[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

2020 Elections - ScottFromWyoming - Sep 29, 2020 - 9:18pm
 
Trump - ScottFromWyoming - Sep 29, 2020 - 8:44pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - ScottFromWyoming - Sep 29, 2020 - 8:41pm
 
Amazing animals! - kcar - Sep 29, 2020 - 8:00pm
 
Music Videos - Steely_D - Sep 29, 2020 - 7:58pm
 
Name My Band - oldviolin - Sep 29, 2020 - 7:21pm
 
Trump Lies - R_P - Sep 29, 2020 - 7:06pm
 
What The Hell Buddy? - Red_Dragon - Sep 29, 2020 - 6:37pm
 
Media Bias - Ohmsen - Sep 29, 2020 - 5:12pm
 
COVID-19 - haresfur - Sep 29, 2020 - 5:12pm
 
Breaking News - Steely_D - Sep 29, 2020 - 4:54pm
 
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group - GeneP59 - Sep 29, 2020 - 4:37pm
 
Memorials - Remembering Our Loved Ones - haresfur - Sep 29, 2020 - 2:25pm
 
Nigeria - miamizsun - Sep 29, 2020 - 2:19pm
 
Business as Usual - R_P - Sep 29, 2020 - 1:25pm
 
RP Daily Trivia Challenge - ScottFromWyoming - Sep 29, 2020 - 1:16pm
 
Coffee - Steely_D - Sep 29, 2020 - 1:09pm
 
what the hell, miamizsun? - miamizsun - Sep 29, 2020 - 12:20pm
 
Modern - ScottFromWyoming - Sep 29, 2020 - 11:02am
 
It's the economy stupid. - rgio - Sep 29, 2020 - 9:18am
 
Lyrics That Remind You of Someone - oldviolin - Sep 29, 2020 - 8:56am
 
What Did You Do Today? - helenofjoy - Sep 29, 2020 - 8:48am
 
RP App for Android - bevgerry - Sep 29, 2020 - 8:29am
 
Race in America - cc_rider - Sep 29, 2020 - 8:16am
 
Counting with Pictures - Proclivities - Sep 29, 2020 - 7:46am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - helenofjoy - Sep 29, 2020 - 7:28am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Sep 29, 2020 - 5:17am
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - Alchemist - Sep 28, 2020 - 11:58pm
 
Fox Spews - R_P - Sep 28, 2020 - 6:44pm
 
Crazy conspiracy theories - ScottFromWyoming - Sep 28, 2020 - 6:38pm
 
Dial 1 for English - kcar - Sep 28, 2020 - 4:58pm
 
Supreme Court: Who's Next? - Steely_D - Sep 28, 2020 - 3:55pm
 
Things You Thought Today - ScottN - Sep 28, 2020 - 1:47pm
 
FLAC via TuneIn - Steely_D - Sep 28, 2020 - 11:35am
 
China - westslope - Sep 28, 2020 - 11:22am
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - VV - Sep 28, 2020 - 3:06am
 
Climate Change - R_P - Sep 28, 2020 - 12:05am
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Sep 27, 2020 - 8:02pm
 
The American Dream - Red_Dragon - Sep 27, 2020 - 4:02pm
 
Live Music - R_P - Sep 27, 2020 - 2:50pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - haresfur - Sep 27, 2020 - 2:33pm
 
Classical Music - R_P - Sep 27, 2020 - 12:14pm
 
Twitter's finest moment - miamizsun - Sep 27, 2020 - 11:23am
 
KUDOS for BillG - miamizsun - Sep 27, 2020 - 9:04am
 
What are you reading now? - rhahl - Sep 27, 2020 - 7:48am
 
RightWingNutZ - Red_Dragon - Sep 26, 2020 - 4:27pm
 
Khruangbin - Red_Dragon - Sep 26, 2020 - 3:36pm
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - Sep 26, 2020 - 2:19pm
 
How's the weather? - westslope - Sep 26, 2020 - 7:20am
 
Looting & vandalism isn't protest - Red_Dragon - Sep 25, 2020 - 1:17pm
 
Integration of RP app with Apple Music playlists - BillG - Sep 25, 2020 - 12:14pm
 
Canada - westslope - Sep 25, 2020 - 12:03pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Sep 25, 2020 - 10:58am
 
This is Odd, Gross and a good excuse to be late for work - miamizsun - Sep 25, 2020 - 10:08am
 
Drop the Puck! NHL Lockout Ends! - sunybuny - Sep 25, 2020 - 5:35am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - KurtfromLaQuinta - Sep 24, 2020 - 4:32pm
 
Animal Resistance - R_P - Sep 24, 2020 - 4:13pm
 
Bluesound Sound Dropouts - BillG - Sep 24, 2020 - 12:02pm
 
Language - Ohmsen - Sep 24, 2020 - 10:12am
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - miamizsun - Sep 24, 2020 - 5:59am
 
