[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix - Prodigal_SOB - Apr 20, 2021 - 12:30pm
 
Texas News - sirdroseph - Apr 20, 2021 - 12:11pm
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - sirdroseph - Apr 20, 2021 - 11:59am
 
Get the Money out of Politics! - R_P - Apr 20, 2021 - 11:43am
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Apr 20, 2021 - 11:19am
 
Looting & vandalism isn't protest - westslope - Apr 20, 2021 - 11:15am
 
Philosophy (Meaty Metaphysical Munchables!) - sirdroseph - Apr 20, 2021 - 10:40am
 
Songs you hear too often on RP - Ohmsen - Apr 20, 2021 - 10:39am
 
COVID-19 - black321 - Apr 20, 2021 - 10:13am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - black321 - Apr 20, 2021 - 9:52am
 
New Music - R_P - Apr 20, 2021 - 9:48am
 
Name My Band - Ohmsen - Apr 20, 2021 - 9:47am
 
What makes you smile? - ScottFromWyoming - Apr 20, 2021 - 9:37am
 
Things You Thought Today - GeneP59 - Apr 20, 2021 - 9:29am
 
Look what's going on in New York - ScottFromWyoming - Apr 20, 2021 - 9:28am
 
Those Lovable Policemen - sirdroseph - Apr 20, 2021 - 8:59am
 
Terrorist Watch! - sirdroseph - Apr 20, 2021 - 8:33am
 
Race in America - sirdroseph - Apr 20, 2021 - 5:41am
 
Thought For The Day - sirdroseph - Apr 20, 2021 - 5:02am
 
Automotive Lust - Manbird - Apr 19, 2021 - 9:31pm
 
When Ethnic Music travels to different Countries - Manbird - Apr 19, 2021 - 9:02pm
 
The forbidden music - Manbird - Apr 19, 2021 - 8:58pm
 
Is it wrong to not want to listen to music I don't unders... - Manbird - Apr 19, 2021 - 8:52pm
 
The Rpeeps Favorite Triangle player list - Manbird - Apr 19, 2021 - 8:45pm
 
music that makes you dance with big wavy gestures - Manbird - Apr 19, 2021 - 8:41pm
 
Electronic Music - Manbird - Apr 19, 2021 - 8:35pm
 
Listeners' Bands and Music Projects - Manbird - Apr 19, 2021 - 8:30pm
 
Long Songs - Manbird - Apr 19, 2021 - 8:21pm
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - geoff_morphini - Apr 19, 2021 - 6:41pm
 
Mars Exploration Rover Mission Status - miamizsun - Apr 19, 2021 - 4:00pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - haresfur - Apr 19, 2021 - 3:40pm
 
Rewind the Cache - ScottFromWyoming - Apr 19, 2021 - 11:37am
 
In My Room - Manbird - Apr 19, 2021 - 10:51am
 
Dialing 1-800-Manbird - Manbird - Apr 19, 2021 - 10:42am
 
Evolution! - R_P - Apr 19, 2021 - 10:31am
 
Russia - sirdroseph - Apr 19, 2021 - 8:54am
 
Afghanistan - R_P - Apr 19, 2021 - 8:43am
 
Tech & Science - miamizsun - Apr 19, 2021 - 7:48am
 
Movie Recommendation - rhahl - Apr 19, 2021 - 7:42am
 
Sweet horrible irony. - sirdroseph - Apr 19, 2021 - 6:31am
 
Biden's Lies - VV - Apr 19, 2021 - 6:26am
 
Media Bias - sirdroseph - Apr 19, 2021 - 5:12am
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - sirdroseph - Apr 19, 2021 - 3:35am
 
Air Travel Blues - Manbird - Apr 18, 2021 - 11:45pm
 
Immigration - haresfur - Apr 18, 2021 - 6:06pm
 
Crazy conspiracy theories - R_P - Apr 18, 2021 - 1:26pm
 
Today in History - GeneP59 - Apr 18, 2021 - 10:32am
 
Baseball, anyone? - GeneP59 - Apr 18, 2021 - 10:20am
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - oldviolin - Apr 17, 2021 - 7:15pm
 
Trump - westslope - Apr 17, 2021 - 3:47pm
 
Jazz - rhahl - Apr 17, 2021 - 1:15pm
 
Radiohead - R_P - Apr 17, 2021 - 10:25am
 
Vocabulary Quiz - rhahl - Apr 17, 2021 - 10:08am
 
The Netherlands - second - StefanFlos - Apr 17, 2021 - 8:46am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - pilgrim - Apr 17, 2021 - 7:45am
 
