,  the changes of pace, changes of style, and the conjunction, the "intertwining" of the songs together, but this is the true spirit RP Station. And it works, whether we like it more or less like, this or that moment of RP-airplay.
Is that the "PSD button" like be harmless, but as its use allows use private constantly by each receiver, I think the loser is the receiver.






 



There is no One True Playlist. If RP's a cool house party, PSD is just a way to move to a different room with different music.

God will not cast you out of Eden if you use the PSD button, and no salesmen will call at your door. 

No need to over-think this issue or my mixed metaphors. 




This song is brilliant— both lyrically and musically...  love it...
 
Some songs can't get overplayed.
Chrissie... {#Heartkiss}

I FOUND A PICTURE OF YOU, OH OH OH OH
WHAT HIJACKED MY WORLD THAT NIGHT
TO A PLACE IN THE PAST
WE'VE BEEN CAST OUT OF? OH OH OH OH
NOW WE'RE BACK IN THE FIGHT
WE'RE BACK ON THE TRAIN
OH, BACK ON THE CHAIN GANG

A CIRCUMSTANCE BEYOND OUR CONTROL, OH OH OH OH
THE PHONE, THE TV AND THE NEWS OF THE WORLD
GOT IN THE HOUSE LIKE A PIGEON FROM HELL, OH OH OH OH
THREW SAND IN OUR EYES AND DESCENDED LIKE FLIES
PUT US BACK ON THE TRAIN
OH, BACK ON THE CHAIN GANG

THE POWERS THAT BE
THAT FORCE US TO LIVE LIKE WE DO
BRING ME TO MY KNEES
WHEN I SEE WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO YOU
BUT I'LL DIE AS I STAND HERE TODAY
KNOWING THAT DEEP IN MY HEART
THEY'LL FALL TO RUIN ONE DAY
FOR MAKING US PART

I FOUND A PICTURE OF YOU, OH OH OH OH
THOSE WERE THE HAPPIEST DAYS OF MY LIFE
LIKE A BREAK IN THE BATTLE WAS YOUR PART, OH OH OH OH
IN THE WRETCHED LIFE OF A LONELY HEART
NOW WE'RE BACK ON THE TRAIN
OH, BACK ON THE CHAIN GANG



Some good news at last!—


Too-Big-to-Fail Takes Another Body Blow
by Matt Taibbi
RollingStone
May 1, 2013

Minds are changing on Too Big to Fail. A month ago, it was just something in the air. Now, it looks like we're headed for a real legislative confrontation. And man, is the finance sector freaking...


Love this song soooo much!!


You know, we've all heard this song a million times -- hell, maybe more than that -- but tonight the lyrics hit me very differently than they have  before.  Guess that means I really stopped listening to it 985,000 times ago, but this is a GREAT song.

Do I already have it at 10?  No?  Well, let's get that fixed, shall we?

Volume is wayyyy up...  love this song...

Everything Is Rigged: The Biggest Price-Fixing Scandal Ever
by Matt Taibbi
from RollingStone a few days ago

Conspiracy theorists of the world, believers in the hidden hands of the Rothschilds and the Masons and the Illuminati, we skeptics owe you an apology. You were right. The players may be a little different, but your basic premise is correct: The world is a rigged game. We found this out in recent months, when a series of related corruption stories spilled out of the financial sector, suggesting the world's largest banks may be fixing the prices of, well, just about everything.

You may have heard of the Libor scandal, in which at least three – and perhaps as many as 16 – of the name-brand too-big-to-fail banks have been manipulating global interest rates, in the process messing around with the prices of upward of $500 trillion (that's trillion, with a "t") worth of financial instruments. When that sprawling con burst into public view last year, it was easily the biggest financial scandal in history – MIT professor Andrew Lo even said it "dwarfs by orders of magnitude any financial scam in the history of markets."

That was bad enough, but now Libor may have a twin brother. Word has leaked out that the London-based firm ICAP, the world's largest broker of interest-rate swaps, is being investigated by American authorities for behavior that sounds eerily reminiscent of the Libor mess. Regulators are looking into whether or not a small group of brokers at ICAP may have worked with up to 15 of the world's largest banks to manipulate ISDAfix, a benchmark number used around the world to calculate the prices of interest-rate swaps...

