[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Trump - kurtster - Dec 11, 2019 - 7:35pm
 
Amazon Echo/Alexa stream not working - jarro - Dec 11, 2019 - 6:54pm
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Dec 11, 2019 - 6:47pm
 
Radio Paradise - Coaxial - Dec 11, 2019 - 6:27pm
 
(Big) Media Watch - Red_Dragon - Dec 11, 2019 - 5:26pm
 
Republican Party - Red_Dragon - Dec 11, 2019 - 5:23pm
 
What makes you smile? - Red_Dragon - Dec 11, 2019 - 5:20pm
 
Finland - R_P - Dec 11, 2019 - 4:55pm
 
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi... - Red_Dragon - Dec 11, 2019 - 3:47pm
 
Books read recently - haresfur - Dec 11, 2019 - 2:39pm
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - Antigone - Dec 11, 2019 - 1:54pm
 
Name My Band - Antigone - Dec 11, 2019 - 1:46pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - ColdMiser - Dec 11, 2019 - 1:19pm
 
FLAC Streaming - geeteaare - Dec 11, 2019 - 10:36am
 
What Puts You In the Christmas Mood? - buddy - Dec 11, 2019 - 9:59am
 
Environment - R_P - Dec 11, 2019 - 9:55am
 
What are you listening to now? - westslope - Dec 11, 2019 - 9:46am
 
RP on a loop via Alexa on Sonos - BillG - Dec 11, 2019 - 9:06am
 
Photos you haven't taken of other people... - Proclivities - Dec 11, 2019 - 8:58am
 
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group - islander - Dec 11, 2019 - 6:19am
 
Things that piss me off - islander - Dec 11, 2019 - 6:18am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - Coaxial - Dec 11, 2019 - 5:03am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - gtufano - Dec 11, 2019 - 12:39am
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Dec 10, 2019 - 8:17pm
 
Health Care - R_P - Dec 10, 2019 - 4:16pm
 
RP forum post editing - westslope - Dec 10, 2019 - 1:53pm
 
Mars - Manbird - Dec 10, 2019 - 1:52pm
 
Afghanistan - westslope - Dec 10, 2019 - 1:48pm
 
Post your favorite 'You Tube' Videos Here - Manbird - Dec 10, 2019 - 1:29pm
 
Things for which you would sell ManBird's soul - Manbird - Dec 10, 2019 - 1:27pm
 
Strange & Cool Music - Proclivities - Dec 10, 2019 - 12:28pm
 
Critical Thought - miamizsun - Dec 10, 2019 - 8:34am
 
Evolution! - R_P - Dec 9, 2019 - 11:09pm
 
Automotive Lust - Red_Dragon - Dec 9, 2019 - 3:23pm
 
TV shows you watch - haresfur - Dec 9, 2019 - 3:15pm
 
This Just In - miamizsun - Dec 9, 2019 - 2:59pm
 
Tech & Science - miamizsun - Dec 9, 2019 - 2:57pm
 
Art Show - miamizsun - Dec 9, 2019 - 2:34pm
 
What The Hell Buddy? - buddy - Dec 9, 2019 - 1:29pm
 
RP Windows Desktop Notification Applet - gvajda - Dec 9, 2019 - 7:43am
 
Graphs, Charts & Maps - ScottFromWyoming - Dec 8, 2019 - 6:13pm
 
Food - ScottFromWyoming - Dec 8, 2019 - 4:20pm
 
Winter time is here ! - miamizsun - Dec 8, 2019 - 8:20am
 
Today in History - miamizsun - Dec 8, 2019 - 8:19am
 
Economix - Lazy8 - Dec 7, 2019 - 8:32pm
 
What Did You Do Today? - Red_Dragon - Dec 7, 2019 - 6:20pm
 
What are you reading now? - miamizsun - Dec 7, 2019 - 12:40pm
 
Impeachment Time: - miamizsun - Dec 7, 2019 - 11:54am
 
Climate Change - miamizsun - Dec 7, 2019 - 11:42am
 
how do you feel right now? - Coaxial - Dec 7, 2019 - 7:52am
 
RP App for Android - jarro - Dec 7, 2019 - 2:22am
 
Things You Thought Today - triskele - Dec 6, 2019 - 4:36pm
 
FOUR WORDS - triskele - Dec 6, 2019 - 4:35pm
 
THREE WORDS - triskele - Dec 6, 2019 - 4:34pm
 
TWO WORDS - triskele - Dec 6, 2019 - 4:34pm
 
ONE WORD - triskele - Dec 6, 2019 - 4:33pm
 
What songs make you cry... - Red_Dragon - Dec 6, 2019 - 3:43pm
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - buddy - Dec 6, 2019 - 2:22pm
 
