[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Radio Paradise Comments - miamizsun - Jan 22, 2021 - 4:49am
 
what the hell, miamizsun? - miamizsun - Jan 22, 2021 - 4:43am
 
Sweet horrible irony. - sirdroseph - Jan 22, 2021 - 4:38am
 
Joe Biden - sirdroseph - Jan 22, 2021 - 4:32am
 
Freedom of speech? - sirdroseph - Jan 22, 2021 - 4:05am
 
What's so funny about peace love and understanding? - miamizsun - Jan 22, 2021 - 4:04am
 
Liberal please, - sirdroseph - Jan 22, 2021 - 3:56am
 
New Music on Radio Paradise - whatshisname - Jan 22, 2021 - 3:56am
 
Sade Vinyl Unboxing & New Album - ufamsm - Jan 21, 2021 - 9:37pm
 
Our tolerance for opposing views - islander - Jan 21, 2021 - 9:36pm
 
COVID-19 - Ohmsen - Jan 21, 2021 - 9:02pm
 
RPeep News You Should Know - ScottFromWyoming - Jan 21, 2021 - 8:26pm
 
Republican Party - kurtster - Jan 21, 2021 - 7:44pm
 
Trump - Ohmsen - Jan 21, 2021 - 7:22pm
 
Bernie Sanders - haresfur - Jan 21, 2021 - 4:00pm
 
Name My Band - Red_Dragon - Jan 21, 2021 - 3:24pm
 
Know your memes - rhahl - Jan 21, 2021 - 2:44pm
 
Social Media Are Changing Everything - Ohmsen - Jan 21, 2021 - 1:17pm
 
New Music - Ohmsen - Jan 21, 2021 - 12:50pm
 
That's good advice - rhahl - Jan 21, 2021 - 11:24am
 
Terrorist Watch! - sirdroseph - Jan 21, 2021 - 10:02am
 
Crazy conspiracy theories - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jan 21, 2021 - 9:01am
 
Things You Thought Today - miamizsun - Jan 21, 2021 - 8:31am
 
honk if you think manbird and OV are one and the same ent... - oldviolin - Jan 21, 2021 - 8:18am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Jan 21, 2021 - 7:39am
 
What Makes You Sad? - sirdroseph - Jan 21, 2021 - 4:35am
 
Poetry Forum - ScottN - Jan 20, 2021 - 7:56pm
 
Live Music - oldviolin - Jan 20, 2021 - 7:54pm
 
Finally, some news that we can all smile about - miamizsun - Jan 20, 2021 - 6:44pm
 
the Todd Rundgren topic - miamizsun - Jan 20, 2021 - 6:25pm
 
Yes - miamizsun - Jan 20, 2021 - 6:07pm
 
What Makes You Laugh? - miamizsun - Jan 20, 2021 - 5:39pm
 
Derplahoma! - miamizsun - Jan 20, 2021 - 5:34pm
 
Immigration - miamizsun - Jan 20, 2021 - 5:29pm
 
Manbird's Stones - Isabeau - Jan 20, 2021 - 12:58pm
 
Trump Lies - R_P - Jan 20, 2021 - 12:11pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - black321 - Jan 20, 2021 - 12:10pm
 
Knikken Knokken Sorensen Filter Users Thread - miamizsun - Jan 20, 2021 - 10:30am
 
RP Rock Mix: Repetiion - jeglenn - Jan 20, 2021 - 10:20am
 
Latin Music - rhahl - Jan 20, 2021 - 8:44am
 
Vocabulary Quiz - rhahl - Jan 20, 2021 - 7:39am
 
American Justice - sirdroseph - Jan 20, 2021 - 7:12am
 
Philosophy (Meaty Metaphysical Munchables!) - sirdroseph - Jan 20, 2021 - 6:29am
 
What Makes You Cry :) ? - haresfur - Jan 19, 2021 - 4:14pm
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - oldviolin - Jan 19, 2021 - 2:04pm
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - geoff_morphini - Jan 19, 2021 - 1:59pm
 