What the hell OV? - miamizsun - Apr 17, 2021 - 7:33am
 
Solar / Wind / Geothermal / Efficiency Energy - rhahl - Apr 17, 2021 - 7:19am
 
MQA Stream Coming to BLUOS - kd4ylq - Apr 17, 2021 - 7:02am
 
Those lovable acronym guys & gals - R_P - Apr 16, 2021 - 2:59pm
 
Outstanding Covers - rhahl - Apr 16, 2021 - 2:35pm
 
volcano! - KurtfromLaQuinta - Apr 16, 2021 - 12:15pm
 
RightWingNutZ - Red_Dragon - Apr 16, 2021 - 12:03pm
 
Amazing art - R_P - Apr 16, 2021 - 12:02pm
 
Guns - R_P - Apr 16, 2021 - 9:46am
 
what the hell, miamizsun? - oldviolin - Apr 16, 2021 - 9:30am
 
Ask an Atheist - black321 - Apr 16, 2021 - 9:25am
 
HALF A WORLD - oldviolin - Apr 16, 2021 - 9:22am
 
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing - oldviolin - Apr 16, 2021 - 8:33am
 
Ask the Libertarian - sirdroseph - Apr 16, 2021 - 8:33am
 
Be a Music Critic! - Proclivities - Apr 16, 2021 - 6:35am
 
• • •  What's For Dinner ? • • •  - GeneP59 - Apr 15, 2021 - 3:31pm
 
Magic Eye optical Illusions - KurtfromLaQuinta - Apr 15, 2021 - 2:14pm
 
Back to the 60's - KurtfromLaQuinta - Apr 15, 2021 - 1:57pm
 
Poetry Forum - oldviolin - Apr 15, 2021 - 9:49am
 
Bad Poetry - oldviolin - Apr 15, 2021 - 9:28am
 
Index » Regional/Local » USA/Canada » Race in America Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Post to this Topic
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 20, 2021 - 5:41am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 19, 2021 - 8:38am

All yall need to watch the full video, I am seeing comments that have nothing to do with the content of the video.
rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 19, 2021 - 8:33am

 kurtster wrote:

The man is deceased because he made the decision to resist being arrested and changed the dynamic of his encounter from orderly and procedural to chaotic and unpredictable.  No doubt he would still be alive if he had peacefully surrendered.

brah ...

Don't look now brah, but we agree on something.

His having a warrant nobody knew about has nothing to do with the interaction.
black321

black321 Avatar

Location: An earth without maps
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 19, 2021 - 8:28am

 kurtster wrote:

The man is deceased because he made the decision to resist being arrested and changed the dynamic of his encounter from orderly and procedural to chaotic and unpredictable.  No doubt he would still be alive if he had peacefully surrendered.

brah ...

To some extent i agree with your point, but here's the issue...the cops are doing a job, a stressful one, no doubt, but they should be trained for these situations. 
We don't know where the citizen's head is at...maybe he's a psychopathic killer, or maybe he had a really bad day, wife left him, dog died, parents died...he's not trained for that situation. Point is, you can't expect a citizen to act rationality when pulled over.
The cops job is to protect and serve...priority should be do no harm.  They took the job voluntarily, knowing the risks, knowing today they could have this encounter.
It was wrong for the citizen to run,
It is more wrong for a cop to escalate that wrong, especially with something lethal. 

kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 19, 2021 - 8:20am

 rgio wrote:
 sirdroseph wrote:

That is the argument of someone reaching for straws and denying the real problem.  Are you even interested in solving the black communities problems or arguing about the semantics of which warrant should be applied for this particular stop.  Which warrant?  Are these the questions we are asking?  In other words, thats weak sauce brah.

Are you really that clueless, or just trying to keep the conversation going? If you're suggesting "he's a bad kid and had it coming", then you're totally missing the point (as is the dude in the video).  The cop DID NOT KNOW of the other warrant.  It's not semantics, it's facts.   Your assumption in posting that video was "look, a black guy says he had it coming... the media needs to report the whole story".  NP...but then keep the story to the facts.  The 2nd warrant absolutely speaks to his character, but it doesn't have anything to do with him getting shot that night....brah.
 
The man is deceased because he made the decision to resist being arrested and changed the dynamic of his encounter from orderly and procedural to chaotic and unpredictable.  No doubt he would still be alive if he had peacefully surrendered.

brah ...
rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 19, 2021 - 8:04am

 sirdroseph wrote:

That is the argument of someone reaching for straws and denying the real problem.  Are you even interested in solving the black communities problems or arguing about the semantics of which warrant should be applied for this particular stop.  Which warrant?  Are these the questions we are asking?  In other words, thats weak sauce brah.

