[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

2020 Elections - kcar - Sep 24, 2020 - 9:50pm
 
Trump - kcar - Sep 24, 2020 - 9:31pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - ScottFromWyoming - Sep 24, 2020 - 7:35pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Sep 24, 2020 - 7:20pm
 
How's the weather? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Sep 24, 2020 - 4:43pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - KurtfromLaQuinta - Sep 24, 2020 - 4:32pm
 
Animal Resistance - R_P - Sep 24, 2020 - 4:13pm
 
Supreme Court: Who's Next? - R_P - Sep 24, 2020 - 4:05pm
 
Looting & vandalism isn't protest - R_P - Sep 24, 2020 - 2:56pm
 
Bluesound Sound Dropouts - BillG - Sep 24, 2020 - 12:02pm
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - pigtail - Sep 24, 2020 - 10:28am
 
COVID-19 - R_P - Sep 24, 2020 - 10:20am
 
Language - Ohmsen - Sep 24, 2020 - 10:12am
 
Counting with Pictures - Proclivities - Sep 24, 2020 - 6:00am
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - miamizsun - Sep 24, 2020 - 5:59am
 
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group - sunybuny - Sep 24, 2020 - 5:37am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - sunybuny - Sep 24, 2020 - 5:35am
 
Film & Video Production - rgio - Sep 24, 2020 - 5:11am
 
Quotes: Your Favorite Comedians - Ohmsen - Sep 24, 2020 - 1:07am
 
Questions. - whatshisname - Sep 23, 2020 - 7:10pm
 
American Justice - Steely_D - Sep 23, 2020 - 6:09pm
 
Your favourite conspiracy theory? - R_P - Sep 23, 2020 - 4:56pm
 
*** PUNS *** ASTRONOMY - buddy - Sep 23, 2020 - 4:24pm
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - buddy - Sep 23, 2020 - 4:21pm
 
The Obituary Page - Ohmsen - Sep 23, 2020 - 10:56am
 
It's the economy stupid. - Red_Dragon - Sep 23, 2020 - 10:27am
 
how do you feel right now? - Steely_D - Sep 23, 2020 - 10:27am
 
WikiLeaks - Ohmsen - Sep 23, 2020 - 7:58am
 
Favorite Quotes - Coaxial - Sep 23, 2020 - 7:39am
 
Race in America - R_P - Sep 23, 2020 - 12:06am
 
The American Dream - kcar - Sep 22, 2020 - 11:49pm
 
Australia has Disappeared - haresfur - Sep 22, 2020 - 9:16pm
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - Sep 22, 2020 - 8:57pm
 
Evolution! - R_P - Sep 22, 2020 - 8:50pm
 
Name My Band - Antigone - Sep 22, 2020 - 4:04pm
 
Trump Lies - R_P - Sep 22, 2020 - 2:45pm
 
Brazil - R_P - Sep 22, 2020 - 1:57pm
 
RP Daily Trivia Challenge - KurtfromLaQuinta - Sep 22, 2020 - 7:49am
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Sep 21, 2020 - 9:29pm
 
Things I'd LIKE to find at my house. - Antigone - Sep 21, 2020 - 5:31pm
 
Lyrics that strike a chord today... - Steely_D - Sep 21, 2020 - 5:13pm
 
RP Main Mix on TuneIn unavailable? - DianaLipka - Sep 21, 2020 - 9:56am
 
Best Song Comments. - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Sep 21, 2020 - 5:37am
 
Trolls at RP - Steely_D - Sep 20, 2020 - 4:41pm
 
Facebook Tips - Ohmsen - Sep 20, 2020 - 2:37pm
 
Climate Change - R_P - Sep 20, 2020 - 12:34pm
 
Environment - R_P - Sep 20, 2020 - 9:56am
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - oldviolin - Sep 20, 2020 - 9:16am
 
Lyrics That Remind You of Someone - oldviolin - Sep 20, 2020 - 9:15am
 
Is there any DOG news out there? - sirdroseph - Sep 20, 2020 - 7:29am
 
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix - miamizsun - Sep 20, 2020 - 6:46am
 
