[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Russia - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Oct 1, 2022 - 10:10pm
 
Wordle - daily game - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Oct 1, 2022 - 9:41pm
 
Recommended documentaries - KurtfromLaQuinta - Oct 1, 2022 - 9:28pm
 
Can I use my ratings to create a playlist? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Oct 1, 2022 - 9:26pm
 
Things You Thought Today - KurtfromLaQuinta - Oct 1, 2022 - 9:23pm
 
What the world needs now is .... - KurtfromLaQuinta - Oct 1, 2022 - 9:22pm
 
Name My Band - Manbird - Oct 1, 2022 - 9:16pm
 
Lowest rated song you gave a 10 - kcar - Oct 1, 2022 - 5:03pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - ScottFromWyoming - Oct 1, 2022 - 12:27pm
 
HALF A WORLD - oldviolin - Oct 1, 2022 - 12:24pm
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Oct 1, 2022 - 11:06am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - oldviolin - Oct 1, 2022 - 10:59am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Oct 1, 2022 - 7:11am
 
Ukraine - miamizsun - Oct 1, 2022 - 6:58am
 
Pink Floyd Set? - Manbird - Sep 30, 2022 - 10:48pm
 
Mixtape Culture Club - KurtfromLaQuinta - Sep 30, 2022 - 10:06pm
 
What makes you smile? - kcar - Sep 30, 2022 - 7:05pm
 
Derplahoma! - Red_Dragon - Sep 30, 2022 - 2:07pm
 
Britain - R_P - Sep 30, 2022 - 1:07pm
 
Counting with Pictures - Proclivities - Sep 30, 2022 - 10:54am
 
Artificial Intelligence - miamizsun - Sep 30, 2022 - 4:52am
 
Favorite Quotes - sirdroseph - Sep 30, 2022 - 4:23am
 
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group - islander - Sep 29, 2022 - 9:36pm
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - GeneP59 - Sep 29, 2022 - 8:31pm
 
Two questions. That's it. I promise. - GeneP59 - Sep 29, 2022 - 4:26pm
 
Guns - R_P - Sep 29, 2022 - 2:36pm
 
The Obituary Page - miamizsun - Sep 29, 2022 - 12:27pm
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Sep 29, 2022 - 8:06am
 
What the hell OV? - oldviolin - Sep 29, 2022 - 7:57am
 
How's the weather? - Proclivities - Sep 29, 2022 - 7:10am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - jarro - Sep 29, 2022 - 2:26am
 
Prog Rockers Anonymous - ianm42 - Sep 29, 2022 - 2:03am
 
They're made out of meat. - oldviolin - Sep 28, 2022 - 8:08pm
 
What Makes You Laugh? - ScottFromWyoming - Sep 28, 2022 - 8:06pm
 
Republican Party - Red_Dragon - Sep 28, 2022 - 6:50pm
 
NASA & other news from space - Red_Dragon - Sep 28, 2022 - 4:27pm
 
First Porcupine Tree Concert in Toronto - the_jake - Sep 28, 2022 - 12:21pm
 
Florida Hurricane preparedness - pilgrim - Sep 28, 2022 - 10:23am
 
The Abortion Wars - Red_Dragon - Sep 28, 2022 - 10:11am
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - fractalv - Sep 28, 2022 - 8:56am
 
New RP Website! (2022) - eyke - Sep 28, 2022 - 8:47am
 
What's the first concert you ever went to? - Coaxial - Sep 28, 2022 - 5:03am
 
TEXAS - Red_Dragon - Sep 27, 2022 - 6:34pm
 
Display Album Art/Hide Slideshow - Joril - Sep 27, 2022 - 12:58am
 
Blondie in Detroit - Red_Dragon - Sep 26, 2022 - 4:38pm
 
Bob Dylan - miamizsun - Sep 26, 2022 - 3:08pm
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - oldviolin - Sep 26, 2022 - 1:46pm
 
