[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Jun 23, 2021 - 7:36pm
 
The Obituary Page - Manbird - Jun 23, 2021 - 4:27pm
 
Race in America - miamizsun - Jun 23, 2021 - 4:08pm
 
Graphic designers, ho! - ScottFromWyoming - Jun 23, 2021 - 4:02pm
 
The War on Women - miamizsun - Jun 23, 2021 - 3:58pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - miamizsun - Jun 23, 2021 - 3:09pm
 
Breaking News - GeneP59 - Jun 23, 2021 - 2:56pm
 
Music Videos - sirdroseph - Jun 23, 2021 - 12:02pm
 
RP App for Android - jarro - Jun 23, 2021 - 11:51am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - hughframpton - Jun 23, 2021 - 10:39am
 
Apple Music - GeneP59 - Jun 23, 2021 - 8:58am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - GeneP59 - Jun 23, 2021 - 8:51am
 
North Korea - sirdroseph - Jun 23, 2021 - 4:44am
 
Media Bias - sirdroseph - Jun 23, 2021 - 3:25am
 
Apple Music Broken - BillG - Jun 22, 2021 - 7:42pm
 
Last gas price paid? - haresfur - Jun 22, 2021 - 7:32pm
 
Canadian Music - haresfur - Jun 22, 2021 - 7:25pm
 
Great Old Songs You Rarely Hear Anymore - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 22, 2021 - 6:07pm
 
Post your favorite 'You Tube' Videos Here - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 22, 2021 - 6:02pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - haresfur - Jun 22, 2021 - 5:17pm
 
Real Life vs. the Internet - miamizsun - Jun 22, 2021 - 3:01pm
 
In the Know - oldviolin - Jun 22, 2021 - 11:34am
 
New Music - Proclivities - Jun 22, 2021 - 8:53am
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - sirdroseph - Jun 22, 2021 - 7:05am
 
The war on funk is over! - sirdroseph - Jun 22, 2021 - 7:01am
 
What Makes You Laugh? - sirdroseph - Jun 22, 2021 - 6:45am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Jun 22, 2021 - 5:22am
 
Once upon a time... - sirdroseph - Jun 22, 2021 - 5:21am
 
How would you mow the lawn? - sirdroseph - Jun 22, 2021 - 3:43am
 
Name My Band - oldviolin - Jun 21, 2021 - 9:30pm
 
Live Music - oldviolin - Jun 21, 2021 - 9:26pm
 
Chicago 25 Or 6 To 4 - kurtster - Jun 21, 2021 - 9:18pm
 
2020 Elections - Manbird - Jun 21, 2021 - 7:46pm
 
what the hell, miamizsun? - miamizsun - Jun 21, 2021 - 3:20pm
 
If not RP, what are you listening to right now? - Steely_D - Jun 21, 2021 - 12:11pm
 
Poetry Forum - Steely_D - Jun 21, 2021 - 12:09pm
 
Lyrics That Remind You of Someone - oldviolin - Jun 21, 2021 - 8:21am
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - oldviolin - Jun 21, 2021 - 8:20am
 
Remembering Duane Allman - oldviolin - Jun 21, 2021 - 8:14am
 
Things You Thought Today - oldviolin - Jun 21, 2021 - 8:07am
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Jun 21, 2021 - 7:06am
 
King Crimson - ColdMiser - Jun 21, 2021 - 6:55am
 
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests - Coaxial - Jun 20, 2021 - 8:03pm
 
Movie quotes used as life's truisms - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 20, 2021 - 5:35pm
 
The Grateful Dead - Ohmsen - Jun 20, 2021 - 2:34pm
 
songs that ROCK! - Ohmsen - Jun 20, 2021 - 1:00pm
 
Mozart Reincarnated - Too Many Notes - Ohmsen - Jun 19, 2021 - 11:39pm
 
Great drummers - JrzyTmata - Jun 19, 2021 - 10:17am
 
Jazz - Proclivities - Jun 19, 2021 - 9:21am
 
COVID-19 - R_P - Jun 18, 2021 - 10:29pm
 
Play the Blues - oldviolin - Jun 18, 2021 - 6:42pm
 
RP app for MacBook Pro 16 not compatible? - gtufano - Jun 18, 2021 - 11:29am
 
Music documentaries - R_P - Jun 18, 2021 - 10:37am
 
Republican Party - rgio - Jun 18, 2021 - 5:34am
 
Country Up The Bumpkin - oldviolin - Jun 17, 2021 - 6:52pm
 
Climate Change - Red_Dragon - Jun 17, 2021 - 6:32pm
 
Derplahoma! - Red_Dragon - Jun 17, 2021 - 4:27pm
 
OBAMACARE - Lazy8 - Jun 17, 2021 - 4:12pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - Red_Dragon - Jun 17, 2021 - 2:53pm
 
