[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Radiohead - R_P - May 13, 2021 - 8:45pm
 
Post your favorite 'You Tube' Videos Here - oldviolin - May 13, 2021 - 8:31pm
 
Republican Party - Red_Dragon - May 13, 2021 - 5:34pm
 
Send support to RP in non-US currencies - westslope - May 13, 2021 - 4:33pm
 
Song of the Day - oldviolin - May 13, 2021 - 2:53pm
 
Trump - R_P - May 13, 2021 - 2:19pm
 
Latin Music - rhahl - May 13, 2021 - 2:17pm
 
Trump Lies™ - R_P - May 13, 2021 - 12:46pm
 
Radio Paradise Comments - GeneP59 - May 13, 2021 - 12:39pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - ScottFromWyoming - May 13, 2021 - 10:19am
 
MQA Stream Coming to BLUOS - Dan888 - May 13, 2021 - 10:09am
 
Last gas price paid? - Dan888 - May 13, 2021 - 10:07am
 
New Music - Proclivities - May 13, 2021 - 10:06am
 
Bitcoin - black321 - May 13, 2021 - 8:45am
 
COVID-19 - miamizsun - May 13, 2021 - 4:58am
 
Protest Songs - kurtster - May 12, 2021 - 9:30pm
 
Bad News / Good News - ScottFromWyoming - May 12, 2021 - 8:08pm
 
RP Daily Trivia Challenge - oldviolin - May 12, 2021 - 8:03pm
 
What other *streams* are you listening too? - Manbird - May 12, 2021 - 7:45pm
 
Electronic Music - Manbird - May 12, 2021 - 7:25pm
 
Things for which you would sell ManBird's soul - Manbird - May 12, 2021 - 6:55pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - R_P - May 12, 2021 - 6:47pm
 
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi... - Manbird - May 12, 2021 - 6:38pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - Manbird - May 12, 2021 - 6:25pm
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - kurtster - May 12, 2021 - 6:02pm
 
Classical Music - Manbird - May 12, 2021 - 5:20pm
 
Climate Change - R_P - May 12, 2021 - 5:00pm
 
songs that ROCK! - oldviolin - May 12, 2021 - 4:55pm
 
Live Music - oldviolin - May 12, 2021 - 4:51pm
 
Steven Wilson - westslope - May 12, 2021 - 3:52pm
 
R&R Hall of Fame Show - haresfur - May 12, 2021 - 3:35pm
 
Billie Eilish on the cover of Vogue - westslope - May 12, 2021 - 3:32pm
 
the Todd Rundgren topic - steeler - May 12, 2021 - 3:04pm
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - May 12, 2021 - 2:51pm
 
Elbow - R_P - May 12, 2021 - 12:35pm
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - NoEnzLefttoSplit - May 12, 2021 - 12:26pm
 
what the hell, miamizsun? - oldviolin - May 12, 2021 - 12:10pm
 
Today in History - cc_rider - May 12, 2021 - 10:33am
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - oldviolin - May 12, 2021 - 10:03am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - sirdroseph - May 12, 2021 - 7:09am
 
RP on Bluesound Node 2i (in the UK) - Dan888 - May 12, 2021 - 5:48am
 
PUNS- Political Punditry and so-called journalism - oldviolin - May 11, 2021 - 7:56pm
 
Name My Band - oldviolin - May 11, 2021 - 7:40pm
 
Military Matters - Red_Dragon - May 11, 2021 - 4:55pm
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - May 11, 2021 - 9:55am
 