Republican Party - sirdroseph - Sep 20, 2020 - 6:14am
 
FLAC Streaming - gsbaronnier - Sep 20, 2020 - 3:24am
 
Anti-War - R_P - Sep 19, 2020 - 4:57pm
 
Immigration - R_P - Sep 19, 2020 - 2:17pm
 
TV shows you watch - KurtfromLaQuinta - Sep 19, 2020 - 12:57pm
 
China - R_P - Sep 19, 2020 - 11:07am
 
Thank you, Bug. - miamizsun - Sep 19, 2020 - 6:53am
 
Things You Thought Today - Antigone - Sep 19, 2020 - 6:04am
 
Canada - R_P - Sep 18, 2020 - 7:37pm
 
Tech & Science - R_P - Sep 18, 2020 - 6:20pm
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - miamizsun - Sep 18, 2020 - 1:59pm
 
Bad Poetry - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2020 - 11:05am
 
Private messages in a public forum - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2020 - 10:21am
 
honk if you think manbird and OV are one and the same ent... - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2020 - 10:14am
 
Buddy's Haven - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2020 - 9:14am
 
What The Hell Buddy? - oldviolin - Sep 18, 2020 - 8:10am
 
Drop the Puck! NHL Lockout Ends! - black321 - Sep 18, 2020 - 6:06am
 
Today in History - Ohmsen - Sep 18, 2020 - 5:26am
 
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing - oldviolin - Sep 17, 2020 - 9:04pm
 
Signs o' the Apocalypse in the news... - Steely_D - Sep 17, 2020 - 6:57pm
 
Soliciting ideas to bring about a more humane world - miamizsun - Sep 17, 2020 - 5:06pm
 
Rock Movies/Documentaries - Steely_D - Sep 17, 2020 - 1:39pm
 
HALF A WORLD - oldviolin - Sep 17, 2020 - 11:57am
 
What are you listening to now? - oldviolin - Sep 17, 2020 - 11:53am
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » Ask an Atheist Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Post to this Topic
Ohmsen

Ohmsen Avatar

Location: Valhalla
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 23, 2020 - 6:06am



 Lazy8 wrote:
Ohmsen wrote:
Yes, I'm done at what you name it. Ever since man had this thing going, I'm done. Are you? ~ Maybe not so.

It seems like English might not be your native language, but let's try again. Still don't know what any of this:

Glad I missed it. No need for me to dig through endless mud.
Except for the Muddy Waters' mud.

Aggravating energies are being stirred here. Divisiveness, where there could be unity for man.

Intrinsically violent and hateful, it seems.

Like we want world leaders to be traumatized by abuse, in order to tell us...

Blind leading the blind.

means.

Perhaps you could simplify your concern into...maybe a question.

Or try this: It seems to bother you that there are people who don't believe in gods. Is it just that they don't believe in gods in general, or yours in particular?

Why does this bother you?

No one is telling you to stop believing in yours.

If you just want spew word salad, well...peace, brother. I hope it gives you solace.
 

I'm not the least concerned here about any atheists. They do not bother me at all. So I might have left a wrong impression on some folks like you. 

Also, not trying to step on someone's toes here. Not trying to tell anyone to believe in anything. So maybe, that is your concern, brother. ("Peace on you, too...")

Just trying to have some friendly discussion on the subject of atheism, that is all. 

Yer right, English is a second language for me. So maybe what I posted all sounded a little too cryptic. Ok, sorry for that.
Muddy Waters I like to listen to, not Hitchens.



Lazy8

Lazy8 Avatar

Location: The Gallatin Valley of Montana
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 22, 2020 - 7:07pm

Ohmsen wrote:
Yes, I'm done at what you name it. Ever since man had this thing going, I'm done. Are you? ~ Maybe not so.

It seems like English might not be your native language, but let's try again. Still don't know what any of this:

Glad I missed it. No need for me to dig through endless mud.
Except for the Muddy Waters' mud.

Aggravating energies are being stirred here. Divisiveness, where there could be unity for man.

Intrinsically violent and hateful, it seems.

Like we want world leaders to be traumatized by abuse, in order to tell us...

Blind leading the blind.

means.

Perhaps you could simplify your concern into...maybe a question.

Or try this: It seems to bother you that there are people who don't believe in gods. Is it just that they don't believe in gods in general, or yours in particular?

Why does this bother you?

No one is telling you to stop believing in yours.

