[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Joe Biden - kurtster - Mar 3, 2024 - 10:34pm
 
Memorials - Remembering Our Loved Ones - KurtfromLaQuinta - Mar 3, 2024 - 9:31pm
 
Radio Paradise Comments - Peyote - Mar 3, 2024 - 8:31pm
 
NASA & other news from space - Manbird - Mar 3, 2024 - 5:30pm
 
NYTimes Connections - Manbird - Mar 3, 2024 - 5:27pm
 
March 2024 Photo Theme - Many - Antigone - Mar 3, 2024 - 5:09pm
 
Israel - R_P - Mar 3, 2024 - 10:58am
 
Dialing 1-800-Manbird - oldviolin - Mar 3, 2024 - 10:49am
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - oldviolin - Mar 3, 2024 - 10:46am
 
Wordle - daily game - Coaxial - Mar 3, 2024 - 10:18am
 
Name My Band - GeneP59 - Mar 3, 2024 - 9:58am
 
Spambags on RP - islander - Mar 3, 2024 - 9:07am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Mar 3, 2024 - 8:12am
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Mar 2, 2024 - 9:44pm
 
Did the punishment fit the Crime? - Red_Dragon - Mar 2, 2024 - 2:03pm
 
Song of the Day - oldviolin - Mar 2, 2024 - 1:18pm
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - skyguy - Mar 2, 2024 - 12:40pm
 
WikiLeaks - R_P - Mar 2, 2024 - 11:53am
 
Ukraine - Beaker - Mar 2, 2024 - 10:54am
 
Thanks William! - oldviolin - Mar 2, 2024 - 9:03am
 
Things You Thought Today - Coaxial - Mar 1, 2024 - 6:29pm
 
What the hell OV? - oldviolin - Mar 1, 2024 - 5:50pm
 
Great guitar faces - Manbird - Mar 1, 2024 - 5:23pm
 
Little known information...maybe even facts - Manbird - Mar 1, 2024 - 5:20pm
 
HALF A WORLD - buddy - Mar 1, 2024 - 3:37pm
 
February 2024 Photo Theme - Water - Antigone - Mar 1, 2024 - 3:30pm
 
USA! USA! USA! - R_P - Mar 1, 2024 - 2:04pm
 
TuneIn Issue - gabugman1 - Mar 1, 2024 - 12:58pm
 
ONE WORD - oldviolin - Mar 1, 2024 - 11:21am
 
Irony 101 - oldviolin - Mar 1, 2024 - 11:20am
 
What Makes You Sad? - oldviolin - Mar 1, 2024 - 10:44am
 
Outstanding Covers - oldviolin - Mar 1, 2024 - 10:38am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - ColdMiser - Mar 1, 2024 - 7:23am
 
Play the Blues - oldviolin - Feb 29, 2024 - 12:05pm
 
What makes you smile? - Steely_D - Feb 29, 2024 - 10:02am
 
Russia - R_P - Feb 29, 2024 - 9:49am
 
trouble with cache block filling on Android 9 - nhm5 - Feb 29, 2024 - 9:43am
 
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum - GeneP59 - Feb 29, 2024 - 7:57am
 
The Obituary Page - lily34 - Feb 29, 2024 - 5:39am
 
New Music - pete_shakey - Feb 29, 2024 - 5:04am
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - Feb 28, 2024 - 9:51pm
 
April 8th Partial Solar Eclipse - geoff_morphini - Feb 28, 2024 - 1:15pm
 
Announcements being clipped - larvenz - Feb 28, 2024 - 6:40am
 
China - R_P - Feb 27, 2024 - 10:34pm
 
Ways to Listen to RP on WiiM Plus - rexswain - Feb 27, 2024 - 3:22pm
 
Live Music - oldviolin - Feb 27, 2024 - 2:46pm
 
Lyrics that strike a chord today... - ColdMiser - Feb 27, 2024 - 8:25am
 
In My Room - oldviolin - Feb 27, 2024 - 6:02am
 
Road Trip! - Proclivities - Feb 27, 2024 - 4:54am
 
ANSWERS - miamizsun - Feb 27, 2024 - 4:25am
 
Trump - islander - Feb 26, 2024 - 3:52pm
 
Derplahoma! - Red_Dragon - Feb 26, 2024 - 3:10pm
 
RightWingNutZ - kcar - Feb 26, 2024 - 2:22pm
 
Total solar eclipse playlist - Isabeau - Feb 26, 2024 - 12:13pm
 
Frequent drop outs (The Netherlands) - Babylon - Feb 26, 2024 - 11:39am
 
Audio Sampling Rates - William - Feb 26, 2024 - 9:12am
 
Artificial Intelligence - islander - Feb 26, 2024 - 7:21am
 
OUR CATS!! - DaveInSaoMiguel - Feb 26, 2024 - 7:16am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - pete_shakey - Feb 25, 2024 - 10:31pm
 