Things You Thought Today - GeneP59 - May 11, 2021 - 8:48am
 
Dear BillG, - GeneP59 - May 11, 2021 - 8:38am
 
How big are the shirts? - Proclivities - May 11, 2021 - 8:28am
 
What are you doing RIGHT NOW? - kurtster - May 11, 2021 - 8:00am
 
Favorite Quotes - black321 - May 11, 2021 - 7:10am
 
Cell Phone Hell - Red_Dragon - May 11, 2021 - 6:28am
 
What is the meaning of this? - rhahl - May 11, 2021 - 5:53am
 
Dialing 1-800-Manbird - Manbird - May 10, 2021 - 7:59pm
 
Guns - R_P - May 10, 2021 - 4:47pm
 
Australia and New Zealand Music - haresfur - May 10, 2021 - 4:01pm
 
Good afternoon from the UK - Dan888 - May 10, 2021 - 10:25am
 
Jazz - Ohmsen - May 10, 2021 - 9:12am
 
Graphs, Charts & Maps - ScottFromWyoming - May 10, 2021 - 7:30am
 
Music documentaries - Ohmsen - May 10, 2021 - 7:21am
 
Any exotic birds in your back yard? - sunybuny - May 10, 2021 - 7:07am
 
What the hell OV? - GeneP59 - May 10, 2021 - 6:59am
 
Country Up The Bumpkin - rhahl - May 10, 2021 - 6:40am
 
Play the Blues - rhahl - May 10, 2021 - 6:29am
 
RP via Bluesound - Lagging - Dan888 - May 10, 2021 - 5:12am
 
Breaking News - oldviolin - May 9, 2021 - 9:47pm
 
Black lives matter .... to white police? - kurtster - May 9, 2021 - 3:48pm
 
Race in America - Coaxial - May 9, 2021 - 1:39pm
 
How's the weather? - JrzyTmata - May 9, 2021 - 10:58am
 
Got Road Rage? - Red_Dragon - May 9, 2021 - 8:08am
 
Surfing! - Proclivities - May 9, 2021 - 6:51am
 
Predictions - sirdroseph - May 9, 2021 - 6:21am
 
Photos you have taken of your walks or hikes. - KurtfromLaQuinta - May 8, 2021 - 8:53pm
 
how do you feel right now? - GeneP59 - May 8, 2021 - 3:44pm
 
Automobile Repair - westslope - May 8, 2021 - 9:52am
 
Tomato Gardens - GeneP59 - May 8, 2021 - 9:32am
 
Index » Regional/Local » USA/Canada » Two sexes or ? Gender as a non-binary concept Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post to this Topic
Jiggz



Posted: Apr 12, 2021 - 1:55am

 miamizsun wrote:

a couple of coffee thoughts

sort of an irony in this head line (i'm not sure if editors had anything to do with it)

bruni has complained about gays being stereotyped, then stereotypes republicans (to be fair he puts something like a caveat in there)

are there politicians pandering or trying to make hay from this? i'd say so, but lgbt issues have been huge losers for those opposing them

brink lindsey writes about it and how the religious right (and left) have been stream-rolled in the last ten years or so on what once was a lynchpin issue

another important point that probably isn't getting enough attention is the issue of children coerced into transitioning and are trying de-transition now at a later age

peeps can google that see that this is a real issue (and that it is causing a lot of grief and hardship)

who is responsible or liable for these somewhat irreversible procedures? when are children responsible for making a life changing decision like gender/sex reassignment?

and then realize that it is a mistake? is that cruel?

definitely a slippery slope, the intuitive answer is to let children come of age and then let them decide to have surgeries and hormone therapies, etc.

we do this already with other lifestyle decisions

i'd hope that political leaders could have some sort of rational conversation around this, but the intentional idiotic polarization rules the day

unfortunately we're at a point where the government wants to use its force to ban or mandate things what would normally be nuanced issues

because radical politics

100% agree.....damn, if it isn't italics its bold.....
kids can't drive a car, can't drink in a pub, supposedly can't have sex...but can make an absolutely life-changing decision like transitioning when they don't even know who they are yet.

The lawsuits are beginning and will inevitably mount up.....people suing for being allowed to make the decision to do this when they didn't know better and now find they are not only no happier but usually a lot more unhappy and that a mistake has been made.

The world has gone bonkers!

Because radical politics, as you say.

Peace to you too....
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 11, 2021 - 12:30pm

 R_P wrote:
I thought lifestyle was more of a fashion thing, but it keeps popping up in the strangest contexts: "I don't hate the gays, I just don't like the lifestyle." Seems to be used in lieu of identity in order to trivialize.

maybe try this:

don't hate or harm anyone and someone's lifestyle or decisions how they want to live their lives is their own business

no harm no foul

peace
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Apr 11, 2021 - 10:00am

 miamizsun has concerns too:
children coerced (will someone plllleeeaaaazzzz)

slippery slope (always. inevitably leads to bestiality or worse)

lifestyle decisions (see below)

government wants to use force (uh-uh)


I thought lifestyle was more of a fashion thing, but it keeps popping up in the strangest contexts: "I don't hate the gays, I just don't like the lifestyle." Seems to be used in lieu of identity in order to trivialize.
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 11, 2021 - 6:47am

