[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

2020 Elections - sirdroseph - Sep 25, 2020 - 5:59am
 
This is Odd, Gross and a good excuse to be late for work - Red_Dragon - Sep 25, 2020 - 5:57am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - miamizsun - Sep 25, 2020 - 5:54am
 
Drop the Puck! NHL Lockout Ends! - sunybuny - Sep 25, 2020 - 5:35am
 
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group - Coaxial - Sep 25, 2020 - 4:30am
 
Trump - kcar - Sep 24, 2020 - 9:31pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - ScottFromWyoming - Sep 24, 2020 - 7:35pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Sep 24, 2020 - 7:20pm
 
How's the weather? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Sep 24, 2020 - 4:43pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - KurtfromLaQuinta - Sep 24, 2020 - 4:32pm
 
Animal Resistance - R_P - Sep 24, 2020 - 4:13pm
 
Supreme Court: Who's Next? - R_P - Sep 24, 2020 - 4:05pm
 
Looting & vandalism isn't protest - R_P - Sep 24, 2020 - 2:56pm
 
Bluesound Sound Dropouts - BillG - Sep 24, 2020 - 12:02pm
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - pigtail - Sep 24, 2020 - 10:28am
 
COVID-19 - R_P - Sep 24, 2020 - 10:20am
 
Language - Ohmsen - Sep 24, 2020 - 10:12am
 
Counting with Pictures - Proclivities - Sep 24, 2020 - 6:00am
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - miamizsun - Sep 24, 2020 - 5:59am
 
Film & Video Production - rgio - Sep 24, 2020 - 5:11am
 
Quotes: Your Favorite Comedians - Ohmsen - Sep 24, 2020 - 1:07am
 
Questions. - whatshisname - Sep 23, 2020 - 7:10pm
 
American Justice - Steely_D - Sep 23, 2020 - 6:09pm
 
Your favourite conspiracy theory? - R_P - Sep 23, 2020 - 4:56pm
 
*** PUNS *** ASTRONOMY - buddy - Sep 23, 2020 - 4:24pm
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - buddy - Sep 23, 2020 - 4:21pm
 
The Obituary Page - Ohmsen - Sep 23, 2020 - 10:56am
 
It's the economy stupid. - Red_Dragon - Sep 23, 2020 - 10:27am
 
how do you feel right now? - Steely_D - Sep 23, 2020 - 10:27am
 
WikiLeaks - Ohmsen - Sep 23, 2020 - 7:58am
 
Favorite Quotes - Coaxial - Sep 23, 2020 - 7:39am
 
Race in America - R_P - Sep 23, 2020 - 12:06am
 
The American Dream - kcar - Sep 22, 2020 - 11:49pm
 
Australia has Disappeared - haresfur - Sep 22, 2020 - 9:16pm
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - Sep 22, 2020 - 8:57pm
 
Evolution! - R_P - Sep 22, 2020 - 8:50pm
 
Name My Band - Antigone - Sep 22, 2020 - 4:04pm
 
Trump Lies - R_P - Sep 22, 2020 - 2:45pm
 
Brazil - R_P - Sep 22, 2020 - 1:57pm
 
RP Daily Trivia Challenge - KurtfromLaQuinta - Sep 22, 2020 - 7:49am
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Sep 21, 2020 - 9:29pm
 
Things I'd LIKE to find at my house. - Antigone - Sep 21, 2020 - 5:31pm
 
Lyrics that strike a chord today... - Steely_D - Sep 21, 2020 - 5:13pm
 
RP Main Mix on TuneIn unavailable? - DianaLipka - Sep 21, 2020 - 9:56am
 
Best Song Comments. - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Sep 21, 2020 - 5:37am
 
Trolls at RP - Steely_D - Sep 20, 2020 - 4:41pm
 
Facebook Tips - Ohmsen - Sep 20, 2020 - 2:37pm
 
Climate Change - R_P - Sep 20, 2020 - 12:34pm
 
Environment - R_P - Sep 20, 2020 - 9:56am
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - oldviolin - Sep 20, 2020 - 9:16am
 
