[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Radio Paradise Comments - pigtail - Sep 23, 2020 - 9:06am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - ScottFromWyoming - Sep 23, 2020 - 8:22am
 
WikiLeaks - Ohmsen - Sep 23, 2020 - 7:58am
 
Favorite Quotes - Coaxial - Sep 23, 2020 - 7:39am
 
COVID-19 - black321 - Sep 23, 2020 - 7:29am
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - oldviolin - Sep 23, 2020 - 7:20am
 
Trump - Red_Dragon - Sep 23, 2020 - 5:20am
 
Counting with Pictures - yuel - Sep 23, 2020 - 12:18am
 
Race in America - R_P - Sep 23, 2020 - 12:06am
 
The American Dream - kcar - Sep 22, 2020 - 11:49pm
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - gtufano - Sep 22, 2020 - 11:28pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - GeneP59 - Sep 22, 2020 - 10:07pm
 
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group - GeneP59 - Sep 22, 2020 - 9:59pm
 
Australia has Disappeared - haresfur - Sep 22, 2020 - 9:16pm
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - Sep 22, 2020 - 8:57pm
 
Evolution! - R_P - Sep 22, 2020 - 8:50pm
 
*** PUNS *** ASTRONOMY - oldviolin - Sep 22, 2020 - 8:43pm
 
Supreme Court: Who's Next? - kurtster - Sep 22, 2020 - 8:23pm
 
Name My Band - Antigone - Sep 22, 2020 - 4:04pm
 
Trump Lies - R_P - Sep 22, 2020 - 2:45pm
 
how do you feel right now? - miamizsun - Sep 22, 2020 - 2:14pm
 
Brazil - R_P - Sep 22, 2020 - 1:57pm
 
Quotes: Your Favorite Comedians - miamizsun - Sep 22, 2020 - 1:39pm
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - VV - Sep 22, 2020 - 12:35pm
 
Looting & vandalism isn't protest - R_P - Sep 22, 2020 - 10:12am
 
2020 Elections - miamizsun - Sep 22, 2020 - 9:10am
 
RP Daily Trivia Challenge - KurtfromLaQuinta - Sep 22, 2020 - 7:49am
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Sep 21, 2020 - 9:29pm
 
Things I'd LIKE to find at my house. - Antigone - Sep 21, 2020 - 5:31pm
 
Lyrics that strike a chord today... - Steely_D - Sep 21, 2020 - 5:13pm
 
RP Main Mix on TuneIn unavailable? - DianaLipka - Sep 21, 2020 - 9:56am
 
Best Song Comments. - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Sep 21, 2020 - 5:37am
 
Trolls at RP - Steely_D - Sep 20, 2020 - 4:41pm
 
Facebook Tips - Ohmsen - Sep 20, 2020 - 2:37pm
 
American Justice - miamizsun - Sep 20, 2020 - 1:08pm
 
Climate Change - R_P - Sep 20, 2020 - 12:34pm
 
Environment - R_P - Sep 20, 2020 - 9:56am
 
The Obituary Page - R_P - Sep 20, 2020 - 9:35am
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - oldviolin - Sep 20, 2020 - 9:16am
 
Lyrics That Remind You of Someone - oldviolin - Sep 20, 2020 - 9:15am
 
Is there any DOG news out there? - sirdroseph - Sep 20, 2020 - 7:29am
 
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix - miamizsun - Sep 20, 2020 - 6:46am
 
Republican Party - sirdroseph - Sep 20, 2020 - 6:14am
 
FLAC Streaming - gsbaronnier - Sep 20, 2020 - 3:24am
 
Anti-War - R_P - Sep 19, 2020 - 4:57pm
 
How's the weather? - Antigone - Sep 19, 2020 - 3:48pm
 
Immigration - R_P - Sep 19, 2020 - 2:17pm
 
TV shows you watch - KurtfromLaQuinta - Sep 19, 2020 - 12:57pm
 
China - R_P - Sep 19, 2020 - 11:07am
 
Thank you, Bug. - miamizsun - Sep 19, 2020 - 6:53am
 
Things You Thought Today - Antigone - Sep 19, 2020 - 6:04am
 
Canada - R_P - Sep 18, 2020 - 7:37pm
 
Tech & Science - R_P - Sep 18, 2020 - 6:20pm
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - miamizsun - Sep 18, 2020 - 1:59pm
 
Bad Poetry - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2020 - 11:05am
 
Private messages in a public forum - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2020 - 10:21am
 
honk if you think manbird and OV are one and the same ent... - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2020 - 10:14am
 
Buddy's Haven - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2020 - 9:14am
 
What The Hell Buddy? - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2020 - 8:10am
 
