[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Climate Change - R_P - Jun 16, 2019 - 2:46pm
 
Name My Band - Antigone - Jun 16, 2019 - 2:23pm
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - oldviolin - Jun 16, 2019 - 2:12pm
 
Those Lovable Policemen - R_P - Jun 16, 2019 - 1:02pm
 
Trump Lies - westslope - Jun 16, 2019 - 11:59am
 
How's the weather? - westslope - Jun 16, 2019 - 10:34am
 
Race in America - kurtster - Jun 15, 2019 - 6:50pm
 
Live Music - R_P - Jun 15, 2019 - 12:05pm
 
Trump - Lazy8 - Jun 15, 2019 - 11:25am
 
New Music - R_P - Jun 15, 2019 - 10:49am
 
President Elizabeth Warren - hayduke2 - Jun 15, 2019 - 10:23am
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Jun 14, 2019 - 7:55pm
 
Poetry Forum - Antigone - Jun 14, 2019 - 6:51pm
 
Photoshop Help please - echols - Jun 14, 2019 - 5:06pm
 
Rock mix miss you - Arc_Light - Jun 14, 2019 - 4:31pm
 
Fake News*  ?  ! - miamizsun - Jun 14, 2019 - 3:52pm
 
Anti-War - R_P - Jun 14, 2019 - 3:27pm
 
First World Problems - miamizsun - Jun 14, 2019 - 2:59pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - R_P - Jun 14, 2019 - 2:47pm
 
Weird sounds - Red_Dragon - Jun 14, 2019 - 11:17am
 
Weight Loss Discussions - westslope - Jun 14, 2019 - 9:21am
 
Things You Thought Today - miamizsun - Jun 14, 2019 - 8:30am
 
Counting with Pictures - Proclivities - Jun 14, 2019 - 8:10am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Jun 14, 2019 - 8:08am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - Coaxial - Jun 14, 2019 - 6:12am
 
Getting RP in For iPad Mini 2 - BillG - Jun 14, 2019 - 6:06am
 
Basketball, anyone? Hello? Hello? - Proclivities - Jun 14, 2019 - 6:04am
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - sunybuny - Jun 14, 2019 - 5:38am
 
war is a racket - islander - Jun 13, 2019 - 9:43pm
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - Jun 13, 2019 - 5:39pm
 
Great guitar faces - Red_Dragon - Jun 13, 2019 - 4:26pm
 
Canada - westslope - Jun 13, 2019 - 3:55pm
 
Hockey + Fantasy Hockey - SeriousLee - Jun 13, 2019 - 3:17pm
 
Outstanding Covers - SeriousLee - Jun 13, 2019 - 3:15pm
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - oldviolin - Jun 13, 2019 - 2:52pm
 
Favorite Quotes - oldviolin - Jun 13, 2019 - 1:42pm
 
Thought For The Day - oldviolin - Jun 13, 2019 - 1:40pm
 
Brain-Boosting (memory enhancement) - Proclivities - Jun 13, 2019 - 1:34pm
 
Overheard - SeriousLee - Jun 13, 2019 - 1:23pm
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - SeriousLee - Jun 13, 2019 - 1:17pm
 
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing - oldviolin - Jun 13, 2019 - 12:05pm
 
Regarding dogs - oldviolin - Jun 13, 2019 - 11:08am
 
Democratic Party - Red_Dragon - Jun 13, 2019 - 10:06am
 
Export rated songs playlist - - Jun 13, 2019 - 8:27am
 
Lyrics that strike a chord today... - black321 - Jun 13, 2019 - 7:19am
 
OUR CATS!! - kurtster - Jun 13, 2019 - 4:35am
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Jun 12, 2019 - 2:29pm
 
Bit Rate Resolution in BlueSound? - black321 - Jun 12, 2019 - 2:08pm
 
The russian guy in "Thanks for listening" - BillG - Jun 12, 2019 - 1:52pm
 
Music Videos - sirdroseph - Jun 12, 2019 - 12:28pm
 
Environment - westslope - Jun 12, 2019 - 11:38am
 
Best Song Comments. - sirdroseph - Jun 12, 2019 - 11:34am
 
Why Everything You Believe Is Immoral, Irresponsible, Irr... - oldviolin - Jun 12, 2019 - 10:42am
 