 



Everybody in my church be dancing...  this is one of the best songs ever...  love it...  love Radio Paradise...

marvelous song...  love you, man...  you know it...  thanks for everything...
 
the way her vocals compliment the chord structure in this song is amazing, its like you can hear the emotions in both the guitar and the voice
btw this was an excellent set to listen to IMveryHO    
josh ritter
mazzy star 
neil young 
the pretenders
good stuff           
Certainly an unforgettable classic, thanks.

This could possibly be the best song that will ever be written and recorded in human history...  well, number two to John Lennon's Imagine...

love it...

 
 Sasha2001 wrote:

I would have to agree with that. Great hook, great lyrics, Chrissy's voice is amazing - it's as GOOD as the sum of it's parts.
 
Well said...  this song is awesome...
Chrissy oh Chrissy!!!!
 calypsus_1 wrote:

"PSD button" - Feedback

"PSD button" may initially seem like a good innovative idea, but analyzing best, I am not completely in agreement, because the programming of airplay in RP should be understood as a whole, and therein lies its greatest strength and expression, not to be tempted to distort, mutilate and subvert the "true spirit" of RP as conceived.
The purpose of the implementation of the "PSD button", may have the good intention of satisfying the various sensibilities of listeners simultaneously, but can detract - the receiver - and create a false sense of what is "the receiver" (the listener) that influences and modifies programming at your pleasure, when we know that is not, nor should it be.
For me, generally I do not use the "PSD button", do not even think to use it, because what really interests me is the global perspective programming, the expectation, the surprise factor,  the changes of pace, changes of style, and the conjunction, the "intertwining" of the songs together, but this is the true spirit RP Station. And it works, whether we like it more or less like, this or that moment of RP-airplay.
Is that the "PSD button" like be harmless, but as its use allows use private constantly by each receiver, I think the loser is the receiver.





 

However when it comes to music IMO, repitition is never good, repitition is never good, repitition is never good.........

"PSD button" - Feedback

"PSD button" may initially seem like a good innovative idea, but analyzing best, I am not completely in agreement, because the programming of airplay in RP should be understood as a whole, and therein lies its greatest strength and expression, not to be tempted to distort, mutilate and subvert the "true spirit" of RP as conceived.
The purpose of the implementation of the "PSD button", may have the good intention of satisfying the various sensibilities of listeners simultaneously, but can detract - the receiver - and create a false sense of what is "the receiver" (the listener) that influences and modifies programming at your pleasure, when we know that is not, nor should it be.
For me, generally I do not use the "PSD button", do not even think to use it, because what really interests me is the global perspective programming, the expectation, the surprise factor,  the changes of pace, changes of style, and the conjunction, the "intertwining" of the songs together, but this is the true spirit RP Station. And it works, whether we like it more or less like, this or that moment of RP-airplay.
Is that the "PSD button" like be harmless, but as its use allows use private constantly by each receiver, I think the loser is the receiver.





 romeotuma wrote:


This is one of the best songs in the history of humanity...  love this soooo much...  thank you...

 
 
I would have to agree with that. Great hook, great lyrics, Chrissy's voice is amazing - it's as GOOD as the sum of it's parts.

Wonderful song - Romeo is right!

How can it be already 30 years old?

Sounds 100% FRESH!

 

PS

Where are you, Chrissie?


PSD to the rescue. Wow right to Porcupine Tree (nice upgrade)


 cShaggy wrote:


..^ everyone in yr hotel room?..
 
haha - funny!
 romeotuma wrote:

This song is soooo good it makes us tear off our clothes and dance...
 
 



..^ everyone in yr hotel room?..

This song is soooo good it makes us tear off our clothes and dance...
 


This song is soooo good it puts a spring in my step this autumn night...

 


We be dancing...  love it...


 


love this song soooo much!
Huh! Ah! wonderful music!
Melancholy message with nice hooks and good base line.

Let a huge mark on me in the early 1980s...breaking up with a woman. 