Drop the Puck! NHL Lockout Ends! - black321 - Sep 18, 2020 - 6:06am
 
Today in History - Ohmsen - Sep 18, 2020 - 5:26am
 
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing - oldviolin - Sep 17, 2020 - 9:04pm
 
Signs o' the Apocalypse in the news... - Steely_D - Sep 17, 2020 - 6:57pm
 
Soliciting ideas to bring about a more humane world - miamizsun - Sep 17, 2020 - 5:06pm
 
Rock Movies/Documentaries - Steely_D - Sep 17, 2020 - 1:39pm
 
HALF A WORLD - oldviolin - Sep 17, 2020 - 11:57am
 
What are you listening to now? - oldviolin - Sep 17, 2020 - 11:53am
 
Live Music - oldviolin - Sep 17, 2020 - 11:49am
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Sep 17, 2020 - 11:43am
 
Women in the World - miamizsun - Sep 17, 2020 - 11:02am
 
More Stuff Schlabby Doesn't Do - oldviolin - Sep 17, 2020 - 9:57am
 
Nina Simone... - Proclivities - Sep 17, 2020 - 8:42am
 
Brass Against? - jamesat43 - Sep 17, 2020 - 8:13am
 
Helpful emergency signs - Proclivities - Sep 17, 2020 - 7:38am
 
Breaking Bad - sirdroseph - Sep 17, 2020 - 5:55am
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » COVID-19 Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 143, 144, 145  Next
Post to this Topic
Isabeau

Isabeau Avatar

Location: sou' tex
Gender: Female


Posted: Mar 8, 2020 - 8:57am



 sirdroseph wrote:
Politicizing a virus.  If you do not like Trump,  why would you want to be like him?  Why do people become what they despise?

 
To be like Trump or not to be. That's not the question.
The appropriate question would be why you support someone who does politicize a virus?

One finger pointing outward leaves four backatcha. 

ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 8, 2020 - 6:02am



 sirdroseph wrote:
Politicizing a virus.  If you do not like Trump,  why would you want to be like him?  Why do people become what they despise?

 

I'm lost. What's this about?
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 8, 2020 - 5:20am

Politicizing a virus.  If you do not like Trump,  why would you want to be like him?  Why do people become what they despise?
haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 7, 2020 - 11:01pm



 R_P wrote:

 

Fake news!
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Mar 7, 2020 - 10:26pm


R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Mar 7, 2020 - 3:39pm

In a cult there is only one source of authority...
steeler

steeler Avatar

Location: Perched on the precipice of the cauldron of truth


Posted: Mar 7, 2020 - 3:22pm



 haresfur wrote:


 gmichaelt wrote:
Does anyone in this forum actually know anyone who has come down with the current unmentionable something happening to some unnamed someone's in some places all over everywhere that are being reported breathlessly, with a dry cough, and so on?

Seriously, when it comes down to it, the public discourse on just this one topic is based almost entirely on non-verifiable/verified information from 'authoritative' sources. Have you got a link to any research, by a member of the public, who has tracked down any report, in any medium, to a warm (or even cooling) body? Until you have even one such report, everything you hear, read, view is second-hand, taken on trust and faith. Do you think it a good idea to be in, and to remain in, such a dependant relationship?
 
What is reality, man?

 


ScottN

ScottN Avatar

Location: Half inch above the K/T boundary
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 7, 2020 - 3:03pm

 gmichaelt wrote:
Does anyone in this forum actually know anyone who has come down with the current unmentionable something happening to some unnamed someone's in some places all over everywhere that are being reported breathlessly, with a dry cough, and so on?

Seriously, when it comes down to it, the public discourse on just this one topic is based almost entirely on non-verifiable/verified information from 'authoritative' sources. Have you got a link to any research, by a member of the public, who has tracked down any report, in any medium, to a warm (or even cooling) body? Until you have even one such report, everything you hear, read, view is second-hand, taken on trust and faith. Do you think it a good idea to be in, and to remain in, such a dependant relationship?
 
Take a trip to Wuhan, or Seattle.
haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 7, 2020 - 1:57pm



 gmichaelt wrote:
Does anyone in this forum actually know anyone who has come down with the current unmentionable something happening to some unnamed someone's in some places all over everywhere that are being reported breathlessly, with a dry cough, and so on?

Seriously, when it comes down to it, the public discourse on just this one topic is based almost entirely on non-verifiable/verified information from 'authoritative' sources. Have you got a link to any research, by a member of the public, who has tracked down any report, in any medium, to a warm (or even cooling) body? Until you have even one such report, everything you hear, read, view is second-hand, taken on trust and faith. Do you think it a good idea to be in, and to remain in, such a dependant relationship?
 
