[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Looting & vandalism isn't protest - sirdroseph - Oct 31, 2020 - 4:14am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - sirdroseph - Oct 31, 2020 - 4:11am
 
2020 Elections - ScottFromWyoming - Oct 31, 2020 - 4:04am
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Oct 30, 2020 - 8:59pm
 
Things You Thought Today - Manbird - Oct 30, 2020 - 7:48pm
 
Trump Lies - Manbird - Oct 30, 2020 - 7:45pm
 
COVID-19 - Manbird - Oct 30, 2020 - 6:57pm
 
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group - Manbird - Oct 30, 2020 - 6:47pm
 
Outstanding Covers - ptooey - Oct 30, 2020 - 5:40pm
 
Joe Biden - R_P - Oct 30, 2020 - 3:32pm
 
Trump - Steely_D - Oct 30, 2020 - 2:55pm
 
Radio Paradise Comments - GeneP59 - Oct 30, 2020 - 1:28pm
 
KarmaKarma Sweepstakes - kcar - Oct 30, 2020 - 1:27pm
 
Things that piss me off - Isabeau - Oct 30, 2020 - 12:47pm
 
Name My Band - Isabeau - Oct 30, 2020 - 12:45pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Oct 30, 2020 - 9:52am
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - Ohmsen - Oct 30, 2020 - 8:36am
 
What the hell OV? - oldviolin - Oct 30, 2020 - 7:28am
 
Happy Halloween Yall! - sirdroseph - Oct 30, 2020 - 7:21am
 
codec - Ohmsen - Oct 30, 2020 - 6:04am
 
Lyrics that strike a chord today... - sirdroseph - Oct 30, 2020 - 5:39am
 
Message To Lucky - miamizsun - Oct 30, 2020 - 4:30am
 
The Dragon's Roots - miamizsun - Oct 30, 2020 - 4:24am
 
Media Bias - miamizsun - Oct 30, 2020 - 3:56am
 
Automotive Lust - R_P - Oct 29, 2020 - 9:10pm
 
Have you planned your Halloween costume yet?? - miamizsun - Oct 29, 2020 - 6:34pm
 
Canada - haresfur - Oct 29, 2020 - 3:41pm
 
Two questions. That's it. I promise. - kcar - Oct 29, 2020 - 3:39pm
 
Supreme Court: Who's Next? - R_P - Oct 29, 2020 - 3:05pm
 
Questions. - pigtail - Oct 29, 2020 - 10:49am
 
Photos you have taken of your walks or hikes. - Antigone - Oct 29, 2020 - 6:05am
 
NEED A COMPUTER GEEK! - miamizsun - Oct 29, 2020 - 4:20am
 
Can't sleep - westslope - Oct 28, 2020 - 10:07pm
 
The Obituary Page - ScottN - Oct 28, 2020 - 9:49pm
 
Add a "Modern mix" - darrio - Oct 28, 2020 - 6:59pm
 
what the hell, miamizsun? - oldviolin - Oct 28, 2020 - 6:10pm
 
Today in History - miamizsun - Oct 28, 2020 - 4:27pm
 
HALF A WORLD - oldviolin - Oct 28, 2020 - 8:53am
 
TWO WORDS - rgio - Oct 28, 2020 - 6:57am
 
Baseball, anyone? - miamizsun - Oct 28, 2020 - 4:31am
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Oct 27, 2020 - 7:21pm
 
how do you feel right now? - kurtster - Oct 27, 2020 - 6:23pm
 
VTuner drop Radio Paradise’s main mix? - BillG - Oct 27, 2020 - 3:56pm
 
Environment - Ohmsen - Oct 27, 2020 - 2:39pm
 
Recommended documentaries - Ohmsen - Oct 27, 2020 - 2:33pm
 
Republican Party - Steely_D - Oct 27, 2020 - 1:28pm
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - oldviolin - Oct 27, 2020 - 11:45am
 
Great guitar faces - GINRUSH - Oct 27, 2020 - 11:27am
 
david bromberg - Antigone - Oct 27, 2020 - 6:09am
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - R_P - Oct 26, 2020 - 7:27pm
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - Oct 26, 2020 - 4:59pm
 
::odd but intriguing:: - miamizsun - Oct 26, 2020 - 4:42pm
 
New Zealand - R_P - Oct 26, 2020 - 3:09pm
 
Favorite Quotes - westslope - Oct 26, 2020 - 2:04pm
 
Films you're excited about. - oldviolin - Oct 25, 2020 - 7:06pm
 
Rock Movies/Documentaries - KurtfromLaQuinta - Oct 25, 2020 - 6:29pm
 
Philosophy (Meaty Metaphysical Munchables!) - oldviolin - Oct 25, 2020 - 3:02pm
 
Quick! I need a chicken... - oldviolin - Oct 25, 2020 - 2:54pm
 
How's the weather? - haresfur - Oct 25, 2020 - 2:25pm
 
What's that smell? - Antigone - Oct 25, 2020 - 9:49am
 
De onde você ouve a Radio Paradise? Cidade/Local no Brasil - crishtiane - Oct 24, 2020 - 10:33pm
 
