[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

COVID-19 - Ohmsen - Aug 13, 2020 - 1:22am
 
Joe Biden - kurtster - Aug 12, 2020 - 8:58pm
 
Shall We Dance? - oldviolin - Aug 12, 2020 - 7:39pm
 
2020 Elections - R_P - Aug 12, 2020 - 7:35pm
 
Health Care - R_P - Aug 12, 2020 - 6:39pm
 
Things You Thought Today - oldviolin - Aug 12, 2020 - 6:31pm
 
Live Music - R_P - Aug 12, 2020 - 5:38pm
 
Those Lovable Policemen - R_P - Aug 12, 2020 - 5:10pm
 
Name My Band - Antigone - Aug 12, 2020 - 5:01pm
 
True Confessions - Antigone - Aug 12, 2020 - 2:29pm
 
TV shows you watch - Ohmsen - Aug 12, 2020 - 2:18pm
 
Message To Lucky - miamizsun - Aug 12, 2020 - 1:59pm
 
There is another Jo - miamizsun - Aug 12, 2020 - 1:34pm
 
Looting & vandalism isn't protest - miamizsun - Aug 12, 2020 - 1:25pm
 
what the hell, miamizsun? - miamizsun - Aug 12, 2020 - 1:09pm
 
Trump - R_P - Aug 12, 2020 - 12:13pm
 
HALF A WORLD - oldviolin - Aug 12, 2020 - 9:34am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - Oldfan - Aug 12, 2020 - 7:04am
 
Amazon Echo/Alexa stream not working - jarro - Aug 12, 2020 - 5:29am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Aug 12, 2020 - 5:27am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - sunybuny - Aug 12, 2020 - 5:17am
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Aug 11, 2020 - 8:30pm
 
Republican Party - Red_Dragon - Aug 11, 2020 - 4:23pm
 
Better Together - Steely_D - Aug 11, 2020 - 4:14pm
 
Krautrock - Ohmsen - Aug 11, 2020 - 3:22pm
 
Hell Is ... - miamizsun - Aug 11, 2020 - 1:14pm
 
Jerry Garcia 10 years dead on Aug 9. - Ohmsen - Aug 11, 2020 - 12:13pm
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - oldviolin - Aug 11, 2020 - 10:36am
 
Climate Change - Ohmsen - Aug 11, 2020 - 9:57am
 
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests - Ohmsen - Aug 11, 2020 - 9:49am
 
What Did You See Today? - Coaxial - Aug 11, 2020 - 8:17am
 
Outstanding Covers - Coaxial - Aug 11, 2020 - 7:36am
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - oldviolin - Aug 11, 2020 - 6:24am
 
Breaking News - haresfur - Aug 10, 2020 - 7:50pm
 
Hot Dog... it's Summer! - miamizsun - Aug 10, 2020 - 12:40pm
 
Country Up The Bumpkin - Ohmsen - Aug 10, 2020 - 12:20pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - R_P - Aug 10, 2020 - 11:00am
 
Play the Blues - oldviolin - Aug 10, 2020 - 10:24am
 
Lebanon - Ohmsen - Aug 10, 2020 - 1:59am
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - Aug 10, 2020 - 12:33am
 
Play RP My Favorites stream via HEOS services - morefigs - Aug 9, 2020 - 6:21pm
 
• • •  What's For Dinner ? • • •  - Red_Dragon - Aug 9, 2020 - 5:20pm
 
songs that ROCK! - Ohmsen - Aug 9, 2020 - 4:14pm
 
Stuff I've Said Out Loud - Antigone - Aug 9, 2020 - 2:40pm
 
Amazing animals! - R_P - Aug 9, 2020 - 12:11pm
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - oldviolin - Aug 9, 2020 - 9:32am
 
Automotive Lust - islander - Aug 9, 2020 - 9:09am
 
Florida - miamizsun - Aug 9, 2020 - 8:06am
 
Lyrics That Remind You of Someone - oldviolin - Aug 9, 2020 - 7:22am
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Aug 9, 2020 - 7:18am
 
Poetry Forum - Antigone - Aug 9, 2020 - 6:24am
 
Gardeners Corner - BlueHeronDruid - Aug 9, 2020 - 1:17am
 
Crazy conspiracy theories - R_P - Aug 8, 2020 - 4:40pm
 
Our tolerance for opposing views - R_P - Aug 8, 2020 - 12:35pm
 
Private messages in a public forum - miamizsun - Aug 8, 2020 - 12:25pm
 
Amazon Products (May Contain Spam) - Red_Dragon - Aug 8, 2020 - 12:09pm
 
Race in America - R_P - Aug 8, 2020 - 11:00am
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - triskele - Aug 8, 2020 - 10:59am
 