 R_P wrote:
a couple of coffee thoughts

sort of an irony in this head line (i'm not sure if editors had anything to do with it)

bruni has complained about gays being stereotyped, then stereotypes republicans (to be fair he puts something like a caveat in there)

are there politicians pandering or trying to make hay from this? i'd say so, but lgbt issues have been huge losers for those opposing them

brink lindsey writes about it and how the religious right (and left) have been stream-rolled in the last ten years or so on what once was a lynchpin issue

another important point that probably isn't getting enough attention is the issue of children coerced into transitioning and are trying de-transition now at a later age

peeps can google that see that this is a real issue (and that it is causing a lot of grief and hardship)

who is responsible or liable for these somewhat irreversible procedures? when are children responsible for making a life changing decision like gender/sex reassignment?

and then realize that it is a mistake? is that cruel?

definitely a slippery slope, the intuitive answer is to let children come of age and then let them decide to have surgeries and hormone therapies, etc.

we do this already with other lifestyle decisions

i'd hope that political leaders could have some sort of rational conversation around this, but the intentional idiotic polarization rules the day

unfortunately we're at a point where the government wants to use its force to ban or mandate things what would normally be nuanced issues

because radical politics
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Apr 10, 2021 - 7:19pm

Republicans Have Found Their Cruel New Culture War
triskele

triskele Avatar

Location: The Dragons' Roost


Posted: Dec 3, 2019 - 6:42pm

 R_P wrote:
 
Cool!  Thanks for posting this.
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Nov 15, 2019 - 5:17pm


sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 4, 2019 - 6:34am

 islander wrote:


 sirdroseph wrote:
 islander wrote:


 sirdroseph wrote:
 islander wrote:


 sirdroseph wrote:
I am glad the ludicrous nature of gay conversion therapy was brought up in another thread.
Correlates to my struggle with transgenders and surgery. Firstly, I
have a very strong belief that we should all have the freedom to express
who we are and be proud of it. It is a core value of individualism and
what makes us all unique. Our opinions on LGBQT and Hetero people are
absolutely moot, we are what we are and must learn to exist and co exist
with each other as we were born. Which is why I am against hormone
therapy and plastic surgery to alter one's gender if they do not
identify as such. If you are a man who identifies as a woman, be that.
Dress how you want to dress, talk how you want to talk, you just be
you. Same goes for a woman who identifies as a man, be that. Just
because medical technology allows for you to artificially change
genders, does it mean you should? Not to mention the moral obligations
that are mostly not met for obvious reasons for future love interest and
whether one divulges their birth gender or not. Just as you should not
attempt to change your sexuality, why is it ok to change your gender?
And why is it not ok to change your identity and cultural appropriate
for all other examples except gender? Rachel Dolenz got in a lot of
trouble for passing as black, Elizabeth Warren as Native American and so
forth. People are intentionally blinding themselves because they
identify as being blind, they are also purposely amputating limbs for
the same reason (these things have happened, look them up). Why can't
we just all be happy with who we are and live it?
And conversely we have the same responsibility to accept others as they are. 

In other words be true to yourself.
 Anyway, that is where I have finally landed on that and feel quite comfortable with it.


 

Extra emphasis on the I.  I'm glad that you are finally comfortable with your position. But let me just summarize the lead in paragraph:  "Be who you want to be as long as you don't do anything that sirdoseph is uncomfortable with and he will accept you as you are".    I'm not really comfortable that you are able to reconcile all that. 
 
This is my opinion and you not being comfortable with mine is yours. This does not bother me in the slightest.  I hope this does not make you too uncomfortable because you opinion has an extremely low chance as in nil of affecting mine in any way.  So in essence if my opinion does bother you....."You're gonna have a hard time!"{#Lol} 

And likewise, your level of comfort with anyone else's gender identity, sexual identity, or relationship with their doctor/surgeon/psychologist/milkman/music teacher/metermaid/butcher has little meaning to those people.  So be true to your 'rugged individualist' self and don't try to influence policy or opinion that impacts their ability to just be. 
 

Oh I am fully aware of this and never indicated that my opinion was anything but that, but it is mine.  I wonder if you have the same level of self awareness.