How to stop autopaly in iOS - gtufano - Jun 17, 2021 - 2:51pm
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - VV - Jun 17, 2021 - 10:13am
 
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing - oldviolin - Jun 17, 2021 - 9:17am
 
Museum Of Bad Album Covers - yuel - Jun 17, 2021 - 12:25am
 
Putin Owns Trump - rgio - Jun 16, 2021 - 2:31pm
 
Joe Biden - R_P - Jun 16, 2021 - 12:14pm
 
Evolution! - R_P - Jun 16, 2021 - 9:56am
 
Trump Lies™ - kcar - Jun 15, 2021 - 7:02pm
 
bummed - Red_Dragon - Jun 15, 2021 - 3:50pm
 
Trump - R_P - Jun 15, 2021 - 1:52pm
 
Insane-looking Lawyers - rhahl - Jun 15, 2021 - 11:55am
 
Military Matters - Red_Dragon - Jun 15, 2021 - 5:04am
 
What Did You See Today? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 14, 2021 - 5:27pm
 
What Did You Do Today? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Jun 14, 2021 - 5:25pm
 
DQ (as in 'Daily Quote') - oldviolin - Jun 14, 2021 - 4:39pm
 
• • • Clownstock • • •  - kcar - Jun 14, 2021 - 3:25pm
 
Index » Regional/Local » USA/Canada » Media Bias Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Post to this Topic
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 23, 2021 - 3:25am

 black321 wrote:
 Steely_D wrote:


So many words. All of it boiling down to "doesn't it make you wonder..." which is a horrible platform to build your philosophies on.


What i got out of it was, politicians, fauci, medical professional leaders (e.g. various bureacrats) manipulated and often lied for various reasons, some good and some bad.
Initially they lied about masks to preserve PPE. It didnt take a genius to understand even in the beginning a mask was a good idea.
I don't recall any initial lies or manipulation around the lab v. nature argument, but once the GOP whackjobs starting using the lab theory as ammunition against Ghina, the freaks on the left would never admit it was lab based, purely for political reasons, and shut down the whole argument, without anything to back it up.  Gotta stick with your team!
All this does beg the question, as per the video, what also are they misleading us about? 
The above examples were all pretty obvious, so I dont think we need to think too hard to figure what else.  
Still, all this subterfuge, which eventually always gets out, makes the naive question the establishment, and adds to the antivaxx movement.
You get what you deserve. 
 
You get it.{#Yes}
haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 5:14pm

 Steely_D wrote:

Back in the days when her Friday show ended with bar keeping ideas, I use to lurve Rachel. After a while it became obvious that she had an hour to fill, and would build things up to make that happen. Stopped watching her many years ago.





Yeah, I hate that kind of commentary show and podcasts that spin shit out forever rather than getting to a simple and clear point. Cocktails are a much better way to fill time. And I would love it if they all were held accountable to use appropriate disclaimers or at least waffle-words like "suggests" and "might lead you to believe"
black321

black321 Avatar

Location: An earth without maps
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 2:36pm

 Steely_D wrote:


So many words. All of it boiling down to "doesn't it make you wonder..." which is a horrible platform to build your philosophies on.


What i got out of it was, politicians, fauci, medical professional leaders (e.g. various bureacrats) manipulated and often lied for various reasons, some good and some bad.
Initially they lied about masks to preserve PPE. It didnt take a genius to understand even in the beginning a mask was a good idea.
I don't recall any initial lies or manipulation around the lab v. nature argument, but once the GOP whackjobs starting using the lab theory as ammunition against Ghina, the freaks on the left would never admit it was lab based, purely for political reasons, and shut down the whole argument, without anything to back it up.  Gotta stick with your team!
All this does beg the question, as per the video, what also are they misleading us about? 
The above examples were all pretty obvious, so I dont think we need to think too hard to figure what else.  
Still, all this subterfuge, which eventually always gets out, makes the naive question the establishment, and adds to the antivaxx movement.
You get what you deserve. 
Manbird

Manbird Avatar

Location: Krakatoa, East of Java
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 2:12pm

 Lazy8 wrote:

Hmm. One of them colors her newsy information and stories with face palms, roll eyes, yeah rights and does little to couch her liberal fun time get-together hour as hard news and the other is a mechanical flat out lying disinformation machine who wants to present his propaganda as cold hard news - and wants to manipulate people who don't know better.  Has Maddow ever flat out lied? I'll bet she has but if you count the lies they both have told (in the manner that they counted Trump's lies over the years) there really is no comparison, IMHO.
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 1:51pm

 Lazy8 wrote:
Back in the days when her Friday show ended with bar keeping ideas, I use to lurve Rachel. After a while it became obvious that she had an hour to fill, and would build things up to make that happen. Stopped watching her many years ago.



Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 1:49pm

 sirdroseph wrote:


So many words. All of it boiling down to "doesn't it make you wonder..." which is a horrible platform to build your philosophies on.
Lazy8

Lazy8 Avatar

Location: The Gallatin Valley of Montana
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 1:11pm

What do Tucker Carlson and Rachel Maddow have in common?
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 17, 2021 - 4:50am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 15, 2021 - 4:26am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 11, 2021 - 4:55am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 9, 2021 - 4:07am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 19, 2021 - 5:12am

This is very odd.  Why all of the sudden in this particular case are they doing their jobs proper and making sense.  Is it because the victim wasn't black?? Well it least it shows that they have the ability for unbiased truth based reporting. They can do it when they want to.
 
 
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 16, 2021 - 4:14am

R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Apr 15, 2021 - 1:59pm

Feeding Hate With Video: A Former Alt-Right YouTuber Explains His Methods
Focus on conflict. Feed the algorithm. Make sure whatever you produce reinforces a narrative. Don’t worry if it is true.
Mr. Robertson would go on to produce videos for a who’s who of right-wing YouTube personalities on both sides of the Atlantic, including Lauren Southern, Stefan Molyneux and Alex Jones.

The videos were tailored for the “echo chamber” that is often created by social media networks like YouTube. To keep you watching, YouTube serves up videos similar to those you have watched before. But the longer someone watches, the more extreme the videos can become.

“It can create these very radical people who are like gurus,” said Guillaume Chaslot, a former YouTube engineer who has been critical of the way the company’s algorithms pushed people to extreme content. “In terms of watch time, a guru is wonderful.” (...)

Raw footage of the episode in Rome, provided by Mr. Robertson and reviewed by The New York Times, shows that the YouTube video was edited to give the false impression that Mr. Robinson was threatened. The full footage shows he was the aggressor.

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 15, 2021 - 6:00am

Brian Stelter.{#Lol}
 
 
 
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 15, 2021 - 3:22am

 Lazy8 wrote:
 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
I think it's important to recognize that posting a link to project veritas that purports to expose media bias is a display of symptoms likely described in the DSM-IV

The truth or falsehood of a statement doesn't depend on who makes it. In this case the Veritas guys think they've made a valuable contribution to the historical record but they're realy only confirming the blindingly obvious: CNN plays for Team Blue. Shocking, I know. I'm guessing this dude is going to become an unperson at CNN by the end of the week, perhaps accompanied by a press release affirming CNN's commitment to unbiased journalism and denying partisan bias. You'll have to read it tho; no one could say it out loud with a straight face.
 
{#Yes}
kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Apr 15, 2021 - 12:32am

 Jiggz wrote:

Almost as shocking as Fox, the NY Post and others running the rigged-election lies for weeks and weeks and...

But as Sidney Powell can tell you now, “No reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact."

The conservative British paper The Daily Mail points out:

As a technical director, Chester operates video editing equipment for the cable network, where he has worked since 2018, according to his now-deleted LinkedIn bio.

It is unlikely that he would have had editorial input at CNN, or participated in the network's daily editorial calls. But Project Veritas argues that he has unique insights on the editorial culture at CNN, in which he would be immersed daily.


R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Apr 14, 2021 - 4:58pm

 Lazy8 wrote:
The truth or falsehood of a statement doesn't depend on who makes it. In this case the Veritas guys think they've made a valuable contribution to the historical record but they're realy only confirming the blindingly obvious: CNN plays for Team Blue. Shocking, I know.

I'm guessing this dude is going to become an unperson at CNN by the end of the week, perhaps accompanied by a press release affirming CNN's commitment to unbiased journalism and denying partisan bias. You'll have to read it tho; no one could say it out loud with a straight face.

And gal.

Cancelled for vaingloriously blabbing on Tinder.

Lazy8

Lazy8 Avatar

Location: The Gallatin Valley of Montana
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 14, 2021 - 4:45pm

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
I think it's important to recognize that posting a link to project veritas that purports to expose media bias is a display of symptoms likely described in the DSM-IV

The truth or falsehood of a statement doesn't depend on who makes it. In this case the Veritas guys think they've made a valuable contribution to the historical record but they're realy only confirming the blindingly obvious: CNN plays for Team Blue. Shocking, I know.

I'm guessing this dude is going to become an unperson at CNN by the end of the week, perhaps accompanied by a press release affirming CNN's commitment to unbiased journalism and denying partisan bias. You'll have to read it tho; no one could say it out loud with a straight face.

maryte

maryte Avatar

Location: Blinding You With Library Science!
Gender: Female


Posted: Apr 14, 2021 - 9:19am

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:

I think it's important to recognize that posting a link to project veritas that purports to expose media bias is a display of symptoms likely described in the DSM-IV





Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87  Next