Lyrics That Remind You of Someone - oldviolin - Sep 20, 2020 - 9:15am
 
Is there any DOG news out there? - sirdroseph - Sep 20, 2020 - 7:29am
 
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix - miamizsun - Sep 20, 2020 - 6:46am
 
Republican Party - sirdroseph - Sep 20, 2020 - 6:14am
 
FLAC Streaming - gsbaronnier - Sep 20, 2020 - 3:24am
 
Anti-War - R_P - Sep 19, 2020 - 4:57pm
 
Immigration - R_P - Sep 19, 2020 - 2:17pm
 
TV shows you watch - KurtfromLaQuinta - Sep 19, 2020 - 12:57pm
 
China - R_P - Sep 19, 2020 - 11:07am
 
Thank you, Bug. - miamizsun - Sep 19, 2020 - 6:53am
 
Things You Thought Today - Antigone - Sep 19, 2020 - 6:04am
 
Canada - R_P - Sep 18, 2020 - 7:37pm
 
Tech & Science - R_P - Sep 18, 2020 - 6:20pm
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - miamizsun - Sep 18, 2020 - 1:59pm
 
Bad Poetry - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2020 - 11:05am
 
Private messages in a public forum - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2020 - 10:21am
 
honk if you think manbird and OV are one and the same ent... - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2020 - 10:14am
 
Buddy's Haven - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2020 - 9:14am
 
What The Hell Buddy? - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2020 - 8:10am
 
Today in History - Ohmsen - Sep 18, 2020 - 5:26am
 
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing - oldviolin - Sep 17, 2020 - 9:04pm
 
Signs o' the Apocalypse in the news... - Steely_D - Sep 17, 2020 - 6:57pm
 
Soliciting ideas to bring about a more humane world - miamizsun - Sep 17, 2020 - 5:06pm
 
Rock Movies/Documentaries - Steely_D - Sep 17, 2020 - 1:39pm
 
HALF A WORLD - oldviolin - Sep 17, 2020 - 11:57am
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » COVID-19 Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145  Next
Post to this Topic
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Sep 24, 2020 - 10:20am

Houston study: More contagious coronavirus strain now dominates
How Finland kept Covid in check

black321

black321 Avatar

Location: An earth without maps
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 24, 2020 - 7:14am



 miamizsun wrote:
 
Yes. Insane  (in the membrane)

miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 24, 2020 - 6:14am

R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Sep 23, 2020 - 6:51pm

Every Day is Memorial Day: The Trump Virus has killed as Many Americans as Died in Combat in the 4 Years of the Civil War
haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 23, 2020 - 3:38pm



 black321 wrote:
Interesting article on the pandemics impact on one Indianapolis restaurateur.

Inside Ed Rudisell’s Pandemic Nightmare

While his remaining two businesses—Siam Square and The Inferno Room—hang on by a thread, Ed Rudisell tells us about the emotional toll of the last five months, and his fears about the fall for an industry near its breaking point.

What can supporters of local food do today to help save the industry?
There are three things I’m telling people to do right now. One, just wear a mask when you go into a restaurant. Please don’t argue with people over it. We don’t want to wear them either, but let’s do what’s necessary to stop the spread of this virus. Two, go to the places you love because they may not be around much longer if you don’t. And I don’t mean go once every five months. Go in as often as you can because it’s what’s keeping us alive.

https://www.indianapolismonthl...
 
The people who wanted to open up rapidly for economic reasons ignored the longer-term economic consequences of the continued pandemic

black321

black321 Avatar

Location: An earth without maps
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 23, 2020 - 7:29am

Interesting article on the pandemics impact on one Indianapolis restaurateur.

Inside Ed Rudisell’s Pandemic Nightmare

While his remaining two businesses—Siam Square and The Inferno Room—hang on by a thread, Ed Rudisell tells us about the emotional toll of the last five months, and his fears about the fall for an industry near its breaking point.

