[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Bluesound Sound Dropouts - michael16 - Sep 23, 2020 - 9:47pm
 
Questions. - whatshisname - Sep 23, 2020 - 7:10pm
 
COVID-19 - R_P - Sep 23, 2020 - 6:51pm
 
American Justice - Steely_D - Sep 23, 2020 - 6:09pm
 
Trump - Red_Dragon - Sep 23, 2020 - 5:15pm
 
Your favourite conspiracy theory? - R_P - Sep 23, 2020 - 4:56pm
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - buddy - Sep 23, 2020 - 4:27pm
 
*** PUNS *** ASTRONOMY - buddy - Sep 23, 2020 - 4:24pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - buddy - Sep 23, 2020 - 4:22pm
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - buddy - Sep 23, 2020 - 4:21pm
 
Language - R_P - Sep 23, 2020 - 3:27pm
 
Supreme Court: Who's Next? - R_P - Sep 23, 2020 - 12:33pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - sirdroseph - Sep 23, 2020 - 12:21pm
 
Quotes: Your Favorite Comedians - cc_rider - Sep 23, 2020 - 12:11pm
 
2020 Elections - westslope - Sep 23, 2020 - 11:31am
 
Looting & vandalism isn't protest - westslope - Sep 23, 2020 - 10:57am
 
The Obituary Page - Ohmsen - Sep 23, 2020 - 10:56am
 
It's the economy stupid. - Red_Dragon - Sep 23, 2020 - 10:27am
 
how do you feel right now? - Steely_D - Sep 23, 2020 - 10:27am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - pigtail - Sep 23, 2020 - 9:06am
 
WikiLeaks - Ohmsen - Sep 23, 2020 - 7:58am
 
Favorite Quotes - Coaxial - Sep 23, 2020 - 7:39am
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - oldviolin - Sep 23, 2020 - 7:20am
 
Counting with Pictures - yuel - Sep 23, 2020 - 12:18am
 
Race in America - R_P - Sep 23, 2020 - 12:06am
 
The American Dream - kcar - Sep 22, 2020 - 11:49pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - GeneP59 - Sep 22, 2020 - 10:07pm
 
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group - GeneP59 - Sep 22, 2020 - 9:59pm
 
Australia has Disappeared - haresfur - Sep 22, 2020 - 9:16pm
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - Sep 22, 2020 - 8:57pm
 
Evolution! - R_P - Sep 22, 2020 - 8:50pm
 
Name My Band - Antigone - Sep 22, 2020 - 4:04pm
 
Trump Lies - R_P - Sep 22, 2020 - 2:45pm
 
Brazil - R_P - Sep 22, 2020 - 1:57pm
 
RP Daily Trivia Challenge - KurtfromLaQuinta - Sep 22, 2020 - 7:49am
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Sep 21, 2020 - 9:29pm
 
Things I'd LIKE to find at my house. - Antigone - Sep 21, 2020 - 5:31pm
 
Lyrics that strike a chord today... - Steely_D - Sep 21, 2020 - 5:13pm
 
RP Main Mix on TuneIn unavailable? - DianaLipka - Sep 21, 2020 - 9:56am
 
Best Song Comments. - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Sep 21, 2020 - 5:37am
 
Trolls at RP - Steely_D - Sep 20, 2020 - 4:41pm
 
Facebook Tips - Ohmsen - Sep 20, 2020 - 2:37pm
 
Climate Change - R_P - Sep 20, 2020 - 12:34pm
 
Environment - R_P - Sep 20, 2020 - 9:56am
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - oldviolin - Sep 20, 2020 - 9:16am
 
Lyrics That Remind You of Someone - oldviolin - Sep 20, 2020 - 9:15am
 
Is there any DOG news out there? - sirdroseph - Sep 20, 2020 - 7:29am
 
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix - miamizsun - Sep 20, 2020 - 6:46am
 
Republican Party - sirdroseph - Sep 20, 2020 - 6:14am
 
FLAC Streaming - gsbaronnier - Sep 20, 2020 - 3:24am
 
Anti-War - R_P - Sep 19, 2020 - 4:57pm
 
How's the weather? - Antigone - Sep 19, 2020 - 3:48pm
 
Immigration - R_P - Sep 19, 2020 - 2:17pm
 
TV shows you watch - KurtfromLaQuinta - Sep 19, 2020 - 12:57pm
 
China - R_P - Sep 19, 2020 - 11:07am
 
Thank you, Bug. - miamizsun - Sep 19, 2020 - 6:53am
 
Things You Thought Today - Antigone - Sep 19, 2020 - 6:04am
 
Canada - R_P - Sep 18, 2020 - 7:37pm
 
Tech & Science - R_P - Sep 18, 2020 - 6:20pm
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - miamizsun - Sep 18, 2020 - 1:59pm
 
