[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

COVID-19 - Lazy8 - Jul 4, 2020 - 10:44pm
 
Things You Thought Today - kcar - Jul 4, 2020 - 10:34pm
 
What Are You Going To Do Today? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jul 4, 2020 - 10:34pm
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - Jul 4, 2020 - 10:27pm
 
Ask the Libertarian - kcar - Jul 4, 2020 - 9:55pm
 
Looting & vandalism isn't protest - KarmaKarma - Jul 4, 2020 - 9:48pm
 
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix - KarmaKarma - Jul 4, 2020 - 9:14pm
 
Trump - R_P - Jul 4, 2020 - 8:44pm
 
Name My Band - Isabeau - Jul 4, 2020 - 8:38pm
 
Gardeners Corner - kcar - Jul 4, 2020 - 7:55pm
 
Dialing 1-800-Manbird - oldviolin - Jul 4, 2020 - 6:40pm
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - Antigone - Jul 4, 2020 - 5:13pm
 
Why are 2 of the best albums of the last decade completel... - Steely_D - Jul 4, 2020 - 5:13pm
 
Movie Quote - kcar - Jul 4, 2020 - 2:51pm
 
Race in America - kcar - Jul 4, 2020 - 2:29pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - Lazy8 - Jul 4, 2020 - 2:13pm
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Jul 4, 2020 - 12:58pm
 
In My Room - Coaxial - Jul 4, 2020 - 12:26pm
 
Outstanding Covers - Lazy8 - Jul 4, 2020 - 11:05am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - buddy - Jul 4, 2020 - 8:13am
 
RP Daily Trivia Challenge - BlueHeronDruid - Jul 4, 2020 - 12:37am
 
Baseball, anyone? - buddy - Jul 4, 2020 - 12:26am
 
RP stops playing after a few minutes on iPod (iOS) - gtufano - Jul 3, 2020 - 11:33pm
 
New Music - R_P - Jul 3, 2020 - 6:50pm
 
Canada - westslope - Jul 3, 2020 - 3:38pm
 
Country Up The Bumpkin - Antigone - Jul 3, 2020 - 2:39pm
 
how do you feel right now? - miamizsun - Jul 3, 2020 - 1:54pm
 
US Empire - R_P - Jul 3, 2020 - 12:46pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Jul 3, 2020 - 10:39am
 
• • • PUZZLES • • • - BlueHeronDruid - Jul 3, 2020 - 10:02am
 
Lyrics That Remind You of Someone - buddy - Jul 3, 2020 - 8:48am
 
• • • Things Magicians Exclaim • • •  - oldviolin - Jul 3, 2020 - 8:20am
 
Bluos App and Vault 2 Streamer. Is it playing in Flac? - BillG - Jul 3, 2020 - 8:05am
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - oldviolin - Jul 3, 2020 - 8:04am
 
::odd but intriguing:: - oldviolin - Jul 3, 2020 - 8:01am
 
Questions. - oldviolin - Jul 3, 2020 - 7:47am
 
• • • Things Musicians Exclaim • • • - - oldviolin - Jul 3, 2020 - 7:46am
 
What the hell OV? - oldviolin - Jul 3, 2020 - 7:43am
 
How are you coping/dealing with the crisis? - kurtster - Jul 3, 2020 - 2:44am
 
Oh, The Stupidity - haresfur - Jul 3, 2020 - 2:40am
 
The Obituary Page - ScottFromWyoming - Jul 2, 2020 - 10:01pm
 
NASA & other news from space - R_P - Jul 2, 2020 - 7:45pm
 
What are you listening to now? - black321 - Jul 2, 2020 - 7:14pm
 
Anti-War - R_P - Jul 2, 2020 - 6:04pm
 
Vinyl for old timer - Steely_D - Jul 2, 2020 - 6:00pm
 
Tech & Science - R_P - Jul 2, 2020 - 5:03pm
 
Now that is a great story! - miamizsun - Jul 2, 2020 - 4:14pm
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - miamizsun - Jul 2, 2020 - 4:12pm
 
Watch Now ! - miamizsun - Jul 2, 2020 - 4:06pm
 
Automotive Lust - Red_Dragon - Jul 2, 2020 - 1:53pm
 
Less Tori and more anything else ;p - hellojofo - Jul 2, 2020 - 10:13am
 
sonos service - mjvander - Jul 2, 2020 - 8:53am
 
Supreme Court Rulings - Red_Dragon - Jul 2, 2020 - 8:02am
 
Florida - rgio - Jul 2, 2020 - 8:01am
 
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest - Isabeau - Jul 2, 2020 - 7:47am
 