What is reality, man?

gmichaelt

gmichaelt Avatar

Location: 45° 28' N / 73° 36' W


Posted: Mar 7, 2020 - 1:47pm

Does anyone in this forum actually know anyone who has come down with the current unmentionable something happening to some unnamed someone's in some places all over everywhere that are being reported breathlessly, with a dry cough, and so on?

Seriously, when it comes down to it, the public discourse on just this one topic is based almost entirely on non-verifiable/verified information from 'authoritative' sources. Have you got a link to any research, by a member of the public, who has tracked down any report, in any medium, to a warm (or even cooling) body? Until you have even one such report, everything you hear, read, view is second-hand, taken on trust and faith. Do you think it a good idea to be in, and to remain in, such a dependant relationship?
Ohmsen

Ohmsen Avatar

Location: Valhalla
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 7, 2020 - 10:18am

Discussions from inside a Cruise Ship off San Francisco (Grand Princess)...
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 7, 2020 - 8:10am

a really good site for cv info among other things

great place for a bookmark too
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 7, 2020 - 8:07am



 R_P wrote:
 

thx  dnldng nw
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 7, 2020 - 1:04am



 kcar wrote:

Well party on, Garth. Just don't get hog-tied in Gitmo.
  
 
 
I have no idea what this is about but your past experience may not reflect my future results. 

BlueHeronDruid

BlueHeronDruid Avatar

Location: planting flowers


Posted: Mar 7, 2020 - 12:04am



 BlueHeronDruid wrote:


 JrzyTmata wrote:
we have our first confirmed case in South Jersey in the next town over.
 
Wild rumors around here. The local long-term care facility (also a Life Care affiliate) is testing anyone who comes inside. There's a sign on the door about it. Everybody NOW thinks it's an outbreak. (It isn't.) Our little hospital is quite good, but only has 15 beds.


 

One confirmed case in our little burg officially tonight. So far. Took a while.
kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Mar 6, 2020 - 10:35pm



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
There's a conference in New Orleans that Justine was being sent to, and due to a motherfucker named Karma that teases me like a cat with yarn, I was going to get to tag along for essentially nothing. Justine had an emergency flight at Christmas to Omaha to be with her mom who had emergency surgery oh god this long-story-short crap isn't working out but anyway she got her mom sprung from the hospital and onto a plane home to California, went to the airport herself and was bumped, so Delta gave her a credit which we sort of thought was Karma being nice because Justine had been so nice and she and Augusta were in fuckin' Iowa over Christmas cleaning out an old lady's home that was horrible instead of being here and skiing and opening gifts etc but yeah in the end she was rewarded, sort of.. Well she had this conference in New Orleans that was paid for, so we used the credit to buy me a GODDAM NONREFUNDABLE MOTHERFUCKING TICKET to New Orleans and now the convention is cancelled so maybe I can go by myself? Or buy Justine a ticket and we'll sleep on benches or something but fuckityfuckityfuckity.
 

Delta came through with a $900+ credit! 
 

Well party on, Garth. Just don't get hog-tied in Gitmo. 
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 6, 2020 - 8:07pm



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
There's a conference in New Orleans that Justine was being sent to, and due to a motherfucker named Karma that teases me like a cat with yarn, I was going to get to tag along for essentially nothing. Justine had an emergency flight at Christmas to Omaha to be with her mom who had emergency surgery oh god this long-story-short crap isn't working out but anyway she got her mom sprung from the hospital and onto a plane home to California, went to the airport herself and was bumped, so Delta gave her a credit which we sort of thought was Karma being nice because Justine had been so nice and she and Augusta were in fuckin' Iowa over Christmas cleaning out an old lady's home that was horrible instead of being here and skiing and opening gifts etc but yeah in the end she was rewarded, sort of.. Well she had this conference in New Orleans that was paid for, so we used the credit to buy me a GODDAM NONREFUNDABLE MOTHERFUCKING TICKET to New Orleans and now the convention is cancelled so maybe I can go by myself? Or buy Justine a ticket and we'll sleep on benches or something but fuckityfuckityfuckity.
 

Delta came through with a $900+ credit! 
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 6, 2020 - 6:37pm

 R_P wro 
:mrgreen:
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Mar 6, 2020 - 5:33pm

South by Southwest Is Canceled as Coronavirus Fears Scuttle Festival





But
BlueHeronDruid

BlueHeronDruid Avatar

Location: planting flowers


Posted: Mar 6, 2020 - 5:05pm



 JrzyTmata wrote:
we have our first confirmed case in South Jersey in the next town over.
 
Wild rumors around here. The local long-term care facility (also a Life Care affiliate) is testing anyone who comes inside. There's a sign on the door about it. Everybody NOW thinks it's an outbreak. (It isn't.) Our little hospital is quite good, but only has 15 beds.

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 143, 144, 145  Next