[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Name My Band - Coaxial - Jan 18, 2021 - 10:07pm
 
What The Hell Buddy? - Coaxial - Jan 18, 2021 - 9:50pm
 
Freedom of speech? - Coaxial - Jan 18, 2021 - 9:47pm
 
Live Music - R_P - Jan 18, 2021 - 7:44pm
 
Capital Punishment - R_P - Jan 18, 2021 - 5:19pm
 
What makes you smile? - Antigone - Jan 18, 2021 - 3:49pm
 
Trump - R_P - Jan 18, 2021 - 2:32pm
 
Google Docs (Docs, Spreadsheets, etc) - rgio - Jan 18, 2021 - 2:10pm
 
The death penalty on trial? - black321 - Jan 18, 2021 - 1:06pm
 
Things You Thought Today - oldviolin - Jan 18, 2021 - 10:41am
 
What did you have for dinner? - Antigone - Jan 18, 2021 - 10:27am
 
Fox Spews - rgio - Jan 18, 2021 - 8:49am
 
Language - rhahl - Jan 18, 2021 - 7:35am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - Coaxial - Jan 18, 2021 - 7:29am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - ColdMiser - Jan 18, 2021 - 7:12am
 
Liberal please, - rhahl - Jan 18, 2021 - 6:57am
 
Counting with Pictures - yuel - Jan 18, 2021 - 6:47am
 
COVID-19 - R_P - Jan 17, 2021 - 6:53pm
 
honk if you think manbird and OV are one and the same ent... - oldviolin - Jan 17, 2021 - 2:59pm
 
Jam! - rhahl - Jan 17, 2021 - 1:10pm
 
A motivational quote - kurtster - Jan 17, 2021 - 11:41am
 
Regarding dogs - rhahl - Jan 17, 2021 - 11:10am
 
The Obituary Page - rgio - Jan 17, 2021 - 9:48am
 
Social Media Are Changing Everything - black321 - Jan 17, 2021 - 7:37am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Jan 17, 2021 - 7:36am
 
Best movies ever? - rhahl - Jan 17, 2021 - 3:41am
 
Breaking News - kurtster - Jan 16, 2021 - 4:37pm
 
Automotive Lust - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jan 16, 2021 - 4:28pm
 
Trump Lies - ScottN - Jan 16, 2021 - 12:05pm
 
Outstanding Covers - R_P - Jan 16, 2021 - 11:48am
 
What Are You Going To Do Today? - miamizsun - Jan 16, 2021 - 5:54am
 
Vocabulary Quiz - rhahl - Jan 16, 2021 - 5:31am
 
Flim Festivals on Now - rhahl - Jan 16, 2021 - 3:59am
 
2020 Elections - haresfur - Jan 15, 2021 - 8:44pm
 
Baby words that stuck in your family - Manbird - Jan 15, 2021 - 8:06pm
 
Our tolerance for opposing views - Isabeau - Jan 15, 2021 - 2:14pm
 
What is the meaning of this? - Isabeau - Jan 15, 2021 - 2:00pm
 
Climate Change - R_P - Jan 15, 2021 - 12:47pm
 
what the hell, miamizsun? - oldviolin - Jan 15, 2021 - 10:20am
 
What the hell OV? - miamizsun - Jan 15, 2021 - 9:51am
 
Physics questions - oldviolin - Jan 15, 2021 - 8:56am
 
Classical Music - rhahl - Jan 15, 2021 - 6:48am
 
Capitalism and Consumerism... now what? - miamizsun - Jan 15, 2021 - 6:10am
 
RightWingNutZ - Red_Dragon - Jan 15, 2021 - 5:55am
 
Back to the 10's - rhahl - Jan 15, 2021 - 5:37am
 
Museum Of Bad Album Covers - Proclivities - Jan 15, 2021 - 4:58am
 
Twitter's finest moment - Jiggz - Jan 15, 2021 - 1:28am
 
Country Up The Bumpkin - oldviolin - Jan 14, 2021 - 8:14pm
 
In My Room - oldviolin - Jan 14, 2021 - 7:58pm
 
Looting & vandalism isn't protest - R_P - Jan 14, 2021 - 5:25pm
 
Insane-looking Lawyers - rhahl - Jan 14, 2021 - 4:14pm
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jan 14, 2021 - 2:54pm
 
