[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

COVID-19 - Red_Dragon - Jan 22, 2022 - 6:06pm
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Jan 22, 2022 - 5:40pm
 
Wordle - daily game - oldviolin - Jan 22, 2022 - 5:22pm
 
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests - oldviolin - Jan 22, 2022 - 4:56pm
 
The Dragons' Roost - triskele - Jan 22, 2022 - 3:33pm
 
The Dragon's Roots - triskele - Jan 22, 2022 - 3:30pm
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - GeneP59 - Jan 22, 2022 - 2:10pm
 
Lyrics that are stuck in your head today... - Manbird - Jan 22, 2022 - 1:46pm
 
Trump - westslope - Jan 22, 2022 - 1:18pm
 
Bitcoin - westslope - Jan 22, 2022 - 1:10pm
 
A motivational quote - GeneP59 - Jan 22, 2022 - 11:40am
 
What are you doing RIGHT NOW? - GeneP59 - Jan 22, 2022 - 11:15am
 
The Obituary Page - GeneP59 - Jan 22, 2022 - 10:54am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - GeneP59 - Jan 22, 2022 - 10:45am
 
Make Scott laugh - Manbird - Jan 22, 2022 - 10:07am
 
ptooey Must Go! - islander - Jan 22, 2022 - 7:59am
 
New Music - miamizsun - Jan 22, 2022 - 7:48am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - Lazy8 - Jan 21, 2022 - 11:33pm
 
• • • What Makes You Happy? • • •  - oldviolin - Jan 21, 2022 - 10:42pm
 
Kids say the funniest things - oldviolin - Jan 21, 2022 - 9:42pm
 
Star Trek - Manbird - Jan 21, 2022 - 8:46pm
 
What are you listening to now? - haresfur - Jan 21, 2022 - 7:15pm
 
Thank You Radio Paradise. - Manbird - Jan 21, 2022 - 6:14pm
 
DQ (as in 'Daily Quote') - Manbird - Jan 21, 2022 - 4:21pm
 
RightWingNutZ - westslope - Jan 21, 2022 - 4:21pm
 
Things You Thought Today - Antigone - Jan 21, 2022 - 4:14pm
 
Joe Biden - westslope - Jan 21, 2022 - 3:26pm
 
Coffee - Manbird - Jan 21, 2022 - 2:31pm
 
Graphic designers, ho's! - Manbird - Jan 21, 2022 - 12:22pm
 
Won’t support you until - dssage - Jan 21, 2022 - 12:08pm
 
Counting with Pictures - yuel - Jan 21, 2022 - 6:38am
 
Election Predictions - miamizsun - Jan 21, 2022 - 6:20am
 
Florida - miamizsun - Jan 21, 2022 - 6:09am
 
how do you feel right now? - kurtster - Jan 20, 2022 - 10:50pm
 
What Makes You Sad? - Manbird - Jan 20, 2022 - 9:14pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - Proclivities - Jan 20, 2022 - 1:54pm
 
let it spin!! - oldviolin - Jan 20, 2022 - 11:41am
 
What is the meaning of this? - oldviolin - Jan 20, 2022 - 11:32am
 
Advice? - black321 - Jan 20, 2022 - 11:29am
 
Race in America - R_P - Jan 20, 2022 - 10:45am
 
2020 Elections - Red_Dragon - Jan 20, 2022 - 10:26am
 
Germany - Ohmsen - Jan 20, 2022 - 9:38am
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - Ohmsen - Jan 20, 2022 - 9:09am
 
Comics! - Proclivities - Jan 20, 2022 - 7:09am
 
TEXAS - Red_Dragon - Jan 20, 2022 - 7:09am
 
Geeky Jokes - nu11 - Jan 20, 2022 - 6:58am
 
Anti-War - Ohmsen - Jan 20, 2022 - 5:41am
 
Afghanistan - Ohmsen - Jan 20, 2022 - 5:19am
 
Environmental, Brilliance or Stupidity - Ohmsen - Jan 20, 2022 - 5:08am
 
Name My Band - Ohmsen - Jan 20, 2022 - 5:00am
 
Russia - Ohmsen - Jan 20, 2022 - 4:19am
 
DMC World DJ Championships - Ohmsen - Jan 20, 2022 - 4:11am
 
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group - miamizsun - Jan 20, 2022 - 3:38am
 
