[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Joe Biden - Red_Dragon - Aug 11, 2020 - 5:30pm
 
Looting & vandalism isn't protest - kurtster - Aug 11, 2020 - 4:48pm
 
Republican Party - Red_Dragon - Aug 11, 2020 - 4:23pm
 
Better Together - Steely_D - Aug 11, 2020 - 4:14pm
 
COVID-19 - Steely_D - Aug 11, 2020 - 4:09pm
 
Radio Paradise Comments - Jonathon - Aug 11, 2020 - 3:34pm
 
Trump - Red_Dragon - Aug 11, 2020 - 3:31pm
 
Krautrock - Ohmsen - Aug 11, 2020 - 3:22pm
 
True Confessions - Antigone - Aug 11, 2020 - 3:08pm
 
Things You Thought Today - Antigone - Aug 11, 2020 - 2:55pm
 
Those Lovable Policemen - R_P - Aug 11, 2020 - 1:14pm
 
Hell Is ... - miamizsun - Aug 11, 2020 - 1:14pm
 
Jerry Garcia 10 years dead on Aug 9. - Ohmsen - Aug 11, 2020 - 12:13pm
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - oldviolin - Aug 11, 2020 - 10:36am
 
Climate Change - Ohmsen - Aug 11, 2020 - 9:57am
 
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests - Ohmsen - Aug 11, 2020 - 9:49am
 
What Did You See Today? - Coaxial - Aug 11, 2020 - 8:17am
 
Outstanding Covers - Coaxial - Aug 11, 2020 - 7:36am
 
HALF A WORLD - oldviolin - Aug 11, 2020 - 6:55am
 
Message To Lucky - Proclivities - Aug 11, 2020 - 6:38am
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - oldviolin - Aug 11, 2020 - 6:24am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Aug 11, 2020 - 5:37am
 
Breaking News - haresfur - Aug 10, 2020 - 7:50pm
 
Hot Dog... it's Summer! - miamizsun - Aug 10, 2020 - 12:40pm
 
Country Up The Bumpkin - Ohmsen - Aug 10, 2020 - 12:20pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - R_P - Aug 10, 2020 - 11:00am
 
Play the Blues - oldviolin - Aug 10, 2020 - 10:24am
 
Counting with Pictures - Proclivities - Aug 10, 2020 - 4:58am
 
Lebanon - Ohmsen - Aug 10, 2020 - 1:59am
 
TV shows you watch - Ohmsen - Aug 10, 2020 - 1:43am
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - Aug 10, 2020 - 12:33am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - gtufano - Aug 9, 2020 - 10:39pm
 
Play RP My Favorites stream via HEOS services - morefigs - Aug 9, 2020 - 6:21pm
 
• • •  What's For Dinner ? • • •  - Red_Dragon - Aug 9, 2020 - 5:20pm
 
songs that ROCK! - Ohmsen - Aug 9, 2020 - 4:14pm
 
Stuff I've Said Out Loud - Antigone - Aug 9, 2020 - 2:40pm
 
Amazing animals! - R_P - Aug 9, 2020 - 12:11pm
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - oldviolin - Aug 9, 2020 - 9:32am
 
Automotive Lust - islander - Aug 9, 2020 - 9:09am
 
Florida - miamizsun - Aug 9, 2020 - 8:06am
 
what the hell, miamizsun? - miamizsun - Aug 9, 2020 - 8:00am
 
Lyrics That Remind You of Someone - oldviolin - Aug 9, 2020 - 7:22am
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Aug 9, 2020 - 7:18am
 
Poetry Forum - Antigone - Aug 9, 2020 - 6:24am
 
Gardeners Corner - BlueHeronDruid - Aug 9, 2020 - 1:17am
 
Crazy conspiracy theories - R_P - Aug 8, 2020 - 4:40pm
 
Our tolerance for opposing views - R_P - Aug 8, 2020 - 12:35pm
 
Private messages in a public forum - miamizsun - Aug 8, 2020 - 12:25pm
 
Amazon Products (May Contain Spam) - Red_Dragon - Aug 8, 2020 - 12:09pm
 
Race in America - R_P - Aug 8, 2020 - 11:00am
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - triskele - Aug 8, 2020 - 10:59am
 
Name My Band - oldviolin - Aug 8, 2020 - 7:41am
 
Two questions. That's it. I promise. - oldviolin - Aug 7, 2020 - 5:22pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - miamizsun - Aug 7, 2020 - 2:53pm
 