This song is magnificent...  love it...

 
great song that was played to death on popular radio back in the day. even hearing it today makes me want to turn the dial. The Pretenders have a bunch of other good songs ya know.
Yet another great song from a great group.


This song is soooo good it puts a spring in my step this summer night...

 
 Stingray wrote:

What humanity...? You're talking America?
 
There is just no pleasure in life for you other than meanness...

love this song...

 
from a purely musical standpoint...this song makes me bonkers.  always has.  is it a lyrical masterpiece?  

there aren't too many songs that i just want to skip...instantly.
That guitar work from Billy Bremner still thrills 30 years on...
 romeotuma wrote:


This is one of the best songs in the history of humanity...  love this soooo much...  thank you...

 
 
What humanity...? You're talking America?
FANTA-S-TIC!
 Stingray wrote:


And I love anyone in your Hotel room, Tuna!
Even you!

 
it's tuMa


What memories from when this song was first released!  Love it!  WE BE DANCING...

 
 johnjconn wrote:


Come on,.,,,,
Better than "Sugar Sugar" by The Archies?
Better than "Kung Fu Fighting"?
That's saying a lot
 
Oh, yes, infinitely better...  far more profound lyrically, and we be dancing...  love this song...

 romeotuma wrote:


This is one of the best songs in the history of humanity...  love this soooo much...  thank you...

 
 

Come on,.,,,,
Better than "Sugar Sugar" by The Archies?
Better than "Kung Fu Fighting"?
That's saying a lot


absolutely marvelous...  love this song soooo much...

 
 Foot wrote:
Sorry, love the Pretenders but this track doesn't stand the test of time.  A rare RP song that I can completely do without...it's really bad 25-30 years after the fact.
 

I couldn't disagree more. 


This song is soooo good it puts a spring in my step this spring morning...

 
 ckcotton wrote:

Unfortunately still a daily staple of the local KFOG in San Francisco......

 
 
Man is that station ever an insult to its own former greatness.


This is one of the best songs in the history of humanity...  love this soooo much...  thank you...

 
I could do without ever hearing this song again.


marvelous song...  what memories...  love it...

 
 romeotuma wrote:


This song is soooo good my nipples get hard when I hear it...
 
 
I know what you mean I think I may be lactating
 sirdroseph wrote:


If you were alive in 1982 and listened to the radio at all, you have heard this song a million times. In the 80s and 90s, there were very few eclectic choices on the radio so if you listened to any commercial radio at all, you HAD to hear this song a million times or more. Now? Who knows? I have not disgraced the air that I breathe with any Clear channel station in 20 years or more so that may be the case now.
 
Unfortunately still a daily staple of the local KFOG in San Francisco......

 


This song is soooo good my nipples get hard when I hear it...
 

Just love everything about them. Chrissie Hynde and gang are no pretenders.
Sorry, love the Pretenders but this track doesn't stand the test of time.  A rare RP song that I can completely do without...it's really bad 25-30 years after the fact.
 Stingray wrote:


And I love anyone in your Hotel room, Tuna!
Even you!
 


There is just no pleasure in life for you other than meanness...  

love this song...


 

 catnip wrote:
Sometime in the 90s, Chrissie Hynde was interviewed, and ask to sum herself up in five words.

Her answer: One hell of a f***.

I'm glad that one's cleared up. 
 

LMAO and I bet she was glad to get it off her chest .....

 romeotuma wrote:

Everybody in my hotel room loves this song...


 
 

And I love anyone in your Hotel room, Tuna!
Even you!

This is some REAL-REAL music - aging Floyd Fans!
Sometime in the 90s, Chrissie Hynde was interviewed, and ask to sum herself up in five words.

Her answer: One hell of a f***.

I'm glad that one's cleared up. 

Everybody in my hotel room loves this song...


 


magnificent song...  love it...

 
 Andy_B wrote:
Still good for the ears (and feet,...tapping away,...beat on one, bass on the other).
 

I agree...  love this classic!
 
Still good for the ears (and feet,...tapping away,...beat on one, bass on the other).



love it!
 


I'll dance to this...

 


absolutely awesome...




This song is fantabulous...  love it...