Film & Video Production - rgio - Sep 24, 2020 - 5:11am
 
Quotes: Your Favorite Comedians - Ohmsen - Sep 24, 2020 - 1:07am
 
Questions. - whatshisname - Sep 23, 2020 - 7:10pm
 
American Justice - Steely_D - Sep 23, 2020 - 6:09pm
 
Your favourite conspiracy theory? - R_P - Sep 23, 2020 - 4:56pm
 
*** PUNS *** ASTRONOMY - buddy - Sep 23, 2020 - 4:24pm
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - buddy - Sep 23, 2020 - 4:21pm
 
The Obituary Page - Ohmsen - Sep 23, 2020 - 10:56am
 
how do you feel right now? - Steely_D - Sep 23, 2020 - 10:27am
 
WikiLeaks - Ohmsen - Sep 23, 2020 - 7:58am
 
Favorite Quotes - Coaxial - Sep 23, 2020 - 7:39am
 
Australia has Disappeared - haresfur - Sep 22, 2020 - 9:16pm
 
Evolution! - R_P - Sep 22, 2020 - 8:50pm
 
Brazil - R_P - Sep 22, 2020 - 1:57pm
 
Things I'd LIKE to find at my house. - Antigone - Sep 21, 2020 - 5:31pm
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » Shuttle, ISS and other Real Space Ships Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post to this Topic
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 30, 2020 - 10:19pm



 islander wrote:


 miamizsun wrote:

just tuned in again and they're sitting on go

i say just kick it


what's the first they say when they get to the space station?

my guess?  where's the restroom

because 3-4 g on a full bladder
 

The appropriate term is "punch it Chewy!"
 
“Warp speed, Mr. Sulu.”

miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 30, 2020 - 4:16pm



looks like a go...
edit: nailed it
islander

islander Avatar

Location: Seattle
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 2:22pm



 miamizsun wrote:

just tuned in again and they're sitting on go

i say just kick it


what's the first they say when they get to the space station?

my guess?  where's the restroom

because 3-4 g on a full bladder
 

The appropriate term is "punch it Chewy!"
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 1:27pm

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 BillG wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:

So anyway it must be Starlink. I don't know how I feel about hundreds of those things up there all the time no matter where I look. Welcome to the Jetsons/Blade Runner world, I guess.

 
I saw a dozen or so in the early morning sky in SoCal a couple of weeks ago. I knew they were visible right after launch, but didn't realize just how visible they can be any time, given the right conditions. 

I understand how peeved astronomers are about that, but wireless high speed internet access anywhere in the world is a pretty damn cool deal. 

 
Apparently they'll get high enough that we won't be able to see them but people with telescopes will. I agree about the connectivity being pretty neat.

 

elon has equipped the new sats with a shade to make them "invisible"

eventually the starlink speed is supposed to be ridiculous
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 1:21pm



 miamizsun wrote:

just tuned in again and they're sitting on go

i say just kick it

what's the first they say when they get to the space station?

my guess?  where's the restroom

because 3-4 g on a full bladder
 
No-go / abort.


19 hours to docking so I think they're testing onboard systems...

JrzyTmata

JrzyTmata Avatar



Posted: May 27, 2020 - 1:20pm

scrubbed
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 1:19pm



 BillG wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:

So anyway it must be Starlink. I don't know how I feel about hundreds of those things up there all the time no matter where I look. Welcome to the Jetsons/Blade Runner world, I guess.

 
I saw a dozen or so in the early morning sky in SoCal a couple of weeks ago. I knew they were visible right after launch, but didn't realize just how visible they can be any time, given the right conditions. 

I understand how peeved astronomers are about that, but wireless high speed internet access anywhere in the world is a pretty damn cool deal. 

 
Apparently they'll get high enough that we won't be able to see them but people with telescopes will. I agree about the connectivity being pretty neat.

BillG

BillG Avatar

Location: Left Coast
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 1:16pm



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:

So anyway it must be Starlink. I don't know how I feel about hundreds of those things up there all the time no matter where I look. Welcome to the Jetsons/Blade Runner world, I guess.

 
I saw a dozen or so in the early morning sky in SoCal a couple of weeks ago. I knew they were visible right after launch, but didn't realize just how visible they can be any time, given the right conditions. 