Guns - islander - Feb 25, 2024 - 6:34am
 
Coffee - kurtster - Feb 24, 2024 - 9:27pm
 
It's all good fun until... - oldviolin - Feb 24, 2024 - 2:10pm
 
The Secret Combination - oldviolin - Feb 24, 2024 - 1:50pm
 
Lyrics that are stuck in your head today... - oldviolin - Feb 24, 2024 - 1:30pm
 
Caching to Apple watch quit working - jmenzies - Feb 24, 2024 - 7:01am
 
Country Up The Bumpkin - KurtfromLaQuinta - Feb 23, 2024 - 9:16pm
 
If not RP, what are you listening to right now? - westslope - Feb 23, 2024 - 3:43pm
 
Favorite Quotes - oldviolin - Feb 23, 2024 - 1:42pm
 
Florida - thisbody - Feb 23, 2024 - 10:30am
 
Is there a help forum? - amyarnelle - Feb 22, 2024 - 3:22pm
 
Celebrity Face Recognition - oldviolin - Feb 22, 2024 - 1:06pm
 
Today, I learned... - Steely_D - Feb 21, 2024 - 9:52pm
 
Best guitarists - skyguy - Feb 21, 2024 - 4:00pm
 
NEED A COMPUTER GEEK! - geoff_morphini - Feb 21, 2024 - 12:45pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - geoff_morphini - Feb 21, 2024 - 11:44am
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » USA! USA! USA! Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Post to this Topic
R_P

R_P Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 24, 2023 - 1:29pm

 westslope wrote:
U.S. Doesn't Accept 'Spheres Of Influence,' State Dept. Ghoul Says
If Blinken were to open his mouth, would it reveal a Forked Tongue and Vampire teeth?  

It is a foregone conclusion that he backs ethnic-cleansing terrorism.

Likely sleeps in a coffin and needs blood (of the poor and wretched) to nourish...

Used to be in a DoD house band called the Coalition of the Willing. Brings back memories.
kcar

kcar Avatar



Posted: Feb 24, 2023 - 1:20pm

 R_P wrote:

Institutionalized/weaponized senility/amnesia




Gosh, yes. Let Russia invade and kill and rape and destroy. They felt threatened by NATO and an independent Ukraine so it's perfectly OK. 

Somehow this is America's fault and we should let a sovereign nation disappear. So let's suck our thumb and do nothing. 
westslope

westslope Avatar

Location: BC sage brush steppe


Posted: Feb 24, 2023 - 12:41pm

This could eventually be an issue in Canada (I am not kidding)  but was not sure where to post it.  This is PAINFUL to watch.  You are forewarned.  



Student attacks Matanzas High School teacher's aide who took his Nintendo Switch




Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar

Location: Dumbf*ckistan


Posted: Feb 24, 2023 - 12:27pm

westslope

westslope Avatar

Location: BC sage brush steppe


Posted: Feb 24, 2023 - 11:46am



U.S. Doesn't Accept 'Spheres Of Influence,' State Dept. Ghoul Says


If Blinken were to open his mouth, would it reveal a Forked Tongue and Vampire teeth?  

It is a foregone conclusion that he backs ethnic-cleansing terrorism.

R_P

R_P Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 24, 2023 - 10:37am


U.S. Doesn't Accept 'Spheres Of Influence,' State Dept. Ghoul Says
R_P

R_P Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 23, 2023 - 2:30pm

Institutionalized/weaponized senility/amnesia

R_P

R_P Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 19, 2023 - 11:55pm

Straight Talk on the Country’s War Addiction *
Behind a mind-set that invites the burden of policing a rules-based global order is a conventional assumption: War, though tragic, is a boon for economic vitality and patriotic vigor. This assumption is at best outmoded. The economy is no longer fueled by wartime industries in the same way. When wars are fought by a smaller corps of volunteers and financed by borrowing from financial institutions and foreign governments more than taxes and war bonds, a public spirit of common cause hasn’t materialized. In fact, America’s most recent military misadventures contributed to the steady accumulation of more than $30 trillion in debt — now being weaponized by partisans in Congress for political gain.

After Russia invaded Ukraine, Elliott Abrams, who led Middle East policy in the Bush administration and Iran and Venezuela policy in the Trump administration, insisted that the United States should seize the “new Cold War” opportunity to foster bipartisan consensus.

Blinken Warns Chinese FM Against Providing Military Support to Russia
Instead of attempting to de-escalate tensions, Blinken confronted his Chinese counterpart, accusing Beijing of "violating" US sovereignty with its balloon. Blinken said he received "no apology."

R_P

R_P Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 19, 2023 - 11:11am


R_P

R_P Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 17, 2023 - 6:24pm

Flummoxed by Russian talking points. Does. Not. Compute.