Are you really that clueless, or just trying to keep the conversation going?

If you're suggesting "he's a bad kid and had it coming", then you're totally missing the point (as is the dude in the video).  The cop DID NOT KNOW of the other warrant.  It's not semantics, it's facts.  

Your assumption in posting that video was "look, a black guy says he had it coming... the media needs to report the whole story".  NP...but then keep the story to the facts.  The 2nd warrant absolutely speaks to his character, but it doesn't have anything to do with him getting shot that night....brah.
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 19, 2021 - 7:44am

Say her name:
 
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 19, 2021 - 7:44am

 rgio wrote:
 sirdroseph wrote:

He has at one time or the other had 2 warrants against him at least. The one cited was not active, it was the other one.  Again, got it. (I heard you twice the first time, this is not making him a more sympathetic figure).

The process isn't about sympathy and unknowns...it's about guilt and the law.  A non-active warrant has NOTHING to do with what happened.  You can't complain that the media is pointing to the air freshener and ignoring his open warrant, while simultaneously citing the wrong warrant.   You either want factual reporting and opinions based on those facts or you are biased.  
 
That is the argument of someone reaching for straws and denying the real problem.  Are you even interested in solving the black communities problems or arguing about the semantics of which warrant should be applied for this particular stop.  Which warrant?  Are these the questions we are asking?  When you mistake the warrant because there are multiples, perhaps that points to the broader narrative we are trying to make?  In other words, thats weak sauce brah.
rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 19, 2021 - 7:13am

 sirdroseph wrote:

He has at one time or the other had 2 warrants against him at least. The one cited was not active, it was the other one.  Again, got it. (I heard you twice the first time, this is not making him a more sympathetic figure).

The process isn't about sympathy and unknowns...it's about guilt and the law.  A non-active warrant has NOTHING to do with what happened.  You can't complain that the media is pointing to the air freshener and ignoring his open warrant, while simultaneously citing the wrong warrant.  

You either want factual reporting and opinions based on those facts or you are biased.  

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 19, 2021 - 6:04am

 rgio wrote:
 sirdroseph wrote:

Oh ok, he has had at least 2 warrants against him and he cited the wrong one.  Got it.

No...it doesn't work that way.  He had 1. Got it?
 
He has at one time or the other had 2 warrants against him at least. The one cited was not active, it was the other one.  Again, got it. (I heard you twice the first time, this is not making him a more sympathetic figure).
rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 19, 2021 - 6:02am

 sirdroseph wrote:

Oh ok, he has had at least 2 warrants against him and he cited the wrong one.  Got it.

No...it doesn't work that way.  He had 1. Got it?

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 19, 2021 - 5:38am

 rgio wrote:
 sirdroseph wrote:
A bit of fact-checking on your morning video link carpet bombing... The warrant referenced in this video was NOT active when he was pulled-over, it was a different warrant for possession of a firearm without a permit and running away from an officer. I'm not suggesting this was a good kid and that he wasn't looking for trouble, but the primary assumption here is incorrect.   
 
Oh ok, he has had at least 2 warrants against him and he cited the wrong one.  Got it.
rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 19, 2021 - 5:27am

 sirdroseph wrote:


A bit of fact-checking on your morning video link carpet bombing...

The warrant referenced in this video was NOT active when he was pulled-over, it was a different warrant for possession of a firearm without a permit and running away from an officer.

I'm not suggesting this was a good kid and that he wasn't looking for trouble, but the primary assumption here is incorrect.   
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 19, 2021 - 4:48am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 19, 2021 - 3:26am

R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Apr 17, 2021 - 5:07pm

After a Year of Turmoil, Elite Universities Welcome More Diverse Freshman Classes
The aftermath of the George Floyd protests and a decreased reliance on standardized tests have led to more diverse admissions at elite universities.
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 16, 2021 - 7:04am

Here is a good one that kind of fell through the cracks somehow:
 
 
 
cc_rider

cc_rider Avatar

Location: Bastrop
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 15, 2021 - 12:56pm

 R_P wrote:
Rage Is the Only Language I Have Left
Society has become horribly desensitized to police killings of Black men.

I read that earlier and almost posted it. Thank you.
c.


R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Apr 15, 2021 - 12:34pm

Rage Is the Only Language I Have Left
Society has become horribly desensitized to police killings of Black men.
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 15, 2021 - 12:21pm

Fascinating look at what happened to BLM from the inside:
 
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57  Next