Favorite Quotes - black321 - Jan 19, 2022 - 1:09pm
 
What Makes You Laugh? - ScottFromWyoming - Jan 19, 2022 - 12:50pm
 
Britain - haresfur - Jan 19, 2022 - 12:26pm
 
Trump Lies™ - R_P - Jan 19, 2022 - 11:52am
 
Bono has some explaining to do... - oldviolin - Jan 19, 2022 - 9:43am
 
A lot of 'obscure' repetition lately? - oldviolin - Jan 19, 2022 - 9:29am
 
• • • The Mandela Effect • • • - oldviolin - Jan 19, 2022 - 9:26am
 
Who is that guy? - oldviolin - Jan 19, 2022 - 8:25am
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - oldviolin - Jan 19, 2022 - 8:07am
 
What happened to Radio Paradise? - ScottN - Jan 18, 2022 - 4:10pm
 
If not RP, what are you listening to right now? - black321 - Jan 18, 2022 - 3:10pm
 
Beer - oldviolin - Jan 18, 2022 - 12:59pm
 
Pictures that are total crap - Manbird - Jan 18, 2022 - 12:44pm
 
Bowie fans, check this out - Ohmsen - Jan 18, 2022 - 10:10am
 
Floyd forum - Ohmsen - Jan 18, 2022 - 9:37am
 
Prog Rockers Anonymous - Ohmsen - Jan 18, 2022 - 9:32am
 
North Korea - Ohmsen - Jan 18, 2022 - 8:57am
 
How's the weather? - oldviolin - Jan 18, 2022 - 8:42am
 
Italy - Ohmsen - Jan 18, 2022 - 8:41am
 
Patrick Watson should play on RP - jsricher - Jan 18, 2022 - 8:39am
 
Food Democracy - miamizsun - Jan 18, 2022 - 4:16am
 
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi... - miamizsun - Jan 18, 2022 - 3:57am
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » Into the Future Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Post to this Topic
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 27, 2021 - 6:34am

Thank you, friendlys. Turns out she had love to spare and left it for us to use indiscriminately...
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 27, 2021 - 6:00am

 oldviolin wrote:
I love Her so.
 
a beautiful tribute/memory
Coaxial

Coaxial Avatar

Location: 543 miles west of Paradis,1491 miles eas
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 27, 2021 - 5:30am

 oldviolin wrote:
I'm sitting in the pew, as most Sunday mornings in my young life. Single digits; I hadn't begun to sneak out to the motel next door at that age,
hiding in a corner behind an RC Cola machine and sipping a sinful cold one.
No, I'm sitting in the pew with my siblings where She could keep an eye on us from the choir loft. Maybe I dozed. Maybe I took apart an ink pen and played with the parts, imagining space ships landing and taking off again on the hard polished runway made of oak or pecan. 
Maybe I read the hymnal or program or, gasp! the Bible; there in the book slot. Heck it could have been a toothpaste tube and I would try to read the ingredients.
But I digress.
The one thing to get my attention would be the music.
She was a singer. Dear God, had you blessed her. She had a rapturous voice and when She soloed the hair stood up on the back of my neck.
What a voice; silent now but for the memories locked in my heart. Carried out into space by the future.
She would be 86 today. I love Her so.

 
{#Hug}
Antigone

Antigone Avatar

Location: A house, in a Virginian Valley
Gender: Female


Posted: Oct 27, 2021 - 5:22am

 oldviolin wrote:

I'm sitting in the pew, as most Sunday mornings in my young life. Single digits; I hadn't begun to sneak out to the motel next door at that age,
hiding in a corner behind an RC Cola machine and sipping a sinful cold one.
No, I'm sitting in the pew with my siblings where She could keep an eye on us from the choir loft. Maybe I dozed. Maybe I took apart an ink pen and played with the parts, imagining space ships landing and taking off again on the hard polished runway made of oak or pecan. 
Maybe I read the hymnal or program or, gasp! the Bible; there in the book slot. Heck it could have been a toothpaste tube and I would try to read the ingredients.
But I digress.
The one thing to get my attention would be the music.
She was a singer. Dear God, had you blessed her. She had a rapturous voice and when She soloed the hair stood up on the back of my neck.
What a voice; silent now but for the memories locked in my heart. Carried out into space by the future.
She would be 86 today. I love Her so.




oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 26, 2021 - 6:52am

I'm sitting in the pew, as most Sunday mornings in my young life. Single digits; I hadn't begun to sneak out to the motel next door at that age,
hiding in a corner behind an RC Cola machine and sipping a sinful cold one.
No, I'm sitting in the pew with my siblings where She could keep an eye on us from the choir loft. Maybe I dozed. Maybe I took apart an ink pen and played with the parts, imagining space ships landing and taking off again on the hard polished runway made of oak or pecan. 
Maybe I read the hymnal or program or, gasp! the Bible; there in the book slot. Heck it could have been a toothpaste tube and I would try to read the ingredients.
But I digress.
The one thing to get my attention would be the music.
She was a singer. Dear God, had you blessed her. She had a rapturous voice and when She soloed the hair stood up on the back of my neck.
What a voice; silent now but for the memories locked in my heart. Carried out into space by the future.
She would be 86 today. I love Her so.

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 20, 2021 - 9:11am

miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Oct 6, 2021 - 3:59am

 Manbird wrote:
When I was a wee lad my Dad cut a hole in the wall and inserted our big black and white TV into it and framed it in nicely. There was a closet on the other side of the wall. Our set wasn't HD or even color but it looked pretty awesome and a little futuristic. Then at some point I heard my parents saying that the stations (I guess we got maybe 12 or 15 living near LA) were experimented with color broadcasting and I assumed that we would soon be receiving a color picture so I watched and watched every little speck, every scratchy line for a hint of color. Sometimes I could swear a saw a little color. I used to hallucinate a lot when I was little - for real.
 
this explains a lot! mystery solved!
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: May 28, 2021 - 9:59am

the long now foundation has some of the most interesting speakers on this planet


Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 20, 2021 - 4:44am


KurtfromLaQuinta

KurtfromLaQuinta Avatar

Location: Really deep in the heart of South California
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 9, 2021 - 11:08am



 sirdroseph wrote:


 


KurtfromLaQuinta

KurtfromLaQuinta Avatar

Location: Really deep in the heart of South California
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 9, 2021 - 11:00am



 Ohmsen wrote:


 Proclivities wrote:
We were robbed; they do have French fries and steak at least.

 

 
Here I am in the 21st century
I have to say it ain't as cool as I hoped it would be
No man on the moon, nobody on Mars
Where the hell is my flying car?
Ain't nothing even like a teletransporter so far


21st Century Blues  by Steve Earle
Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 9, 2021 - 9:46am

They forgot to invent color TV in this vision of the future - everything else looks pretty cool though:

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Not here, I tell you wat
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 9, 2021 - 6:56am

Ohmsen

Ohmsen Avatar

Location: Over the rainbow
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 7, 2021 - 1:28pm



 Proclivities wrote:
We were robbed; they do have French fries and steak at least.

 

KurtfromLaQuinta

KurtfromLaQuinta Avatar

Location: Really deep in the heart of South California
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 6, 2021 - 1:25pm



 geoff_morphini wrote:


 Manbird wrote:


 kcar wrote:


 BillG wrote:


 oldviolin wrote:




Also cinnamon buns, copius grapefruit and spaghetti squash. Not to mention the snow covered landscape,  the circus animal cages and the resurrection of Topo Gigio in digital format. 
I'm a bit curious about the kid in a skeleton costume though. 
 

I'm impressed by the HD color flatscreen TV. In 1956, TV was black & white, with 4:3 aspect ratios and big bulbous tubes. 

But they're grilling the grapefruit. That's just wrong.
 

"I'm impressed by the HD color flatscreen TV. In 1956, TV was black & white, with 4:3 aspect ratios and big bulbous tubes."



My parents got a 16" b/w Zenith TV around 1956. That was the only TV in our house until 1979—and none of that fancy outdoor antenna stuff, mind you. When my dad finally cracked and brought into the family room an inherited color TV , connected to an outdoor antenna, I felt like a North Korean defector brought into the modern world.

The Three Stooges! Star Trek! Bruins hockey! 

Then felt I like some watcher of the skies
When a new planet swims into his ken;
Or like stout Cortez when with eagle eyes
He stared at the Pacific—and all his men
Look'd at each other with a wild surmise—
Silent, upon a peak in Darien.

