[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group - Coaxial - Aug 3, 2021 - 8:22pm
 
RightWingNutZ - Red_Dragon - Aug 3, 2021 - 7:09pm
 
What is the meaning of this? - Manbird - Aug 3, 2021 - 6:33pm
 
Gilligan Leaves This Island Earth - Manbird - Aug 3, 2021 - 6:32pm
 
songs that ROCK! - Manbird - Aug 3, 2021 - 6:01pm
 
Agents of TRUTH - Manbird - Aug 3, 2021 - 6:00pm
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - Manbird - Aug 3, 2021 - 5:55pm
 
COVID-19 - Red_Dragon - Aug 3, 2021 - 3:58pm
 
Great Old Songs You Rarely Hear Anymore - kcar - Aug 3, 2021 - 3:57pm
 
Would you drive this car for dating with ur girl? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Aug 3, 2021 - 2:25pm
 
What Did You See Today? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Aug 3, 2021 - 2:01pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - KurtfromLaQuinta - Aug 3, 2021 - 1:52pm
 
How fast can you run a mile - Manbird - Aug 3, 2021 - 1:44pm
 
Crucial History Questions - sirdroseph - Aug 3, 2021 - 10:39am
 
World Music - sirdroseph - Aug 3, 2021 - 10:34am
 
Bowie fans, check this out - sirdroseph - Aug 3, 2021 - 10:24am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - miamizsun - Aug 3, 2021 - 9:10am
 
Two questions. That's it. I promise. - oldviolin - Aug 3, 2021 - 9:08am
 
Breaking News - ScottFromWyoming - Aug 3, 2021 - 9:01am
 
Media Bias - sirdroseph - Aug 3, 2021 - 7:47am
 
Counting with Pictures - yuel - Aug 3, 2021 - 7:24am
 
Trump - Red_Dragon - Aug 3, 2021 - 5:15am
 
Sweet horrible irony. - sirdroseph - Aug 3, 2021 - 3:49am
 
The Military Industrial Complex - sirdroseph - Aug 3, 2021 - 3:41am
 
~ Have a good joke you can post? ~ - whatshisname - Aug 2, 2021 - 11:12pm
 
Carplay UI request - ncollingridge - Aug 2, 2021 - 7:51pm
 
Marijuana: Baked News. - oldviolin - Aug 2, 2021 - 6:24pm
 
Name My Band - oldviolin - Aug 2, 2021 - 6:13pm
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - haresfur - Aug 2, 2021 - 4:09pm
 
Little known information...maybe even facts - haresfur - Aug 2, 2021 - 3:58pm
 
ONE WORD - sneff - Aug 2, 2021 - 1:56pm
 
Back to the 70's - Steely_D - Aug 2, 2021 - 1:52pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - ScottFromWyoming - Aug 2, 2021 - 10:35am
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - oldviolin - Aug 2, 2021 - 9:25am
 
Today in History - Proclivities - Aug 2, 2021 - 9:06am
 
Things You Thought Today - sirdroseph - Aug 2, 2021 - 3:41am
 
Unrating solgs - Slartibastfast - Aug 2, 2021 - 2:45am
 
Republican Party - Red_Dragon - Aug 1, 2021 - 3:34pm
 
Insane-looking Lawyers - kcar - Aug 1, 2021 - 3:18pm
 
What's in a name? - Manbird - Jul 31, 2021 - 9:32pm
 
Floyd forum - Ohmsen - Jul 31, 2021 - 4:53pm
 
Live Concert Streams - Ohmsen - Jul 31, 2021 - 4:00pm
 
I swing therefore I am. - Ohmsen - Jul 31, 2021 - 2:40pm
 
Derplahoma! - Red_Dragon - Jul 31, 2021 - 12:14pm
 
That's good advice - sirdroseph - Jul 31, 2021 - 3:41am
 
Get the Quote - sirdroseph - Jul 31, 2021 - 3:23am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - halogen - Jul 30, 2021 - 2:22pm
 
New Music - sirdroseph - Jul 30, 2021 - 1:20pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - sirdroseph - Jul 30, 2021 - 9:42am
 
The Obituary Page - GeneP59 - Jul 30, 2021 - 9:39am
 
Health Care - miamizsun - Jul 30, 2021 - 6:55am
 
TV shows you watch - maryte - Jul 30, 2021 - 6:35am
 
Automotive Lust - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jul 30, 2021 - 6:21am
 