Republican Sulking Forum - buddy - Dec 6, 2019 - 1:16pm
 
Nice set Bill.... - buddy - Dec 6, 2019 - 12:46pm
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - Dec 6, 2019 - 10:27am
 
Breaking News - Prodigal_SOB - Dec 6, 2019 - 8:43am
 
Maybe it's just the beer talking... - Proclivities - Dec 6, 2019 - 6:27am
 
FLAC Streaming Problem - BillG - Dec 6, 2019 - 3:34am
 
http://stream.radioparadise.com/aac-320 stream cutting out - BillG - Dec 6, 2019 - 3:33am
 
The Perfect Government - miamizsun - Dec 5, 2019 - 3:28pm
 
New Music - miamizsun - Dec 5, 2019 - 2:55pm
 
Infinite cat - kcar - Dec 5, 2019 - 1:45pm
 
The Wall - miamizsun - Dec 5, 2019 - 1:40pm
 
Democratic Party - miamizsun - Dec 5, 2019 - 1:37pm
 
Way Cool Video - miamizsun - Dec 5, 2019 - 6:54am
 
The Middle East - Red_Dragon - Dec 5, 2019 - 6:40am
 
Best Song Comments. - sunybuny - Dec 5, 2019 - 6:23am
 
Echoy voice overs - TheKing2 - Dec 5, 2019 - 1:13am
 
Poetry Forum - Antigone - Dec 4, 2019 - 4:59pm
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » Bad News / Good News Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Post to this Topic
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Dec 2, 2019 - 4:27pm

bad news: cave manning a huge piece of bison jerky yesterday and wrecked an upper molar 

good news: i live next to a university with good dental school and got in first thing this morning and got it repaired
Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 16, 2019 - 5:43am


haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 15, 2019 - 4:19pm

Bad news: a bunch of my cow orkers got laid off

Good news: I got laid off

Bad news: Layoffs retracted (for now)

Good news: Layoffs retracted (for now)

Bad news: No one at work gives a fuck about work right now

Good news: Maybe they will try a voluntary reduction in force with a decent payout
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 22, 2019 - 8:44am



 black321 wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
So the rumors of a clothing manufacturing facility may be just rumors but a guy who talked to a guy said he heard a truck driver say he unloaded a lot of commercial sewing equipment.

Def. Kanye tho.

 
U.S. clothing manufacturing?  But at what price, for the retail goods?

 
*shrug* probably twice what anyone thinks it should be, except for his market, which is vast and willing to pay.

Coaxial

Coaxial Avatar

Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles eas
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 22, 2019 - 8:35am

 black321 wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
So the rumors of a clothing manufacturing facility may be just rumors but a guy who talked to a guy said he heard a truck driver say he unloaded a lot of commercial sewing equipment.

Def. Kanye tho.

 
U.S. clothing manufacturing?  But at what price, for the retail goods?

 
Dude, if you have to ask, you can't afford it.
Coaxial

Coaxial Avatar

Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles eas
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 22, 2019 - 8:34am

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
So the rumors of a clothing manufacturing facility may be just rumors but a guy who talked to a guy said he heard a truck driver say he unloaded a lot of commercial sewing equipment.

Def. Kanye tho.

 
Hopefully they become a boon to your area...Lord knows they could really do some good.{#Pray}
black321

black321 Avatar

Location: A sunset in the desert
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 22, 2019 - 8:30am



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
So the rumors of a clothing manufacturing facility may be just rumors but a guy who talked to a guy said he heard a truck driver say he unloaded a lot of commercial sewing equipment.

Def. Kanye tho.

 
U.S. clothing manufacturing?  But at what price, for the retail goods?

ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 22, 2019 - 8:28am

So the rumors of a clothing manufacturing facility may be just rumors but a guy who talked to a guy said he heard a truck driver say he unloaded a lot of commercial sewing equipment.

Def. Kanye tho.

Ohmsen

Ohmsen Avatar

Location: Valhalla Mists


Posted: Oct 21, 2019 - 1:57pm



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 islander wrote:


I'm pretty used to being out of touch with pop culture, and specifically averse to people involved in reality shows (unless they run the country or something). But it feels extra weird to have to google "what is Kanye West doing in fromwyoming town?"
 

You and me both. Definitely not on my radar as far back as, say, Labor Day.


 



ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 21, 2019 - 1:16pm



 islander wrote:


I'm pretty used to being out of touch with pop culture, and specifically averse to people involved in reality shows (unless they run the country or something). But it feels extra weird to have to google "what is Kanye West doing in fromwyoming town?"
 

