[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Marijuana: Baked News. - sirdroseph - Nov 30, 2020 - 3:03am
 
Things You Thought Today - whatshisname - Nov 30, 2020 - 1:46am
 
2020 Elections - westslope - Nov 29, 2020 - 11:49pm
 
COVID-19 - Steely_D - Nov 29, 2020 - 8:33pm
 
Trump Lies - R_P - Nov 29, 2020 - 8:31pm
 
Biden Lies - kurtster - Nov 29, 2020 - 7:59pm
 
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group - islander - Nov 29, 2020 - 7:19pm
 
Supreme Court Rulings - rhahl - Nov 29, 2020 - 4:47pm
 
Trump - Red_Dragon - Nov 29, 2020 - 3:44pm
 
Those Lovable Policemen - Red_Dragon - Nov 29, 2020 - 2:10pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - R_P - Nov 29, 2020 - 1:30pm
 
Name My Band - haresfur - Nov 29, 2020 - 1:22pm
 
2001; A SPACE ODYSSEY - R_P - Nov 29, 2020 - 11:40am
 
Wow so glad I found you. - BillG - Nov 29, 2020 - 8:28am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - miamizsun - Nov 29, 2020 - 7:16am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Nov 29, 2020 - 7:13am
 
Questions. - miamizsun - Nov 29, 2020 - 7:12am
 
The Obituary Page - Red_Dragon - Nov 29, 2020 - 7:00am
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Nov 29, 2020 - 6:28am
 
Republican Party - Coaxial - Nov 29, 2020 - 5:47am
 
Poetry Forum - ScottN - Nov 29, 2020 - 4:46am
 
Let them eat kale - westslope - Nov 28, 2020 - 3:47pm
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - Antigone - Nov 28, 2020 - 3:37pm
 
Happy Thanksgiving! - Red_Dragon - Nov 28, 2020 - 2:46pm
 
Iran - R_P - Nov 28, 2020 - 2:42pm
 
Cache manager - BillG - Nov 28, 2020 - 1:13pm
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - Steely_D - Nov 28, 2020 - 10:00am
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - oldviolin - Nov 28, 2020 - 9:30am
 
Counting with Pictures - Proclivities - Nov 28, 2020 - 5:47am
 
I like cheese - Ohmsen - Nov 28, 2020 - 2:51am
 
♥ ♥ ♥ Vote For Pie ♥ ♥ ♥ - rhahl - Nov 28, 2020 - 2:07am
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - rhahl - Nov 28, 2020 - 2:00am
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Nov 27, 2020 - 8:07pm
 
Google Home - jarro - Nov 27, 2020 - 1:57pm
 
Jam! - rhahl - Nov 27, 2020 - 11:05am
 
Protest Songs - rhahl - Nov 26, 2020 - 12:16pm
 
Race in America - R_P - Nov 26, 2020 - 12:04pm
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - Antigone - Nov 26, 2020 - 11:28am
 
Outstanding Covers - Steely_D - Nov 26, 2020 - 10:22am
 
Next life I'm going to be a backup singer - Steely_D - Nov 26, 2020 - 10:12am
 
Alice's Restaurant - Angiea16 - Nov 26, 2020 - 9:24am
 
RP on Raspberry Pi - BillG - Nov 26, 2020 - 9:07am
 
A motivational quote - oldviolin - Nov 26, 2020 - 7:49am
 
honk if you think manbird and OV are one and the same ent... - oldviolin - Nov 26, 2020 - 7:47am
 
In My Room - oldviolin - Nov 26, 2020 - 7:38am
 
Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant Massacree - oldviolin - Nov 26, 2020 - 7:09am
 
Democratic Party - kcar - Nov 26, 2020 - 3:41am
 
Unresearched Conspiracy Theories - Ohmsen - Nov 25, 2020 - 3:30pm
 
want to donate but only use the native internet currency ... - Ohmsen - Nov 25, 2020 - 2:35pm
 
The Best Commercials - Manbird - Nov 25, 2020 - 2:07pm
 
Blues Rock - Ohmsen - Nov 25, 2020 - 1:28pm
 
New Study Finds 'Most Narcissistic Generation' on Campuse... - haresfur - Nov 25, 2020 - 1:28pm
 
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing - Isabeau - Nov 25, 2020 - 1:01pm
 