The Rpeeps Favorite Guitarists Thread - sirdroseph - Jul 30, 2021 - 4:49am
 
ISO Android app usage guide - kbs - Jul 30, 2021 - 3:45am
 
Surfing! - whatshisname - Jul 29, 2021 - 11:14pm
 
Zappa - black321 - Jul 29, 2021 - 1:56pm
 
Environment - R_P - Jul 29, 2021 - 1:40pm
 
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix - black321 - Jul 29, 2021 - 12:46pm
 
Race in America - R_P - Jul 29, 2021 - 11:46am
 
Hot Dog... it's Summer! - Proclivities - Jul 29, 2021 - 10:54am
 
Music documentaries - Ohmsen - Jul 29, 2021 - 10:02am
 
Capitalism and Consumerism... now what? - black321 - Jul 29, 2021 - 8:47am
 
Philosophy (Meaty Metaphysical Munchables!) - sirdroseph - Jul 29, 2021 - 7:57am
 
Celebrity Deaths - _Bruce_ - Jul 28, 2021 - 3:51pm
 
Tech & Science - Red_Dragon - Jul 28, 2021 - 3:42pm
 
What did you have for lunch? - oldviolin - Jul 28, 2021 - 1:32pm
 
Live Music - R_P - Jul 28, 2021 - 12:42pm
 
how do you feel right now? - Antigone - Jul 28, 2021 - 8:22am
 
The Chomsky / Zinn Reader - rhahl - Jul 28, 2021 - 6:32am
 
Poetry Forum - ScottN - Jul 28, 2021 - 6:09am
 
Living in America - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jul 27, 2021 - 11:04pm
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - oldviolin - Jul 27, 2021 - 8:35pm
 
Photos you have taken of your walks or hikes. - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 27, 2021 - 4:47pm
 
HALF A WORLD - Ohmsen - Jul 27, 2021 - 3:48pm
 
Index » Regional/Local » USA/Canada » Media Bias Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Post to this Topic
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 3, 2021 - 7:47am

ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 2, 2021 - 9:14am

 Manbird wrote:


Hmm. One of them colors her newsy information and stories with face palms, roll eyes, yeah rights and does little to couch her liberal fun time get-together hour as hard news and the other is a mechanical flat out lying disinformation machine who wants to present his propaganda as cold hard news - and wants to manipulate people who don't know better.  Has Maddow ever flat out lied? I'll bet she has but if you count the lies they both have told (in the manner that they counted Trump's lies over the years) there really is no comparison, IMHO.


Correcto
westslope

westslope Avatar

Location: BC sage brush steppe


Posted: Aug 2, 2021 - 9:04am

 Lazy8 wrote:
I abhor Rachel Maddow's style of yellow journalism.

Demonizing Russia in the post-Soviet period has to be one of the dumbest, stupidest, most strategically dangerous things that Americans have done in the post-war period. 

Note I said "Americans".   Republicans, Democrats, others, I see no difference.  

Lazy8

Lazy8 Avatar

Location: The Gallatin Valley of Montana
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 2, 2021 - 8:28am

 sirdroseph wrote:
If and when we do have a true mass deadly indiscriminate pandemic one that hospitalizes every demographic at a high rate regardless of health and age, one that the massive effects were indisputable and permeated our lives wholly, one that a complete societal shutdown is actually commensurate with the danger posed ala Ebola, Bubonic Plague or some disease like that, there will be very little or no politics or arguments on policy.  There will only be survival and terror and we will all be lined up in the streets begging for vaccines, I assure you.  

Why does it have to be that bad before we abandon superstition? At what point is it more advantageous to politicians to actually serve their constituents rather than exploit and promote scientific illiteracy?

613,000 deaths wasn't enough. Running out of ICU beds wasn't enough. Running out of places to put the bodies wasn't enough

What will be? What's the threshold?

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 2, 2021 - 5:36am

If and when we do have a true mass deadly indiscriminate pandemic one that hospitalizes every demographic at a high rate regardless of health and age, one that the massive effects were indisputable and permeated our lives wholly, one that a complete societal shutdown is actually commensurate with the danger posed ala Ebola, Bubonic Plague or some disease like that, there will be very little or no politics or arguments on policy.  There will only be survival and terror and we will all be lined up in the streets begging for vaccines, I assure you.{#Eek}
 
 
 
 
 
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 24, 2021 - 5:16am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 13, 2021 - 4:44am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 5, 2021 - 8:39am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 23, 2021 - 3:25am

 black321 wrote:
 Steely_D wrote:


So many words. All of it boiling down to "doesn't it make you wonder..." which is a horrible platform to build your philosophies on.