New Music - buddy - Aug 7, 2020 - 2:42pm
 
HELP! Sound Cutting out problem - michael16 - Aug 7, 2020 - 2:14pm
 
A little smooth jazz never hurt anyone - rhahl - Aug 7, 2020 - 1:51pm
 
2020 Elections - R_P - Aug 7, 2020 - 1:02pm
 
It seemed like a good idea at the time - Proclivities - Aug 7, 2020 - 11:54am
 
What did you have for lunch? - miamizsun - Aug 7, 2020 - 8:55am
 
American Justice - miamizsun - Aug 7, 2020 - 8:40am
 
Music Videos - black321 - Aug 7, 2020 - 7:30am
 
New Song Submissions system - Hastur_T - Aug 7, 2020 - 7:12am
 
Fake News*  ?  ! - miamizsun - Aug 7, 2020 - 5:57am
 
Your favorite artist - miamizsun - Aug 7, 2020 - 5:44am
 
Reinstock '05 Link Repository - Red_Dragon - Aug 7, 2020 - 5:38am
 
China - R_P - Aug 6, 2020 - 9:01pm
 
Solar / Wind / Geothermal / Efficiency Energy - R_P - Aug 6, 2020 - 7:41pm
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Aug 6, 2020 - 5:34pm
 
kurtster's quiet vinyl - kurtster - Aug 6, 2020 - 2:42pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - rgio - Aug 6, 2020 - 2:25pm
 
Offset between Music and Song/Interpret Text, Silence... - nicolas65 - Aug 6, 2020 - 11:23am
 
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest - Red_Dragon - Aug 6, 2020 - 10:03am
 
Artists You Miss - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Aug 6, 2020 - 8:30am
 
Museum Of Bad Album Covers - Proclivities - Aug 6, 2020 - 5:34am
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » About RP » Why are 2 of the best albums of the last decade completely ignored on RP?
Post to this Topic
KurtfromLaQuinta

KurtfromLaQuinta Avatar

Location: Really deep in the heart of South California
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 6, 2020 - 1:55pm



 Johnny_B wrote:


 

Wouldn't want to make you sad... Keep on playing those happy songs old man!
 


 



Keep on playing those happy songs!
 


KurtfromLaQuinta

KurtfromLaQuinta Avatar

Location: Really deep in the heart of South California
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 6, 2020 - 1:44pm



 sunybuny wrote:


 Steely_D wrote:


 Johnny_B wrote:

 It would be great if the song library wouldn't only exist of submissions of elderly white men, although it explains the excessive playtime for Pink Floyd, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young and the like ;-)
 

I've seen the RP website pics of Rebecca G and "elderly white man" doesn't really apply to her, AFAIK.

And fortunately the font is too small for me to read clearly, otherwise I'd remind you that what you said was an ageist and racist and sexist comment. 
 
Hey, don't forget us "elderly white women"... there's your sexism.


 
Men are easier to pick on.

sunybuny

sunybuny Avatar

Location: The West & Best Coast of FLA
Gender: Female


Posted: Jul 6, 2020 - 7:46am



 Steely_D wrote:


 Johnny_B wrote:

 It would be great if the song library wouldn't only exist of submissions of elderly white men, although it explains the excessive playtime for Pink Floyd, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young and the like ;-)
 

I've seen the RP website pics of Rebecca G and "elderly white man" doesn't really apply to her, AFAIK.

And fortunately the font is too small for me to read clearly, otherwise I'd remind you that what you said was an ageist and racist and sexist comment. 
 
Hey, don't forget us "elderly white women"... there's your sexism.

Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 4, 2020 - 5:13pm



 Johnny_B wrote:

 It would be great if the song library wouldn't only exist of submissions of elderly white men, although it explains the excessive playtime for Pink Floyd, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young and the like ;-)
 

I've seen the RP website pics of Rebecca G and "elderly white man" doesn't really apply to her, AFAIK.

And fortunately the font is too small for me to read clearly, otherwise I'd remind you that what you said was an ageist and racist and sexist comment. 
KurtfromLaQuinta

KurtfromLaQuinta Avatar

Location: Really deep in the heart of South California
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 4, 2020 - 5:01pm



 Johnny_B wrote:


 sunybuny wrote:


 Johnny_B wrote:
Radio Paradise plays some songs from Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, but the critically acclaimed last 2 albums - Skeleton Tree (95/100 on metacritic) and Ghosteen (96/100) - are completely ignored. I don't understand why, because both albums are packed with beautiful songs that would fit greatly on RP. Is it because it is believed that RP listeners can't handle the intensely sad and beautiful content of the songs? One could start with Bright Horses for example, or Ghosteen Speaks, or Leviathan. Chills, tears, bliss, indescribable beautiful...