Bad Poetry - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2020 - 11:05am
 
Private messages in a public forum - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2020 - 10:21am
 
honk if you think manbird and OV are one and the same ent... - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2020 - 10:14am
 
Buddy's Haven - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2020 - 9:14am
 
What The Hell Buddy? - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2020 - 8:10am
 
Drop the Puck! NHL Lockout Ends! - black321 - Sep 18, 2020 - 6:06am
 
Today in History - Ohmsen - Sep 18, 2020 - 5:26am
 
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing - oldviolin - Sep 17, 2020 - 9:04pm
 
Signs o' the Apocalypse in the news... - Steely_D - Sep 17, 2020 - 6:57pm
 
Soliciting ideas to bring about a more humane world - miamizsun - Sep 17, 2020 - 5:06pm
 
Rock Movies/Documentaries - Steely_D - Sep 17, 2020 - 1:39pm
 
HALF A WORLD - oldviolin - Sep 17, 2020 - 11:57am
 
What are you listening to now? - oldviolin - Sep 17, 2020 - 11:53am
 
Live Music - oldviolin - Sep 17, 2020 - 11:49am
 
Women in the World - miamizsun - Sep 17, 2020 - 11:02am
 
Index » Internet/Computer » Streaming/Media » Sonos Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post to this Topic
scrubbrush

scrubbrush Avatar

Location: Dark Side of the Cube
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 28, 2020 - 10:40pm

Yep. It now works perfectly. i have been listening to RP favorites for the past 4 days, almost non stop, and hardly heard a song repeated. It's also encouraged me to go back and rank more songs. 

 jarro wrote:
Thanks for pointing that out.   Favorites can now play all day and night.   Plus the glitches with song transitions should  be fixed.    At least haven't noticed any over past few hours.

 scrubbrush wrote:
Favorites works great. Plays only songs that I've ranked 7 or higher. I have well over 1000 songs ranked 7+. Brilliant. I knew that ranking all those songs would pay off someday.

The only issue I've found is that Favorites only seems to play 10 to 15 songs and then stops... i have to keep restarting it...

 


 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 23, 2020 - 9:32pm

Thanks for pointing that out.   Favorites can now play all day and night.   Plus the glitches with song transitions should be fixed.    At least haven't noticed any over past few hours.

 scrubbrush wrote:
Favorites works great. Plays only songs that I've ranked 7 or higher. I have well over 1000 songs ranked 7+. Brilliant. I knew that ranking all those songs would pay off someday.

The only issue I've found is that Favorites only seems to play 10 to 15 songs and then stops... i have to keep restarting it...

 


scrubbrush

scrubbrush Avatar

Location: Dark Side of the Cube
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 21, 2020 - 3:48pm

Favorites works great. Plays only songs that I've ranked 7 or higher. I have well over 1000 songs ranked 7+. Brilliant. I knew that ranking all those songs would pay off someday.

The only issue I've found is that Favorites only seems to play 10 to 15 songs and then stops... i have to keep restarting it...

yxu

yxu Avatar



Posted: Jun 16, 2020 - 2:55pm



 jarro wrote:


I think they mean discrete files as oppposed to local.     You still can't add the flac streams via their TuneIn service.    But services can play flac files.   As long it meets their supported specs.   

 yxu wrote:
My understanding from the Sonos site is that S2 does not yet support FLAC streaming, but local files only. https://support.sonos.com/s/ar...   I wonder if it’s truly coming through as FLAC?
 


 


 

Oh, awesome! Thanks, can’t wait to try!
jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 16, 2020 - 10:38am



I think they mean discrete files as oppposed to local.     You still can't add the flac streams via their TuneIn service.    But services can play flac files.   As long it meets their supported specs.   

 yxu wrote:
My understanding from the Sonos site is that S2 does not yet support FLAC streaming, but local files only. https://support.sonos.com/s/ar...   I wonder if it’s truly coming through as FLAC?
 


 


yxu

yxu Avatar



Posted: Jun 16, 2020 - 6:54am



 radiomaster48 wrote:
Thanks! Yesterday, it all of sudden showed up! It works! Great job!!

 jarro wrote:
Flac should be available now.   If you're not seeing it,  may need to close and restart the app.

The timing is off on the metadata and skipping,  hope to have that sorted over the next week or two.

 radiomaster48 wrote:
The Sonos firmware update has now been released. So far the bitrate options for the RP Sonos music service have not changed. Any news when FLAC will become available as a streaming option?

 BillG wrote:


 Mikedemunck wrote:
Great that RP is available as a service on Sonos! Any chance the flac stream will be available any time in the future? That would be awesome 👌🏼
 
My understanding is that FLAC will be available after an upcoming Sonos firmware update. Everything is in place at our end. 