What i got out of it was, politicians, fauci, medical professional leaders (e.g. various bureacrats) manipulated and often lied for various reasons, some good and some bad.
Initially they lied about masks to preserve PPE. It didnt take a genius to understand even in the beginning a mask was a good idea.
I don't recall any initial lies or manipulation around the lab v. nature argument, but once the GOP whackjobs starting using the lab theory as ammunition against Ghina, the freaks on the left would never admit it was lab based, purely for political reasons, and shut down the whole argument, without anything to back it up.  Gotta stick with your team!
All this does beg the question, as per the video, what also are they misleading us about? 
The above examples were all pretty obvious, so I dont think we need to think too hard to figure what else.  
Still, all this subterfuge, which eventually always gets out, makes the naive question the establishment, and adds to the antivaxx movement.
You get what you deserve. 
 
You get it.{#Yes}
haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 5:14pm

 Steely_D wrote:

Back in the days when her Friday show ended with bar keeping ideas, I use to lurve Rachel. After a while it became obvious that she had an hour to fill, and would build things up to make that happen. Stopped watching her many years ago.





Yeah, I hate that kind of commentary show and podcasts that spin shit out forever rather than getting to a simple and clear point. Cocktails are a much better way to fill time. And I would love it if they all were held accountable to use appropriate disclaimers or at least waffle-words like "suggests" and "might lead you to believe"
black321

black321 Avatar

Location: An earth without maps
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 2:36pm

 Steely_D wrote:


So many words. All of it boiling down to "doesn't it make you wonder..." which is a horrible platform to build your philosophies on.


What i got out of it was, politicians, fauci, medical professional leaders (e.g. various bureacrats) manipulated and often lied for various reasons, some good and some bad.
Initially they lied about masks to preserve PPE. It didnt take a genius to understand even in the beginning a mask was a good idea.
I don't recall any initial lies or manipulation around the lab v. nature argument, but once the GOP whackjobs starting using the lab theory as ammunition against Ghina, the freaks on the left would never admit it was lab based, purely for political reasons, and shut down the whole argument, without anything to back it up.  Gotta stick with your team!
All this does beg the question, as per the video, what also are they misleading us about? 
The above examples were all pretty obvious, so I dont think we need to think too hard to figure what else.  
Still, all this subterfuge, which eventually always gets out, makes the naive question the establishment, and adds to the antivaxx movement.
You get what you deserve. 
Manbird

Manbird Avatar

Location: Owl Creek Bridge
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 2:12pm

 Lazy8 wrote:

Hmm. One of them colors her newsy information and stories with face palms, roll eyes, yeah rights and does little to couch her liberal fun time get-together hour as hard news and the other is a mechanical flat out lying disinformation machine who wants to present his propaganda as cold hard news - and wants to manipulate people who don't know better.  Has Maddow ever flat out lied? I'll bet she has but if you count the lies they both have told (in the manner that they counted Trump's lies over the years) there really is no comparison, IMHO.
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 1:51pm

 Lazy8 wrote:
Back in the days when her Friday show ended with bar keeping ideas, I use to lurve Rachel. After a while it became obvious that she had an hour to fill, and would build things up to make that happen. Stopped watching her many years ago.



Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 1:49pm

 sirdroseph wrote:


So many words. All of it boiling down to "doesn't it make you wonder..." which is a horrible platform to build your philosophies on.
Lazy8

Lazy8 Avatar

Location: The Gallatin Valley of Montana
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 1:11pm

What do Tucker Carlson and Rachel Maddow have in common?
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 17, 2021 - 4:50am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 15, 2021 - 4:26am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 11, 2021 - 4:55am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 9, 2021 - 4:07am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 19, 2021 - 5:12am

This is very odd.  Why all of the sudden in this particular case are they doing their jobs proper and making sense.  Is it because the victim wasn't black?? Well it least it shows that they have the ability for unbiased truth based reporting. They can do it when they want to.
 
 
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87  Next