[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

What Did You See Today? - haresfur - Jul 13, 2020 - 11:01pm
 
What Makes You Laugh? - haresfur - Jul 13, 2020 - 10:46pm
 
Manbird's Stones - buddy - Jul 13, 2020 - 9:25pm
 
What Did You Do Today? - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 13, 2020 - 9:14pm
 
Those Lovable Policemen - R_P - Jul 13, 2020 - 7:31pm
 
Joe Biden - kurtster - Jul 13, 2020 - 6:59pm
 
Trump - kcar - Jul 13, 2020 - 6:54pm
 
Other Medical Stuff - haresfur - Jul 13, 2020 - 6:27pm
 
China - R_P - Jul 13, 2020 - 3:53pm
 
COVID-19 - R_P - Jul 13, 2020 - 2:12pm
 
Radio Paradise Comments - miamizsun - Jul 13, 2020 - 2:01pm
 
Excitable Boy: Zevon biography - buddy - Jul 13, 2020 - 12:32pm
 
Oh, The Stupidity - buddy - Jul 13, 2020 - 11:16am
 
• • • Clownstock • • •  - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 13, 2020 - 10:21am
 
Oh GOD, they're GAY! - Red_Dragon - Jul 13, 2020 - 9:37am
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - Alchemist - Jul 13, 2020 - 9:18am
 
Counting with Pictures - ndg - Jul 13, 2020 - 8:56am
 
2020 Elections - Red_Dragon - Jul 13, 2020 - 8:17am
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - norbertZ - Jul 13, 2020 - 7:05am
 
Sound clicks on announcements - billyrom - Jul 12, 2020 - 9:08pm
 
Are they married yet? YES THEY ARE! - kcar - Jul 12, 2020 - 8:22pm
 
Museum Of Bad Album Covers - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 12, 2020 - 2:40pm
 
Caretakers Of Our Parents - oldviolin - Jul 12, 2020 - 8:42am
 
Offset between Music and Song/Interpret Text, Silence... - nicolas65 - Jul 12, 2020 - 8:29am
 
Capitalism and Consumerism... now what? - Red_Dragon - Jul 12, 2020 - 8:09am
 
Gardeners Corner - Red_Dragon - Jul 12, 2020 - 7:49am
 
The Dragons' Roost - triskele - Jul 12, 2020 - 6:58am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Jul 12, 2020 - 6:46am
 
Name My Album - Antigone - Jul 12, 2020 - 5:01am
 
And the good news is.... - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 11, 2020 - 7:32pm
 
RightWingNutZ - R_P - Jul 11, 2020 - 6:25pm
 
Looting & vandalism isn't protest - R_P - Jul 11, 2020 - 3:10pm
 
Canada - R_P - Jul 11, 2020 - 1:10pm
 
New Doves album ‘The Universal Want’ coming in September - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 11, 2020 - 11:00am
 
Religion as Beer - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 11, 2020 - 10:58am
 
Things You Thought Today - sirdroseph - Jul 11, 2020 - 10:37am
 
Words that should be put on the substitutes bench for a year - Proclivities - Jul 11, 2020 - 10:23am
 
Environment - Red_Dragon - Jul 11, 2020 - 6:26am
 
RP streams in Opus - Romain98 - Jul 11, 2020 - 6:10am
 
Bad Poetry - sirdroseph - Jul 11, 2020 - 4:46am
 
AppleTV 4K and Radio Paradise stopping - edz - Jul 10, 2020 - 10:10pm
 
Fox Spews - buddy - Jul 10, 2020 - 5:44pm
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - edz - Jul 10, 2020 - 2:45pm
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - oldviolin - Jul 10, 2020 - 2:29pm
 
Make Scott laugh - kcar - Jul 10, 2020 - 2:29pm
 
Economix - R_P - Jul 10, 2020 - 2:16pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - Red_Dragon - Jul 10, 2020 - 1:57pm
 
Country Up The Bumpkin - ptooey - Jul 10, 2020 - 1:00pm
 
South Korea - islander - Jul 10, 2020 - 12:32pm
 
New Music - miamizsun - Jul 10, 2020 - 12:18pm
 
In My Room - miamizsun - Jul 10, 2020 - 11:58am
 
What the hell OV? - miamizsun - Jul 10, 2020 - 11:54am
 
Cool Stuff I Really Want - Proclivities - Jul 10, 2020 - 10:43am
 
True Confessions - buddy - Jul 10, 2020 - 9:30am
 
Name My Band - oldviolin - Jul 10, 2020 - 9:13am
 
TV shows you watch - ScottN - Jul 10, 2020 - 8:22am
 
Constitution - Red_Dragon - Jul 10, 2020 - 7:05am
 
Race in America - sirdroseph - Jul 10, 2020 - 2:57am
 
Removing rated songs - Cache personalization - BillG - Jul 9, 2020 - 8:36pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 9, 2020 - 3:40pm
 