RPeeps I miss. - KurtfromLaQuinta - Oct 24, 2020 - 9:51pm
 
RightWingNutZ - R_P - Oct 24, 2020 - 5:01pm
 
The Dragons' Roost - Red_Dragon - Oct 24, 2020 - 3:53pm
 
More reggae, less Marley please - Ohmsen - Oct 24, 2020 - 10:22am
 
What The Hell Buddy? - oldviolin - Oct 24, 2020 - 10:17am
 
Lyrics That Remind You of Someone - oldviolin - Oct 24, 2020 - 10:10am
 
Dialing 1-800-Manbird - oldviolin - Oct 24, 2020 - 10:09am
 
Music Videos - Ohmsen - Oct 24, 2020 - 9:50am
 
Ambient Music - Ohmsen - Oct 24, 2020 - 9:41am
 
Live Music - Ohmsen - Oct 24, 2020 - 9:11am
 
The 1960s - Ohmsen - Oct 24, 2020 - 9:03am
 
The war on funk is over! - Ohmsen - Oct 24, 2020 - 8:57am
 
Play the Blues - Ohmsen - Oct 24, 2020 - 8:56am
 
Prog Rockers Anonymous - Ohmsen - Oct 24, 2020 - 7:40am
 
Index » Regional/Local » USA/Canada » illegal immigrants Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Post to this Topic
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 18, 2019 - 9:43am

"ICE took away my client's prosthetic leg and arm. They kept his leg for five months. They still haven't given back his prosthetic arm, and now they're going to deport him tomorrow without. They've never explained why. His asylum appeal is still pending. This is human cruelty."
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 14, 2019 - 2:56pm


R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 13, 2019 - 4:19pm

 kurtster wrote:
Don't know what this has to do with illegal immigrants.

I'm giving you an opportunity to stereotype some more...
Tunnels are ancient technology
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: drifting
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 13, 2019 - 4:03pm

 R_P wrote: 
This has been going on since Viet Nam during the 60's moving forward.  Loved those Thai sticks.  Profiteering, smuggling drugs, looted treasure and art, etc. as old as anything else in this world.  Doesn't make it right or good, just is what it is.  Catch them and deal with them. 

Now this is where you call me out for whataboutism, right ?

Don't know what this has to do with illegal immigrants.  Just like I have never heard about or know what an incel is and what it has to do with illegal immigration, nor mass murderers.



R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 13, 2019 - 1:40pm

Bad hombres
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 12, 2019 - 12:46pm


Trump needs adamantium...

aflanigan

aflanigan Avatar

Location: At Sea
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 11, 2019 - 12:19pm



 BillG wrote:

I do believe that there are jets that need cooling here. 
 

I do believe that Riff would agree with you.

oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 11, 2019 - 11:59am



 BillG wrote:
Hmmm...  what's that smell? Hot kerosene?

I do believe that there are jets that need cooling here. 
 

I think its possibly the ghost peppers...wait...sorry
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 11, 2019 - 11:51am


BillG

BillG Avatar

Location: Left Coast
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 11:11am

Hmmm...  what's that smell? Hot kerosene?

I do believe that there are jets that need cooling here. 
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 11:08am

 islander wrote:
 Every single murderer was born. If we are to save lives, we need to preemptively abort every pregnancy. It's for your own good.
 
Compulsory sterilization/castration: the only way to keep everyone safe!
islander

islander Avatar

Location: Seattle
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 10:58am



 steeler wrote:
The flawed logic: The proposition is that anytime an illegal migrant commits a violent crime that stands as support for the position that there is a crisis at our border with Mexico requiring emergency measures to keep illegal migrants from crossing the border into the United States. The logic is that if the illegal migrant who committed the violent crime had not entered illegally across that border the crime would not have happened. True enough,; it indeed, has initial appeal. But think about the underlying logic and where it takes us. For example, if a person who has gained entry to the U.S. through legal migration commits a violent crime, one could maintain that the crime would not have happened if that person had not been permitted to enter the country. Is that a good argument for curtailing legal immigration? Take it out of the immigration context. A person serving time in prison is released on parole and then commits a violent crime. Is that a good argument for curtailing parole or otherwise releasing prisoners? A person who has been arrested and charged with a crime is released on bail pending trial and commits a violent crime while out on bail. Is that a good argument for curtailing release on bail? You get the idea. This is not to say that I am in favor of allowing persons to enter the country illegally – or to stay illegally after the expiration of a visa. However, the reality is that some number always will do so. And if one of those commits a violent crime while here, does that mean we have a crisis because that life somehow could have been spared if we had only (1) built a segment of a wall on some portion of the border with Mexico; (2) stationed more military at various points of the border and made guarding it part of their mission: (3) something else? There always will be a point of diminishing returns. That is not to say that I do not value each American life. Nor am I necessarily opposed to increased border security. I am opposed to unnecessarily demonizing groups of people because that likely will lead to more senseless acts of violence being committed, not fewer.