 


 


 

My understanding from the Sonos site is that S2 does not yet support FLAC streaming, but local files only. https://support.sonos.com/s/ar...   I wonder if it’s truly coming through as FLAC?
 


radiomaster48

radiomaster48 Avatar

Location: Switzerland


Posted: Jun 15, 2020 - 10:27pm

Thanks! Yesterday, it all of sudden showed up! It works! Great job!!

 jarro wrote:
Flac should be available now.   If you're not seeing it,  may need to close and restart the app.

The timing is off on the metadata and skipping,  hope to have that sorted over the next week or two.

 radiomaster48 wrote:
The Sonos firmware update has now been released. So far the bitrate options for the RP Sonos music service have not changed. Any news when FLAC will become available as a streaming option?

 BillG wrote:


 Mikedemunck wrote:
Great that RP is available as a service on Sonos! Any chance the flac stream will be available any time in the future? That would be awesome 👌🏼
 
My understanding is that FLAC will be available after an upcoming Sonos firmware update. Everything is in place at our end. 

 


 


 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 15, 2020 - 8:08am

Flac should be available now.   If you're not seeing it,  may need to close and restart the app.

The timing is off on the metadata and skipping,  hope to have that sorted over the next week or two.

 radiomaster48 wrote:
The Sonos firmware update has now been released. So far the bitrate options for the RP Sonos music service have not changed. Any news when FLAC will become available as a streaming option?

 BillG wrote:


 Mikedemunck wrote:
Great that RP is available as a service on Sonos! Any chance the flac stream will be available any time in the future? That would be awesome 👌🏼
 
My understanding is that FLAC will be available after an upcoming Sonos firmware update. Everything is in place at our end. 

 


 


radiomaster48

radiomaster48 Avatar

Location: Switzerland


Posted: Jun 12, 2020 - 11:23am

The Sonos firmware update has now been released. So far the bitrate options for the RP Sonos music service have not changed. Any news when FLAC will become available as a streaming option?

 BillG wrote:


 Mikedemunck wrote:
Great that RP is available as a service on Sonos! Any chance the flac stream will be available any time in the future? That would be awesome 👌🏼
 
My understanding is that FLAC will be available after an upcoming Sonos firmware update. Everything is in place at our end. 

 


toomanyollys

toomanyollys Avatar



Posted: Jun 4, 2020 - 2:21pm

Yep, this now seems to be working, thank you! 

 jarro wrote:
Favorites should be fixed,  along with  the  problem of the occasional song ending early.   

 scrubbrush wrote:
I found the same thing... it plays any song I've ever ranked, even if it's a 1 (Steely Dan, I'm talking to you)

 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 3, 2020 - 11:13pm

Favorites should be fixed,  along with  the  problem of the occasional song ending early.   

 scrubbrush wrote:
I found the same thing... it plays any song I've ever ranked, even if it's a 1 (Steely Dan, I'm talking to you)

scrubbrush

scrubbrush Avatar

Location: Dark Side of the Cube
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 2, 2020 - 6:43am

I found the same thing... it plays any song I've ever ranked, even if it's a 1 (Steely Dan, I'm talking to you)

 toomanyollys wrote:
The "My favourites" stream is now working - kinda... it seems to be playing any song I've ever rated, be it a 10 or a 1 



 jarro wrote:
My favorites does seem broken at the moment.   Will get that sorted.

 toomanyollys wrote:
Only just discovered the RP Sonos service, love it! Out of interest, does the "My favourites" stream work for anyone else? When I select it, nothing really happens (either 128 or 320k options) except the play icon briefly flashes. Understand it may still be a work in progress!
 


 


 


toomanyollys

toomanyollys Avatar



Posted: May 25, 2020 - 11:02am

The "My favourites" stream is now working - kinda... it seems to be playing any song I've ever rated, be it a 10 or a 1 


 jarro wrote:
My favorites does seem broken at the moment.   Will get that sorted.

 toomanyollys wrote:
Only just discovered the RP Sonos service, love it! Out of interest, does the "My favourites" stream work for anyone else? When I select it, nothing really happens (either 128 or 320k options) except the play icon briefly flashes. Understand it may still be a work in progress!
 


 


HandK



Posted: May 25, 2020 - 9:47am



 BillG wrote:


 HandK wrote:
Bill / Rebecca,
Thank you so much for making RP available on Sonos
....................
However, FYI- RP on Sonos Radio as at 24 MAY 2020:

RP Eclectic / World - works no problem
RP Mellow - works no problem
RP Rock - works no problem
*** RP Main - visible but doesn't seem to work / won't play ***
................
I was assuming it was operator error (ie us) but can't track it down if it is.
Not sure if issue may be at your end or at the Sonos inc. end ?
Any help you can give with this would be very much appreciated
..................
Thanks for creating such a brilliant Radio Station and keep up the good work
...................
Regards
H and K
 

RP is currently not available via TuneIn or Sonos Radio in the UK, due to licensing issues. We're working to resolve that. In the meantime, give our Sonos music service a try.