Social Networking - R_P - Jul 9, 2020 - 12:54pm
 
Tech & Science - R_P - Jul 9, 2020 - 12:03pm
 
One Reason I Don't Trust the Police - miamizsun - Jul 9, 2020 - 11:19am
 
RP Daily Trivia Challenge - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 9, 2020 - 10:32am
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - oldviolin - Jul 9, 2020 - 8:53am
 
Ask the Libertarian - Lazy8 - Jul 9, 2020 - 7:40am
 
Dog - kcar - Jul 8, 2020 - 11:13pm
 
Questions. - oldviolin - Jul 8, 2020 - 6:49pm
 
Sunrise, Sunset - oldviolin - Jul 8, 2020 - 4:01pm
 
what the hell, miamizsun? - oldviolin - Jul 8, 2020 - 4:00pm
 
Iran - R_P - Jul 8, 2020 - 1:31pm
 
Happy Birthdy, Ringo Starr - norbertZ - Jul 8, 2020 - 4:07am
 
The Obituary Page - haresfur - Jul 7, 2020 - 8:16pm
 
Trump Lies - ScottN - Jul 7, 2020 - 8:00pm
 
Graphs, Charts & Maps - R_P - Jul 7, 2020 - 3:18pm
 
Index » Internet/Computer » Streaming/Media » Sonos Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post to this Topic
scrubbrush

scrubbrush Avatar

Location: Dark Side of the Cube
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 28, 2020 - 10:40pm

Yep. It now works perfectly. i have been listening to RP favorites for the past 4 days, almost non stop, and hardly heard a song repeated. It's also encouraged me to go back and rank more songs. 

 jarro wrote:
Thanks for pointing that out.   Favorites can now play all day and night.   Plus the glitches with song transitions should  be fixed.    At least haven't noticed any over past few hours.

 scrubbrush wrote:
Favorites works great. Plays only songs that I've ranked 7 or higher. I have well over 1000 songs ranked 7+. Brilliant. I knew that ranking all those songs would pay off someday.

The only issue I've found is that Favorites only seems to play 10 to 15 songs and then stops... i have to keep restarting it...

 


 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 23, 2020 - 9:32pm

Thanks for pointing that out.   Favorites can now play all day and night.   Plus the glitches with song transitions should be fixed.    At least haven't noticed any over past few hours.

 scrubbrush wrote:
Favorites works great. Plays only songs that I've ranked 7 or higher. I have well over 1000 songs ranked 7+. Brilliant. I knew that ranking all those songs would pay off someday.

The only issue I've found is that Favorites only seems to play 10 to 15 songs and then stops... i have to keep restarting it...

 


scrubbrush

scrubbrush Avatar

Location: Dark Side of the Cube
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 21, 2020 - 3:48pm

Favorites works great. Plays only songs that I've ranked 7 or higher. I have well over 1000 songs ranked 7+. Brilliant. I knew that ranking all those songs would pay off someday.

The only issue I've found is that Favorites only seems to play 10 to 15 songs and then stops... i have to keep restarting it...

yxu

yxu Avatar



Posted: Jun 16, 2020 - 2:55pm



 jarro wrote:


I think they mean discrete files as oppposed to local.     You still can't add the flac streams via their TuneIn service.    But services can play flac files.   As long it meets their supported specs.   

 yxu wrote:
My understanding from the Sonos site is that S2 does not yet support FLAC streaming, but local files only. https://support.sonos.com/s/ar...   I wonder if it’s truly coming through as FLAC?
 


 


 

Oh, awesome! Thanks, can’t wait to try!
jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 16, 2020 - 10:38am



I think they mean discrete files as oppposed to local.     You still can't add the flac streams via their TuneIn service.    But services can play flac files.   As long it meets their supported specs.   

 yxu wrote:
My understanding from the Sonos site is that S2 does not yet support FLAC streaming, but local files only. https://support.sonos.com/s/ar...   I wonder if it’s truly coming through as FLAC?
 


 


yxu

yxu Avatar



Posted: Jun 16, 2020 - 6:54am



 radiomaster48 wrote:
Thanks! Yesterday, it all of sudden showed up! It works! Great job!!

 jarro wrote:
Flac should be available now.   If you're not seeing it,  may need to close and restart the app.

The timing is off on the metadata and skipping,  hope to have that sorted over the next week or two.

 radiomaster48 wrote:
The Sonos firmware update has now been released. So far the bitrate options for the RP Sonos music service have not changed. Any news when FLAC will become available as a streaming option?

 BillG wrote:


 Mikedemunck wrote:
Great that RP is available as a service on Sonos! Any chance the flac stream will be available any time in the future? That would be awesome 👌🏼
 
My understanding is that FLAC will be available after an upcoming Sonos firmware update. Everything is in place at our end. 