 

Every single murderer was born. If we are to save lives, we need to preemptively abort every pregnancy. It's for your own good.
steeler

steeler Avatar

Location: Perched on the precipice of the cauldron of truth


Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 10:45am

The flawed logic: The proposition is that anytime an illegal migrant commits a violent crime that stands as support for the position that there is a crisis at our border with Mexico requiring emergency measures to keep illegal migrants from crossing the border into the United States. The logic is that if the illegal migrant who committed the violent crime had not entered illegally across that border the crime would not have happened. True enough,; it indeed, has initial appeal. But think about the underlying logic and where it takes us. For example, if a person who has gained entry to the U.S. through legal migration commits a violent crime, one could maintain that the crime would not have happened if that person had not been permitted to enter the country. Is that a good argument for curtailing legal immigration? Take it out of the immigration context. A person serving time in prison is released on parole and then commits a violent crime. Is that a good argument for curtailing parole or otherwise releasing prisoners? A person who has been arrested and charged with a crime is released on bail pending trial and commits a violent crime while out on bail. Is that a good argument for curtailing release on bail? You get the idea. This is not to say that I am in favor of allowing persons to enter the country illegally – or to stay illegally after the expiration of a visa. However, the reality is that some number always will do so. And if one of those commits a violent crime while here, does that mean we have a crisis because that life somehow could have been spared if we had only (1) built a segment of a wall on some portion of the border with Mexico; (2) stationed more military at various points of the border and made guarding it part of their mission: (3) something else? There always will be a point of diminishing returns. That is not to say that I do not value each American life. Nor am I necessarily opposed to increased border security. I am opposed to unnecessarily demonizing groups of people and stoking fear because that likely will lead to more senseless acts of violence being committed, not fewer.

islander

islander Avatar

Location: Seattle
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 10:28am



 kurtster wrote:

Hey, F U ...   Call me names ....    You do your homework.  lazy a$$ ...  

.
Roughly 5 million people left California in the last decade. See where they went.

An unprecedented number of Californians left for other states during the last decade, according to new tax return data from the Internal Revenue Service.

About 5 million Californians left between 2004 and 2013. Roughly 3.9 million people came here from other states during that period, for a net population loss of more than 1 million people.


California Losing Residents Via Domestic Migration

For many years, more people have been leaving California for other states than have been moving here. According to data from the American Community Survey, from 2007 to 2016, about 5 million people moved to California from other states, while about 6 million left California. On net, the state lost 1 million residents to domestic migration—about 2.5 percent of its total population. 



 

You are referring only to net domestic migration. That's a pretty narrow selection set to make your point.  Yes the population growth is slowing (bound to happen when you have 40 million people), but you are completely ignoring births and international migration. So it's hardly a holistic look.

Also interesting to note, that most people moving out are lower income and less educated, while a lot of those moving in are higher income and more educated. What would you make of that trend?

So once again, you are cherry picking info that suits a very specific argument that is frequently parroted across right wing media. So yeah, go do your homework. Spend a few seconds googling and put together a complete picture of what's going on.  A lot of people are moving out because they can't afford the admittedly high taxed and expenses of the state. But a lot of people are moving in as well, both high income and international migration. If California is such an awful place, why are so many people moving to America from the rest of the world choosing to settle in CA?

Isabeau

Isabeau Avatar

Location: sou' tex
Gender: Female


Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 7:46am



 aflanigan wrote:


 Isabeau wrote:


So you personally know that all of those individuals were mentally ill. Nothing else wrong that compelled them to kill innocent people? YOU know that definitively?
"...While most mass shooters in the past 35 years have not been found to have a serious mental illness, nearly all of them do have one thing in common: their sex. 
 

The other common thread with mass shooters seems to be a history of anger/an artificially adopted sense of victimhood (hello? White privilege?), a frustrated sense of entitlement.

Not hard to imagine who such a person might be most likely to vote for.
 

...And histories of Domestic Abuse. There does seem to be a thread amongst Trump followers to despise women. 

Wikipedia: At least four mass murders, resulting in 45 deaths, have been committed in North America by people who have either self-identified as incels or who had mentioned incel-related names and writings in their private writings or Internet postings. Incel communities have been criticized by the media and researchers for being misogynistic, encouraging violence, as well as spreading extremist views and radicalizing their members.
aflanigan

aflanigan Avatar

Location: At Sea
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 7:39am



 Isabeau wrote:


So you personally know that all of those individuals were mentally ill. Nothing else wrong that compelled them to kill innocent people? YOU know that definitively?
"...While most mass shooters in the past 35 years have not been found to have a serious mental illness, nearly all of them do have one thing in common: their sex. 
 