Joe Biden - black321 - Jan 14, 2021 - 2:07pm
 
Race in America - sirdroseph - Jan 14, 2021 - 12:32pm
 
New Music - R_P - Jan 14, 2021 - 12:11pm
 
hallucinogenic drugs - sirdroseph - Jan 14, 2021 - 11:09am
 
Back to the 90's - rgio - Jan 14, 2021 - 7:47am
 
Concept Albums - oldviolin - Jan 14, 2021 - 7:34am
 
Democratic Party - kurtster - Jan 14, 2021 - 6:17am
 
Biden Crime Family - westslope - Jan 13, 2021 - 6:59pm
 
2 questions. - miamizsun - Jan 13, 2021 - 5:30pm
 
Australia has Disappeared - haresfur - Jan 13, 2021 - 5:12pm
 
Impeachment Time: - R_P - Jan 13, 2021 - 2:49pm
 
Back to the 60's - kcar - Jan 13, 2021 - 2:45pm
 
Oh, The Stupidity - R_P - Jan 13, 2021 - 2:16pm
 
Know your memes - black321 - Jan 13, 2021 - 12:02pm
 
Republican Party - miamizsun - Jan 13, 2021 - 10:53am
 
The Global War on Terror - westslope - Jan 13, 2021 - 9:36am
 
Great guitar faces - yuel - Jan 13, 2021 - 6:37am
 
DQ (as in 'Daily Quote') - miamizsun - Jan 13, 2021 - 4:41am
 
• • • Poopoo • • • - miamizsun - Jan 13, 2021 - 4:15am
 
Those Lovable Policemen - haresfur - Jan 12, 2021 - 5:26pm
 
Military Matters - Ohmsen - Jan 12, 2021 - 2:00pm
 
Dear Retail Fashion Industry - Ohmsen - Jan 12, 2021 - 1:30pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - R_P - Jan 12, 2021 - 10:30am
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » Trump Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 968, 969, 970  Next
Post to this Topic
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 2:32pm

 kurtster wrote:
Nor would I by choice.  That is however, how everyone thinks of me and treats me here on this particular subject.

You just did.

I am the Trump by proxy, punching bag, right ?

So I must act accordingly, right ?
 
No, my suggestion is that you usually don't like certain people to be taken as proxies for (all) Trump voters. And yet now there is the allure of speaking for 74 million...

Everyone says you're crazy/racist, so you are just going to act accordingly. Makes perfect sense.
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 2:18pm

 R_P wrote:
Mostly for myself. I wouldn't be so arrogant/dumb as to pretend to be an (expedient/convenient) proxy for tens of millions.
 
Nor would I by choice.  That is however, how everyone thinks of me and treats me here on this particular subject.

You just did.

I am the Trump by proxy, punching bag, right ?

So I must act accordingly, right ?

Now I really need to go wash my hairs ... bye
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 2:13pm

 kurtster wrote:
And so exactly who do you speak for again ?

Mostly for myself. I wouldn't be so arrogant/dumb as to pretend to be an (expedient/convenient) proxy for tens of millions.
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 2:12pm

  rgio wrote: 
If specific orders are required, no mobster ever killed anyone.   
  
Oh, like how certain IRS agents went "rogue" on the Tea Party on their own initiative ...

rgio wrote:


No doubt you will cite his use of "peacefully" in his defense. But after two months of bizarre conspiracy theories, constant presidential complaints about a stolen election, declarations that conceding Biden's victory is not an option, and repeated warnings that the fate of the nation hangs in the balance, that is more weight than a single adverb can bear.

 
Yes, I will address that.  You'll just have to wait.  It ain't over yet.  We've got 25k troops in DC.