What can supporters of local food do today to help save the industry?
There are three things I’m telling people to do right now. One, just wear a mask when you go into a restaurant. Please don’t argue with people over it. We don’t want to wear them either, but let’s do what’s necessary to stop the spread of this virus. Two, go to the places you love because they may not be around much longer if you don’t. And I don’t mean go once every five months. Go in as often as you can because it’s what’s keeping us alive.

https://www.indianapolismonthl...
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Sep 21, 2020 - 2:09pm


miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 21, 2020 - 9:23am

there may be something similar out there regarding stages and protocol that i'm not aware of

however this is interesting in that "certain meds/treatments" may be effective in particular stages and useless or harmful in others

one thing is clear, early intervention in high risk peeps is key

stopping or reducing viral load asap is a life saver

(that one doc sipping coffee out of a clorox mug made me chuckle)

miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 20, 2020 - 7:11pm


and here

BIO COVID-19 Therapeutic Development Tracker
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 20, 2020 - 7:09pm

there's been a few updates to this site if anyone is interested
COVID-19 TREATMENT AND VACCINE TRACKER

miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 20, 2020 - 8:58am

seems like a really humble guy...

kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Sep 18, 2020 - 4:18pm



 Steely_D wrote:


 kcar wrote:




The theory that the coronavirus originated in a lab got debunked long ago. 


 

BUT HER EMAILS!

He's from Kenya!

The First Lady is a MAN!

Q is an insider and Trump is taking down the cannibalistic pedophiles any day now!

etc etc etc

(the GOP have so few legitimate ideas that their party is now sustained solely by batshit nonsense and rumor)
 

I had the strange urge to watch Trump's town hall. That lasted for about a minute as I watched him do his word-salad non-response, generously garnished with lies. 

But I have read recaps of that nonsense. And it still blows my mind that he LIED over and over. 

And not just about penny-ante stuff.  He lied about Covid19 ("I think it's going to disappear"), masks ("a lot of people think masks are not good"—waiters, especially, according to Trump), downplaying  the pandemic ("Yeah, well, I didn't downplay it. I, actually, in many ways, I up-played it, in terms of action"), and the economy ("We have a super V; it looks like it's going to be a super V. We're going to have a great economy next year, and I think we're going to have a great economy in the third quarter").


ABC provides the transcript of the meeting here


Bob Woodward's new book quotes former DNI Dan Coats, who perfectly captures Trump's mental incompetence:


The stream of lies and alternative realities that the President promoted recalled a statement attributed to former Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats in Woodward's book "Rage" that was published on Tuesday."To him a lie is not a lie. It's just what he thinks. He doesn't know the difference between the truth and a lie," Coats is quoted as saying to former Secretary of Defense James Mattis.


Trump's cabinet should have invoked the 25th Amendment and started proceedings to have him removed from office for mental incompetence. But there are still many people who support him—perhaps because he made it OK to openly hate people like Blacks and Hispanics and because he basically promised to turn back the clock economically and culturally. 
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 18, 2020 - 3:31pm



 kcar wrote:




The theory that the coronavirus originated in a lab got debunked long ago. 


 

BUT HER EMAILS!

He's from Kenya!

The First Lady is a MAN!

Q is an insider and Trump is taking down the cannibalistic pedophiles any day now!

etc etc etc

(the GOP have so few legitimate ideas that their party is now sustained solely by batshit nonsense and rumor)
kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Sep 18, 2020 - 3:14pm



 R_P wrote:
 Steely_D wrote:
Following up on the irrelevant claims of the "Chinese virologist" that was "censored" after talking to that idiot Carlson.

FTA: "...none of Yan’s claims are justified by the scientific evidence. The vast majority of scientists who have studied the coronavirus agree that it originated naturally and spread to humans from an animal species, such as a bat. And although scientists can’t rule out the possibility that the virus originated in a lab studying animals such as bats, it is vanishingly unlikely that it was genetically engineered and intentionally released."

Is it "censorship" to just stop propagating lies?

Actually, a Chinese virologist didn’t prove that COVID-19 was man-made


 
Cui bono?
The study’s first page lists support from the “Rule of Law Society & Rule of Law Foundation,” a pair of anti-China organizations spearheaded by Guo Wengui, the exiled Chinese billionaire, and Stephen Bannon, President Donald Trump’s former chief strategist, who was arrested last month on unrelated fraud charges. Neither organization has a history of sponsoring scientific research, and Guo and Bannon have spent months advancing baseless theories about the coronavirus’s origins.