Hey Baby, It's The 4th O' July - miamizsun - Jul 2, 2020 - 6:57am
 
Amazon Echo/Alexa stream not working - rochesimpson - Jul 1, 2020 - 3:31pm
 
Official date for our 20th Anniversary? - Windspirit - Jul 1, 2020 - 3:16pm
 
Republican Party - Red_Dragon - Jul 1, 2020 - 11:40am
 
Can't add RP service to Sonos - donot_spam - Jul 1, 2020 - 10:28am
 
Fox Spews - kurtster - Jun 30, 2020 - 9:21pm
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Jun 30, 2020 - 8:47pm
 
Those Lovable Policemen - R_P - Jun 30, 2020 - 8:44pm
 
Capitalism and Consumerism... now what? - haresfur - Jun 30, 2020 - 6:56pm
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - VV - Jun 30, 2020 - 2:24pm
 
Trump Lies - R_P - Jun 30, 2020 - 2:21pm
 
American Justice - cc_rider - Jun 30, 2020 - 1:08pm
 
Live Music - R_P - Jun 30, 2020 - 11:48am
 
More detailed album version tag? - anonym - Jun 30, 2020 - 11:24am
 
Nederland / The Netherlands - theo1 - Jun 30, 2020 - 10:32am
 
What is "Sonos" tracking in web browser - yobyot - Jun 30, 2020 - 7:57am
 
Crazy conspiracy theories - Red_Dragon - Jun 30, 2020 - 5:28am
 
Electronic Music - R_P - Jun 29, 2020 - 8:50pm
 
RightWingNutZ - haresfur - Jun 29, 2020 - 8:24pm
 
China - KarmaKarma - Jun 29, 2020 - 7:10pm
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » What Did You See Today? Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Post to this Topic
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 1, 2020 - 11:00am



 oldviolin wrote:
A black man riding his chopper through downtown wearing a German army helmet all the while
holding up a black power salute...
 
Reminds me that I saw this. (First, yes: plastic surgery, the Hanoi Jane thing, blah blah woof woof. However, check her record and she’s been arrested for civil disobedience more times than us, probably combined. Her Black Panther outfit was probably in the back of her third closet waiting to be cleaned and worn again.)



buddy

buddy Avatar

Location: Rocky Mountains
Gender: Male


Posted: May 31, 2020 - 4:41pm



 oldviolin wrote:
A black man riding his chopper through downtown wearing a German army helmet all the while
holding up a black power salute...
 
Good for him. 

Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: May 31, 2020 - 3:37pm



 oldviolin wrote:
A black man riding his chopper through downtown wearing a German army helmet all the while
holding up a black power salute...
 
A seriously confused person.

oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: May 31, 2020 - 3:33pm

A black man riding his chopper through downtown wearing a German army helmet all the while
holding up a black power salute...
Antigone

Antigone Avatar

Location: A house, in a Virginian Valley
Gender: Female


Posted: Apr 17, 2020 - 11:26am

Untitled
Paul_Andreev

Paul_Andreev Avatar



Posted: Mar 28, 2020 - 2:52am

Well, cafes, non-food stores, gyms, etc. are closing. The most of people and owners of business will get no financial help. Nothing special...


katzendogs

katzendogs Avatar

Location: Pasadena ,Texas
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 5:48pm



 Paul_Andreev wrote:
Greetings from Russia.
How long do you have the quarantine?
 
Tell us about the situation in Russia. 

R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 3:57pm

 Paul_Andreev wrote:
Is it true that every U.S. citizen got financial assistance $1000 a month?
 
No
.
Paul_Andreev

Paul_Andreev Avatar



Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 3:35pm



 R_P wrote:
 Paul_Andreev wrote:
Greetings from Russia.
How long do you have the quarantine?
 
Greetings! A lot of people are under strict or less strict quarantines/lockdowns:

A third of the global population is on coronavirus lockdown — here's our constantly updated list of countries and restrictions
 
Is it true that every U.S. citizen got financial assistance $1000 a month?

R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 3:08pm

 Paul_Andreev wrote:
Greetings from Russia.
How long do you have the quarantine?
 