When Trump gets on the plane and leaves and the troops go home, then there will be something to talk about.

I have to go wash both of the hairs on my head now.   later ...
rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 1:48pm



 kurtster wrote:
and for all of you who are so god damned interested in what I think about the election and the subsequent attack on the Capitol other than what I have already said ... I have been waiting for all of the dust to settle and for Trump to leave and Biden to take over.  I have some thoughts and will share them for those who insist, even though you all really don't want to hear what they are.  You all just want to be able to say something about how crazy I am so you can all keep going with your posing and virtue signaling to boost your status with your peers here.

In the meantime, someone tell me exactly how Trump gave orders to attack the Capitol.  What exactly did he say ?  He was impeached over it after all, so you must know what it is, cuz I sure don't.
 
If specific orders are required, no mobster ever killed anyone.  

The one thing I think we can all agree is that he's the President of the United States.  His words matter.  He talks all the time, and knows how to get the reaction he wants.  I would suggest there are 4 timeframes to consider....the build up, the speech, the break-in, and details since.

Leading up to Jan 6


Dec. 19 - “Big protest in D.C. on January 6th,”  “Be there, will be wild!”


Dec. 27: “See you in Washington, DC, on January 6th. Don’t miss it. Information to follow.”

Dec. 30: “JANUARY SIXTH, SEE YOU IN DC!”

Jan. 1: “The BIG Protest Rally in Washington, D.C. will take place at 11:00 A.M. on January 6th. Locational details to follow. StopTheSteal!”

That same day, a supporter misspelled the word “cavalry” in tweeting that “The calvary is coming, Mr. President!”   Mr. Trump responded: “A great honor!”



The Speech
We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.

To use a favorite term that all of you people really came up with, we will stop the steal…. We will not let them silence your voices.

The Republicans have to get tougher. You’re not going to have a Republican party if you don’t get tougher.

We’re going to have somebody in there that should not be in there and our country will be destroyed, and we’re not going to stand for that.

We will never give up. We will never concede, it doesn’t happen. You don’t concede when there’s theft involved.


We’re not going to let it happen. Not going to let it happen.

Together we are determined to defend and preserve the government
of the people, by the people, and for the people.

The Break-in
Mike Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!

No response to repeated requests for something to calm the crowds.  Refusal to send in the National Guard at Mike Pence's and other people's request.



After/Since



After his half-hearted video (which he took down) saying he "loved" them, Nothing.  One more video to cover his ass.

More interesting, if you ask the people who are being arrested, they are saying they were there at the direction of the President.  "We were sent here by Trump" can be heard by those invading the Capital.  For whatever reason, you seem to be one of the few dogs who couldn't hear the whistle?



The President of the US told people to come "fight for their stolen election".  They brought guns.  They brought pipe bombs.  They brought mace and bear spray.  They brought zip ties.  If I say somebody should "fight to prevent our rights being stolen"....who cares.  If the President says it, then he'd better have facts and expect at least a few people to take him seriously.  Did he actually say "break into the capital"...no, not directly...but when his last great hope to stop the installation of the next President failed, and the guy he was depending on failed to show the courage necessary, who was supposed to step up and defend our great nation from the deep state dems stealing the country?

No doubt you will cite his use of "peacefully" in his defense. But after two months of bizarre conspiracy theories, constant presidential complaints about a stolen election, declarations that conceding Biden's victory is not an option, and repeated warnings that the fate of the nation hangs in the balance, that is more weight than a single adverb can bear.



kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 1:33pm

 R_P wrote:
 kurtster wrote:
I have to be careful because I am by proxy speaking for 75 million people, right ?
 
You mean like this guy?
 
And so exactly who do you speak for again ?

Don't bother answering, I already know the answer ...

 
.
{#Cowboy}
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 1:31pm

 kurtster wrote:
I have to be careful because I am by proxy speaking for 75 million people, right ?
 
You mean like this guy?
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 1:23pm

 black321 wrote:

pss, the waiting till...bit sounds like a trumpism.