If you just want spew word salad, well...peace, brother. I hope it gives you solace.
Ohmsen

Ohmsen Avatar

Location: Valhalla
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 4:20pm



 R_P wrote:
 Ohmsen wrote:
 R_P wrote:
 Ohmsen wrote:
 R_P wrote:
 Ohmsen wrote:
 R_P wrote:
I don't think you'll get much unity by judging atheists to be negative and divisive, but keep trying...
 
Sorry if I am, or seem to be judging. If so, limits arise in my personal ability to listen to any such hate-mongering.
Make of it what you will...
 
Not willing (or able) to listen means you won't get an answer to your question.
 
Ok, now I (finally) forced myself to the end of the video, R_P. Thank you for the doubtful "pleasure".

I find the logic behind the reasoning pathologic. It is all I can say and have said here, so far (as for 'judging' from my end). The "innate" goodness and moral values you mentioned as evident in his talk really must be disguised beyond my  field of perception. So sorry.... for the Social Justice movement.
 
The question then is why do you find/judge it to be "pathologic"? There is no explanation.  People do not have innate goodness or moral values?
 
Those are my spectacles. Forgive me. I have studied man by myself, getting to know some hundreds professionally, on an intimate level of mutual respect. Not meaning to honcho you. 
 
It seems you can't or won't answer questions. Too bad.
 

Sorry, I thought the answer was 'innate'. 

Of course, I believe in our both good as truly being innate.

lmao, RP is playing Wilhelm Tell right now:
"Durch diese hohle Gasse muss er kommen!"

R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 4:08pm

 Ohmsen wrote:
 R_P wrote:
 Ohmsen wrote:
 R_P wrote:
 Ohmsen wrote:
 R_P wrote:
I don't think you'll get much unity by judging atheists to be negative and divisive, but keep trying...
 
Sorry if I am, or seem to be judging. If so, limits arise in my personal ability to listen to any such hate-mongering.
Make of it what you will...
 
Not willing (or able) to listen means you won't get an answer to your question.
 
Ok, now I (finally) forced myself to the end of the video, R_P. Thank you for the doubtful "pleasure".

I find the logic behind the reasoning pathologic. It is all I can say and have said here, so far (as for 'judging' from my end). The "innate" goodness and moral values you mentioned as evident in his talk really must be disguised beyond my  field of perception. So sorry.... for the Social Justice movement.
 
The question then is why do you find/judge it to be "pathologic"? There is no explanation.  People do not have innate goodness or moral values?
 
Those are my spectacles. Forgive me. I have studied man by myself, getting to know some hundreds professionally, on an intimate level of mutual respect. Not meaning to honcho you. 
 
It seems you can't or won't answer questions. Too bad.
Ohmsen

Ohmsen Avatar

Location: Valhalla
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 4:04pm



 R_P wrote:
 Ohmsen wrote:
 R_P wrote:
 Ohmsen wrote:
 R_P wrote:
I don't think you'll get much unity by judging atheists to be negative and divisive, but keep trying...
 
Sorry if I am, or seem to be judging. If so, limits arise in my personal ability to listen to any such hate-mongering.
Make of it what you will...
 
Not willing (or able) to listen means you won't get an answer to your question.
 
Ok, now I (finally) forced myself to the end of the video, R_P. Thank you for the doubtful "pleasure".

I find the logic behind the reasoning pathologic. It is all I can say and have said here, so far (as for 'judging' from my end). The "innate" goodness and moral values you mentioned as evident in his talk really must be disguised beyond my  field of perception. So sorry.... for the Social Justice movement.
 
The question then is why do you find/judge it to be "pathologic"? There is no explanation.  People do not have innate goodness or moral values?
 

Those are my spectacles. Forgive me. I have studied man by myself, getting to know some hundreds professionally, on an intimate level of mutual respect. Not meaning to honcho you. 
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 3:51pm

 Ohmsen wrote:
 R_P wrote:
 Ohmsen wrote:
 R_P wrote:
I don't think you'll get much unity by judging atheists to be negative and divisive, but keep trying...
 
Sorry if I am, or seem to be judging. If so, limits arise in my personal ability to listen to any such hate-mongering.
Make of it what you will...
 
Not willing (or able) to listen means you won't get an answer to your question.
 
Ok, now I (finally) forced myself to the end of the video, R_P. Thank you for the doubtful "pleasure".