In the Sonos phone app (not the computer desktop app), tap 'Settings', then 'Add a Service', and find us on the list. After that, we'll be available on the 'Browse' menu.


 
Bill, Thanks very much for your help with this - RP back on !!!
I can confirm that all RP stations work in UK using this method - including RP Main
...........
Thanks once again
H

BillG

BillG Avatar

Location: Left Coast
Gender: Male


Posted: May 24, 2020 - 4:44pm



 HandK wrote:
Bill / Rebecca,
Thank you so much for making RP available on Sonos
....................
However, FYI- RP on Sonos Radio as at 24 MAY 2020:

RP Eclectic / World - works no problem
RP Mellow - works no problem
RP Rock - works no problem
*** RP Main - visible but doesn't seem to work / won't play ***
................
I was assuming it was operator error (ie us) but can't track it down if it is.
Not sure if issue may be at your end or at the Sonos inc. end ?
Any help you can give with this would be very much appreciated
..................
Thanks for creating such a brilliant Radio Station and keep up the good work
...................
Regards
H and K
 

RP is currently not available via TuneIn or Sonos Radio in the UK, due to licensing issues. We're working to resolve that. In the meantime, give our Sonos music service a try.

In the Sonos phone app (not the computer desktop app), tap 'Settings', then 'Add a Service', and find us on the list. After that, we'll be available on the 'Browse' menu.


HandK



Posted: May 24, 2020 - 12:21pm

Bill / Rebecca,
Thank you so much for making RP available on Sonos
....................
However, FYI- RP on Sonos Radio as at 24 MAY 2020:

RP Eclectic / World - works no problem
RP Mellow - works no problem
RP Rock - works no problem
*** RP Main - visible but doesn't seem to work / won't play ***
................
I was assuming it was operator error (ie us) but can't track it down if it is.
Not sure if issue may be at your end or at the Sonos inc. end ??
Any help you can give with this would be very much appreciated
..................
Thanks for creating such a brilliant Radio Station and keep up the good work
...................
Regards
H and K
toomanyollys

toomanyollys Avatar



Posted: May 23, 2020 - 4:42pm

Fantastic, glad to know it's not just user error 

 jarro wrote:
My favorites does seem broken at the moment.   Will get that sorted.

 toomanyollys wrote:
Only just discovered the RP Sonos service, love it! Out of interest, does the "My favourites" stream work for anyone else? When I select it, nothing really happens (either 128 or 320k options) except the play icon briefly flashes. Understand it may still be a work in progress!
 


 


jarro

jarro Avatar

Location: #guads
Gender: Male


Posted: May 23, 2020 - 5:40am

My favorites does seem broken at the moment.   Will get that sorted.

 toomanyollys wrote:
Only just discovered the RP Sonos service, love it! Out of interest, does the "My favourites" stream work for anyone else? When I select it, nothing really happens (either 128 or 320k options) except the play icon briefly flashes. Understand it may still be a work in progress!
 


toomanyollys

toomanyollys Avatar



Posted: May 23, 2020 - 4:53am

Only just discovered the RP Sonos service, love it! Out of interest, does the "My favourites" stream work for anyone else? When I select it, nothing really happens (either 128 or 320k options) except the play icon briefly flashes. Understand it may still be a work in progress!
mjvander

mjvander Avatar

Location: Kelowna BC


Posted: May 22, 2020 - 7:05pm

Love the Sonos service, just a minor quibble, every now and then there are some song transitions that are a bit harsh, not something i have noticed on the "main" feed.  Other than that, its Saul Goodman

Stay safe and sane...

 gfischer99 wrote:
Bill ... look forward to the FLAC stream!

Couple things ... 
1. I noticed that recently the Sonos Service no longer has the Sync option. Is this by design? 
2. I use the Android app on my Sony Android TV. I saw that there is a Sync to Sonos capability. That's great as it allows me to use the app with the rolling pictures in 4K and have it sync'd to RP playing on other Sonos players (or so in theory) ...
- If there are 5 other Sonos players in the home, how does the app know which one to sync to? There is no choice and different players may be playing different streams
- I noticed after a while that the app on the TV is no longer in sync and, indeed, seems to be playing something completely different, or, in some cases stops streaming



 BillG wrote:


 Mikedemunck wrote:
Great that RP is available as a service on Sonos! Any chance the flac stream will be available any time in the future? That would be awesome 👌🏼
 
My understanding is that FLAC will be available after an upcoming Sonos firmware update. Everything is in place at our end. 

 


 


Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next