Google Docs (Docs, Spreadsheets, etc) - ScottFromWyoming - Jan 19, 2021 - 1:54pm
 
Outstanding Covers - rhahl - Jan 19, 2021 - 10:47am
 
Baby words that stuck in your family - Isabeau - Jan 19, 2021 - 10:02am
 
Got my Goat - GeneP59 - Jan 19, 2021 - 9:47am
 
Capital Punishment - cc_rider - Jan 19, 2021 - 7:57am
 
It's the economy stupid. - sirdroseph - Jan 19, 2021 - 7:25am
 
Mellow mix in Vorbis? Please. - lagstrom64119 - Jan 19, 2021 - 5:20am
 
Anti-War - sirdroseph - Jan 19, 2021 - 4:36am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - sirdroseph - Jan 19, 2021 - 4:10am
 
By jimminy! Cricket! - haresfur - Jan 19, 2021 - 12:31am
 
What The Hell Buddy? - Coaxial - Jan 18, 2021 - 9:50pm
 
What makes you smile? - Antigone - Jan 18, 2021 - 3:49pm
 
The death penalty on trial? - black321 - Jan 18, 2021 - 1:06pm
 
What did you have for dinner? - Antigone - Jan 18, 2021 - 10:27am
 
Fox Spews - rgio - Jan 18, 2021 - 8:49am
 
Language - rhahl - Jan 18, 2021 - 7:35am
 
Counting with Pictures - yuel - Jan 18, 2021 - 6:47am
 
Jam! - rhahl - Jan 17, 2021 - 1:10pm
 
A motivational quote - kurtster - Jan 17, 2021 - 11:41am
 
Regarding dogs - rhahl - Jan 17, 2021 - 11:10am
 
The Obituary Page - rgio - Jan 17, 2021 - 9:48am
 
Best movies ever? - rhahl - Jan 17, 2021 - 3:41am
 
Breaking News - kurtster - Jan 16, 2021 - 4:37pm
 
Automotive Lust - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jan 16, 2021 - 4:28pm
 
What Are You Going To Do Today? - miamizsun - Jan 16, 2021 - 5:54am
 
Flim Festivals on Now - rhahl - Jan 16, 2021 - 3:59am
 
2020 Elections - haresfur - Jan 15, 2021 - 8:44pm
 
What is the meaning of this? - Isabeau - Jan 15, 2021 - 2:00pm
 
Climate Change - R_P - Jan 15, 2021 - 12:47pm
 
Index » Internet/Computer » Streaming/Media » Google Home Page: 1, 2  Next
Post to this Topic
jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 1:57pm

Unfortunately with Google  Assistant,  TuneIn is the only way I'm aware of to start an RP stream from voice commands.  
They have been very slow in opening this up to third parties.

The closest you can get is to start the music using one of the apps. 
( The Sonos app  or  can try casting from the the RP android app )

Then once it's playing you can give voice commands to skip, pause.
The resume command can be used to start it,  but Google doesn't remember what was paused for very long.   The Sonos on the other hand should remember for days.
Can usually walk up to it anytime and hit the play button to have it resume whatever service it was last playing.   



 BillG wrote:


 joshualawton89 wrote:
Hi Folks, 

Just thought I'd add my query here. I imagine it's probably been discussed previously, but I couldn't see directly in the thread below. 

I'm trying to access RP playlists from Google Home voice command (either through the nest mini speaker or through my connected Sonos) . RP radio station proper won't stream as Tunein doesn't work in the UK. I don't know if anybody has been able to get a successful voice command to work?

I've tried "play RP mellow mix"; "play Radio Paradise Mellow Mix" "Play Mellow Mix from RP on Sonos" etc. etc. but nothing works. At best it keeps playing dubious electronic/house music or anything with the word 'mix' or 'paradise' in it.

It may be that it just isn't possible yet. I didn't necessarily want to use the app and cast as I was hoping to get a completely touch-free experience. I concede I may have to wait though.