What are you listening to now? - Ohmsen - Nov 25, 2020 - 12:52pm
 
Sticky, Groovy 70s Tunes - Ohmsen - Nov 25, 2020 - 11:09am
 
Live Music - Ohmsen - Nov 25, 2020 - 9:20am
 
Dear Retail Fashion Industry - Ohmsen - Nov 25, 2020 - 8:55am
 
RightWingNutZ - R_P - Nov 24, 2020 - 5:01pm
 
What Are You Going To Do Today? - Manbird - Nov 24, 2020 - 3:11pm
 
Canada - westslope - Nov 24, 2020 - 2:52pm
 
Donating with Bitcoin - why not? - BillG - Nov 24, 2020 - 2:32pm
 
New Music - chris13 - Nov 24, 2020 - 1:56pm
 
Need A Thread Killed? - oldviolin - Nov 24, 2020 - 9:17am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - perruca - Nov 24, 2020 - 6:14am
 
Zappa - miamizsun - Nov 24, 2020 - 5:46am
 
Florida - miamizsun - Nov 24, 2020 - 4:53am
 
Oops! - Red_Dragon - Nov 23, 2020 - 3:58pm
 
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi... - miamizsun - Nov 23, 2020 - 2:15pm
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - Nov 23, 2020 - 1:44pm
 
What are you doing RIGHT NOW? - haresfur - Nov 23, 2020 - 1:27pm
 
Name My Disease! - buddy - Nov 23, 2020 - 12:58pm
 
songs that ROCK! - ScottFromWyoming - Nov 23, 2020 - 11:49am
 
No Points for Trying - miamizsun - Nov 23, 2020 - 6:56am
 
Amazing animals! - Coaxial - Nov 23, 2020 - 6:08am
 
Joe Biden - Steely_D - Nov 22, 2020 - 4:37pm
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » Things that piss me off Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 818, 819, 820  Next
Post to this Topic
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 3, 2020 - 3:02pm



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:

  

ANYONE
EVERYONE
NO ONE
WELCOME TO ENGLISH
 


ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 3, 2020 - 2:44pm



 Steely_D wrote:


 Peyote wrote:
Answer to NOONE!

 
 

Absolutely! Especially when he still rocks it like this!



 

ANYONE
EVERYONE
NO ONE
WELCOME TO ENGLISH
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 3, 2020 - 2:41pm



 Peyote wrote:
Answer to NOONE!

 
 

Absolutely! Especially when he still rocks it like this!



Peyote

Peyote Avatar

Location: limbo
Gender: Female


Posted: Nov 3, 2020 - 2:30pm

Answer to NOONE!

 haresfur wrote:


 Antigone wrote:

Wow. Doesn’t seem like they should be allowed to do that. 
{#Snooty}
 
I regret having answered some of their questions. Actually any of their questions. Should have just politely told them to f off if they weren't going to tell me what it was about.

 


Isabeau

Isabeau Avatar

Location: sou' tex
Gender: Female


Posted: Oct 30, 2020 - 12:47pm



 miamizsun wrote:


tacos (and maybe burritos) are probably the best fit for food truck logistics

fast and easy to one hand which is crucial 

(i'm just assuming that any reasonable person would have a beer in the other hand if possible)
 

Its compulsory. 
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 24, 2020 - 9:59am

 cc_rider wrote:
 The journey is the reward... I'm in.

There's a taco truck down by the Shell station that makes really killer 'al pastor', that's not a bad quest either.
c.
 

tacos (and maybe burritos) are probably the best fit for food truck logistics

fast and easy to one hand which is crucial 

(i'm just assuming that any reasonable person would have a beer in the other hand if possible)
cc_rider

cc_rider Avatar

Location: Bastrop
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 23, 2020 - 3:46pm



 miamizsun wrote:


man's quest for the best fish tacos with cold beer will never end

i mean why would it?

and it if did that would piss me off




 The journey is the reward... I'm in.

There's a taco truck down by the Shell station that makes really killer 'al pastor', that's not a bad quest either.
c.


miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 23, 2020 - 2:36pm

 oldviolin wrote:
I guess the best Fish tacos I ever had were small steamed white corn tortillas with grilled Mahi, a kind of green picante relish and chunks of avocados 
with a special super duper sauce. Simple is better. Daaang. That place was bonk. Denver. Sheesh.
What if I can get that at a surfside hut somewhere? Where's Miamizsun?
Anyway...
 

man's quest for the best fish tacos with cold beer will never end

i mean why would it?

and it if did that would piss me off




haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 23, 2020 - 9:24am



 Antigone wrote:

Wow. Doesn’t seem like they should be allowed to do that. 
{#Snooty}
 
I regret having answered some of their questions. Actually any of their questions. Should have just politely told them to f off if they weren't going to tell me what it was about.

haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 23, 2020 - 9:20am



 westslope wrote:


 haresfur wrote:
A call from someone in HR, "Just to chat about how things were going". Then asked some specific questions about my work but wouldn't tell me what the actual purpose was for the call.
 

Hmmm.....  Non-union shop?
 