Two questions. That's it. I promise. - oldviolin - Aug 7, 2020 - 5:22pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - miamizsun - Aug 7, 2020 - 2:53pm
 
New Music - buddy - Aug 7, 2020 - 2:42pm
 
HELP! Sound Cutting out problem - michael16 - Aug 7, 2020 - 2:14pm
 
A little smooth jazz never hurt anyone - rhahl - Aug 7, 2020 - 1:51pm
 
It seemed like a good idea at the time - Proclivities - Aug 7, 2020 - 11:54am
 
What did you have for lunch? - miamizsun - Aug 7, 2020 - 8:55am
 
American Justice - miamizsun - Aug 7, 2020 - 8:40am
 
Music Videos - black321 - Aug 7, 2020 - 7:30am
 
New Song Submissions system - Hastur_T - Aug 7, 2020 - 7:12am
 
Fake News*  ?  ! - miamizsun - Aug 7, 2020 - 5:57am
 
Your favorite artist - miamizsun - Aug 7, 2020 - 5:44am
 
Reinstock '05 Link Repository - Red_Dragon - Aug 7, 2020 - 5:38am
 
China - R_P - Aug 6, 2020 - 9:01pm
 
Solar / Wind / Geothermal / Efficiency Energy - R_P - Aug 6, 2020 - 7:41pm
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Aug 6, 2020 - 5:34pm
 
kurtster's quiet vinyl - kurtster - Aug 6, 2020 - 2:42pm
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » Chicken your way Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Post to this Topic
jahgirl8

jahgirl8 Avatar



Posted: Apr 6, 2020 - 9:32pm



 Coaxial wrote:

I suspect that might be just what you need.
 
Leash? Yup, nice one. WOOF.

Cartoon funny dog (husky) with blue eyes on a spotted background

Coaxial

Coaxial Avatar

Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles eas
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 6, 2020 - 7:57pm

 jahgirl8 wrote:
 oldviolin wrote:

 
Well the site policy isn't ambiguous but our hosts are more likely to nudge first before the big push out, at least that's been my observation. Provocateurs run a risk anywhere. I'm still not sure you have a firm grasp of the forum. I mean, not to overstate it, but it really is not the unwelcoming place you've projected. Sure there is plenty to argue about as far as politics goes. Ad nauseum if that's your thing. Memes galore. Sure it colors the attitudes one member for another but even on the internet you can tell who is real and who is a virtual antagonist. It's all about the efforts or lack thereof.

 Point taken.  Apologies all around if I offended you at some point. I'm defensive and oversensitive  when I get condescended to and/or judged by others. I shouldn't let it get to me. As the first Holy Week to be renamed Hell Week begins, I ask for your forgiveness if I've upset you with my divergent viewpoints and bluntness expressing ideas. I mean to be a worthy person and wake up each day planning to do some good, no matter how small.  I will keep that  part up.  If I'm one of the lucky survivors of the pandemic in this big city, maybe I'll feel a new leash on life, or do something creative.
 
I suspect that might be just what you need.
jahgirl8

jahgirl8 Avatar



Posted: Apr 6, 2020 - 7:41pm

 oldviolin wrote:


 
Well the site policy isn't ambiguous but our hosts are more likely to nudge first before the big push out, at least that's been my observation. Provocateurs run a risk anywhere. I'm still not sure you have a firm grasp of the forum. I mean, not to overstate it, but it really is not the unwelcoming place you've projected. Sure there is plenty to argue about as far as politics goes. Ad nauseum if that's your thing. Memes galore. Sure it colors the attitudes one member for another but even on the internet you can tell who is real and who is a virtual antagonist. It's all about the efforts or lack thereof.

 Point taken.  Apologies all around if I offended you at some point. I'm defensive and oversensitive  when I get condescended to and/or judged by others. I shouldn't let it get to me. As the first Holy Week to be renamed Hell Week begins, I ask for your forgiveness if I've upset you with my divergent viewpoints and bluntness expressing ideas. I mean to be a worthy person and wake up each day planning to do some good, no matter how small.  I will keep that  part up.  If I'm one of the lucky survivors of the pandemic in this big city, maybe I'll feel a new leash on life, or do something creative.


oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 5, 2020 - 12:50pm



 jahgirl8 wrote:
Love art. I hold back. Y'all may not like.... really don't want to get kicked out. It feels like it could happen any moment, for any reason, go figure. 

 oldviolin wrote:

 
got it 
 
Yum, sorry to block another topic, jump in sillies. So fuuny the way... no bandwith for bbs. I sound cruel, right?