Thanks in advance.

Josh
 

Sorry, Josh.  Currently there's no way to listen via TuneIn in the UK. 

On Sonos, you can use our Sonos Music Service, but that won't work with voice commands. There is a bit of voice integration between Google Home and our Android app. I'll have Jarro, our Android expert jump in on that.
 


BillG

BillG Avatar

Location: Left Coast
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 9:18am



 joshualawton89 wrote:
Hi Folks, 

Just thought I'd add my query here. I imagine it's probably been discussed previously, but I couldn't see directly in the thread below. 

I'm trying to access RP playlists from Google Home voice command (either through the nest mini speaker or through my connected Sonos) . RP radio station proper won't stream as Tunein doesn't work in the UK. I don't know if anybody has been able to get a successful voice command to work?

I've tried "play RP mellow mix"; "play Radio Paradise Mellow Mix" "Play Mellow Mix from RP on Sonos" etc. etc. but nothing works. At best it keeps playing dubious electronic/house music or anything with the word 'mix' or 'paradise' in it.

It may be that it just isn't possible yet. I didn't necessarily want to use the app and cast as I was hoping to get a completely touch-free experience. I concede I may have to wait though.

Thanks in advance.

Josh
 

Sorry, Josh.  Currently there's no way to listen via TuneIn in the UK. 

On Sonos, you can use our Sonos Music Service, but that won't work with voice commands. There is a bit of voice integration between Google Home and our Android app. I'll have Jarro, our Android expert jump in on that.
joshualawton89

joshualawton89 Avatar



Posted: Nov 27, 2020 - 8:00am

Hi Folks, 

Just thought I'd add my query here. I imagine it's probably been discussed previously, but I couldn't see directly in the thread below. 

I'm trying to access RP playlists from Google Home voice command (either through the nest mini speaker or through my connected Sonos) . RP radio station proper won't stream as Tunein doesn't work in the UK. I don't know if anybody has been able to get a successful voice command to work?

I've tried "play RP mellow mix"; "play Radio Paradise Mellow Mix" "Play Mellow Mix from RP on Sonos" etc. etc. but nothing works. At best it keeps playing dubious electronic/house music or anything with the word 'mix' or 'paradise' in it.

It may be that it just isn't possible yet. I didn't necessarily want to use the app and cast as I was hoping to get a completely touch-free experience. I concede I may have to wait though.

Thanks in advance.

Josh
apsteinmetz

apsteinmetz Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 30, 2020 - 12:55pm



 BillG wrote:


 apsteinmetz wrote:
A couple questions.  Some folks have referred to the ability to cast the RP phone app to the Google speaker.  How do you do this?  I see an Apple airplay icon on the iphone RP app screen but no google cast.

I'm interested in this because I can't get the alternative RP streams to play on the Google speaker.  "Hey, Google, play Radio Paradise on TuneIn" works (U.S.) but trying anything else ("Rock Mix", "Mellow", "Eclectic") results in Google responding "playlists aren't available on TuneIn."  Thanks.
 

Casting to Google Home is only available on our Android app. Sorry about that. 
 
Thanks!  TuneIn iPhone app does cast to Google devices, so problem worked around.  Still a mystery why Google can't directly find the alternative streams on TuneIn.

jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 21, 2020 - 12:58pm

You  should be able to do this from the TuneIn app directly.    If not,  there's a few streaming apps on iOS that support casting.    Not sure which one to recommend though.

 apsteinmetz wrote:
A couple questions.  Some folks have referred to the ability to cast the RP phone app to the Google speaker.  How do you do this?  I see an Apple airplay icon on the iphone RP app screen but no google cast.

I'm interested in this because I can't get the alternative RP streams to play on the Google speaker.  "Hey, Google, play Radio Paradise on TuneIn" works (U.S.) but trying anything else ("Rock Mix", "Mellow", "Eclectic") results in Google responding "playlists aren't available on TuneIn."  Thanks.
 