You and me both. Definitely not on my radar as far back as, say, Labor Day.
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 21, 2019 - 1:14pm



 miamizsun wrote:

Yeezus Christ!

He will be running for mayor soon...
 

There's always been some undercurrent of that notion. Doesn't seem like he's outgoing enough to get the votes tho. Maybe Kim will do it.
islander

islander Avatar

Location: Seattle
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 21, 2019 - 1:14pm



 ptooey wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
It's actually good news: A local used implement (construction equipment, bulldozers, stuff like that) dealer has wanted to sell his building and land and move away (they got a rotten deal on another business they had here, just want to pull up stakes and choose a better town for them, and that town will be lucky to have them). So the vacant property on the main highway into town from "my" direction has been bought! It's right next to the FedEx facility, and they're going to be manufacturing designer clothing. This will be Kanye West's second venture in this town in the past 3 months...
 
Y'know, I didn't have really high hopes that his moving up there would turn out to be a good thing, but I was wrong. Dude is helping out, no question.

 

I'm pretty used to being out of touch with pop culture, and specifically averse to people involved in reality shows (unless they run the country or something). But it feels extra weird to have to google "what is Kanye West doing in fromwyoming town?"
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 21, 2019 - 1:12pm



 ptooey wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
It's actually good news: A local used implement (construction equipment, bulldozers, stuff like that) dealer has wanted to sell his building and land and move away (they got a rotten deal on another business they had here, just want to pull up stakes and choose a better town for them, and that town will be lucky to have them). So the vacant property on the main highway into town from "my" direction has been bought! It's right next to the FedEx facility, and they're going to be manufacturing designer clothing. This will be Kanye West's second venture in this town in the past 3 months...
 
Y'know, I didn't have really high hopes that his moving up there would turn out to be a good thing, but I was wrong. Dude is helping out, no question.

 

Yep. He's apparently bought some of the Flitner ranch over by Shell. Which is much more attractive than the land he bought here, IMO. I'm sure he's got someone telling him to sock some cash away in land so that's fine. At some point he's going to be unwelcome with some locals, though, if he keeps buying up land. No idea if he plans to allow access or not. But putting in any sort of manufacturing will win him some fans.
ptooey

ptooey Avatar

Location: right behind you. no, over there.
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 21, 2019 - 11:58am



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
It's actually good news: A local used implement (construction equipment, bulldozers, stuff like that) dealer has wanted to sell his building and land and move away (they got a rotten deal on another business they had here, just want to pull up stakes and choose a better town for them, and that town will be lucky to have them). So the vacant property on the main highway into town from "my" direction has been bought! It's right next to the FedEx facility, and they're going to be manufacturing designer clothing. This will be Kanye West's second venture in this town in the past 3 months...
 
Y'know, I didn't have really high hopes that his moving up there would turn out to be a good thing, but I was wrong. Dude is helping out, no question.

miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 21, 2019 - 11:08am

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
The boss' youngest son (college senior on his way to med school) got a preliminary diagnosis of some sort of blood disease that they call cancer but that's casting a really wide net. The lesser form of this can be attributed to stress, high elevation, poor diet. A college kid 7 credits from graduation, living in Laramie (7000'+) might qualify on all points. So we're hoping.

It's actually good news: A local used implement (construction equipment, bulldozers, stuff like that) dealer has wanted to sell his building and land and move away (they got a rotten deal on another business they had here, just want to pull up stakes and choose a better town for them, and that town will be lucky to have them). So the vacant property on the main highway into town from "my" direction has been bought! It's right next to the FedEx facility, and they're going to be manufacturing designer clothing. This will be Kanye West's second venture in this town in the past 3 months...
 
Yeezus Christ!

He will be running for mayor soon...
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 21, 2019 - 10:05am

The boss' youngest son (college senior on his way to med school) got a preliminary diagnosis of some sort of blood disease that they call cancer but that's casting a really wide net. The lesser form of this can be attributed to stress, high elevation, poor diet. A college kid 7 credits from graduation, living in Laramie (7000'+) might qualify on all points. So we're hoping.