I understand how peeved astronomers are about that, but wireless high speed internet access anywhere in the world is a pretty damn cool deal. 

miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 1:14pm

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 miamizsun wrote:

i look out my window and i see bad weather

i think the target time for ignition is 4:33 pm est

let's hope they get spaced without a hitch

good luck
 

Raining now and okay to launch but weather is "trending the wrong way"

Sounds like they'll make a decision at 4:15
 
just tuned in again and they're sitting on go

i say just kick it

what's the first they say when they get to the space station?

my guess?  where's the restroom

because 3-4 g on a full bladder
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 1:02pm



 miamizsun wrote:



i look out my window and i see bad weather

i think the target time for ignition is 4:33 pm est

let's hope they get spaced without a hitch

good luck
 

Raining now and okay to launch but weather is "trending the wrong way"

Sounds like they'll make a decision at 4:15
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: May 27, 2020 - 11:15am




i look out my window and i see bad weather

i think the target time for ignition is 4:33 pm est

let's hope they get spaced without a hitch

good luck
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 17, 2020 - 8:59pm



 JrzyTmata wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
9:15 pm MDT or so, I'm outside with the dogs. I looked up and saw what I thought was the ISS going over. Pretty cool, I watched it transit from sort of WSW to ENE until it went behind a tree branch. I blinked and looked at the dogs for a minute and looked up and there it was again... so I tracked it again until it disappeared behind ...the ...same... tree... blinked a couple of times and sure enough, there were 2 things up there, not obvious planes, about 3 or 5° apart, traveling the same line. And here's another! And 4, and 5... after I counted 7, I walked inside and told Charlie to come see the UFOs. He came out and immediately saw them, now easily 12 in view, one not quite in the same line but going the same way. Then we spotted one (or a plane?) going vaguely perpendicular to the line. And then 5 or 6 more. To the southwest, where they seemed to be coming from, was a static one, but maybe an aircraft because it seemed to have red/blue and brighter lights, and it wasn't moving. It's still there, in fact.

Charlie thinks it might be Starlink but their launch today was a rocket test, didn't actually launch. It's a mystery. A pretty cool mystery.
 
where was your camera phone?

 
lol Buzz is cringing right now.

So anyway it must be Starlink. I don't know how I feel about hundreds of those things up there all the time no matter where I look. Welcome to the Jetsons/Blade Runner world, I guess.

JrzyTmata

JrzyTmata Avatar



Posted: Apr 17, 2020 - 8:41pm



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
9:15 pm MDT or so, I'm outside with the dogs. I looked up and saw what I thought was the ISS going over. Pretty cool, I watched it transit from sort of WSW to ENE until it went behind a tree branch. I blinked and looked at the dogs for a minute and looked up and there it was again... so I tracked it again until it disappeared behind ...the ...same... tree... blinked a couple of times and sure enough, there were 2 things up there, not obvious planes, about 3 or 5° apart, traveling the same line. And here's another! And 4, and 5... after I counted 7, I walked inside and told Charlie to come see the UFOs. He came out and immediately saw them, now easily 12 in view, one not quite in the same line but going the same way. Then we spotted one (or a plane?) going vaguely perpendicular to the line. And then 5 or 6 more. To the southwest, where they seemed to be coming from, was a static one, but maybe an aircraft because it seemed to have red/blue and brighter lights, and it wasn't moving. It's still there, in fact.

Charlie thinks it might be Starlink but their launch today was a rocket test, didn't actually launch. It's a mystery. A pretty cool mystery.
 
where was your camera phone?

ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 17, 2020 - 8:37pm

9:15 pm MDT or so, I'm outside with the dogs. I looked up and saw what I thought was the ISS going over. Pretty cool, I watched it transit from sort of WSW to ENE until it went behind a tree branch. I blinked and looked at the dogs for a minute and looked up and there it was again... so I tracked it again until it disappeared behind ...the ...same... tree... blinked a couple of times and sure enough, there were 2 things up there, not obvious planes, about 3 or 5° apart, traveling the same line. And here's another! And 4, and 5... after I counted 7, I walked inside and told Charlie to come see the UFOs. He came out and immediately saw them, now easily 12 in view, one not quite in the same line but going the same way. Then we spotted one (or a plane?) going vaguely perpendicular to the line. And then 5 or 6 more. To the southwest, where they seemed to be coming from, was a static one, but maybe an aircraft because it seemed to have red/blue and brighter lights, and it wasn't moving. It's still there, in fact.

Charlie thinks it might be Starlink but their launch today was a rocket test, didn't actually launch. It's a mystery. A pretty cool mystery.
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Dec 15, 2015 - 9:19am

Watch A Livestream Of Astronauts Docking With The International Space Station

 

 

 


Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 7, 2015 - 6:53am


miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 3:28pm

 JrzyTmata wrote:
don't we get to see it land?
 
that's classified

but happy anniversary
JrzyTmata

JrzyTmata Avatar



Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 3:20pm

don't we get to see it land?
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 3:00pm

 Beaker wrote:

The same stream can be found on NASA HD on the Roku.

 
thx

looks like this is going down up
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 2:40pm

about 20 minutes or so



Broadcast live streaming video on Ustream


Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next