China - miamizsun - Sep 26, 2022 - 7:28am
 
Really missing ABBA (not) - ColdMiser - Sep 26, 2022 - 6:59am
 
Joe Biden - VV - Sep 26, 2022 - 6:05am
 
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi... - Red_Dragon - Sep 25, 2022 - 4:35pm
 
New App Changes. Can't Scroll Back On Comment Section of - Laptopdog - Sep 25, 2022 - 4:04pm
 
Art Show - Manbird - Sep 25, 2022 - 2:08pm
 
Italy - Red_Dragon - Sep 25, 2022 - 1:45pm
 
What are you listening to now? - eyke - Sep 25, 2022 - 12:45pm
 
Questions. - haresfur - Sep 25, 2022 - 12:24pm
 
Ambient Music - haresfur - Sep 25, 2022 - 12:16pm
 
Trump - westslope - Sep 25, 2022 - 11:30am
 
Judy Chops - gazweid - Sep 25, 2022 - 9:42am
 
Positive Thoughts and Prayer Requests - Red_Dragon - Sep 25, 2022 - 8:13am
 
Quick! I need a chicken... - haresfur - Sep 24, 2022 - 4:36pm
 
hey Siri, play radio paradise in the living room? - KurtfromLaQuinta - Sep 24, 2022 - 4:04pm
 
COVID-19 - nottheusualkind - Sep 23, 2022 - 9:38pm
 
RIP Barbara Billingsley - fateme.mollaei - Sep 23, 2022 - 6:40pm
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - thisbody - Sep 23, 2022 - 11:43am
 
Getting ads on Sonos Radio Paradise Plugin - scrubbrush - Sep 23, 2022 - 10:46am
 
Automotive Lust - KurtfromLaQuinta - Sep 23, 2022 - 6:14am
 
USA! USA! USA! - westslope - Sep 22, 2022 - 7:07pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - Red_Dragon - Sep 22, 2022 - 3:20pm
 
Climate Change - R_P - Sep 22, 2022 - 12:18pm
 
Sonos - scrubbrush - Sep 22, 2022 - 11:33am
 
Earthquake - Steely_D - Sep 22, 2022 - 9:40am
 
The Dragons' Roost - GeneP59 - Sep 22, 2022 - 6:55am
 
Anti-War - R_P - Sep 21, 2022 - 7:41pm
 
What is the meaning of this? - oldviolin - Sep 21, 2022 - 2:46pm
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » What Makes You Sad? Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117  Next
Post to this Topic
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Jun 16, 2022 - 9:06pm


When John was nine his 21-year-old brother committed suicide.


Coaxial

Coaxial Avatar

Location: 543westofParadis,1491east ofParadise
Gender: Male


Posted: May 18, 2022 - 6:42pm

 Steely_D wrote:
 Antigone wrote:

Co-worker (who lost his sense of smell) tested positive Saturday. I've been dealing since Monday with what I thought was crazy seasonal allergies. Runny nose, cough. No fever, no loss of smell/taste. I've had four doses. 
I'm just finishing up 10 days and still testing positive at home. Lots of congestion, periodic cough. Wife, same, except more of a sore throat earache configuration. Both of us with aches, chills, big fatigue.
So rough guess it'll suck for about two weeks. My usual advice: Fluids, Tylenol, Netflix.
 
Sorry to see this Dr. D...Hope both of you feel better soon.{#Pray}
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: May 18, 2022 - 11:05am

 Steely_D wrote:
I'm just finishing up 10 days and still testing positive at home. Lots of congestion, periodic cough. Wife, same, except more of a sore throat earache configuration. Both of us with aches, chills, big fatigue.
So rough guess it'll suck for about two weeks. My usual advice: Fluids, Tylenol, Netflix.

jeez!


miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: May 18, 2022 - 11:04am

Antigone wrote:
Positive COVID test. 



feel better soon 
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: May 18, 2022 - 10:19am

 Antigone wrote:

Co-worker (who lost his sense of smell) tested positive Saturday. I've been dealing since Monday with what I thought was crazy seasonal allergies. Runny nose, cough. No fever, no loss of smell/taste. I've had four doses. 