Greetings! A lot of people are under strict or less strict quarantines/lockdowns:

A third of the global population is on coronavirus lockdown — here's our constantly updated list of countries and restrictions
Paul_Andreev

Paul_Andreev Avatar



Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 1:40pm

Greetings from Russia.
How long have you had the quarantine?
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 8:56am



 Red_Dragon wrote:


 miamizsun wrote:
made a calculated decision to forage for food and supplies early this morning

fairly polite/orderly scene in my grocery

didn't hear one cough, sniffle or wheeze

people do their best to keep a recommended distance

i/we should be good for at least the next couple of weeks 



 

Any TP?
 

i didn't look

but i  heard if you eat a lot of fiber a  little goes a long way
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 8:52am



 miamizsun wrote:
made a calculated decision to forage for food and supplies early this morning

fairly polite/orderly scene in my grocery

didn't hear one cough, sniffle or wheeze

people do their best to keep a recommended distance

i/we should be good for at least the next couple of weeks 



 

Any TP?
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 27, 2020 - 8:45am

made a calculated decision to forage for food and supplies early this morning

fairly polite/orderly scene in my grocery

didn't hear one cough, sniffle or wheeze

people do their best to keep a recommended distance

i/we should be good for at least the next couple of weeks 



GeneP59

GeneP59 Avatar

Location: On the edge of tomorrow looking back at yesterday.
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 24, 2020 - 11:17am

 ScottN wrote:
In MN you might insert DOLLAR TREE between Family Dollar and the dumpster thing.   (don't confuse Dollar Tree with Dollar General—a ripoff, deceitful pos store).  btw, as a low income senior I've shopped them all but have managed to avoid the dumpster.  Completely agree with SFW in impressions from some visits.  Not enough to disinfect everything...you wanna burn your clothes too.
 
{#Roflol}  {#Roflol}  {#Roflol}  {#Roflol}  {#Roflol}   I was about to suggest that too but you beat me to the punch.

We got them here in MA/NH too. I get my munchies there.
islander

islander Avatar

Location: Seattle
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 24, 2020 - 6:18am



 oldviolin wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 kcar wrote:





Is there a hierarchy to these discount stores that I (an Arrogant Coastal Elite) am not familiar with?  Walmart -> Kmart -> Five Below -> Family Dollar -> dumpster diving? I simply must know. 


 

I don't know from Five Below but Family Dollar makes everyone excited because who doesn't love a Dollar Store but it turns out Nothing's A Dollar, they just have Dollar in their name. But it's crap anyway. So yeah the hierarchy's pretty accurate, except Kmart, ShopKo, Pamida, etc. are defunct now, leaving Walmart as the Target of the Hinterland. We're excited to be able to shop Target when we go to Montana, but make do with WalMart if we absolutely have to have a dozen eggs and some socks in fewer than two stops.

Below Family Dollar there's an entire stratum of "not up to Family Dollar's ideal" including Dollar Tree, where Everything's A Dollar For Real Unless It's Such Crap That We Can't Even Charge A Dollar For It. I get their pork rinds. $4 for Baken-Ets don't make no sense AT ALL

They have some egg rolls in the freezer case that I shit you not are pretty fookin' edible.
 

That's just beautiful. For another dollar you get egg roll...
 
somewhat relevant:  a friend of mine took this a few years ago in Taipei :



The exchange rate is ~30:1, so that makes it a $10 dollar store. Maybe that brings a higher class customer. I bet their egg rolls would be fine.
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 23, 2020 - 9:23pm



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 kcar wrote:





Is there a hierarchy to these discount stores that I (an Arrogant Coastal Elite) am not familiar with?  Walmart -> Kmart -> Five Below -> Family Dollar -> dumpster diving? I simply must know. 


 

I don't know from Five Below but Family Dollar makes everyone excited because who doesn't love a Dollar Store but it turns out Nothing's A Dollar, they just have Dollar in their name. But it's crap anyway. So yeah the hierarchy's pretty accurate, except Kmart, ShopKo, Pamida, etc. are defunct now, leaving Walmart as the Target of the Hinterland. We're excited to be able to shop Target when we go to Montana, but make do with WalMart if we absolutely have to have a dozen eggs and some socks in fewer than two stops.

Below Family Dollar there's an entire stratum of "not up to Family Dollar's ideal" including Dollar Tree, where Everything's A Dollar For Real Unless It's Such Crap That We Can't Even Charge A Dollar For It. I get their pork rinds. $4 for Baken-Ets don't make no sense AT ALL

They have some egg rolls in the freezer case that I shit you not are pretty fookin' edible.
 