I find the logic behind the reasoning pathologic. It is all I can say and have said here, so far (as for 'judging' from my end). The "innate" goodness and moral values you mentioned as evident in his talk really must be disguised beyond my  field of perception. So sorry.... for the Social Justice movement.
 
The question then is why do you find/judge it to be "pathologic"? There is no explanation.  People do not have innate goodness or moral values?
Ohmsen

Ohmsen Avatar

Location: Valhalla
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 3:42pm



 R_P wrote:
 Ohmsen wrote:
 R_P wrote:
I don't think you'll get much unity by judging atheists to be negative and divisive, but keep trying...
 
Sorry if I am, or seem to be judging. If so, limits arise in my personal ability to listen to any such hate-mongering.
Make of it what you will...
 
Not willing (or able) to listen means you won't get an answer to your question.
 

Ok, now I (finally) forced myself to the end of the video, R_P. Thank you for the doubtful "pleasure".

I find the logic behind the reasoning pathologic. It is all I can say and have said here, so far (as for 'judging' from my end). The "innate" goodness and moral values you mentioned as evident in his talk really must be disguised beyond my  field of perception. So sorry.... for the Social Justice movement. 

Mother Theresa, on an invitation to an Anti-War rally refused her participation. "If you invite me to a Peace rally, I shall come", was her reply.


haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 3:39pm



 Lazy8 wrote:
Ohmsen wrote:
I was asking about goodness and moral values. ~ While there certainly is no shortage of moral values being put in front, as the New Atheism morphed into the Social Justice movement seems beyond debate. 

Yet where the focus goes, the energy flows. 

Meaning, I can concentrate on this or that, and strengthen it this way. ~ Why does it always have to be negative with these atheist lighthouse-keepers? Negative in negating the purposed 'other'? Concentrating on 'their' failures and wrongdoings?

Does that lead to any progress for society as a whole? 

Since Cain and Abel, not. 

*chuckle*

I'm almost certain you just tried to say something.
 
Sorry, I can't help here: I don't care if God exists or not - I'm an apatheist

R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 3:09pm

 Ohmsen wrote:
 R_P wrote:
I don't think you'll get much unity by judging atheists to be negative and divisive, but keep trying...
 
Sorry if I am, or seem to be judging. If so, limits arise in my personal ability to listen to any such hate-mongering.
Make of it what you will...
 
Not willing (or able) to listen means you won't get an answer to your question.
Ohmsen

Ohmsen Avatar

Location: Valhalla
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 2:31pm



 R_P wrote:
 Ohmsen wrote:
 R_P wrote:
 Ohmsen wrote:
Aggravating energies are being stirred here. Divisiveness, where there could be unity for man

Intrinsically violent and hateful, it seems. 

Like we want world leaders to be traumatized by abuse, in order to tell us...

Blind leading the blind.
 
Kumbaya.
 
And Amen.
 
I don't think you'll get much unity by judging atheists to be negative and divisive, but keep trying...

 
Sorry if I am, or seem to be judging. If so, limits arise in my personal ability to listen to any such hate-mongering.
Make of it what you will...

I am not favoring any kind of organized 'spirituality'. Religion has been doing much harm throughout history. Religion has also been doing much good to the world, at the same time. (Try me on that one1)

Using our full capacity as humans to uncover (some of) the truths behind our universe is something that I strongly support.

Something I definitely know is, focusing on either bad- or goodness has an outcome in our reality as individuals, as families, communities, etc. 

To me it all is about resonance, if you want to understand what I mean. Frequency, starting with our own breathing and thoughts, as in meditation. 

May there be peace everywhere.
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 2:18pm

 Ohmsen wrote:
 R_P wrote:
 Ohmsen wrote:
Aggravating energies are being stirred here. Divisiveness, where there could be unity for man

Intrinsically violent and hateful, it seems. 

Like we want world leaders to be traumatized by abuse, in order to tell us...

Blind leading the blind.
 
Kumbaya.
 
And Amen.
 
I don't think you'll get much unity by judging atheists to be negative and divisive, but keep trying...
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 2:16pm



 Ohmsen wrote:


 R_P wrote:
 Ohmsen wrote:
Aggravating energies are being stirred here. Divisiveness, where there could be unity for man

Intrinsically violent and hateful, it seems. 

Like we want world leaders to be traumatized by abuse, in order to tell us...