Does anyone has an answer to this enigma?
 

Have you submitted them through the Submissions link? Look under the Music drop-down.

How does that work? I submitted some songs, but nothing happens. The thing is... shouldn't a radio station proactively add good new songs by itself?
I really love RP, but it hardly ever happens that I get to know new bands listening to it. It would be great if the song library wouldn't only exist of submissions of elderly white men, although it explains the excessive playtime for Pink Floyd, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young and the like ;-)




 

It doesn't work in your favor.
I've submitted at least 200 (probably closer to 300) songs in the over 20 years since I started listening to R.Paradise.  I hate to see my ratio to those submitted to those accepted.
Someplace around here in the rules of this station, Bill says he appreciates song suggestions. BUT... it's his decision to allow what's added.
I'm thankful for the chance to get a song on the playlist. It does happen. Just not very frequently as one might like. And I'm one of those "elderly white men" you mentioned. Though I don't listen to "elderly white men" music.
How many radio stations do you know that even give you a chance to do that?
After those over 20 years of listening here, I've learned a lot of new music. And I will continue to listen.

KurtfromLaQuinta

KurtfromLaQuinta Avatar

Location: Really deep in the heart of South California
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 4, 2020 - 4:34pm



 Johnny_B wrote:


 
Only old in years!
You see... I eat Trix cereal for breakfast.


 

You know that Nick Cave is 62, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfKYImFP_Pw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DQT_R2VMJQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3M0mkmDL1o

Keep on playing those happy songs!
 
Oh, a young guy.

Don't get stuck in the syrupy goo!
Johnny_B



Posted: Jul 3, 2020 - 3:44am



 sunybuny wrote:


 Johnny_B wrote:
Radio Paradise plays some songs from Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, but the critically acclaimed last 2 albums - Skeleton Tree (95/100 on metacritic) and Ghosteen (96/100) - are completely ignored. I don't understand why, because both albums are packed with beautiful songs that would fit greatly on RP. Is it because it is believed that RP listeners can't handle the intensely sad and beautiful content of the songs? One could start with Bright Horses for example, or Ghosteen Speaks, or Leviathan. Chills, tears, bliss, indescribable beautiful...

Does anyone has an answer to this enigma?
 

Have you submitted them through the Submissions link? Look under the Music drop-down.

How does that work? I submitted some songs, but nothing happens. The thing is... shouldn't a radio station proactively add good new songs by itself?
I really love RP, but it hardly ever happens that I get to know new bands listening to it. It would be great if the song library wouldn't only exist of submissions of elderly white men, although it explains the excessive playtime for Pink Floyd, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young and the like ;-)




Johnny_B



Posted: Jul 2, 2020 - 3:44pm



 KurtfromLaQuinta wrote:


 Johnny_B wrote:


 KurtfromLaQuinta wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 

Me also.
Sad music makes me... sad.
I do enjoy them every once in a while.
I'm sure nobody wants to hear my happy, sappy songs all the time too.

 

Wouldn't want to make you sad... Keep on playing those happy songs old man!
 
Only old in years!
You see... I eat Trix cereal for breakfast.


 

You know that Nick Cave is 62, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfKYImFP_Pw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DQT_R2VMJQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3M0mkmDL1o

Keep on playing those happy songs!
KurtfromLaQuinta

KurtfromLaQuinta Avatar

Location: Really deep in the heart of South California
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 2, 2020 - 7:40am



 Johnny_B wrote:


 KurtfromLaQuinta wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 

Me also.
Sad music makes me... sad.
I do enjoy them every once in a while.
I'm sure nobody wants to hear my happy, sappy songs all the time too.

 

Wouldn't want to make you sad... Keep on playing those happy songs old man!
 
Only old in years!
You see... I eat Trix cereal for breakfast.

KurtfromLaQuinta

KurtfromLaQuinta Avatar

Location: Really deep in the heart of South California
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 2, 2020 - 7:37am



 ColdMiser wrote:


 KurtfromLaQuinta wrote:


 



 

 

Me also.
Sad music makes me... sad.
I do enjoy them every once in a while.
I'm sure nobody wants to hear my happy, sappy songs all the time too.