 

When I was a wee lad my Dad cut a hole in the wall and inserted our big black and white TV into it and framed it in nicely. There was a closet on the other side of the wall. Our set wasn't HD or even color but it looked pretty awesome and a little futuristic. Then at some point I heard my parents saying that the stations (I guess we got maybe 12 or 15 living near LA) were experimented with color broadcasting and I assumed that we would soon be receiving a color picture so I watched and watched every little speck, every scratchy line for a hint of color. Sometimes I could swear a saw a little color. I used to hallucinate a lot when I was little - for real. Eventually we got a new TV and enjoyed the occasional program in color.  My favourite was Walt Disney's Wonderful World Of Color.
 
and Bonanza!

 Indeed!


kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Mar 5, 2021 - 9:27pm



 Manbird wrote:


 kcar wrote:


 BillG wrote:


 oldviolin wrote:




Also cinnamon buns, copius grapefruit and spaghetti squash. Not to mention the snow covered landscape,  the circus animal cages and the resurrection of Topo Gigio in digital format. 
I'm a bit curious about the kid in a skeleton costume though. 
 

I'm impressed by the HD color flatscreen TV. In 1956, TV was black & white, with 4:3 aspect ratios and big bulbous tubes. 

But they're grilling the grapefruit. That's just wrong.
 

"I'm impressed by the HD color flatscreen TV. In 1956, TV was black & white, with 4:3 aspect ratios and big bulbous tubes."



My parents got a 16" b/w Zenith TV around 1956. That was the only TV in our house until 1979—and none of that fancy outdoor antenna stuff, mind you. When my dad finally cracked and brought into the family room an inherited color TV , connected to an outdoor antenna, I felt like a North Korean defector brought into the modern world.

The Three Stooges! Star Trek! Bruins hockey! 

Then felt I like some watcher of the skies
When a new planet swims into his ken;
Or like stout Cortez when with eagle eyes
He stared at the Pacific—and all his men
Look'd at each other with a wild surmise—
Silent, upon a peak in Darien.

 

When I was a wee lad my Dad cut a hole in the wall and inserted our big black and white TV into it and framed it in nicely. There was a closet on the other side of the wall. Our set wasn't HD or even color but it looked pretty awesome and a little futuristic. Then at some point I heard my parents saying that the stations (I guess we got maybe 12 or 15 living near LA) were experimented with color broadcasting and I assumed that we would soon be receiving a color picture so I watched and watched every little speck, every scratchy line for a hint of color. Sometimes I could swear a saw a little color. I used to hallucinate a lot when I was little - for real. Eventually we got a new TV and enjoyed the occasional program in color.  My favourite was Walt Disney's Wonderful World Of Color.


 


"...and I assumed that we would soon be receiving a color picture so I watched and watched every little speck, every scratchy line for a hint of color. Sometimes I could swear a saw a little color. I used to hallucinate a lot when I was little - for real."


I got suckered in a similar way. I was about four when "Flipper" came on and the announcer would say "In Living Color!" Almost every time I would get this surge of hope: were we going to get Living Color?!?!

I remember the Disney intro too. That was great. Wasn't Kurt Russell always starring in a Disney movie as a kid? Couldn't get away from him. 

I saw Batman the TV show later on as reruns. That show was MADE for color. The crazy sets and costumes. The cartoon-like characters and the zany "Pow" graphics. A shame it lasted for only three seasons. Adam West and Burt Ward swung pretty hard during their stardom...

Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 5, 2021 - 8:07pm



 Manbird wrote:
 

Batman!

in color


geoff_morphini

geoff_morphini Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 5, 2021 - 7:35pm



 Manbird wrote:


 kcar wrote:


 BillG wrote:


 oldviolin wrote:




Also cinnamon buns, copius grapefruit and spaghetti squash. Not to mention the snow covered landscape,  the circus animal cages and the resurrection of Topo Gigio in digital format. 
I'm a bit curious about the kid in a skeleton costume though. 
 

I'm impressed by the HD color flatscreen TV. In 1956, TV was black & white, with 4:3 aspect ratios and big bulbous tubes. 

But they're grilling the grapefruit. That's just wrong.
 

"I'm impressed by the HD color flatscreen TV. In 1956, TV was black & white, with 4:3 aspect ratios and big bulbous tubes."



My parents got a 16" b/w Zenith TV around 1956. That was the only TV in our house until 1979—and none of that fancy outdoor antenna stuff, mind you. When my dad finally cracked and brought into the family room an inherited color TV , connected to an outdoor antenna, I felt like a North Korean defector brought into the modern world.