{#Think} 

 

I'm fully aware of my many hypocrisies. But not really relevant as you're the one who started the morning posting a bit about 'everyone should be who I think they should be'.   
 
I believe I said everyone should be who they are, but you are free to interpret any way you like.  My sleep pattern will remain the same either way.{#Sleep}
islander

islander Avatar

Location: Seattle
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 4, 2019 - 6:27am



 sirdroseph wrote:
 islander wrote:


 sirdroseph wrote:
 islander wrote:


 sirdroseph wrote:
I am glad the ludicrous nature of gay conversion therapy was brought up in another thread.
Correlates to my struggle with transgenders and surgery. Firstly, I
have a very strong belief that we should all have the freedom to express
who we are and be proud of it. It is a core value of individualism and
what makes us all unique. Our opinions on LGBQT and Hetero people are
absolutely moot, we are what we are and must learn to exist and co exist
with each other as we were born. Which is why I am against hormone
therapy and plastic surgery to alter one's gender if they do not
identify as such. If you are a man who identifies as a woman, be that.
Dress how you want to dress, talk how you want to talk, you just be
you. Same goes for a woman who identifies as a man, be that. Just
because medical technology allows for you to artificially change
genders, does it mean you should? Not to mention the moral obligations
that are mostly not met for obvious reasons for future love interest and
whether one divulges their birth gender or not. Just as you should not
attempt to change your sexuality, why is it ok to change your gender?
And why is it not ok to change your identity and cultural appropriate
for all other examples except gender? Rachel Dolenz got in a lot of
trouble for passing as black, Elizabeth Warren as Native American and so
forth. People are intentionally blinding themselves because they
identify as being blind, they are also purposely amputating limbs for
the same reason (these things have happened, look them up). Why can't
we just all be happy with who we are and live it?
And conversely we have the same responsibility to accept others as they are. 

In other words be true to yourself.
 Anyway, that is where I have finally landed on that and feel quite comfortable with it.


 

Extra emphasis on the I.  I'm glad that you are finally comfortable with your position. But let me just summarize the lead in paragraph:  "Be who you want to be as long as you don't do anything that sirdoseph is uncomfortable with and he will accept you as you are".    I'm not really comfortable that you are able to reconcile all that. 
 
This is my opinion and you not being comfortable with mine is yours. This does not bother me in the slightest.  I hope this does not make you too uncomfortable because you opinion has an extremely low chance as in nil of affecting mine in any way.  So in essence if my opinion does bother you....."You're gonna have a hard time!"
{#Lol}
 

And likewise, your level of comfort with anyone else's gender identity, sexual identity, or relationship with their doctor/surgeon/psychologist/milkman/music teacher/metermaid/butcher has little meaning to those people.  So be true to your 'rugged individualist' self and don't try to influence policy or opinion that impacts their ability to just be. 
 

Oh I am fully aware of this and never indicated that my opinion was anything but that, but it is mine.  I wonder if you have the same level of self awareness.

{#Think}
 

 

I'm fully aware of my many hypocrisies. But not really relevant as you're the one who started the morning posting a bit about 'everyone should be who I think they should be'.   
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 4, 2019 - 6:03am

 islander wrote:


 sirdroseph wrote:
 islander wrote:


 sirdroseph wrote:
I am glad the ludicrous nature of gay conversion therapy was brought up in another thread.
Correlates to my struggle with transgenders and surgery. Firstly, I
have a very strong belief that we should all have the freedom to express
who we are and be proud of it. It is a core value of individualism and
what makes us all unique. Our opinions on LGBQT and Hetero people are
absolutely moot, we are what we are and must learn to exist and co exist
with each other as we were born. Which is why I am against hormone
therapy and plastic surgery to alter one's gender if they do not
identify as such. If you are a man who identifies as a woman, be that.
Dress how you want to dress, talk how you want to talk, you just be
you. Same goes for a woman who identifies as a man, be that. Just
because medical technology allows for you to artificially change
genders, does it mean you should? Not to mention the moral obligations
that are mostly not met for obvious reasons for future love interest and
whether one divulges their birth gender or not. Just as you should not
attempt to change your sexuality, why is it ok to change your gender?
And why is it not ok to change your identity and cultural appropriate
for all other examples except gender? Rachel Dolenz got in a lot of
trouble for passing as black, Elizabeth Warren as Native American and so
forth. People are intentionally blinding themselves because they
identify as being blind, they are also purposely amputating limbs for
the same reason (these things have happened, look them up). Why can't
we just all be happy with who we are and live it?
And conversely we have the same responsibility to accept others as they are. 