 


 


 

My understanding from the Sonos site is that S2 does not yet support FLAC streaming, but local files only. https://support.sonos.com/s/ar...   I wonder if it’s truly coming through as FLAC?
 


radiomaster48

radiomaster48 Avatar

Location: Switzerland


Posted: Jun 15, 2020 - 10:27pm

Thanks! Yesterday, it all of sudden showed up! It works! Great job!!

 jarro wrote:
Flac should be available now.   If you're not seeing it,  may need to close and restart the app.

The timing is off on the metadata and skipping,  hope to have that sorted over the next week or two.

 radiomaster48 wrote:
The Sonos firmware update has now been released. So far the bitrate options for the RP Sonos music service have not changed. Any news when FLAC will become available as a streaming option?

 BillG wrote:


 Mikedemunck wrote:
Great that RP is available as a service on Sonos! Any chance the flac stream will be available any time in the future? That would be awesome 👌🏼
 
My understanding is that FLAC will be available after an upcoming Sonos firmware update. Everything is in place at our end. 

 


 


 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 15, 2020 - 8:08am

Flac should be available now.   If you're not seeing it,  may need to close and restart the app.

The timing is off on the metadata and skipping,  hope to have that sorted over the next week or two.

 radiomaster48 wrote:
The Sonos firmware update has now been released. So far the bitrate options for the RP Sonos music service have not changed. Any news when FLAC will become available as a streaming option?

 BillG wrote:


 Mikedemunck wrote:
Great that RP is available as a service on Sonos! Any chance the flac stream will be available any time in the future? That would be awesome 👌🏼
 
My understanding is that FLAC will be available after an upcoming Sonos firmware update. Everything is in place at our end. 

 


 


radiomaster48

radiomaster48 Avatar

Location: Switzerland


Posted: Jun 12, 2020 - 11:23am

The Sonos firmware update has now been released. So far the bitrate options for the RP Sonos music service have not changed. Any news when FLAC will become available as a streaming option?

 BillG wrote:


 Mikedemunck wrote:
Great that RP is available as a service on Sonos! Any chance the flac stream will be available any time in the future? That would be awesome 👌🏼
 
My understanding is that FLAC will be available after an upcoming Sonos firmware update. Everything is in place at our end. 

 


toomanyollys

toomanyollys Avatar



Posted: Jun 4, 2020 - 2:21pm

Yep, this now seems to be working, thank you! 

 jarro wrote:
Favorites should be fixed,  along with  the  problem of the occasional song ending early.   

 scrubbrush wrote:
I found the same thing... it plays any song I've ever ranked, even if it's a 1 (Steely Dan, I'm talking to you)

 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 3, 2020 - 11:13pm

Favorites should be fixed,  along with  the  problem of the occasional song ending early.   

 scrubbrush wrote:
I found the same thing... it plays any song I've ever ranked, even if it's a 1 (Steely Dan, I'm talking to you)

scrubbrush

scrubbrush Avatar

Location: Dark Side of the Cube
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 2, 2020 - 6:43am

I found the same thing... it plays any song I've ever ranked, even if it's a 1 (Steely Dan, I'm talking to you)

 toomanyollys wrote:
The "My favourites" stream is now working - kinda... it seems to be playing any song I've ever rated, be it a 10 or a 1 



 jarro wrote:
My favorites does seem broken at the moment.   Will get that sorted.

 toomanyollys wrote:
Only just discovered the RP Sonos service, love it! Out of interest, does the "My favourites" stream work for anyone else? When I select it, nothing really happens (either 128 or 320k options) except the play icon briefly flashes. Understand it may still be a work in progress!
 


 


 


toomanyollys

toomanyollys Avatar



Posted: May 25, 2020 - 11:02am

The "My favourites" stream is now working - kinda... it seems to be playing any song I've ever rated, be it a 10 or a 1 


 jarro wrote:
My favorites does seem broken at the moment.   Will get that sorted.

 toomanyollys wrote:
Only just discovered the RP Sonos service, love it! Out of interest, does the "My favourites" stream work for anyone else? When I select it, nothing really happens (either 128 or 320k options) except the play icon briefly flashes. Understand it may still be a work in progress!
 


 


HandK



Posted: May 25, 2020 - 9:47am



 BillG wrote:


 HandK wrote:
Bill / Rebecca,
Thank you so much for making RP available on Sonos
....................
However, FYI- RP on Sonos Radio as at 24 MAY 2020:

RP Eclectic / World - works no problem
RP Mellow - works no problem
RP Rock - works no problem
*** RP Main - visible but doesn't seem to work / won't play ***
................
I was assuming it was operator error (ie us) but can't track it down if it is.
Not sure if issue may be at your end or at the Sonos inc. end ?
Any help you can give with this would be very much appreciated
..................
Thanks for creating such a brilliant Radio Station and keep up the good work
...................
Regards
H and K
 

RP is currently not available via TuneIn or Sonos Radio in the UK, due to licensing issues. We're working to resolve that. In the meantime, give our Sonos music service a try.