 
No, I want to have it over with the transfer of power which so many have said would never happen and have all the facts in front of me before I put it out there for ridicule.  I want to say it just once and be done with it.  I don't want to discuss it afterwards either.

I can already predict the responses:

Wow, just wow, and ... but her emails

Crazy logic

It's the deep state (which doesn't exist), right ?

the polyannish self righteous fence sitting position that I am not fit to be here

and of course ... TLDR

I have to be careful because I am by proxy speaking for 75 million people, right ?

So in good time.  It will be long and comprehensive, because again, I'm only going to say it once.

in the meantime, I have some vinyl that needs my attention.

Later.  Peace, out.

ps, I do give you credit for your willingness to consider more than one POV, unlike most others here.
black321

black321 Avatar

Location: An earth without maps
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 12:53pm



 kurtster wrote:
and for all of you who are so god damned interested in what I think about the election and the subsequent attack on the Capitol other than what I have already said ... I have been waiting for all of the dust to settle and for Trump to leave and Biden to take over.  I have some thoughts and will share them for those who insist, even though you all really don't want to hear what they are.  You all just want to be able to say something about how crazy I am so you can all keep going with your posing and virtue signaling to boost your status with your peers here.

In the meantime, someone tell me exactly how Trump gave orders to attack the Capitol.  What exactly did he say ?  He was impeached over it after all, so you must know what it is, cuz I sure don't.
 

i dont think you are crazy, or even lack principles.
just don't agree with much of your political views.
but i think we could all benefit from justice Scalia's words:

“I attack ideas, I don’t attack people - and some very good people have some very bad ideas.”

ps, it's pretty obvious what trump did wrong, or to play the comparison game,  what many democrat politicians did wrong in response to the BLM riots...

pss, the waiting till...bit sounds like a trumpism.

kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 12:46pm

and for all of you who are so god damned interested in what I think about the election and the subsequent attack on the Capitol other than what I have already said ... I have been waiting for all of the dust to settle and for Trump to leave and Biden to take over.  I have some thoughts and will share them for those who insist, even though you all really don't want to hear what they are.  You all just want to be able to say something about how crazy I am so you can all keep going with your posing and virtue signaling to boost your status with your peers here.

In the meantime, someone tell me exactly how Trump gave orders to attack the Capitol.  What exactly did he say ?  He was impeached over it after all, so you must know what it is, cuz I sure don't.
black321

black321 Avatar

Location: An earth without maps
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 12:37pm



 kurtster wrote:
 
Isn't the fact that trump was there, spreading a lie, proof enough?
not to get into his reaction/lack of reaction while it was occurring and thereafter.

black321

black321 Avatar

Location: An earth without maps
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 12:36pm



 rgio wrote:


 kurtster wrote:
Ah yes. Now I recall. You summarily dismissed everything I mentioned and went to an entirely different direction and came back with questions designed to avoid you addressing my statement. It was about the systematic censorship by the cabal I outlined in my statement. And I did say "imho".

It wasn't about Trump. You tried to change the subject to deflect and make it about Trump. You would not even say if you disagreed and why.

That is why I gave it a low priority for a response. Now if you would like to actually respond to my post then we can move on to your concerns.

And yes, there was a question, btw ... Remember when the NWO was dismissed as some wild conspiracy theory, anyone ?
 
Kurt, you don't have to keep dancing.  I surrender.   You tell me the link doesn't work and goes to another discussion, then you copy/paste the details from the other thread?   You tell me to answer your question, but you don't ask one.  You made a statement, I asked you questions.

It appears that you'll never actually admit that Trump lost.  It's OK.

You have proven to be an amazing study in the power of conspiracy and equivalency.  Moral equivalency is the most amazing thing about the last 4 years.  Everything is Ok because somebody else did something wrong too.   Incite violence in the capital....well look at what people did in Portland.  The BLM riots grew out of the documented, statistically proven fact that black Americans die at spectacularly high rates when law enforcement is involved.  The riots were wrong, but it didn't help that the racist President did nothing to calm the situation.  Republican's want unity?  How quickly we forget.  The President directed his angry followers to interrupt our constitutional democracy and then targeted his own VP when he wouldn't break with the Constitution.  Trump now has the country on alert for domestic terrorism because he won't say what you won't say...he lost the election.  It was humorous for a while...but people are dying because he won't admit he lost.  Why should he, when idiots will spend years in jail for him and defend his actions as something akin to a protest march.  Nothing over the past year approaches January 6.  

