[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

how do you feel right now? - GeneP59 - Feb 17, 2020 - 4:08pm
 
Trump - Red_Dragon - Feb 17, 2020 - 4:03pm
 
Democratic Party - Red_Dragon - Feb 17, 2020 - 3:57pm
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - blackjellybean - Feb 17, 2020 - 2:14pm
 
Museum Of Bad Album Covers - RabbitEars - Feb 17, 2020 - 2:11pm
 
RP 20th anniversary, Feb 2020 - miamizsun - Feb 17, 2020 - 1:02pm
 
What Makes You Sad? - westslope - Feb 17, 2020 - 11:56am
 
Show us your NEW _______________!!!! - sunybuny - Feb 17, 2020 - 11:45am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - sunybuny - Feb 17, 2020 - 11:41am
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - oldviolin - Feb 17, 2020 - 10:56am
 
Things You Thought Today - Steely_D - Feb 17, 2020 - 9:54am
 
Family Ties - miamizsun - Feb 17, 2020 - 8:03am
 
Counting with Pictures - Proclivities - Feb 17, 2020 - 6:52am
 
Climate Change - Ohmsen - Feb 17, 2020 - 3:14am
 
Live Music - R_P - Feb 16, 2020 - 10:35pm
 
Google Home - jarro - Feb 16, 2020 - 1:00pm
 
What are you listening to now? - SeriousLee - Feb 16, 2020 - 7:39am
 
Back to the 90's - R_P - Feb 15, 2020 - 7:34pm
 
Maps • Google • GeoGuessr - Ohmsen - Feb 15, 2020 - 5:03pm
 
March Of The Locusts - R_P - Feb 15, 2020 - 3:31pm
 
Today in History - Ohmsen - Feb 15, 2020 - 2:39pm
 
Health Care - R_P - Feb 15, 2020 - 2:29pm
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - Ohmsen - Feb 15, 2020 - 2:28pm
 
(Big) Media Watch - R_P - Feb 15, 2020 - 12:12pm
 
hAPPY aNNIVERSARY bUZZ and jRZYTMATA - Coaxial - Feb 14, 2020 - 6:28pm
 
Valentine 's - You wouldn't see today... - Antigone - Feb 14, 2020 - 4:05pm
 
Name My Band - buddy - Feb 14, 2020 - 12:41pm
 
Canada - R_P - Feb 14, 2020 - 12:37pm
 
Amazon Products (May Contain Spam) - ScottFromWyoming - Feb 14, 2020 - 12:00pm
 
Best Song Comments. - ScottFromWyoming - Feb 14, 2020 - 8:42am
 
A motivational quote - Proclivities - Feb 14, 2020 - 7:52am
 
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest - buddy - Feb 14, 2020 - 7:16am
 
Preferred media player? - haresfur - Feb 13, 2020 - 10:32pm
 
Growing Humanity... - black321 - Feb 13, 2020 - 6:39pm
 
ok, am i crazy? - pilgrim - Feb 13, 2020 - 4:56pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - Red_Dragon - Feb 13, 2020 - 3:25pm
 
The Obituary Page - oldviolin - Feb 13, 2020 - 3:24pm
 
Trump Lies - R_P - Feb 13, 2020 - 2:16pm
 
The House I Want (Today) - miamizsun - Feb 13, 2020 - 1:55pm
 
Bill and Rebecca, Thank You - BillG - Feb 13, 2020 - 1:17pm
 
kurtster's quiet vinyl - kurtster - Feb 13, 2020 - 11:27am
 
Is there any DOG news out there? - Antigone - Feb 13, 2020 - 11:13am
 
Bernie Sanders - R_P - Feb 13, 2020 - 10:45am
 
Business as Usual - R_P - Feb 12, 2020 - 10:37pm
 
Bryston BDP Pi - jbuhl - Feb 12, 2020 - 4:26pm
 
Films you're excited about. - miamizsun - Feb 12, 2020 - 2:28pm
 
Australia Burns - haresfur - Feb 12, 2020 - 1:20pm
 
Immigration - steeler - Feb 12, 2020 - 9:36am
 
FLAC Streaming - icculus - Feb 12, 2020 - 7:35am
 
songs that ROCK! - sirdroseph - Feb 12, 2020 - 6:13am
 
Tech & Science - miamizsun - Feb 12, 2020 - 5:20am
 
New Music - miamizsun - Feb 12, 2020 - 5:16am
 
What Makes You Laugh? - miamizsun - Feb 12, 2020 - 4:59am
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - Feb 11, 2020 - 8:28pm
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - oppositelock - Feb 11, 2020 - 6:07pm
 