I'm just finishing up 10 days and still testing positive at home. Lots of congestion, periodic cough. Wife, same, except more of a sore throat earache configuration. Both of us with aches, chills, big fatigue.
So rough guess it'll suck for about two weeks. My usual advice: Fluids, Tylenol, Netflix.
Coaxial

Coaxial Avatar

Location: 543westofParadis,1491east ofParadise
Gender: Male


Posted: May 18, 2022 - 10:17am

 Antigone wrote:
Positive COVID test. 
 
{#Meditate}{#Pray}
Antigone

Antigone Avatar

Location: A house, in a Virginian Valley
Gender: Female


Posted: May 18, 2022 - 9:42am

 oldviolin wrote:
Hope it's mild and gone quick.
{#Good-vibes}


So many friends, all vaxxed and getting latent positives out of nowhere (or somewhere/everywhere)




Co-worker (who lost his sense of smell) tested positive Saturday. I've been dealing since Monday with what I thought was crazy seasonal allergies. Runny nose, cough. No fever, no loss of smell/taste. I've had four doses. 
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: May 18, 2022 - 9:37am

 Antigone wrote:
Positive COVID test. 
 Hope it's mild and gone quick.{#Good-vibes}

So many friends, all vaxxed and getting latent positives out of nowhere (or somewhere/everywhere)

Antigone

Antigone Avatar

Location: A house, in a Virginian Valley
Gender: Female


Posted: May 18, 2022 - 8:35am

Positive COVID test. 
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 18, 2022 - 3:36pm

 NoEnzLefttoSplit wrote:

at least he's alive I guess. 

I learnt my lesson on ice about twelve years ago. It was Christmas eve and was racing around the countryside trying to deliver presents to friends before we flew out to NZ. On the way to the next village I went safely through a couple of hairpins and thought, man, that was lucky, must slow down on the way back.

So on the way back I gently touched the brakes

just in front of the hairpins and before I knew it I was doing a 360 downhill, left the road and was plummeting towards an apple tree in about 10 cm of fresh snow. That snow saved me as I suddenly realised I had some control over the steering again and managed to avoid the tree, gun the gas and get back up on to the road. Heart beat went up a few notches. It all happened so fast.
 
Never, ever hit the brakes on ice.  That is of course that you know you are on ice or worse, black ice.  Foot off the gas pedal and gently steer until you are safe or hit whatever you're going to hit.  I always do periodic brake checks to see what kind of traction I have or don't have, just in case something suddenly goes wrong in front of me.

This morning was ton's o fun as we had sleety ice under the snow.  No brine or any kind of pre treatment since it rained washing everything away before changing to sleet to ice to snow. The wiper transmission linkage broke on my 04 Civic (I absolutely hate, hate, hate its ABS in the snow) on the freeway going into work this morning.  It was still snowing.  That was fun.  Limped on home 15 miles away via side streets to keep spray off the windshield from other vehicles so I could somewhat still see.  $300 later, it is already fixed. Actually $800 since I had them finally replace the back struts while they had it.

Just another day in paradise ...

Glad everyone is still alive to be able to tell their stories.
{#Meditate}
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 18, 2022 - 2:21pm

 Lazy8 wrote:

It's like you're not even trying!


Once per story.
Lazy8

Lazy8 Avatar

Location: The Gallatin Valley of Montana
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 18, 2022 - 2:11pm

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
I slid off the highway once

It's like you're not even trying!
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 18, 2022 - 1:35pm

 NoEnzLefttoSplit wrote:

at least he's alive I guess. 

I learnt my lesson on ice about twelve years ago. It was Christmas eve and was racing around the countryside trying to deliver presents to friends before we flew out to NZ. On the way to the next village I went safely through a couple of hairpins and thought, man, that was lucky, must slow down on the way back.
So on the way back I gently touched the brakes just in front of the hairpins and before I knew it I was doing a 360 downhill, left the road and was plummeting towards an apple tree in about 10 cm of fresh snow. That snow saved me as I suddenly realised I had some control over the steering again and managed to avoid the tree, gun the gas and get back up on to the road. Heart beat went up a few notches. It all happened so fast.