In other words be true to yourself.
 Anyway, that is where I have finally landed on that and feel quite comfortable with it.


 

Extra emphasis on the I.  I'm glad that you are finally comfortable with your position. But let me just summarize the lead in paragraph:  "Be who you want to be as long as you don't do anything that sirdoseph is uncomfortable with and he will accept you as you are".    I'm not really comfortable that you are able to reconcile all that. 
 
This is my opinion and you not being comfortable with mine is yours. This does not bother me in the slightest.  I hope this does not make you too uncomfortable because you opinion has an extremely low chance as in nil of affecting mine in any way.  So in essence if my opinion does bother you....."You're gonna have a hard time!"{#Lol} 

And likewise, your level of comfort with anyone else's gender identity, sexual identity, or relationship with their doctor/surgeon/psychologist/milkman/music teacher/metermaid/butcher has little meaning to those people.  So be true to your 'rugged individualist' self and don't try to influence policy or opinion that impacts their ability to just be. 

 

Oh I am fully aware of this and never indicated that my opinion was anything but that, but it is mine.  I wonder if you have the same level of self awareness.{#Think} 

islander

islander Avatar

Location: Seattle
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 4, 2019 - 5:55am



 sirdroseph wrote:
 islander wrote:


 sirdroseph wrote:
I am glad the ludicrous nature of gay conversion therapy was brought up in another thread.
Correlates to my struggle with transgenders and surgery. Firstly, I
have a very strong belief that we should all have the freedom to express
who we are and be proud of it. It is a core value of individualism and
what makes us all unique. Our opinions on LGBQT and Hetero people are
absolutely moot, we are what we are and must learn to exist and co exist
with each other as we were born. Which is why I am against hormone
therapy and plastic surgery to alter one's gender if they do not
identify as such. If you are a man who identifies as a woman, be that.
Dress how you want to dress, talk how you want to talk, you just be
you. Same goes for a woman who identifies as a man, be that. Just
because medical technology allows for you to artificially change
genders, does it mean you should? Not to mention the moral obligations
that are mostly not met for obvious reasons for future love interest and
whether one divulges their birth gender or not. Just as you should not
attempt to change your sexuality, why is it ok to change your gender?
And why is it not ok to change your identity and cultural appropriate
for all other examples except gender? Rachel Dolenz got in a lot of
trouble for passing as black, Elizabeth Warren as Native American and so
forth. People are intentionally blinding themselves because they
identify as being blind, they are also purposely amputating limbs for
the same reason (these things have happened, look them up). Why can't
we just all be happy with who we are and live it?
And conversely we have the same responsibility to accept others as they are. 

In other words be true to yourself.
 Anyway, that is where I have finally landed on that and feel quite comfortable with it.


 

Extra emphasis on the I.  I'm glad that you are finally comfortable with your position. But let me just summarize the lead in paragraph:  "Be who you want to be as long as you don't do anything that sirdoseph is uncomfortable with and he will accept you as you are".    I'm not really comfortable that you are able to reconcile all that. 
 
This is my opinion and you not being comfortable with mine is yours. This does not bother me in the slightest.  I hope this does not make you too uncomfortable because you opinion has an extremely low chance as in nil of affecting mine in any way.  So in essence if my opinion does bother you....."You're gonna have a hard time!"
{#Lol}
 

And likewise, your level of comfort with anyone else's gender identity, sexual identity, or relationship with their doctor/surgeon/psychologist/milkman/music teacher/metermaid/butcher has little meaning to those people.  So be true to your 'rugged individualist' self and don't try to influence policy or opinion that impacts their ability to just be. 


sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 4, 2019 - 5:50am

 islander wrote:


 sirdroseph wrote:
I am glad the ludicrous nature of gay conversion therapy was brought up in another thread.
Correlates to my struggle with transgenders and surgery. Firstly, I
have a very strong belief that we should all have the freedom to express
who we are and be proud of it. It is a core value of individualism and
what makes us all unique. Our opinions on LGBQT and Hetero people are
absolutely moot, we are what we are and must learn to exist and co exist
with each other as we were born. Which is why I am against hormone
therapy and plastic surgery to alter one's gender if they do not
identify as such. If you are a man who identifies as a woman, be that.
Dress how you want to dress, talk how you want to talk, you just be
you. Same goes for a woman who identifies as a man, be that. Just
because medical technology allows for you to artificially change
genders, does it mean you should? Not to mention the moral obligations
that are mostly not met for obvious reasons for future love interest and
whether one divulges their birth gender or not. Just as you should not
attempt to change your sexuality, why is it ok to change your gender?
And why is it not ok to change your identity and cultural appropriate
for all other examples except gender? Rachel Dolenz got in a lot of
trouble for passing as black, Elizabeth Warren as Native American and so
forth. People are intentionally blinding themselves because they
identify as being blind, they are also purposely amputating limbs for
the same reason (these things have happened, look them up). Why can't
we just all be happy with who we are and live it?
And conversely we have the same responsibility to accept others as they are. 

In other words be true to yourself.
 Anyway, that is where I have finally landed on that and feel quite comfortable with it.


 

Extra emphasis on the I.  I'm glad that you are finally comfortable with your position. But let me just summarize the lead in paragraph:  "Be who you want to be as long as you don't do anything that sirdoseph is uncomfortable with and he will accept you as you are".    I'm not really comfortable that you are able to reconcile all that. 

 
This is my opinion and you not being comfortable with mine is yours. This does not bother me in the slightest.  I hope this does not make you too uncomfortable because you opinion has an extremely low chance as in nil of affecting mine in any way.  So in essence if my opinion does bother you....."You're gonna have a bad time!"{#Lol}

 

 

islander

islander Avatar

Location: Seattle
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 4, 2019 - 5:45am



 sirdroseph wrote:
I am glad the ludicrous nature of gay conversion therapy was brought up in another thread.
Correlates to my struggle with transgenders and surgery. Firstly, I
have a very strong belief that we should all have the freedom to express
who we are and be proud of it. It is a core value of individualism and
what makes us all unique. Our opinions on LGBQT and Hetero people are
absolutely moot, we are what we are and must learn to exist and co exist
with each other as we were born. Which is why I am against hormone
therapy and plastic surgery to alter one's gender if they do not
identify as such. If you are a man who identifies as a woman, be that.
Dress how you want to dress, talk how you want to talk, you just be
you. Same goes for a woman who identifies as a man, be that. Just
because medical technology allows for you to artificially change
genders, does it mean you should? Not to mention the moral obligations
that are mostly not met for obvious reasons for future love interest and
whether one divulges their birth gender or not. Just as you should not
attempt to change your sexuality, why is it ok to change your gender?
And why is it not ok to change your identity and cultural appropriate
for all other examples except gender? Rachel Dolenz got in a lot of
trouble for passing as black, Elizabeth Warren as Native American and so
forth. People are intentionally blinding themselves because they
identify as being blind, they are also purposely amputating limbs for
the same reason (these things have happened, look them up). Why can't
we just all be happy with who we are and live it?
And conversely we have the same responsibility to accept others as they are. 

In other words be true to yourself.


 Anyway, that is where I have finally landed on that and feel quite comfortable with it.




 

Extra emphasis on the I.  I'm glad that you are finally comfortable with your position. But let me just summarize the lead in paragraph:  "Be who you want to be as long as you don't do anything that sirdoseph is uncomfortable with and he will accept you as you are".    I'm not really comfortable that you are able to reconcile all that. 
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 4, 2019 - 1:55am

I am glad the ludicrous nature of gay conversion therapy was brought up in another thread.
Correlates to my struggle with transgenders and surgery. Firstly, I
have a very strong belief that we should all have the freedom to express
who we are and be proud of it. It is a core value of individualism and
what makes us all unique. Our opinions on LGBQT and Hetero people are
absolutely moot, we are what we are and must learn to exist and co exist
with each other as we were born. Which is why I am against hormone
therapy and plastic surgery to alter one's gender if they do not
identify as such. If you are a man who identifies as a woman, be that.
Dress how you want to dress, talk how you want to talk, you just be
you. Same goes for a woman who identifies as a man, be that. Just
because medical technology allows for you to artificially change
genders, does it mean you should? Not to mention the moral obligations
that are mostly not met for obvious reasons for future love interest and
whether one divulges their birth gender or not. Just as you should not
attempt to change your sexuality, why is it ok to change your gender?
And why is it not ok to change your identity and cultural appropriate
for all other examples except gender? Rachel Dolenz got in a lot of
trouble for passing as black, Elizabeth Warren as Native American and so
forth. People are intentionally blinding themselves because they
identify as being blind, they are also purposely amputating limbs for
the same reason (these things have happened, look them up). Why can't
we just all be happy with who we are and live it?
And conversely we have the same responsibility to accept others as they are. 