In 50 years, kids in America will shake their heads and ask teachers "so why did people believe all of the lies the President told"?  Trump's fascination with "powerful men" will land him on the list of historically inept leaders, and will forever link him with Stalin, Hitler, the Kim's, Pinochet and Amin.    History will answer all of the questions you dance around and will question your integrity, judgment and patriotism along with Trumps.  Congrats...you're part of a gang future generations will spend centuries attempting to understand.
 

Agreed.
As for the NWO/cabal bit...the NWO is regurgitating the OWO that never left us...meaning those with power and $ want more power and $.
Doesn't matter your party affiliation, left or right, or whether you are an "insider" or "outsider"
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 12:33pm

 rgio wrote:


 kurtster wrote:
Ah yes. Now I recall. You summarily dismissed everything I mentioned and went to an entirely different direction and came back with questions designed to avoid you addressing my statement. It was about the systematic censorship by the cabal I outlined in my statement. And I did say "imho".

It wasn't about Trump. You tried to change the subject to deflect and make it about Trump. You would not even say if you disagreed and why.

That is why I gave it a low priority for a response. Now if you would like to actually respond to my post then we can move on to your concerns.

And yes, there was a question, btw ... Remember when the NWO was dismissed as some wild conspiracy theory, anyone ?
 
Kurt, you don't have to keep dancing.  I surrender.   You tell me the link doesn't work and goes to another discussion, then you copy/paste the details from the other thread?   You tell me to answer your question, but you don't ask one.  You made a statement, I asked you questions.

It appears that you'll never actually admit that Trump lost.  It's OK.

You have proven to be an amazing study in the power of conspiracy and equivalency.  Moral equivalency is the most amazing thing about the last 4 years.  Everything is Ok because somebody else did something wrong too.   Incite violence in the capital....well look at what people did in Portland.  The BLM riots grew out of the documented, statistically proven fact that black Americans die at spectacularly high rates when law enforcement is involved.  The riots were wrong, but it didn't help that the racist President did nothing to calm the situation.  Republican's want unity?  How quickly we forget. 

The President directed his angry followers to interrupt our constitutional democracy

and then targeted his own VP when he wouldn't break with the Constitution.  Trump now has the country on alert for domestic terrorism because he won't say what you won't say...he lost the election.  It was humorous for a while...but people are dying because he won't admit he lost.  Why should he, when idiots will spend years in jail for him and defend his actions as something akin to a protest march.  Nothing over the past year approaches January 6.  

In 50 years, kids in America will shake their heads and ask teachers "so why did people believe all of the lies the President told"?  Trump's fascination with "powerful men" will land him on the list of historically inept leaders, and will forever link him with Stalin, Hitler, the Kim's, Pinochet and Amin.    History will answer all of the questions you dance around and will question your integrity, judgment and patriotism along with Trumps.  Congrats...you're part of a gang future generations will spend centuries attempting to understand.
 
Alright, I've had enough of you.  You refuse to acknowledge your dismissal of the thought you responded to in order to talk about what you want to, not what I was talking about.  If you won't talk about what I was, then why should I bother to address what you want to talk about.

That said ...

Tell me how Trump directed the attack in his speech.  I saw it live and did not hear any such thing.  I found the speech to be rather boring with nothing new said.  Perhaps you can tell me exactly what he said that were the instructions / directions that you refer to.

And I did my own search of your posts to find where it was, then I scrolled way down in your link and did find it, too.
rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 12:15pm



 kurtster wrote:
Ah yes. Now I recall. You summarily dismissed everything I mentioned and went to an entirely different direction and came back with questions designed to avoid you addressing my statement. It was about the systematic censorship by the cabal I outlined in my statement. And I did say "imho".