 
Threadjacking is kind of an art form. We tend to do it liberally here, no pun intended. I'm personally resistant ideologically speaking.
It's possible to edit other folks posts also in several ways but great care should be taken less one might sense offense where none was deliberately inferred. 


 


 
Well the site policy isn't ambiguous but our hosts are more likely to nudge first before the big push out, at least that's been my observation. Provocateurs run a risk anywhere. I'm still not sure you have a firm grasp of the forum. I mean, not to overstate it, but it really is not the unwelcoming place you've projected. Sure there is plenty to argue about as far as politics goes. Ad nauseum if that's your thing. Memes galore. Sure it colors the attitudes one member for another but even on the internet you can tell who is real and who is a virtual antagonist. It's all about the efforts or lack thereof.

jahgirl8

jahgirl8 Avatar



Posted: Apr 5, 2020 - 12:30pm

Love art. I hold back. Y'all may not like.... really don't want to get kicked out. It feels like it could happen any moment, for any reason, go figure. 

 oldviolin wrote:

 
got it 
 
Yum, sorry to block another topic, jump in sillies. So fuuny the way... no bandwith for bbs. I sound cruel, right?

 
Threadjacking is kind of an art form. We tend to do it liberally here, no pun intended. I'm personally resistant ideologically speaking.
It's possible to edit other folks posts also in several ways but great care should be taken less one might sense offense where none was deliberately inferred. 


 


oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 5, 2020 - 11:14am



 jahgirl8 wrote:

 miamizsun wrote:


 JrzyTmata wrote:


 miamizsun wrote:
about 90 minutes ago i put a whole chicken, lg onion, carrots, celery, garlic in a large pot on my stove

will de-bone in a bit and add curry, red pepper flakes, some salt/blk pepper to taste

not sure what kind of herbage i have, but whatever it is it's dried and in bottle

no potatoes, but i do have rice

do i make/cook the rice separately or do i toss it in?

open for suggestions

thx
 

it's too easy for rice added to the pot gunk up the entire stew. too much rice, cooks too long, etc.
I would make it separately but using some broth from the chicken.

 

got it 
 
Yum, sorry to block another topic, jump in sillies. So fuuny the way... no bandwith for bbs. I sound cruel, right?

 
Threadjacking is kind of an art form. We tend to do it liberally here, no pun intended. I'm personally resistant ideologically speaking.
It's possible to edit other folks posts also in several ways but great care should be taken less one might sense offense where none was deliberately inferred. 


jahgirl8

jahgirl8 Avatar



Posted: Apr 5, 2020 - 11:08am

Yum, sorry to block another topic, jump in sillies. So fuuny the way... no bandwith for bbs. I sound cruel, right?

 miamizsun wrote:


 JrzyTmata wrote:


 miamizsun wrote:
about 90 minutes ago i put a whole chicken, lg onion, carrots, celery, garlic in a large pot on my stove

will de-bone in a bit and add curry, red pepper flakes, some salt/blk pepper to taste

not sure what kind of herbage i have, but whatever it is it's dried and in bottle

no potatoes, but i do have rice

do i make/cook the rice separately or do i toss it in?

open for suggestions

thx
 

it's too easy for rice added to the pot gunk up the entire stew. too much rice, cooks too long, etc.
I would make it separately but using some broth from the chicken.

 

got it 
 


miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 5, 2020 - 9:37am



 JrzyTmata wrote:


 miamizsun wrote:
about 90 minutes ago i put a whole chicken, lg onion, carrots, celery, garlic in a large pot on my stove

will de-bone in a bit and add curry, red pepper flakes, some salt/blk pepper to taste

not sure what kind of herbage i have, but whatever it is it's dried and in bottle

no potatoes, but i do have rice

do i make/cook the rice separately or do i toss it in?

open for suggestions

thx
 

it's too easy for rice added to the pot gunk up the entire stew. too much rice, cooks too long, etc.
I would make it separately but using some broth from the chicken.

 

got it 
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 5, 2020 - 9:06am


oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 5, 2020 - 8:56am



 JrzyTmata wrote:


 miamizsun wrote:
about 90 minutes ago i put a whole chicken, lg onion, carrots, celery, garlic in a large pot on my stove

will de-bone in a bit and add curry, red pepper flakes, some salt/blk pepper to taste

not sure what kind of herbage i have, but whatever it is it's dried and in bottle

no potatoes, but i do have rice

do i make/cook the rice separately or do i toss it in?

open for suggestions

thx
 

it's too easy for rice added to the pot gunk up the entire stew. too much rice, cooks too long, etc.
I would make it separately but using some broth from the chicken.