 
At least we know you won't be bringing us down in the RP MCC


 
Nope.
I'll be banned for making it too poppy.
Or maybe poopy?

Johnny_B



Posted: Jul 2, 2020 - 4:35am



 KurtfromLaQuinta wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 sirdroseph wrote:
Sounds good to me, one can never have too much Nick Cave.
{#Dancingbanana}
 

I can. 

 
I've appreciated Nick since the first time I heard Birthday Party but never ever have put his music on for enjoyment. I let DJs figure out how to work it into a set.
 

Me also.
Sad music makes me... sad.
I do enjoy them every once in a while.
I'm sure nobody wants to hear my happy, sappy songs all the time too.

 

Wouldn't want to make you sad... Keep on playing those happy songs old man!
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 1, 2020 - 1:25pm

because there's a glitch in every matrix?
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jul 1, 2020 - 11:46am

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
I've appreciated Nick since the first time I heard Birthday Party but never ever have put his music on for enjoyment. I let DJs figure out how to work it into a set.
 
15 minutes of enjoyment!


ColdMiser

ColdMiser Avatar

Location: On the Trail
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 1, 2020 - 11:33am



 KurtfromLaQuinta wrote:


 



 

 

Me also.
Sad music makes me... sad.
I do enjoy them every once in a while.
I'm sure nobody wants to hear my happy, sappy songs all the time too.

 
At least we know you won't be bringing us down in the RP MCC

ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 1, 2020 - 8:46am



 KurtfromLaQuinta wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 sirdroseph wrote:
Sounds good to me, one can never have too much Nick Cave.
{#Dancingbanana}
 

I can. 

 
I've appreciated Nick since the first time I heard Birthday Party but never ever have put his music on for enjoyment. I let DJs figure out how to work it into a set.
 

Me also.
Sad music makes me... sad.
I do enjoy them every once in a while.
I'm sure nobody wants to hear my happy, sappy songs all the time too.

 


KurtfromLaQuinta

KurtfromLaQuinta Avatar

Location: Really deep in the heart of South California
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 30, 2020 - 5:49pm



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 sirdroseph wrote:
Sounds good to me, one can never have too much Nick Cave.
{#Dancingbanana}
 

I can. 

 
I've appreciated Nick since the first time I heard Birthday Party but never ever have put his music on for enjoyment. I let DJs figure out how to work it into a set.
 

Me also.
Sad music makes me... sad.
I do enjoy them every once in a while.
I'm sure nobody wants to hear my happy, sappy songs all the time too.
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 30, 2020 - 9:13am



 sirdroseph wrote:
Sounds good to me, one can never have too much Nick Cave.
{#Dancingbanana}
 

I can. 
 
I've appreciated Nick since the first time I heard Birthday Party but never ever have put his music on for enjoyment. I let DJs figure out how to work it into a set.
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 30, 2020 - 7:04am

Sounds good to me, one can never have too much Nick Cave.{#Dancingbanana}
Johnny_B



Posted: Jun 30, 2020 - 6:46am



 sunybuny wrote:


 Johnny_B wrote:
Radio Paradise plays some songs from Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, but the critically acclaimed last 2 albums - Skeleton Tree (95/100 on metacritic) and Ghosteen (96/100) - are completely ignored. I don't understand why, because both albums are packed with beautiful songs that would fit greatly on RP. Is it because it is believed that RP listeners can't handle the intensely sad and beautiful content of the songs? One could start with Bright Horses for example, or Ghosteen Speaks, or Leviathan. Chills, tears, bliss, indescribable beautiful...

Does anyone has an answer to this enigma?
 

Have you submitted them through the Submissions link? Look under the Music drop-down.
 

Thank you. I just did! We'll see what happens...

Still don't understand why I'm the first one ;-)
sunybuny

sunybuny Avatar

Location: The West & Best Coast of FLA
Gender: Female


Posted: Jun 30, 2020 - 6:36am



 Johnny_B wrote:
Radio Paradise plays some songs from Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, but the critically acclaimed last 2 albums - Skeleton Tree (95/100 on metacritic) and Ghosteen (96/100) - are completely ignored. I don't understand why, because both albums are packed with beautiful songs that would fit greatly on RP. Is it because it is believed that RP listeners can't handle the intensely sad and beautiful content of the songs? One could start with Bright Horses for example, or Ghosteen Speaks, or Leviathan. Chills, tears, bliss, indescribable beautiful...

Does anyone has an answer to this enigma?
 

Have you submitted them through the Submissions link? Look under the Music drop-down.