The other common thread with mass shooters seems to be a history of anger/an artificially adopted sense of victimhood (hello? White privilege?), a frustrated sense of entitlement.

Not hard to imagine who such a person might be most likely to vote for.

The irony of the demands for "WALL" by the same subset of voters suggests an ongoing, if unintentional, attempt at political misdirection regarding who is perhaps the real danger to society.
Isabeau

Isabeau Avatar

Location: sou' tex
Gender: Female


Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 7:08am



 kurtster wrote:

Your list is comprised of mentally ill people who acted out.  What is your point ?  Are you saying that the mentally ill are the real terrorists ?
 

So you personally know that all of those individuals were mentally ill. Nothing else wrong that compelled them to kill innocent people? YOU know that definitively?
"...While most mass shooters in the past 35 years have not been found to have a serious mental illness, nearly all of them do have one thing in common: their sex. Of the 96 mass shootings committed since 1982, all but two were committed by men. (Most of them were white.)Men don’t just constitute almost all mass shooters in recent history; they are also responsible for the vast majority of gun-associated deaths in the country. Men own guns at triple the rate of women in the U.S., at 62 percent compared to 22 percent." - Politico January 2018

Further, according to Politico, as a white American female there is a higher statistical probability that I could be shot, assaulted or killed by a domestic terrorist (a white supremacist, misogynist or religious zealot)  than by an illegal immigrant. 

Speaking of mentally ill, the mentally ill compulsive liar in the WH has proven to be the biggest terrorist of all.
Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 6:21am

 kurtster wrote:

I read all of the fact checking articles on his speech.  No one contested the 4,000 dead.  They are dead, their deaths were not manufactured by Trump.  They are dead and not coming back.  People who were here illegally killed them.  That makes their deaths preventable.  More preventable than all the other deaths mentioned by you and others in an attempt to make illegal immigration seem ok and harmless.

How many have to die before you see a problem going on ?  What is your number ?
  
You've apparently misinterpreted Trump's statement.  The "4,000" number reflects (administrative) arrests made by ICE, of previously convicted or charged aliens attempting to cross the border or remain in the country; not for violent killings committed once they've entered the US
"In the last two years, ICE officers made 266,000 arrests of aliens with criminal records, including those charged or convicted of 100,000 assaults, 30,000 sex crimes, and 4,000 violent killings."
   Thereby, it's unlikely that any of those 266,000 people were allowed access to the US.  Unless related to their illegal entry/presence in the US, ICE generally does not arrest people for other crimes committed while in the US (especially homicide), that is ordinarily done by local law enforcement.
  As to your closing question: the same can be asked by those in favor of stricter gun control.

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 5:43am

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 
Saw that and it is hilarious. Of course it is totally out of context and has no meaning other than a funny as Hell coincidence of verbage, but silly humor means more to me than politics anyway so I think its great. {#Lol}


kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: drifting
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 10, 2019 - 5:30am

 islander wrote:


 kurtster wrote:

Nearly every case I have seen mentioned are not by people who overstayed visas.  They are people who have been deported multiple times and mostly came across the southern border. 

Maybe I should start posting obits of all these people in this thread.

Oh and you were talking about a real estate salesman earlier ?  IIRC you've been talking about moving out of California.  I would suggest that you expedite that plan.  With your new governor and his sanctuary stuff and all that you might want to put your house up for sale while there are still buyers.  1 million people net have left California in that past decade.  The people who could afford your house are leaving in droves.  Being from there, a lot of people I know who I grew up with have had it and are making their plans to boogie, pronto.
 

Seriously man. 7 seconds  and the second (first one didn't have an obvious pretty picture) link on google:  

Do you ever fact check the tripe you swallow whole? Or are you just conditioned to spout random bullshit because it seems to be working for trump?

 
Hey, F U ...   Call me names ....    You do your homework.  lazy a$$ ...  

.
Roughly 5 million people left California in the last decade. See where they went.

An unprecedented number of Californians left for other states during the last decade, according to new tax return data from the Internal Revenue Service.

About 5 million Californians left between 2004 and 2013. Roughly 3.9 million people came here from other states during that period, for a net population loss of more than 1 million people.


California Losing Residents Via Domestic Migration

For many years, more people have been leaving California for other states than have been moving here. According to data from the American Community Survey, from 2007 to 2016, about 5 million people moved to California from other states, while about 6 million left California. On net, the state lost 1 million residents to domestic migration—about 2.5 percent of its total population. 



Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 101, 102, 103  Next