That's just beautiful. For another dollar you get egg roll...
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 23, 2020 - 9:00pm



 kcar wrote:





Is there a hierarchy to these discount stores that I (an Arrogant Coastal Elite) am not familiar with?  Walmart -> Kmart -> Five Below -> Family Dollar -> dumpster diving? I simply must know. 


 

I don't know from Five Below but Family Dollar makes everyone excited because who doesn't love a Dollar Store but it turns out Nothing's A Dollar, they just have Dollar in their name. But it's crap anyway. So yeah the hierarchy's pretty accurate, except Kmart, ShopKo, Pamida, etc. are defunct now, leaving Walmart as the Target of the Hinterland. We're excited to be able to shop Target when we go to Montana, but make do with WalMart if we absolutely have to have a dozen eggs and some socks in fewer than two stops.

Below Family Dollar there's an entire stratum of "not up to Family Dollar's ideal" including Dollar Tree, where Everything's A Dollar For Real Unless It's Such Crap That We Can't Even Charge A Dollar For It. I get their pork rinds. $4 for Baken-Ets don't make no sense AT ALL

They have some egg rolls in the freezer case that I shit you not are pretty fookin' edible.
ScottN

ScottN Avatar

Location: Half inch above the K/T boundary
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 23, 2020 - 8:41pm



 kcar wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 GeneP59 wrote:
As I walked into the market today I saw a line of people not observing the distancing thing, mostly wearing face masks, waiting to buy cigarettes. So they don't want to catch Covid-19, but the hell with their immune system and screw up their lungs a little bit more to increase their odds of dying. 
{#Eek}


I just don't get it. 
{#Stupid}


Aaaah, natures way of culling the herd. 
{#Roflol}
 
I was driving past the Family Dollar on my way home and I hate that store but I just wanted a bar of soap so I whipped in there and Oh My God the sea of humanity that makes Walmart look like Tiffany & Co. I didn't even get out of the car but I grabbed an antiseptic wipe from the glove box and went to town on everything including, accidentally but probably for the best, my eyes.

Went to the mainstream grocery here and there are no bars of soap to be had. I almost got some Fels-Naphtha but decided to just wait it out. We have about a lifetime supply of hotel soaps in the cupboard. 




"Oh My God the sea of humanity that makes Walmart look like Tiffany & Co."  



Holly daydreams about being able to afford The Blue Light Special. One day! 






Is there a hierarchy to these discount stores that I (an Arrogant Coastal Elite) am not familiar with?  Walmart -> Kmart -> Five Below -> Family Dollar -> dumpster diving? I simply must know. 


 

In MN you might insert DOLLAR TREE between Family Dollar and the dumpster thing.   (don't confuse Dollar Tree with Dollar General—a ripoff, deceitful pos store).  btw, as a low income senior I've shopped them all but have managed to avoid the dumpster.  Completely agree with SFW in impressions from some visits.  Not enough to disinfect everything...you wanna burn your clothes too.
kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Mar 23, 2020 - 8:08pm



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 GeneP59 wrote:
As I walked into the market today I saw a line of people not observing the distancing thing, mostly wearing face masks, waiting to buy cigarettes. So they don't want to catch Covid-19, but the hell with their immune system and screw up their lungs a little bit more to increase their odds of dying. 
{#Eek}


I just don't get it. 
{#Stupid}


Aaaah, natures way of culling the herd. 
{#Roflol}
 
I was driving past the Family Dollar on my way home and I hate that store but I just wanted a bar of soap so I whipped in there and Oh My God the sea of humanity that makes Walmart look like Tiffany & Co. I didn't even get out of the car but I grabbed an antiseptic wipe from the glove box and went to town on everything including, accidentally but probably for the best, my eyes.

Went to the mainstream grocery here and there are no bars of soap to be had. I almost got some Fels-Naphtha but decided to just wait it out. We have about a lifetime supply of hotel soaps in the cupboard. 




"Oh My God the sea of humanity that makes Walmart look like Tiffany & Co."  



Holly daydreams about being able to afford The Blue Light Special. One day! 






Is there a hierarchy to these discount stores that I (an Arrogant Coastal Elite) am not familiar with?  Walmart -> Kmart -> Five Below -> Family Dollar -> dumpster diving? I simply must know. 


Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83  Next