Blind leading the blind.
 
Kumbaya.
 

And Amen.
 

The primary obstacle to unity is religion.
Ohmsen

Ohmsen Avatar

Location: Valhalla
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 2:10pm



 R_P wrote:
 Ohmsen wrote:
Aggravating energies are being stirred here. Divisiveness, where there could be unity for man

Intrinsically violent and hateful, it seems. 

Like we want world leaders to be traumatized by abuse, in order to tell us...

Blind leading the blind.
 
Kumbaya.
 

And Amen.
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 2:08pm

 Ohmsen wrote:
Aggravating energies are being stirred here. Divisiveness, where there could be unity for man

Intrinsically violent and hateful, it seems. 

Like we want world leaders to be traumatized by abuse, in order to tell us...

Blind leading the blind.
 
Kumbaya.
Ohmsen

Ohmsen Avatar

Location: Valhalla
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 2:07pm



 Lazy8 wrote:
Ohmsen wrote:
Read my last post, if you like.
 
Are you done editing it? 'Cuz it still seems kinda half-baked.
 

Yes, I'm done at what you name it. Ever since man had this thing going, I'm done. Are you? ~ Maybe not so.
Lazy8

Lazy8 Avatar

Location: The Gallatin Valley of Montana
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 2:02pm

Ohmsen wrote:
Read my last post, if you like.
 
Are you done editing it? 'Cuz it still seems kinda half-baked.
Ohmsen

Ohmsen Avatar

Location: Valhalla
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 1:56pm



 Lazy8 wrote:
Ohmsen wrote:
I was asking about goodness and moral values. ~ While there certainly is no shortage of moral values being put in front, as the New Atheism morphed into the Social Justice movement seems beyond debate. 

Yet where the focus goes, the energy flows. 

Meaning, I can concentrate on this or that, and strengthen it this way. ~ Why does it always have to be negative with these atheist lighthouse-keepers? Negative in negating the purposed 'other'? Concentrating on 'their' failures and wrongdoings?

Does that lead to any progress for society as a whole? 

Since Cain and Abel, not. 

*chuckle*

I'm almost certain you just tried to say something.
 

Read my last post, if you like.
Lazy8

Lazy8 Avatar

Location: The Gallatin Valley of Montana
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 1:50pm

Ohmsen wrote:
I was asking about goodness and moral values. ~ While there certainly is no shortage of moral values being put in front, as the New Atheism morphed into the Social Justice movement seems beyond debate. 

Yet where the focus goes, the energy flows. 

Meaning, I can concentrate on this or that, and strengthen it this way. ~ Why does it always have to be negative with these atheist lighthouse-keepers? Negative in negating the purposed 'other'? Concentrating on 'their' failures and wrongdoings?

Does that lead to any progress for society as a whole? 

Since Cain and Abel, not. 

*chuckle*

I'm almost certain you just tried to say something.
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 1:50pm



 Ohmsen wrote:

I was asking about goodness and moral values. ~ While there certainly is no shortage of moral values being put in front, as the New Atheism morphed into the Social Justice movement seems beyond debate. 

Yet where the focus goes, the energy flows. 

Meaning, I can concentrate on this or that, and strengthen it this way. ~ Why does it always have to be negative with these atheist lighthouse-keepers? Negative in negating the purposed 'other'? Concentrating on 'their' failures and wrongdoings?

Does that lead to any progress for society as a whole? 

Since Cain and Abel, not. 

*chuckle*
 
The clip is from a debate. Hitch was making his point that morality is innate by pointing out the glaring immorality of religion.

Ohmsen

Ohmsen Avatar

Location: Valhalla
Gender: Male


Posted: Apr 21, 2020 - 1:44pm



 R_P wrote:
 Ohmsen wrote:
 Red_Dragon wrote:

 
<quote>Curse and displeasure<unquote>, yes. Bashing religion, yes. Not really what I asked, an opposite, rather.
 
You missed the answer: it's innate.
 

Glad I missed it. No need for me to dig through endless mud.
Except for the Muddy Waters' mud. 

Aggravating energies are being stirred here. Divisiveness, where there could be unity for man. 

Intrinsically violent and hateful, it seems. 

Like we want world leaders to be traumatized by abuse, in order to tell us...

Blind leading the blind.
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54  Next