It wasn't about Trump. You tried to change the subject to deflect and make it about Trump. You would not even say if you disagreed and why.

That is why I gave it a low priority for a response. Now if you would like to actually respond to my post then we can move on to your concerns.

And yes, there was a question, btw ... Remember when the NWO was dismissed as some wild conspiracy theory, anyone ?
 
Kurt, you don't have to keep dancing.  I surrender.   You tell me the link doesn't work and goes to another discussion, then you copy/paste the details from the other thread?   You tell me to answer your question, but you don't ask one.  You made a statement, I asked you questions.

It appears that you'll never actually admit that Trump lost.  It's OK.

You have proven to be an amazing study in the power of conspiracy and equivalency.  Moral equivalency is the most amazing thing about the last 4 years.  Everything is Ok because somebody else did something wrong too.   Incite violence in the capital....well look at what people did in Portland.  The BLM riots grew out of the documented, statistically proven fact that black Americans die at spectacularly high rates when law enforcement is involved.  The riots were wrong, but it didn't help that the racist President did nothing to calm the situation.  Republican's want unity?  How quickly we forget.  The President directed his angry followers to interrupt our constitutional democracy and then targeted his own VP when he wouldn't break with the Constitution.  Trump now has the country on alert for domestic terrorism because he won't say what you won't say...he lost the election.  It was humorous for a while...but people are dying because he won't admit he lost.  Why should he, when idiots will spend years in jail for him and defend his actions as something akin to a protest march.  Nothing over the past year approaches January 6.  

In 50 years, kids in America will shake their heads and ask teachers "so why did people believe all of the lies the President told"?  Trump's fascination with "powerful men" will land him on the list of historically inept leaders, and will forever link him with Stalin, Hitler, the Kim's, Pinochet and Amin.    History will answer all of the questions you dance around and will question your integrity, judgment and patriotism along with Trumps.  Congrats...you're part of a gang future generations will spend centuries attempting to understand.
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 11:44am

 VV wrote:
*bump

Alleged Capitol rioters argue Trump invited them in. They want pardons



 VV wrote:
The Final Betrayal 

So let me understand something... the day after Trump whips up his subservient minions to wreak havoc on Congress he makes a statement part of which says that everyone who actively participated in the breach of the building will be identified and may be charged with a crime? “Hey guys, I know you listened to me but now you’re really screwed!” 
  Yea, that sounds about right.

Tell me mindless Trumpies...aren’t you tired yet of getting played and f*cked over by a an obese orange troll who doesn’t give two sh*ts about you? Haven’t you yet realized that you’re getting f*cked over or you do realize it and you have such low self esteem that you enjoy the experience? At what point do you finally wise up and break free? If not now... when? Many of his closest advisors have.

If I was still  a die hard supporter sipping from the Koolaide here is what I would expect right now. Trump to come out and provide some sort of support/cover for doing his bidding. Something like a blanket pardon from federal crimes for all those involved. I don’t know if that is doable/feasible but the effort would at least make it look like he was backing his base for backing him. Now I know that would whip up another firestorm but he’s cooked anyway leaving the position as the worst president in U.S. history so he might as well try to once payback the loyalty shown him.
 
I know this isn’t going to happen but it bears mentioning that this guy has time and again turned his back on his own supporters so it’s probably fitting that his presidency ends in this final betrayal of them.
 
 
They should all be prosecuted.  Just like all the other rioters during the summer.  The ones who burned down government buildings like police stations and tried repeatedly to burn down federal courthouses such as in Portland.  Oh wait, I don't believe any of them have been prosecuted by anyone.  They were simply captured and released because they were just legitimately seeking "reparations".  Our new incoming VP even raised bail money for them to keep them out on the street so they could keep on rioting and looting and in some cases killing people.