BillG

BillG Avatar

Location: Left Coast
Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 21, 2020 - 4:54am



 apsteinmetz wrote:
A couple questions.  Some folks have referred to the ability to cast the RP phone app to the Google speaker.  How do you do this?  I see an Apple airplay icon on the iphone RP app screen but no google cast.

I'm interested in this because I can't get the alternative RP streams to play on the Google speaker.  "Hey, Google, play Radio Paradise on TuneIn" works (U.S.) but trying anything else ("Rock Mix", "Mellow", "Eclectic") results in Google responding "playlists aren't available on TuneIn."  Thanks.
 

Casting to Google Home is only available on our Android app. Sorry about that. 
apsteinmetz

apsteinmetz Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Jul 20, 2020 - 12:52pm

A couple questions.  Some folks have referred to the ability to cast the RP phone app to the Google speaker.  How do you do this?  I see an Apple airplay icon on the iphone RP app screen but no google cast.

I'm interested in this because I can't get the alternative RP streams to play on the Google speaker.  "Hey, Google, play Radio Paradise on TuneIn" works (U.S.) but trying anything else ("Rock Mix", "Mellow", "Eclectic") results in Google responding "playlists aren't available on TuneIn."  Thanks.
jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 27, 2020 - 10:01pm

My understanding is  tunein  uses  the 320k  aac  stream.
So only step up from that would be if you have the wifi quality set to flac in the Android app before you start casting.


 oHelvetos wrote:


 jarro wrote:

If you play radio paradise via tune in it will play the live stream which would be in sync.

If you use a phone/tablet  to cast to the  home speaker you can use the phone to sync.   But the only voice commands available are the generic ones like  pause/resume and skip.


 jimmymac54 wrote:
Is there a way to sync using Google Home?
 

 


I just noticed that in addition to pause, resume and skip questions about the currently playing song are also working on Google home (current song, album, year). Pretty cool. I suppose that the audio quality is also better through chromecast than tuneIn
 


oHelvetos

oHelvetos Avatar



Posted: Jun 27, 2020 - 6:35am



 jarro wrote:

If you play radio paradise via tune in it will play the live stream which would be in sync.

If you use a phone/tablet  to cast to the  home speaker you can use the phone to sync.   But the only voice commands available are the generic ones like  pause/resume and skip.


 jimmymac54 wrote:
Is there a way to sync using Google Home?
 

 


I just noticed that in addition to pause, resume and skip questions about the currently playing song are also working on Google home (current song, album, year). Pretty cool. I suppose that the audio quality is also better through chromecast than tuneIn
jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 16, 2020 - 1:00pm


If you play radio paradise via tune in it will play the live stream which would be in sync.

If you use a phone/tablet  to cast to the  home speaker you can use the phone to sync.   But the only voice commands available are the generic ones like  pause/resume and skip.


 jimmymac54 wrote:
Is there a way to sync using Google Home?
 


jimmymac54

jimmymac54 Avatar



Posted: Feb 16, 2020 - 11:19am

Is there a way to sync using Google Home?
jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 3, 2020 - 8:58am

Sort of,  they haven't  opened up the ability to start  casting by voice command.     Best you can do at this point is  cast to the speaker and then use  voice commands to skip and pause.

 burger.ga wrote:
Now that there is native Google Cast support, we can skip TuneIn and use the native app right? Would be nice to be able to say "Play Radio Paridise", and be able to skip numbers etc. 
 


burger.ga

burger.ga Avatar



Posted: Dec 30, 2019 - 9:02am

Now that there is native Google Cast support, we can skip TuneIn and use the native app right? Would be nice to be able to say "Play Radio Paridise", and be able to skip numbers etc. 
capooti

capooti Avatar



Posted: Mar 19, 2019 - 6:09am



 capooti wrote:


 BillG wrote:


 capooti wrote:


 BillG wrote:


 capooti wrote:
got one today. Can't make this working, everytime I say "Het Google play Radio Paradise" it will play the Radio Paradise list on spotify. Which is not the radio. Doh!
 