Union membership isn't compulsory. 

oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 22, 2020 - 7:51pm



 buddy wrote:


 oldviolin wrote:


 buddy wrote:


 oldviolin wrote:
I guess the best Fish tacos I ever had were small steamed white corn tortillas with grilled Mahi, a kind of green picante relish and chunks of avocados 
with a special super duper sauce. Simple is better. Daaang. That place was bonk. Denver. Sheesh.
What if I can get that at a surfside hut somewhere? Where's Miamizsun?
Anyway...
 

Where?
 
At your house...
I mean some place in Glendale.
I think it was near a music store. Small local chain. Wahoo's maybe?

oh. I looked it up. Bigger than local chain lol.

 
I believe it was BBQ at my house. Later on it was dry toast & water. Either way you were the best dinner guest ever. Eventually we graduated to midnight breakfast at Pete’s Kitchen where yours took up a bit more than half the table. 

Then life happened & you were off to your homeland. I miss you more than I can say. I mourn Shiloh with you.  I mourn the distance.

Meanwhile you still haven’t told me where to find those  tacos. Just as well, they wouldn’t taste as sweet without you across the both from me, marveling at how every female in the place - young, old, with their partner or not - become intoxicated by your very spirit.

And horny.
 
Lol. Heck I hope I'm not THAT obvious...

buddy

buddy Avatar

Location: Rocky Mountains
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 22, 2020 - 6:34pm



 oldviolin wrote:


 buddy wrote:


 oldviolin wrote:
I guess the best Fish tacos I ever had were small steamed white corn tortillas with grilled Mahi, a kind of green picante relish and chunks of avocados 
with a special super duper sauce. Simple is better. Daaang. That place was bonk. Denver. Sheesh.
What if I can get that at a surfside hut somewhere? Where's Miamizsun?
Anyway...
 

Where?
 
At your house...
I mean some place in Glendale.
I think it was near a music store. Small local chain. Wahoo's maybe?

oh. I looked it up. Bigger than local chain lol.

 
I believe it was BBQ at my house. Later on it was dry toast & water. Either way you were the best dinner guest ever. Eventually we graduated to midnight breakfast at Pete’s Kitchen where yours took up a bit more than half the table. 

Then life happened & you were off to your homeland. I miss you more than I can say. I mourn Shiloh with you.  I mourn the distance.

Meanwhile you still haven’t told me where to find those  tacos. Just as well, they wouldn’t taste as sweet without you across the both from me, marveling at how every female in the place - young, old, with their partner or not - become intoxicated by your very spirit.

And horny.
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 22, 2020 - 6:11pm



 buddy wrote:


 oldviolin wrote:
I guess the best Fish tacos I ever had were small steamed white corn tortillas with grilled Mahi, a kind of green picante relish and chunks of avocados 
with a special super duper sauce. Simple is better. Daaang. That place was bonk. Denver. Sheesh.
What if I can get that at a surfside hut somewhere? Where's Miamizsun?
Anyway...
 

Where?
 
At your house...
I mean some place in Glendale.
I think it was near a music store. Small local chain. Wahoo's maybe?

oh. I looked it up. Bigger than local chain lol.

buddy

buddy Avatar

Location: Rocky Mountains
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 22, 2020 - 6:08pm



 oldviolin wrote:
I guess the best Fish tacos I ever had were small steamed white corn tortillas with grilled Mahi, a kind of green picante relish and chunks of avocados 
with a special super duper sauce. Simple is better. Daaang. That place was bonk. Denver. Sheesh.
What if I can get that at a surfside hut somewhere? Where's Miamizsun?
Anyway...
 

Where?
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Oct 22, 2020 - 3:49pm



 oldviolin wrote:
I guess the best Fish tacos I ever had were small steamed white corn tortillas with grilled Mahi, a kind of green picante relish and chunks of avocados 
with a special super duper sauce. Simple is better. Daaang. That place was bonk. Denver. Sheesh.
What if I can get that at a surfside hut somewhere? Where's Miamizsun?
Anyway...
 

I bet you bitch about dental floss as well.
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 22, 2020 - 3:37pm

I guess the best Fish tacos I ever had were small steamed white corn tortillas with grilled Mahi, a kind of green picante relish and chunks of avocados 
with a special super duper sauce. Simple is better. Daaang. That place was bonk. Denver. Sheesh.
What if I can get that at a surfside hut somewhere? Where's Miamizsun?
Anyway...
pigtail

pigtail Avatar

Location: Southern California
Gender: Female


Posted: Oct 22, 2020 - 3:27pm



 Jester wrote:


 islander wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 haresfur wrote:


 islander wrote:


 haresfur wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
Bought some tortillas the other day that turned out to be "Carb Balance," a high fiber thing that's 4 net carbs so looked over the ingredients and it seemed like typical food so I tossed 'em in the basket. Made a taco this morning and knew in the first bite: Splenda. Sure enough, a closer read of the label says hey put fucking SPLENDA in these tortillas. Down at the end of the list where it's usually just "contains 2% or less of:" dough conditioners and sucralose. There's no call for that. None.
 