Oh and what again exactly did Trump say to the people gathered to watch his speech that directed these people to attack the Capitol ?  Is this the same attack that was already underway since hours before Trump starting speaking or was it another attack ?
VV

VV Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 11:36am

*bump

Alleged Capitol rioters argue Trump invited them in. They want pardons



 VV wrote:
The Final Betrayal 

So let me understand something... the day after Trump whips up his subservient minions to wreak havoc on Congress he makes a statement part of which says that everyone who actively participated in the breach of the building will be identified and may be charged with a crime? “Hey guys, I know you listened to me but now you’re really screwed!” 
  Yea, that sounds about right.

Tell me mindless Trumpies...aren’t you tired yet of getting played and f*cked over by a an obese orange troll who doesn’t give two sh*ts about you? Haven’t you yet realized that you’re getting f*cked over or you do realize it and you have such low self esteem that you enjoy the experience? At what point do you finally wise up and break free? If not now... when? Many of his closest advisors have.

If I was still  a die hard supporter sipping from the Koolaide here is what I would expect right now. Trump to come out and provide some sort of support/cover for doing his bidding. Something like a blanket pardon from federal crimes for all those involved. I don’t know if that is doable/feasible but the effort would at least make it look like he was backing his base for backing him. Now I know that would whip up another firestorm but he’s cooked anyway leaving the position as the worst president in U.S. history so he might as well try to once payback the loyalty shown him.
 
I know this isn’t going to happen but it bears mentioning that this guy has time and again turned his back on his own supporters so it’s probably fitting that his presidency ends in this final betrayal of them.
 


kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 11:33am

 rgio wrote:


 kurtster wrote:

I saw it.  I pick and choose what and when I reply to things based on my priorities at any given time.  Same as everyone else here.

You avoided answering my question by answering my question with your questions instead. 


Go back and answer my question first then I will answer your questions.
 
Happy to answer your question...if you can find it.  

What's your question?

 
Your link went nowhere that had anything related to what I wrote.  So I had to go find it.  And now I see it was not at the top of your linked page like it usually is when others link to a specific post.  You need to talk to richard about how to do this.  I guess he spoiled me with his skills.  It was in an entirely different thread than this one, the Trump thread.

 rgio wrote:


 kurtster wrote:
Fear not, Big Tech is going full tilt in cancelling the Republican Party and anyone else who disagrees with them, the Democratic Party and the Legacy Media.  These three, Big Tech, the Democratic Party and the Legacy Media are all one and the same. They have now fully exposed themselves and their goals.  One party rule by way of censorship and control of public discourse.

The Thought Police have risen and are claiming their rightful place in the New World Order and are now wielding their unrestricted monopolistic power.  Remember when the NWO was dismissed as some wild conspiracy theory, anyone ?  China is their model for controlling the USA.  Big Tech has helped the CCP develop and test all of the social monitoring tools and the development and implementation of Social Scorecards to punish those who disobey or reward those who comply.

That is what is happening to us here in the USA at this very point in time. 

imho ...
 
Kurt,

There are some facts that you need to accept and confirm before anything you say holds even the slightest merit.  They include:

- There is no evidence that the election in November was stolen. NOTHING has been proven, anywhere.  If it has, tell us where.
- Trump was wrong to call state legislatures and asking them to "find" votes, in effect attempting to override the will of the voters.  
- Trump was wrong to suggest anything violent towards the US Congress as they counted the votes on Wednesday, and is partially responsible for what happened at the Capital.
- Trump should have reacted to the siege at the capital and sent in the National Guard.  The #2 and #3 heads of our government were under attack, and he did nothing.

"They all hate us" and "they're out to get us" doesn't work anymore.  Trump's unwillingness to accept defeat by blaming others is now killing people and putting additional lives at risk.  These people aren't patriots, they're terrorists.  Legacy media, Dems, socialism, Russia, China....all make for nice conspiracy theories, but aren't the issue right now:  Trump is.

Do you agree with the bullet points above?

 
Ah yes.  Now I recall.  You summarily dismissed everything I mentioned and went to an entirely different direction and came back with questions designed to avoid you addressing my statement.  It was about the systematic censorship by the cabal I outlined in my statement.  And I did say "imho". 