That particular morning was super hairy all over. I was driving the Jeep and I had to put it in 4WD to pull away from the curb. When I got to work I texted both kids to make sure they didn't try to drive anywhere, just home. Then I heard about the wreck. 

I slid off the highway once, doing maybe 35mph, and didn't really spin at all. It was a long slightly curved stretch of road and I remember looking out the driver's side window at the scenery, then watched as the mountain moved to the windshield... I'd sort of drifted maybe 60° off track so slowly I didn't notice. I gently nudged the wheel to the right just a hair and that straightened things out but I was going straight while the road was arcing to the right. I slid over the center line, oncoming car about 100 yards away, so I aimed for the ditch and was down off the road well before the car got to me. Kept up my speed and like you the grass let me hit the gas and after the car passed, I nudged it back up onto the road, missed a reflector pole and eased back into my lane like I knew what I was doing.
NoEnzLefttoSplit

NoEnzLefttoSplit Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 18, 2022 - 11:09am

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
 Coaxial wrote:

Wow, that is a serious black cloud.{#Pray}
Learned today that the car going the other way carried a guy I know from the ski hill. 2 broken ankles, broken wrist, broken pelvis etc. although the pelvis might be "hip" i.e.: not quite so bad. But he's one bunged up guy. First surgery complete. Long rehab time ahead but he works for a place that I assume has something approaching Cadillac insurance so he should be more or less okay in that regard. He's a welder, though, so not going back to a desk job.
 
at least he's alive I guess. 

I learnt my lesson on ice about twelve years ago. It was Christmas eve and was racing around the countryside trying to deliver presents to friends before we flew out to NZ. On the way to the next village I went safely through a couple of hairpins and thought, man, that was lucky, must slow down on the way back.
So on the way back I gently touched the brakes just in front of the hairpins and before I knew it I was doing a 360 downhill, left the road and was plummeting towards an apple tree in about 10 cm of fresh snow. That snow saved me as I suddenly realised I had some control over the steering again and managed to avoid the tree, gun the gas and get back up on to the road. Heart beat went up a few notches. It all happened so fast.
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 18, 2022 - 10:56am

 Coaxial wrote:

Wow, that is a serious black cloud.
{#Pray}


Learned today that the car going the other way carried a guy I know from the ski hill. 2 broken ankles, broken wrist, broken pelvis etc. although the pelvis might be "hip" i.e.: not quite so bad. But he's one bunged up guy. First surgery complete. Long rehab time ahead but he works for a place that I assume has something approaching Cadillac insurance so he should be more or less okay in that regard. He's a welder, though, so not going back to a desk job.
oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 18, 2022 - 6:41am

Boredom, so I avoid it...
NoEnzLefttoSplit

NoEnzLefttoSplit Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 17, 2022 - 11:26am

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
Dad's winter driving lessons/nagging being brought into stark relief today: Another local family lost two teenagers in an icy-roads crash on their way to school this morning.
 
yikes.  that's horrible. 
Coaxial

Coaxial Avatar

Location: 543westofParadis,1491east ofParadise
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 16, 2022 - 8:26pm

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
 Coaxial wrote:


{#Sad}
Yeah the mother, from what I gather, has lost a husband and a brother (cousin?) in two separate incidents in the past 5 years too. Possibly both self-inflicted. I know a lot of the family but not her. She's a grade school teacher in the next town over.
 
Wow, that is a serious black cloud.{#Pray}
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 16, 2022 - 7:19pm

 Coaxial wrote:


{#Sad}


Yeah the mother, from what I gather, has lost a husband and a brother (cousin?) in two separate incidents in the past 5 years too. Possibly both self-inflicted. I know a lot of the family but not her. She's a grade school teacher in the next town over.
Coaxial

Coaxial Avatar

Location: 543westofParadis,1491east ofParadise
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 16, 2022 - 7:12pm

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:
Dad's winter driving lessons/nagging being brought into stark relief today: Another local family lost two teenagers in an icy-roads crash on their way to school this morning.
 

{#Sad}
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117  Next