The unproven theory that the virus originated in a Wuhan lab has become a popular talking point on the right. Trump and Mike Pompeo, the secretary of state, have advanced the theory, though U.S. intelligence agencies have not reached a conclusion on the issue.

 

The theory that the coronavirus originated in a lab got debunked long ago. 


Did Coronavirus Come From a Lab?





This University of Minnesota CIDRAP article ran in mid-May 2020:

Scientists: 'Exactly zero' evidence COVID-19 came from a lab


Politicians have touted these theories in an attempt to blame China for the pandemic, and a discredited US scientist recently released a book and now-banned video claiming that wealthy people deliberately spread COVID-19 to boost vaccination rates. And late last week, an unsubstantiated NBC News report on cell phone location data suggested that the Wuhan lab temporarily shut down after a "hazardous event" in October.

Even Kristian Andersen, PhD, a professor in the Department of Immunology and Microbiology at Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, California, and lead author of a research letter published Mar 17 in Nature Medicine on the origins of the virus, first thought that COVID-19 was just as likely to have been accidentally released from a lab as it was to have come from nature.

But that was before he learned more about COVID-19 and related coronaviruses, which have features already seen in nature. "There are lots of data and lots of evidence, as well as previous examples of this coming from nature," he said. "We have exactly zero evidence or data of this having any connection to a lab."

And while Andersen, like other prominent virologists, says that he can't completely rule out the possibility that the virus came from a lab, the odds of that happening are very small. He says the new coronavirus clearly originated in nature, "no question about it by now."


R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Sep 18, 2020 - 12:32pm

 Steely_D wrote:
Following up on the irrelevant claims of the "Chinese virologist" that was "censored" after talking to that idiot Carlson.

FTA: "...none of Yan’s claims are justified by the scientific evidence. The vast majority of scientists who have studied the coronavirus agree that it originated naturally and spread to humans from an animal species, such as a bat. And although scientists can’t rule out the possibility that the virus originated in a lab studying animals such as bats, it is vanishingly unlikely that it was genetically engineered and intentionally released."

Is it "censorship" to just stop propagating lies?

Actually, a Chinese virologist didn’t prove that COVID-19 was man-made


 
Cui bono?
The study’s first page lists support from the “Rule of Law Society & Rule of Law Foundation,” a pair of anti-China organizations spearheaded by Guo Wengui, the exiled Chinese billionaire, and Stephen Bannon, President Donald Trump’s former chief strategist, who was arrested last month on unrelated fraud charges. Neither organization has a history of sponsoring scientific research, and Guo and Bannon have spent months advancing baseless theories about the coronavirus’s origins.

The unproven theory that the virus originated in a Wuhan lab has become a popular talking point on the right. Trump and Mike Pompeo, the secretary of state, have advanced the theory, though U.S. intelligence agencies have not reached a conclusion on the issue.

Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 18, 2020 - 12:10pm

Following up on the irrelevant claims of the "Chinese virologist" that was "censored" after talking to that idiot Carlson.

FTA: "...none of Yan’s claims are justified by the scientific evidence. The vast majority of scientists who have studied the coronavirus agree that it originated naturally and spread to humans from an animal species, such as a bat. And although scientists can’t rule out the possibility that the virus originated in a lab studying animals such as bats, it is vanishingly unlikely that it was genetically engineered and intentionally released."

Is it "censorship" to just stop propagating lies?

Actually, a Chinese virologist didn’t prove that COVID-19 was man-made


ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 18, 2020 - 8:54am



 kurtster wrote:

No.

And there is something dicey about this website.  It was using up half of my resources just being open on a tab.
 

Here's the NYT version of it.
Protection would be marginal at best (direct sneeze, etc.) but maybe people who wear glasses don't rub their eyes with grimy digits as often. Anyway, this falls under the "probably can't hurt" column.
cc_rider

cc_rider Avatar

Location: Bastrop
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 18, 2020 - 8:38am



 R_P wrote:
 
The Devil you say!
c.

R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Sep 18, 2020 - 7:10am

International TDS
U.S. Image Plummets Internationally as Most Say Country Has Handled Coronavirus Badly
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: drifting
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 17, 2020 - 6:26am

 R_P wrote: 
No.

And there is something dicey about this website.  It was using up half of my resources just being open on a tab.
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 143, 144, 145  Next