 A pro speaks 


JrzyTmata

JrzyTmata Avatar



Posted: Apr 5, 2020 - 8:53am



 miamizsun wrote:
about 90 minutes ago i put a whole chicken, lg onion, carrots, celery, garlic in a large pot on my stove

will de-bone in a bit and add curry, red pepper flakes, some salt/blk pepper to taste

not sure what kind of herbage i have, but whatever it is it's dried and in bottle

no potatoes, but i do have rice

do i make/cook the rice separately or do i toss it in?

open for suggestions

thx
 

it's too easy for rice added to the pot gunk up the entire stew. too much rice, cooks too long, etc.
I would make it separately but using some broth from the chicken.

oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 5, 2020 - 8:52am



 Red_Dragon wrote:


 oldviolin wrote:

Definitely rice. Put it in late or it will be too mushy
 
texturalist

 

You have no idea...
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Apr 5, 2020 - 8:50am



 oldviolin wrote:

Definitely rice. Put it in late or it will be too mushy
 
texturalist

oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 5, 2020 - 8:48am



 miamizsun wrote:
about 90 minutes ago i put a whole chicken, lg onion, carrots, celery, garlic in a large pot on my stove

will de-bone in a bit and add curry, red pepper flakes, some salt/blk pepper to taste

not sure what kind of herbage i have, but whatever it is it's dried and in bottle

no potatoes, but i do have rice

do i make/cook the rice separately or do i toss it in?

open for suggestions

thx
 

Definitely rice. Put it in late or it will be too mushy
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 5, 2020 - 8:38am

about 90 minutes ago i put a whole chicken, lg onion, carrots, celery, garlic in a large pot on my stove

will de-bone in a bit and add curry, red pepper flakes, some salt/blk pepper to taste

not sure what kind of herbage i have, but whatever it is it's dried and in bottle

no potatoes, but i do have rice

do i make/cook the rice separately or do i toss it in?

open for suggestions

thx
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 7, 2018 - 2:20pm

 Lazy8 wrote:
 Steely_D wrote:
G-d help me, I really like a spicy Chik-fil-a. But I get a lecture about the guy that runs the company whenever I tell people that.

How much of a deep dive, or what's the dividing line, where you won't patronize a company? Surely every company has someone that works in it that's a Nazi or child molester or vegan or some other reprehensible sort.

Nonono—you must boycott everyone you disagree with and every company they work for and everyone they do business with in any way until they are fired and unemployable and starving, living under bridges in discarded cardboard boxes. You must go back to grade school to find that disagreement if necessary, expose those people to the full wrath of the mob, death threats, harassment, and every form of retaliation available. Thoughtcrime is punishable by a life sentence of unemployability, inadmissibility to institutions of education, and ostracism in every aspect of life.

Only then will they be silenced. Only then will we have a world free of thoughtcrime.

And we will be safe.

 
Dang. That sandwich is really tasty.
Lazy8

Lazy8 Avatar

Location: The Gallatin Valley of Montana
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 7, 2018 - 1:50pm

 Steely_D wrote:
G-d help me, I really like a spicy Chik-fil-a. But I get a lecture about the guy that runs the company whenever I tell people that.

How much of a deep dive, or what's the dividing line, where you won't patronize a company? Surely every company has someone that works in it that's a Nazi or child molester or vegan or some other reprehensible sort.

Nonono—you must boycott everyone you disagree with and every company they work for and everyone they do business with in any way until they are fired and unemployable and starving, living under bridges in discarded cardboard boxes. You must go back to grade school to find that disagreement if necessary, expose those people to the full wrath of the mob, death threats, harassment, and every form of retaliation available. Thoughtcrime is punishable by a life sentence of unemployability, inadmissibility to institutions of education, and ostracism in every aspect of life.

Only then will they be silenced. Only then will we have a world free of thoughtcrime.

And we will be safe.
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 7, 2018 - 1:40pm

G-d help me, I really like a spicy Chik-fil-a. But I get a lecture about the guy that runs the company whenever I tell people that.

How much of a deep dive, or what's the dividing line, where you won't patronize a company? Surely every company has someone that works in it that's a Nazi or child molester or vegan or some other reprehensible sort.


ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 7, 2018 - 1:02pm

 Proclivities wrote:
$1.70

 
Broasted!
Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 7, 2018 - 10:28am

$1.70
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next