What's the world coming to? Crimes against humanity. Cultural appropriation. And disgusting.

Don't get me started on the restaurant that served me fish tacos with wheat tortillas. 
 
 Standard 2 questions when fish tacos are on the menu are: Corn or flour? grilled or fried?  Fried is iffy, but I'll do it now and then. No corn - I'm ordering something else, and I'm doubtful it will be much good from someone who serves fish tacos on flour tortillas. 

 
The fried fish was actually ok, but overall not the best. I suppose that's what I get for ordering them at a combo American-Nepalese restaurant. I usually order from the Nepalese side of the menu which it pretty good.

Ironically, there is a place in Melbourne that makes better corn tortillas than I've had anywhere in the US

 

A couple of summers ago we went to the Taco Truck Showdown... 130 taco trucks from up and down California's Central Valley. First one I had was stunning. Handmade (corn), everything fresh and from scratch, not sure what the meat was because I just said "surprise me" so could have been carnitas or lengua, can't remember. I would have had more but did you see the part about 130 taco trucks? I wandered around and tried half a dozen more, most were good, delicious, but none were up to the level of the first one. The winner, which against all odds (literally) was one of the 6 I tried, was a greasy carnitas that was over-salty and anything added was added by the customers. So most people were eating it without any salsa, cabbage, nothin'.

So anyway, by scientific review, fewer than 1 in 100 tacos is worth a damn.
 

I hear that 90% of everything is crap. 
 

or made up statistics.
 
Is that a reference to Todd Snider's song?  

Jester

Jester Avatar

Location: Wytheville, Virginia (There's Only One!)
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 22, 2020 - 2:14pm



 islander wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 haresfur wrote:


 islander wrote:


 haresfur wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
Bought some tortillas the other day that turned out to be "Carb Balance," a high fiber thing that's 4 net carbs so looked over the ingredients and it seemed like typical food so I tossed 'em in the basket. Made a taco this morning and knew in the first bite: Splenda. Sure enough, a closer read of the label says hey put fucking SPLENDA in these tortillas. Down at the end of the list where it's usually just "contains 2% or less of:" dough conditioners and sucralose. There's no call for that. None.
 

What's the world coming to? Crimes against humanity. Cultural appropriation. And disgusting.

Don't get me started on the restaurant that served me fish tacos with wheat tortillas. 
 
 Standard 2 questions when fish tacos are on the menu are: Corn or flour? grilled or fried?  Fried is iffy, but I'll do it now and then. No corn - I'm ordering something else, and I'm doubtful it will be much good from someone who serves fish tacos on flour tortillas. 

 
The fried fish was actually ok, but overall not the best. I suppose that's what I get for ordering them at a combo American-Nepalese restaurant. I usually order from the Nepalese side of the menu which it pretty good.

Ironically, there is a place in Melbourne that makes better corn tortillas than I've had anywhere in the US

 

A couple of summers ago we went to the Taco Truck Showdown... 130 taco trucks from up and down California's Central Valley. First one I had was stunning. Handmade (corn), everything fresh and from scratch, not sure what the meat was because I just said "surprise me" so could have been carnitas or lengua, can't remember. I would have had more but did you see the part about 130 taco trucks? I wandered around and tried half a dozen more, most were good, delicious, but none were up to the level of the first one. The winner, which against all odds (literally) was one of the 6 I tried, was a greasy carnitas that was over-salty and anything added was added by the customers. So most people were eating it without any salsa, cabbage, nothin'.

So anyway, by scientific review, fewer than 1 in 100 tacos is worth a damn.
 

I hear that 90% of everything is crap. 
 

or made up statistics.
westslope

westslope Avatar

Location: BC sage brush steppe


Posted: Oct 22, 2020 - 8:34am



 haresfur wrote:
A call from someone in HR, "Just to chat about how things were going". Then asked some specific questions about my work but wouldn't tell me what the actual purpose was for the call.
 

Hmmm.....  Non-union shop?
Antigone

Antigone Avatar

Location: A house, in a Virginian Valley
Gender: Female


Posted: Oct 22, 2020 - 5:21am

 haresfur wrote:
A call from someone in HR, "Just to chat about how things were going". Then asked some specific questions about my work but wouldn't tell me what the actual purpose was for the call.
 
Wow. Doesn’t seem like they should be allowed to do that. {#Snooty}
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 818, 819, 820  Next