It wasn't about Trump.  I didn't even mention Trump, did I ?  You tried to change the subject to deflect and make it about Trump.  You would not even say if you disagreed and why.  

That is why I gave it a low priority for a response.  Now if you would like to actually respond to my post then we can move on to your concerns.

And yes, there was a question, btw ...  Remember when the NWO was dismissed as some wild conspiracy theory, anyone ?
rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 10:02am



 kurtster wrote:

I saw it.  I pick and choose what and when I reply to things based on my priorities at any given time.  Same as everyone else here.

You avoided answering my question by answering my question with your questions instead. 


Go back and answer my question first then I will answer your questions.
 
Happy to answer your question...if you can find it.  

What's your question?

R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 10:00am

 kurtster wrote:
We are deplorable idiots and not worth listening to.
 
+1


kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 18, 2021 - 9:43am

 VV wrote:
So Kurtster I asked a simple question:

How do people who work for themselves (I mentioned contractors as an example) reconcile their support for Trump as someone who has a long history of stiffing people over services performed or -if not stiffing-then paying far less because he knew that the average "Joe" wasn't going to spend the time and money to litigate to get their full fee? This may not have been the exact wording but the essence of the question is the same.
 
A) Why would answering such a simple question require a doctoral dissertation about the history of construction contracting and how it works. 

Thanks, but I've lived long enough and engaged enough contractors in my lifetime to know how it works so that was entertaining but unnecessary. Also you started to talk about Trump's bankruptcies and I never once mentioned them. Do you think Trump only stiffed people during bankruptcy? 
 
I read your full response and realized early on that there really wasn't going to be an answer that you were going to offer. Nonetheless, "surprise" I was able to glean one anyway.

B) The answer that you indirectly and wordily delivered was that "Trump supporters just don't care whether Trump has screwed over people just like them".

It's a trite answer but you could have saved yourself the time, history lesson and tangents you took to get there a lot sooner. It seems a good deal of Trump supporters (yourself included) have a hard time with with basic questions of logic. And the reason that you do is that... to support Trump... you have to suspend logic in order to buy into his voluminous lies and erroneous beliefs (stolen election... etc.).  Therefore when posed with a simple but troublesome question of what seems to be common sense it becomes very difficult for you to answer and you begin "the dance".
 
C) I said this in a previous post and believe it now more than ever. Most fervent Trump supporters aren't swayed by facts or logic. It's not the currency they deal in. They're driven primarily by emotion and belief that Trump speaks their language (I'm not sure it's even English that he is speaking half the time) and he is the physical representation of their frustrations. He represents a big f*ck you to the established government elites. In that context/mindset Trump doesn't actually have to produce any results and can ignore nationwide crises while still retaining the blind loyalty of his base. He can apparently can burn the whole house down if he so desires.
 
Trump is their enduring idol and far be it from anyone on the "outside" to question, criticise or demand accountability for his actions. 
 
Thank God his term ends soon. He's going to have a hell-of-a-time time adjusting to life outside the White House.
 
A)  Because I have no idea what you experiences are as you remain deliberately vague, so with that and the usual blowback I get I went to great lengths to clearly explain how it works and demonstrate my understanding.

B)  You act act like Trump is the only person in politics with indiscretions and untoward actions.  In that regard he is no different than any of the alternatives available for consideration.  So with that, as I have said before, he was the only one talking about policies that mattered to me.  Whether it was lip service or not, he was the only one.  Everyone else was saying and doing things that I disagree with.  I have repeated this explanation over and over again.  Why do you and everyone else fail to accept let alone acknowledge this explanation ?

C)  See B above.  And consider all the unrelenting hate and vitriol thrown at us for having ideas that the rest of you disagree with.  We cannot even discuss them because they are summarily judged as meritless before the conversation starts.  We are deplorable idiots and not worth listening to.  That is how these conversations begin and basically end before they get started.

Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 968, 969, 970  Next