R_P

R_P Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 17, 2023 - 6:00pm

 haresfur wrote:
Well, I haven't seen the Labor Party spouting Russian talking points, not saying that they haven't. I mean some of the old timer's still call each other comrade. But yeah I'd say they still are overall left-leaning with the caveat that if something helps a heavily unionised business they tend to support it (I'm looking at you, coal companies).

But if you don't like left leaning then maybe "progressive?" "non-extreme right wing?" "woke"? I dunno, but I think even you get the idea of who I was trying to characterise in a general sense realising that generalisations are just that and are imperfect.

I don't care about your use of the term (being leveled at westslope, who may or may not identify), but the facile characterization of repeating/being susceptible to Russian talking points. I guess the flip side would be the vast majority of boring centrists repeating NATO/US talking points.

Labour parties aren't what they used to be.
haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 17, 2023 - 5:42pm

 R_P wrote:

If you start off with a hilarious characterization of "left-leaning" (does that incl. Aussie Labour?) (For some weird reason they are the Labor Party) and just dismiss arguments (as fuzzy logic) or distort them beyond recognition, then there's really no point in repeating or continuing them. Carry on as usual.


Well, I haven't seen the Labor Party spouting Russian talking points, not saying that they haven't. I mean some of the old timer's still call each other comrade. But yeah I'd say they still are overall left-leaning with the caveat that if something helps a heavily unionised business they tend to support it (I'm looking at you, coal companies).

But if you don't like left leaning then maybe "progressive?" "non-extreme right wing?" "woke"? I dunno, but I think even you get the idea of who I was trying to characterise in a general sense realising that generalisations are just that and are imperfect.
R_P

R_P Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 17, 2023 - 5:14pm

 haresfur wrote:
*strawman? Unwilling to clarify? Wants to keep safe in the land of inuendo? 

I admit that it is sometimes hard to figure out the salient points from a rambling RP discussion thread.

If you start off with a hilarious characterization of "left-leaning" (does that incl. Aussie Labour?) and just dismiss arguments (as fuzzy logic) or distort them beyond recognition, then there's really no point in repeating or continuing them. Carry on as usual.

haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 17, 2023 - 5:02pm

 R_P wrote:

Improve your reading skills, most loyal vassal.



*strawman? Unwilling to clarify? Wants to keep safe in the land of inuendo? 

I admit that it is sometimes hard to figure out the salient points from a rambling RP discussion thread.
R_P

R_P Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 17, 2023 - 4:56pm

 haresfur wrote:
Well, what are you saying with your clickbait links?

Improve your reading skills, most loyal vassal.

Missing tweet (my bad):

haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 17, 2023 - 4:55pm

 R_P wrote:

Where did I say that the US should ignore the Russian annexation? Classic straw man and making up copious amounts of sh!t. 

Well, what are you saying with your clickbait links?
R_P

R_P Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 17, 2023 - 4:53pm

 haresfur wrote:
You are simultaneously arguing that the anexation is bad but the US should ignore it when Russia does it but shouldn't ignore it when Israel does.

Where did I say that the US should ignore the Russian annexation? Classic straw man and making up copious amounts of other sh!t.

haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 17, 2023 - 4:46pm

 R_P wrote:

Can't see the tweet but whatever. You are simultaneously arguing that the anexation is bad but the US should ignore it when Russia does it but shouldn't ignore it when Israel does. That's some fuzzy logic. And by the way we shouldn't ignore the jews getting the boot out of Palestine because it happened long ago but should be against the establishment of Israel becaus it happend in your lifetime. That last bit is truly one of the complicated ethical questions world wide. I mean was it ok for the Navajo to do in the Anasazi but bad for the Europeans to do in the Navajo? I don't have an easy answer to that one. Then again, I'm reasonably comfortable with grey areas.
R_P

R_P Avatar

Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 17, 2023 - 4:02pm

 haresfur wrote:
The Golan article is a total red herring and I have no idea why you think it is relevant.

Because annexations and ethnic cleansing are baaaaaad, bro!

haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 17, 2023 - 3:58pm

 R_P wrote:

Perfectly happy. *

The "rules-based order" likes annexations (as long as they're done and subsequently populated by the right people).

Yeah, perfectly happy was a minor overstatement because lip service condemnation with perhaps a few ineffective sanctions. The main take away is that the US was not doing anything to promote a war in Ukraine and was willing to let the agression slide. Now, you and others are trying to cast USA as aggressors in the region who somehow wanted the war that Russia started. To be fair, though, I don't think there was much the US could have done back then because western Europe wasn't behind any response. 

The Golan article is a total red herring and I have no idea why you think it is relevant. But for the record, I think Israel totally screwed up with Lebanon by screwing Lebanon. Unfortunately the Lebanese government was probably too weak to take on Hamas (or whatever group was there) and left themselves vulnerable. In any case it wasn't really under government control. 
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23, 24, 25  Next