Those lovable acronym guys & gals - R_P - Feb 11, 2020 - 5:43pm
 
WTF??!! - Steely_D - Feb 11, 2020 - 5:12pm
 
Other Medical Stuff - haresfur - Feb 11, 2020 - 4:05pm
 
2020 Elections - miamizsun - Feb 11, 2020 - 1:12pm
 
Taxes, Taxes, Taxes (and Taxes) - rgio - Feb 11, 2020 - 11:16am
 
Corrections - ScottFromWyoming - Feb 11, 2020 - 8:40am
 
~ Have a good joke you can post? ~ - Steely_D - Feb 10, 2020 - 10:40pm
 
Republican Party - Steely_D - Feb 10, 2020 - 10:36pm
 
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix - Antigone - Feb 10, 2020 - 3:59pm
 
Are you ready for some football? - miamizsun - Feb 10, 2020 - 3:58pm
 
Cell Phone Hell - miamizsun - Feb 10, 2020 - 3:51pm
 
Who Would You Like To See As President? - miamizsun - Feb 10, 2020 - 3:12pm
 
Photos you have taken of other people - ScottFromWyoming - Feb 10, 2020 - 1:19pm
 
Poetry Forum - ScottN - Feb 10, 2020 - 6:51am
 
Words that should be put on the substitutes bench for a year - sirdroseph - Feb 10, 2020 - 5:52am
 
What Are You Going To Do Today? - SeriousLee - Feb 9, 2020 - 1:27pm
 
The Grateful Dead - buddy - Feb 9, 2020 - 12:25pm
 
What makes you smile? - miamizsun - Feb 9, 2020 - 11:16am
 
Impeachment Time: - miamizsun - Feb 9, 2020 - 11:15am
 
KUDOS for BillG - miamizsun - Feb 9, 2020 - 11:13am
 
Index » Internet/Computer » The Web » Graphs, Charts & Maps Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Post to this Topic
Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 7, 2020 - 6:36am


R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 31, 2020 - 12:49pm


miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 28, 2020 - 4:41am

 Red_Dragon wrote:
Nah; it's those damned iquanas.
 


we call it chicken of the trees

bbq? try garrobo on a stick
ColdMiser

ColdMiser Avatar

Location: On the Trail
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 27, 2020 - 5:37pm



 kurtster wrote:
I love how every state surrounding New Jersey hates NJ and NJ hates Everyone . I've lived half my life in NJ and the only state I can honestly say I hate is Connecticut. 


sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 27, 2020 - 12:02pm

 miamizsun wrote:

alabama, georgia and florida all hate florida?  {#Lol}

alabama hates us because we ripped them off on coastline

georgia hates us because of a sports rivalry

not sure why floridians hate florida

probably florida man
 
Well I live in Georgia now and have lived in Florida before though I am from South Carolina and I can tell you the whole southeast is Florida, man.{#Lol}
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 27, 2020 - 11:59am

 Proclivities wrote:


 kurtster wrote:
 
Looks pretty accurate judging by my experiences except maybe So. Carolina - hates Ohio most?  The New England states seem accurate for sure.  NJ hates "everyone"?  

 
Isn't that Nebraska for South Carolina which is even stranger. {#Lol}  Ok I can see the subtle shades of purple and it appears it is Ohio.  I am from South Carolina and I don't get the Ohio  either, I thought we would have completed the clean sweep of Florida.
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 27, 2020 - 11:54am



 miamizsun wrote:

alabama, georgia and florida all hate florida?  
{#Lol}


alabama hates us because we ripped them off on coastline

georgia hates us because of a sports rivalry

not sure why floridians hate florida

probably florida man
 

Asia’s crowded. Europe’s too old.
Africa is far too hot and Canada’s too cold.
South America stole our name.
Let’s drop the big one; there’ll be no one left to blame us.

Let’s save Australia. Don’t want to hurt no kangaroo.
We’ll build an all American amusement park there. 
They’ve got surfin’ too! 


Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Jan 27, 2020 - 11:43am

 miamizsun wrote:

alabama, georgia and florida all hate florida?  {#Lol}

alabama hates us because we ripped them off on coastline

georgia hates us because of a sports rivalry

not sure why floridians hate florida

probably florida man
 
Nah; it's those damned iquanas.
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 27, 2020 - 11:14am

 Proclivities wrote:


 kurtster wrote:
 
Looks pretty accurate judging by my experiences except maybe So. Carolina - hates Ohio most?  The New England states seem accurate for sure.  NJ hates "everyone"?  

 
alabama, georgia and florida all hate florida?  {#Lol}

alabama hates us because we ripped them off on coastline

georgia hates us because of a sports rivalry

not sure why floridians hate florida

probably florida man
black321

black321 Avatar

Location: A sunset in the desert
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 27, 2020 - 10:37am



 cc_rider wrote:


 black321 wrote:

 R_P wrote:

 
If ur in NY or CA, ur pretty much screwed. 