Your Office - Coaxial - Jun 12, 2019 - 9:17am
 
American Justice - westslope - Jun 12, 2019 - 7:16am
 
Immigration - sirdroseph - Jun 12, 2019 - 6:51am
 
kurtster's quiet vinyl - kurtster - Jun 12, 2019 - 6:19am
 
France - oldjack - Jun 12, 2019 - 12:45am
 
Radiohead - R_P - Jun 11, 2019 - 12:05pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - miamizsun - Jun 11, 2019 - 11:01am
 
What is Humanity's best invention? - Proclivities - Jun 11, 2019 - 7:42am
 
Movement in the doom groove - Proclivities - Jun 11, 2019 - 6:58am
 
Afghanistan - black321 - Jun 11, 2019 - 6:56am
 
Little known information...maybe even facts - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Jun 11, 2019 - 1:20am
 
What Makes You Laugh? - kurtster - Jun 10, 2019 - 11:57pm
 
WikiLeaks - R_P - Jun 10, 2019 - 4:54pm
 
So... what's been happening here lately? - kcar - Jun 10, 2019 - 4:03pm
 
Cooking for Friends.... - Proclivities - Jun 10, 2019 - 9:56am
 
Baseball, anyone? - zevon - Jun 10, 2019 - 6:10am
 
ROMANIA - rok_tm80 - Jun 10, 2019 - 5:27am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - BillG - Jun 9, 2019 - 6:27pm
 
What are you doing RIGHT NOW? - SeriousLee - Jun 9, 2019 - 3:35pm
 
What are you listening to now? - SeriousLee - Jun 9, 2019 - 2:19pm
 
Play the Blues - sirdroseph - Jun 9, 2019 - 6:37am
 
The war on funk is over! - rhahl - Jun 8, 2019 - 10:52am
 
Index » Music » Whatever » Strange Musical Collaborations Page: 1, 2  Next
Post to this Topic
Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: May 16, 2019 - 7:14am

I doubt there was any musical collaboration, but an interesting gathering - DEVO, backstage with Leonard Cohen, David Blue, and Gisella Getty - 1979.

Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 15, 2019 - 9:38am

Jim Morrison and Van Morrison, Whisky a Go Go, 1966

buzz

buzz Avatar

Location: up the boohai


Posted: Jun 28, 2014 - 9:25am

 Proclivities wrote:
These three probably never collaborated very much. but it is an interesting photo.
Joni, Cass, Mary 

 
i like all three of them, but I'm not sure they would sound good together.
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Jun 28, 2014 - 6:54am

trees
Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 13, 2013 - 7:53am

These three probably never collaborated very much. but it is an interesting photo.
Joni, Cass, Mary 


Prodigal_SOB

Prodigal_SOB Avatar

Location: Back Home Again in Indiana
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 8, 2013 - 10:11am

 gypsyman wrote:
I really liked that movie. Almost cult status. Don Johnson plays a good bad guy. Or, a bad good guy. We never know.
 
 My three other favorite movies I've never seen:
 
           
 
 plus the one or two others I'm forgetting because I'm an old fart.

miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 7, 2013 - 2:18pm

 Prodigal_SOB wrote:
The Hot Spot

 
Miles Davis, John Lee Hooker,
Taj Mahal, Roy Rogers





 
that is cool as it is strange
DD gypsyman

DD gypsyman Avatar

Location: Joined Nov 27, 2006
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 7, 2013 - 4:43am

 Prodigal_SOB wrote:
The Hot Spot

 
Miles Davis, John Lee Hooker,
Taj Mahal, Roy Rogers




 


 
I really liked that movie. Almost cult status. Don Johnson plays a good bad guy. Or, a bad good guy. We never know.
glmace

glmace Avatar

Location: Wyoming
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 6, 2013 - 8:24pm

 Prodigal_SOB wrote:
The Hot Spot

 
Miles Davis, John Lee Hooker,
Taj Mahal, Roy Rogers




 

{#Dancingbanana_2}
 


Prodigal_SOB

Prodigal_SOB Avatar

Location: Back Home Again in Indiana
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 6, 2013 - 8:16pm

The Hot Spot

 
Miles Davis, John Lee Hooker,
Taj Mahal, Roy Rogers




 



Alexandra

Alexandra Avatar

Location: PNW
Gender: Female


Posted: Jun 6, 2013 - 7:33pm

This one's a little near and dear to my heart.
 



Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Jun 6, 2013 - 7:29pm

 ptooey wrote:

Tom Jones is pretty much the master of this, no?



 
Perhaps the thread title needs revision...
ptooey

ptooey Avatar

Location: right behind you. no, over there.
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 6, 2013 - 6:30pm

 Red_Dragon wrote:


 
Tom Jones is pretty much the master of this, no?


Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Jun 6, 2013 - 5:54pm


DD gypsyman

DD gypsyman Avatar

Location: Joined Nov 27, 2006
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 6, 2013 - 11:17am

 sirdroseph wrote:


Surely you have been around long enough to know that Mother in laws are alllllwwwwwaaayyyysssss right!{#Eek}{#Lol}

 
That is correct. Absolutely no argument from me on that. {#Wink}
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 6, 2013 - 11:14am

 gypsyman wrote:

well, if your mother-in-law says so, then.....ok  {#Silenced}

 

Surely you have been around long enough to know that Mother in laws are alllllwwwwwaaayyyysssss right!{#Eek}{#Lol}
DD gypsyman

DD gypsyman Avatar

Location: Joined Nov 27, 2006
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 6, 2013 - 11:00am

 sirdroseph wrote:


Hey from 1964 or so to 1981 or so they were one of the finest bands in the world no doubt.  IMO they have not been relevant since then or I should just say that it has been a looooooong time since I heard anything from them that I liked and we will leave it at that.  If they had retired in the 80s, they would have been golden like The Beatles, but IMO have long out stayed their welcome.  Of course there is still billions to be made because people will always go see them and good for them, I don't think they really care what anyone thinks of them anymore!{#Lol}  BTW, my mother in law sat near Mick one time in the early 70s on a flight and she said he was a TOTAL douchebag!{#Eek}

 
well, if your mother-in-law says so, then.....ok  {#Silenced}


sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 6, 2013 - 10:54am

 gypsyman wrote:

A has-been, you say? Oh, dude, I will so kick your patootie!  The Stones (and Mick) are never irrelevant for believers.  {#War}

 

Hey from 1964 or so to 1981 or so they were one of the finest bands in the world no doubt.  IMO they have not been relevant since then or I should just say that it has been a looooooong time since I heard anything from them that I liked and we will leave it at that.  If they had retired in the 80s, they would have been golden like The Beatles, but IMO have long out stayed their welcome.  Of course there is still billions to be made because people will always go see them and good for them, I don't think they really care what anyone thinks of them anymore!{#Lol}  BTW, my mother in law sat near Mick one time in the early 70s on a flight and she said he was a TOTAL douchebag!{#Eek}
DD gypsyman

DD gypsyman Avatar

Location: Joined Nov 27, 2006
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 6, 2013 - 10:39am

 sirdroseph wrote:


Or is it? A has been and a wannabe. Makes perfect sense to me. He is a has been not because of his age, there are a lot of older guys still putting out good music, but because of his lack of musical relevancy and general suckiness for a looooooong time.{#Rolleyes}

 
A has-been, you say? Oh, dude, I will so kick your patootie!  The Stones (and Mick) are never irrelevant for believers.  {#War}


sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 6, 2013 - 7:08am

 Red_Dragon wrote:

blasphemy.

 

Or is it? A has been and a wannabe. Makes perfect sense to me. He is a has been not because of his age, there are a lot of older guys still putting out good music, but because of his lack of musical relevancy and general suckiness for a looooooong time.{#Rolleyes}
Page: 1, 2  Next