It's actually good news: A local used implement (construction equipment, bulldozers, stuff like that) dealer has wanted to sell his building and land and move away (they got a rotten deal on another business they had here, just want to pull up stakes and choose a better town for them, and that town will be lucky to have them). So the vacant property on the main highway into town from "my" direction has been bought! It's right next to the FedEx facility, and they're going to be manufacturing designer clothing. This will be Kanye West's second venture in this town in the past 3 months...
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 25, 2019 - 9:52am



 Red_Dragon wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
A guy who Justine and I met 20+ years ago when he and his new (3rd) wife came thru town on an Elderhostel tour and stopped in our coffeehouse. As tourists, they asked a few questions about the town and I BS'd some opinions and 6 months later, they'd moved here! They bought a new house, moved in, and I'd see them in the summer, but turns out they lived in Hawaii in the winter. Because if you live in Wyoming for 6 months and 1 day, you can claim it as your primary residence and Wyoming doesn't have an income tax. If you have enough money to keep two houses, that probably does mean something significant. Anyway, ol' Walt just passed away a month or two ago. He was 93; my boss' back of the envelope guess puts his net worth at over a billion, but says the trust(s) he set up are being challenged by at least one son. We'll see how that goes: Walt was a CPA.

======

But on the good news front, Mrs. Walt had me come over and work on Walt's computer to get rid of/streamline some of the cables and nonsense he had, and help her stop a lot of emails he got. She gave me his computer speakers, which I didn't really need since we have a set at home that sound good, and at work I keep the $5 junky ones turned down too low to matter. But these are Bose and damn. I'll bet I can use them a bit louder without bothering the office since they sound so nice.

 Walt!
 

Until Dengue Fever plays.
  
 
 
I actually was thinking how sweet that song sounded thru these speakers. #neener


Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Sep 25, 2019 - 9:39am



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
A guy who Justine and I met 20+ years ago when he and his new (3rd) wife came thru town on an Elderhostel tour and stopped in our coffeehouse. As tourists, they asked a few questions about the town and I BS'd some opinions and 6 months later, they'd moved here! They bought a new house, moved in, and I'd see them in the summer, but turns out they lived in Hawaii in the winter. Because if you live in Wyoming for 6 months and 1 day, you can claim it as your primary residence and Wyoming doesn't have an income tax. If you have enough money to keep two houses, that probably does mean something significant. Anyway, ol' Walt just passed away a month or two ago. He was 93; my boss' back of the envelope guess puts his net worth at over a billion, but says the trust(s) he set up are being challenged by at least one son. We'll see how that goes: Walt was a CPA.

======

But on the good news front, Mrs. Walt had me come over and work on Walt's computer to get rid of/streamline some of the cables and nonsense he had, and help her stop a lot of emails he got. She gave me his computer speakers, which I didn't really need since we have a set at home that sound good, and at work I keep the $5 junky ones turned down too low to matter. But these are Bose and damn. I'll bet I can use them a bit louder without bothering the office since they sound so nice.

 Walt!
 

Until Dengue Fever plays.
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Sep 25, 2019 - 8:11am

the bad news:  people easily succumb to their evolutionary negativity bias

the good news: there's plenty of good data/evidence to reverse it

wide ranging thoughts on the subject

please give this a listen

Why are we so gloomy about the world?

Statistics from around the world show huge improvements to our way of life, but many of us think the world is in decline. There are good reasons for this; climate change is often cited as the big one. But many of us aren’t aware of the huge strides we’ve made over the decades in reducing poverty, improving healthcare and tackling hunger. In fact, according to surveys of people in richer countries at least, the majority of people think the world is getting worse; but why? In this edition of the Why Factor, Sandra Kanthal asks if human nature is wired to fixate on the downsides of life.
 
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 8, 2019 - 2:44pm

A guy who Justine and I met 20+ years ago when he and his new (3rd) wife came thru town on an Elderhostel tour and stopped in our coffeehouse. As tourists, they asked a few questions about the town and I BS'd some opinions and 6 months later, they'd moved here! They bought a new house, moved in, and I'd see them in the summer, but turns out they lived in Hawaii in the winter. Because if you live in Wyoming for 6 months and 1 day, you can claim it as your primary residence and Wyoming doesn't have an income tax. If you have enough money to keep two houses, that probably does mean something significant. Anyway, ol' Walt just passed away a month or two ago. He was 93; my boss' back of the envelope guess puts his net worth at over a billion, but says the trust(s) he set up are being challenged by at least one son. We'll see how that goes: Walt was a CPA.

======

But on the good news front, Mrs. Walt had me come over and work on Walt's computer to get rid of/streamline some of the cables and nonsense he had, and help her stop a lot of emails he got. She gave me his computer speakers, which I didn't really need since we have a set at home that sound good, and at work I keep the $5 junky ones turned down too low to matter. But these are Bose and damn. I'll bet I can use them a bit louder without bothering the office since they sound so nice.

 Walt!
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next