The Three Stooges! Star Trek! Bruins hockey! 

Then felt I like some watcher of the skies
When a new planet swims into his ken;
Or like stout Cortez when with eagle eyes
He stared at the Pacific—and all his men
Look'd at each other with a wild surmise—
Silent, upon a peak in Darien.

 

When I was a wee lad my Dad cut a hole in the wall and inserted our big black and white TV into it and framed it in nicely. There was a closet on the other side of the wall. Our set wasn't HD or even color but it looked pretty awesome and a little futuristic. Then at some point I heard my parents saying that the stations (I guess we got maybe 12 or 15 living near LA) were experimented with color broadcasting and I assumed that we would soon be receiving a color picture so I watched and watched every little speck, every scratchy line for a hint of color. Sometimes I could swear a saw a little color. I used to hallucinate a lot when I was little - for real. Eventually we got a new TV and enjoyed the occasional program in color.  My favourite was Walt Disney's Wonderful World Of Color.
 
and Bonanza!

Manbird

Manbird Avatar

Location: Owl Creek Bridge
Gender: Male


Posted: Mar 5, 2021 - 7:29pm



 kcar wrote:


 BillG wrote:


 oldviolin wrote:




Also cinnamon buns, copius grapefruit and spaghetti squash. Not to mention the snow covered landscape,  the circus animal cages and the resurrection of Topo Gigio in digital format. 
I'm a bit curious about the kid in a skeleton costume though. 
 

I'm impressed by the HD color flatscreen TV. In 1956, TV was black & white, with 4:3 aspect ratios and big bulbous tubes. 

But they're grilling the grapefruit. That's just wrong.
 

"I'm impressed by the HD color flatscreen TV. In 1956, TV was black & white, with 4:3 aspect ratios and big bulbous tubes."



My parents got a 16" b/w Zenith TV around 1956. That was the only TV in our house until 1979—and none of that fancy outdoor antenna stuff, mind you. When my dad finally cracked and brought into the family room an inherited color TV , connected to an outdoor antenna, I felt like a North Korean defector brought into the modern world.

The Three Stooges! Star Trek! Bruins hockey! 

Then felt I like some watcher of the skies
When a new planet swims into his ken;
Or like stout Cortez when with eagle eyes
He stared at the Pacific—and all his men
Look'd at each other with a wild surmise—
Silent, upon a peak in Darien.

 

When I was a wee lad my Dad cut a hole in the wall and inserted our big black and white TV into it and framed it in nicely. There was a closet on the other side of the wall. Our set wasn't HD or even color but it looked pretty awesome and a little futuristic. Then at some point I heard my parents saying that the stations (I guess we got maybe 12 or 15 living near LA) were experimented with color broadcasting and I assumed that we would soon be receiving a color picture so I watched and watched every little speck, every scratchy line for a hint of color. Sometimes I could swear a saw a little color. I used to hallucinate a lot when I was little - for real. Eventually we got a new TV and enjoyed the occasional program in color.  My favourite was Walt Disney's Wonderful World Of Color.


kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Mar 5, 2021 - 4:56pm



 BillG wrote:


 oldviolin wrote:




Also cinnamon buns, copius grapefruit and spaghetti squash. Not to mention the snow covered landscape,  the circus animal cages and the resurrection of Topo Gigio in digital format. 
I'm a bit curious about the kid in a skeleton costume though. 
 

I'm impressed by the HD color flatscreen TV. In 1956, TV was black & white, with 4:3 aspect ratios and big bulbous tubes. 

But they're grilling the grapefruit. That's just wrong.
 

"I'm impressed by the HD color flatscreen TV. In 1956, TV was black & white, with 4:3 aspect ratios and big bulbous tubes."



My parents got a 16" b/w Zenith TV around 1956. That was the only TV in our house until 1979—and none of that fancy outdoor antenna stuff, mind you. When my dad finally cracked and brought into the family room an inherited color TV , connected to an outdoor antenna, I felt like a North Korean defector brought into the modern world.

The Three Stooges! Star Trek! Bruins hockey! 

Then felt I like some watcher of the skies
When a new planet swims into his ken;
Or like stout Cortez when with eagle eyes
He stared at the Pacific—and all his men
Look'd at each other with a wild surmise—
Silent, upon a peak in Darien.

Page: 1, 2, 3  Next