In other words be true to yourself.


 Anyway, that is where I have finally landed on that and feel quite comfortable with it.

R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Mar 30, 2019 - 4:44pm

New legislation in Kansas would pay students a $2500 bounty for reporting on transgender classmates using the “wrong” bathroom.

In Kansas, the “Student Physical Privacy Act” effectively places a bounty on the state’s transgender student population. Senate Bill 513 and House Bill 2737 together known as the “Student Physical Privacy Act” mandates that any student who witnesses a transgender schoolmate heading into a bathroom that doesn’t match the gender they were assigned at birth can sue their school for $2,500.

The proposed legislation would apply not only to public schools, but all public universities in the state as well, guaranteeing that anyone who saw someone transgender in the bathroom could sue their school for $2,500 for every time that it happened.

(...)

The Advocate reports that similar bills in South Dakota and Tennessee that would restrict transgender students’ bathroom access recently failed.

Lazy8

Lazy8 Avatar

Location: The Gallatin Valley of Montana
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 24, 2019 - 10:33am

Trump’s Transgender Military Ban and Lessons from a Lifetime of Gender-Policing

By
January 23, 2019

When I was growing up, in the Soviet Union, every document—identity
papers, personnel files, student records, police reports, application
forms of every kind—contained the category of ethnicity. Mine said
“Jewish,” a characteristic as physical and immutable in the eyes of
Soviet law and Russian culture as gender is in most of the contemporary
United States. In the late nineties, years after the collapse of the
Soviet Union, when I was working as a writer at a liberal news magazine
in Moscow, I objected to the human-resources department’s use of old
Soviet forms that asked for an ethnicity. The H.R. staff couldn’t
understand my objections. Why would I not want to list my ethnicity? “We
won’t tell anyone,” one of them promised, trying to be helpful. My
efforts to explain to Americans why I don’t believe that documents
should list a person’s gender have generally been just as futile.

R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 22, 2019 - 3:17pm

Supreme Court allows Trump's partial ban on transgender troops in military to take effect
meower

meower Avatar

Location: i believe, i believe, it's silly, but I believe
Gender: Female


Posted: Nov 1, 2018 - 5:26am

 p4jkafla wrote:

Yep. She's pretty bad ass.
 
Our president doesn't seem to be able to do that. But then again, he's only interested in kowtowing  to his fan base.
 
I can handle his shit, but frankly, he's absolutely, unequivocally making trans children and their parents terrified for their future.


 
not mine.
p4jkafla

p4jkafla Avatar

Location: New England, USA
Gender: Female


Posted: Oct 31, 2018 - 2:32pm

 haresfur wrote:
Transferred from another topic:

 
I'm so sorry about all that shit. Although Australia is still far from where it needs to be, even our conservative somewhat homophobic ex-Prime Minister Tony Abbott, was accepting of our highest-ranking transgender member of the Australian Defence Force, Cate McGregor. I think it was he could see her as a person, not a label.

 
Yep. She's pretty bad ass.
 
Our president doesn't seem to be able to do that. But then again, he's only interested in kowtowing  to his fan base.
 
I can handle his shit, but frankly, he's absolutely, unequivocally making trans children and their parents terrified for their future.

haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 31, 2018 - 1:23pm

Transferred from another topic:

 p4jkafla wrote:
 PoundPuppy wrote:
Hey p4jkafla long time no see.. you doing ok?

 Nice to see you too!
 
Kind of ok, ya know? Its the first time in my life that I feel my government is actually working against my very existence, but other than that...

Hows you?

  
I'm so sorry about all that shit. Although Australia is still far from where it needs to be, even our conservative somewhat homophobic ex-Prime Minister Tony Abbott, was accepting of our highest-ranking transgender member of the Australian Defence Force, Cate McGregor. I think it was he could see her as a person, not a label.
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next