Try "Play Radio Paradise on TuneIn" . 
 

it is complaining "that is not available on tune in" 

thanks anyway
 

Hmmm...  Works fine for me. 

What country are you in? 

Are you sure you're saying "radio paradise"  rather than "paradise radio" or just 'paradise"?
 

In Massachusetts. It must be my Italian accent then :)
I will check tonight if my wife's voice works better 

 

It is now working, not sure what changed from yesterday. I noticed that G Home is sometime get to the Spotify playlist rather than the TuneIn channel when saying "Hey Google play RP on TuneIn". Instead with "Hey Google play RP on Radio" works always well.
capooti

capooti Avatar



Posted: Mar 18, 2019 - 2:59pm



 BillG wrote:


 capooti wrote:


 BillG wrote:


 capooti wrote:
got one today. Can't make this working, everytime I say "Het Google play Radio Paradise" it will play the Radio Paradise list on spotify. Which is not the radio. Doh!
 

Try "Play Radio Paradise on TuneIn" . 
 

it is complaining "that is not available on tune in" 

thanks anyway
 

Hmmm...  Works fine for me. 

What country are you in? 

Are you sure you're saying "radio paradise"  rather than "paradise radio" or just 'paradise"?
 

In Massachusetts. It must be my Italian accent then :)
I will check tonight if my wife's voice works better 
BillG

BillG Avatar

Location: Left Coast
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 18, 2019 - 2:54pm



 capooti wrote:


 BillG wrote:


 capooti wrote:
got one today. Can't make this working, everytime I say "Het Google play Radio Paradise" it will play the Radio Paradise list on spotify. Which is not the radio. Doh!
 

Try "Play Radio Paradise on TuneIn" . 
 

it is complaining "that is not available on tune in" 

thanks anyway
 

Hmmm...  Works fine for me. 

What country are you in? 

Are you sure you're saying "radio paradise"  rather than "paradise radio" or just 'paradise"?
capooti

capooti Avatar



Posted: Mar 18, 2019 - 2:44pm



 BillG wrote:


 capooti wrote:
got one today. Can't make this working, everytime I say "Het Google play Radio Paradise" it will play the Radio Paradise list on spotify. Which is not the radio. Doh!
 

Try "Play Radio Paradise on TuneIn" . 
 

it is complaining "that is not available on tune in" 
thanks anyway
BillG

BillG Avatar

Location: Left Coast
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 18, 2019 - 2:03pm



 capooti wrote:
got one today. Can't make this working, everytime I say "Het Google play Radio Paradise" it will play the Radio Paradise list on spotify. Which is not the radio. Doh!
 

Try "Play Radio Paradise on TuneIn" . 
capooti

capooti Avatar



Posted: Mar 18, 2019 - 12:20pm

got one today. Can't make this working, everytime I say "Het Google play Radio Paradise" it will play the Radio Paradise list on spotify. Which is not the radio. Doh!
jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 17, 2018 - 1:38am


Can add a bit to this.
There's still only a handful of audio apps you can launch by voice.
https://support.google.com/googlehome/answer/7172483?hl=en&ref_topic=7195641

It seems The Google Home apps are actually just chromecast  apps under the hood.    Since when you launch something like tunein it shows a casting notification on any connected Android phones.  Which can be used to stop the audio.

Currently you can cast the Android beta app to google home and  give  standard audio commands  like skip / pause / resume 


 
Benvolio wrote:


Hey Bill,

How are things progressing with the Google Home App? It seems like the development of it would be a shortcut versus adding the Chromecasting function to both your Android and iOS Apps, and likely give the user better control over bitrates.

Personally, I'm asking as I moved my multi-room audio tech from Squeezebox to Chromecast Audio, and for some reason I can't control TuneIn's bit rates AND it drops a second or two every other song though I have great WAN and LAN stats.

Thanks man,

-Ben

 

Page: 1, 2  Next