In the Sonos phone app (not the computer desktop app), tap 'Settings', then 'Add a Service', and find us on the list. After that, we'll be available on the 'Browse' menu.


 
Bill, Thanks very much for your help with this - RP back on !!!
I can confirm that all RP stations work in UK using this method - including RP Main
...........
Thanks once again
H

BillG

BillG Avatar

Location: Left Coast
Gender: Male


Posted: May 24, 2020 - 4:44pm



 HandK wrote:
Bill / Rebecca,
Thank you so much for making RP available on Sonos
....................
However, FYI- RP on Sonos Radio as at 24 MAY 2020:

RP Eclectic / World - works no problem
RP Mellow - works no problem
RP Rock - works no problem
*** RP Main - visible but doesn't seem to work / won't play ***
................
I was assuming it was operator error (ie us) but can't track it down if it is.
Not sure if issue may be at your end or at the Sonos inc. end ?
Any help you can give with this would be very much appreciated
..................
Thanks for creating such a brilliant Radio Station and keep up the good work
...................
Regards
H and K
 

RP is currently not available via TuneIn or Sonos Radio in the UK, due to licensing issues. We're working to resolve that. In the meantime, give our Sonos music service a try.

In the Sonos phone app (not the computer desktop app), tap 'Settings', then 'Add a Service', and find us on the list. After that, we'll be available on the 'Browse' menu.


HandK



Posted: May 24, 2020 - 12:21pm

Bill / Rebecca,
Thank you so much for making RP available on Sonos
....................
However, FYI- RP on Sonos Radio as at 24 MAY 2020:

RP Eclectic / World - works no problem
RP Mellow - works no problem
RP Rock - works no problem
*** RP Main - visible but doesn't seem to work / won't play ***
................
I was assuming it was operator error (ie us) but can't track it down if it is.
Not sure if issue may be at your end or at the Sonos inc. end ??
Any help you can give with this would be very much appreciated
..................
Thanks for creating such a brilliant Radio Station and keep up the good work
...................
Regards
H and K
toomanyollys

toomanyollys Avatar



Posted: May 23, 2020 - 4:42pm

Fantastic, glad to know it's not just user error 

 jarro wrote:
My favorites does seem broken at the moment.   Will get that sorted.

 toomanyollys wrote:
Only just discovered the RP Sonos service, love it! Out of interest, does the "My favourites" stream work for anyone else? When I select it, nothing really happens (either 128 or 320k options) except the play icon briefly flashes. Understand it may still be a work in progress!
 


 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: May 23, 2020 - 5:40am

My favorites does seem broken at the moment.   Will get that sorted.

 toomanyollys wrote:
Only just discovered the RP Sonos service, love it! Out of interest, does the "My favourites" stream work for anyone else? When I select it, nothing really happens (either 128 or 320k options) except the play icon briefly flashes. Understand it may still be a work in progress!
 


toomanyollys

toomanyollys Avatar



Posted: May 23, 2020 - 4:53am

Only just discovered the RP Sonos service, love it! Out of interest, does the "My favourites" stream work for anyone else? When I select it, nothing really happens (either 128 or 320k options) except the play icon briefly flashes. Understand it may still be a work in progress!
mjvander

mjvander Avatar

Location: Kelowna BC


Posted: May 22, 2020 - 7:05pm

Love the Sonos service, just a minor quibble, every now and then there are some song transitions that are a bit harsh, not something i have noticed on the "main" feed.  Other than that, its Saul Goodman

Stay safe and sane...

 gfischer99 wrote:
Bill ... look forward to the FLAC stream!

Couple things ... 
1. I noticed that recently the Sonos Service no longer has the Sync option. Is this by design? 
2. I use the Android app on my Sony Android TV. I saw that there is a Sync to Sonos capability. That's great as it allows me to use the app with the rolling pictures in 4K and have it sync'd to RP playing on other Sonos players (or so in theory) ...
- If there are 5 other Sonos players in the home, how does the app know which one to sync to? There is no choice and different players may be playing different streams
- I noticed after a while that the app on the TV is no longer in sync and, indeed, seems to be playing something completely different, or, in some cases stops streaming



 BillG wrote:


 Mikedemunck wrote:
Great that RP is available as a service on Sonos! Any chance the flac stream will be available any time in the future? That would be awesome 👌🏼
 
My understanding is that FLAC will be available after an upcoming Sonos firmware update. Everything is in place at our end. 

 


 


Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next