 
I don't see it that way at all. Sure, NY and CA have high tax rates, but the important thing is how equitable they are. In Texas for example, property taxes and sales tax substitute for income tax. Sales taxes are notoriously regressive, although Texas includes a number of non-taxed items like staple foods.

Property taxes in Texas are unrelated to the property owners' ability to pay. That's the crux of the problem. Certainly a big part of why we're #2 in taxation inequity.

Families are being forced out of their homes because they cannot pay their ever-increasing property taxes. Wages are stagnant or slow-growing, but property taxes go up every year. You're supposed to sell and move? To where? Housing costs are skyrocketing, with no end in sight. People on fixed incomes, what are they supposed to do? Get a job? Many are retired or disabled, unable to work. Their house is often their only asset, but the State takes a larger and larger chunk of their meager income every year. Renters do not escape the bind either, because landlords pass along their tax burden to them.

Texas has always been proud of its no-income-tax status, but that hubris has come around in a cruel way, constantly squeezing people more and more. Which puts more strain on social services, which are funded by property taxes...

If you make a lot of money, you should pay a fair percentage in taxes. If you don't make much money, or are dependent on the government (retired, disabled), you shouldn't pay as high a percentage. But property taxes DON'T CARE how much money you make. They demand more and more every year. It's grossly unfair, as the handy chart suggests.

my rant is over...
c.


 

got ur point, Tx is less equitable. NY and Ca less so, but still worse than average across the board.  
The median home value on long island is about $375k, with very few options below $250k. For the median home, you're also paying about $9-$10k in property taxes, sales tax close to 9% and income tax from 4%-8.8%.  CA is worse from an income tax and ownership perspective...higher real estate prices. But they seem to have more affordable rental options.
cc_rider

cc_rider Avatar

Location: Bastrop
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 27, 2020 - 10:07am



 black321 wrote:

 R_P wrote:

 
If ur in NY or CA, ur pretty much screwed. 

 
I don't see it that way at all. Sure, NY and CA have high tax rates, but the important thing is how equitable they are. In Texas for example, property taxes and sales tax substitute for income tax. Sales taxes are notoriously regressive, although Texas includes a number of non-taxed items like staple foods.

Property taxes in Texas are unrelated to the property owners' ability to pay. That's the crux of the problem. Certainly a big part of why we're #2 in taxation inequity.

Families are being forced out of their homes because they cannot pay their ever-increasing property taxes. Wages are stagnant or slow-growing, but property taxes go up every year. You're supposed to sell and move? To where? Housing costs are skyrocketing, with no end in sight. People on fixed incomes, what are they supposed to do? Get a job? Many are retired or disabled, unable to work. Their house is often their only asset, but the State takes a larger and larger chunk of their meager income every year. Renters do not escape the bind either, because landlords pass along their tax burden to them.

Texas has always been proud of its no-income-tax status, but that hubris has come around in a cruel way, constantly squeezing people more and more. Which puts more strain on social services, which are funded by property taxes...

If you make a lot of money, you should pay a fair percentage in taxes. If you don't make much money, or are dependent on the government (retired, disabled), you shouldn't pay as high a percentage. But property taxes DON'T CARE how much money you make. They demand more and more every year. It's grossly unfair, as the handy chart suggests.

my rant is over...
c.


Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 27, 2020 - 9:42am



 kurtster wrote:
 
Looks pretty accurate judging by my experiences except maybe So. Carolina - hates Ohio most?  The New England states seem accurate for sure.  NJ hates "everyone"?  

kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: drifting
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 27, 2020 - 9:38am

black321

black321 Avatar

Location: A sunset in the desert
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 24, 2020 - 9:44am


black321

black321 Avatar

Location: A sunset in the desert
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 23, 2020 - 6:10pm



 R_P wrote:

 
If ur in NY or CA, ur pretty much screwed. 

ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 23, 2020 - 3:39pm



 R_P wrote:

 

Welcome to the neighborhood, Kanye!
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 23, 2020 - 3:31pm


R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Dec 21, 2019 - 2:23pm

Once Upon a Time: Tracing the world’s four oldest fairy tales

ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Dec 8, 2019 - 6:13pm

What each country leads the world in
https://www.indexmundi.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/what-each-country-leads-the-world-in3.png

Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 25, 2019 - 10:13am


Not sure why certain states have "no data" showing.  NC is 2.935% according to my calculations from their State Agricultural Overview.

Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next