[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]
Keb Mo — Let Your Light Shine
Album: Keep It Simple
Avg rating:
6.5

Your rating:
Total ratings: 333









Released: 1994
Length: 4:01
Plays (last 30 days): 0
You say,
You want to get over.
What are you gonna do?
Watch the world go by
In a corner of the room?

I know,
None of my business.
But there's something I need to say,
If you could see you
The way I see you
You'd start flying on your own.

Step aside and . . .

refrain:
Let your light shine.
Let your love show
It's a short ride
Down the long road.
When the rains come
And the winds blow
Let your light shine
Wherever you go.

This world is ready and waiting
For you to break on through.
It's time to recognize,
To realize,
You're the only one like you.
Step on up,
Step into your greatness.
Don't be afraid.
There's a place where you will rise up to;
No one else could do what you do.

Get out of the way
refrain

Get out of the way
refrain - 2x
Comments (49)add comment
Saw him once at the Chicago Theater. He's just wonderful.

He opened for Bela Fleck whom we had never heard of.   

Great show. 
I've seen Keb Mo twice in concert; once solo, once on a double bill with Robert Cray.

Both great shows.  The guy just puts out such a great and positive vibe at his shows and he's one of the nicest, easiest to talk to musicians that you'll ever have the pleasure of meeting. 

I've long had a problem with Mo aping bluesmen--the guy's lives in the LA hills fercryinoutloud, but he's a fine writer, singer, and guitar player. This one is ample evidence.


 Cynaera wrote:
I loves me my Keb Mo...{#Bounce}
 
I can't make this sound better.
Very nice. Love me some Keb Mo.
{#Cheers}
This is like water on a burning beach. Haven't heard Keb Mo lately...but glad he's here now. Just great stuff.
 RedGuitar wrote:
Mo' Keb' Mo' please!
 
ditto
Mo' Keb' Mo' please!

Loved him in John Sayles' Honeydripper!
that first sound at the beginning of this song sounds just like the old Windows shut down sound. at first I thought my computer was about to turn off, but then remembered that it's a mac.
 Geecheeboy wrote:
He actually did write a song about having the blues because he had nothing to have the blues about.  That his life is all wonderful now. It's a good tune too.
 

Don't forget, life is the ultimate paradox!
He actually did write a song about having the blues because he had nothing to have the blues about.  That his life is all wonderful now. It's a good tune too.
I loves me my Keb Mo...{#Bounce}

A sunny Thursday afternoon, Friday off, 20 minutes to freedom - this is perfect.


 Robrrt wrote:
Keb Mo is one of my favorites - would love to hear something from the earlier albums.
 
ME TOO!!!{#Sunny} {#Sunny} {#Sunny}{#Sunny}
You see a guy that looks like that sit down and get out a guitar that looks like that then i reckon this is about what you'd be expecting.
 Seahunt wrote:
How can you not be happy listening to this song?
 
Right On! An amazing talent and as he says, we should all let our light shine. {#Sunny}
 Seahunt wrote:
How can you not be happy listening to this song?

 
Crazy! I clicked on to say the same thing...  : )
How can you not be happy listening to this song?

Saw him open for Bonnie Raitt last summer. Excellent!
I'll listen to this anytime, RP. Fan-bloody-tastic! Think I'll bump this up, oh, well, better leave it an 8 for now, I'm lookin forward to hearing this one again soon. Yep, thats a nine!
yclept wrote:
maybe you don't like this because he actually doesn't have the blues...he's happy. Now I am, too!
:high-five: I'm with you, screw the purist over-analysis, there are beautiful sounds in this little piece of happy blues.
GregK wrote:
I usually enjoy Keb and his dobro, but this is too sanitized and as above, Instantly forgetable. This is the white bread of blues music.
maybe you don't like this because he actually doesn't have the blues...he's happy. Now I am, too!
Drummer4soul wrote:
Mo' Mo' please. I love Keb', he is a very good song writer and guitar player. His lyrics are always positive and uplifting....something to make your spirit soar! "Get out the way and let your light shine" :sunny:
What he said!
Please if anybody is listening- this type of music is why I started listening to RP long ago, you don't do enough of it as I'm concerned
Keb Mo is one of my favorites - would love to hear something from the earlier albums.
Pretty sweet! Reminds me of Robert Bradley. Used to see him sing in the alley of Greektown.
I liked "The Door" better, this one doesn't do much for me
Art_Carnage wrote:
Instantly forgettable.
I usually enjoy Keb and his dobro, but this is too sanitized and as above, Instantly forgetable. This is the white bread of blues music.
It's nice to hear one of my very few successful uploads played here at RP. :shifty:
Instantly forgettable.
Keb Mo - Let Your Light Shine Cracker - Shine hehe. I was waiting for Carbon Leaf's "Shine" bu tit didn't come. Oh well. Wouldn't have fit anyway. But this is why I love RP. :D Oh, I get it now. Willie Nelson - The Harder They Come has "as sure as the sun shines' in the lyrics!
Hits the spot :nodhead:
Mo' Mo' please. I love Keb', he is a very good song writer and guitar player. His lyrics are always positive and uplifting....something to make your spirit soar! "Get out the way and let your light shine" :sunny.gif:
Excellent recovery from the past few! WP and K'M...nice.
federico wrote:
blues music for white people (paraphrasing the great Screaming Jay Hawkins)
Gotta get them started on something. Before long they'll be dustin your broom!
blkstd wrote:
spent last saturday listening to all my keb mo' recordings. never gets old. he's pretty good live as well.
Keb' Mo' played the Ottawa bluesfest last summer. Definately a highlight for me. Great performance and excellent music.
blues music for white people (paraphrasing the great Screaming Jay Hawkins)
artmarcia wrote:
Yea! My very first upload to be played on the main channel. Love this uplifting song! Thanks Keb! Thanks Bill!
Thank you, artmarcia. I love this song, and I love your enthusiasm!
Damn...RP has a way of playing into the moment.I'd spell "physic" but I won't. :lol: 8
More MO please! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
spent last saturday listening to all my keb mo' recordings. never gets old. he's pretty good live as well.
Love the 'Mo!... An 8! Mo' please!
This song doesn't even come close to showing his talent with a slide but it's not bad.
Hate to hear singer strain on the top notes. He loses all melody and sounds squawky. Too bad, because his lower notes are nice. Why the heck didn't they just set the song down a few keys? The instrumentation is very nice by itself, though! :( :roll:
I love this song. A real uplifter.
Does anyone else think that the light percussion sounds like an MP3 "pop"?
Yea! My very first upload to be played on the main channel. Love this uplifting song! Thanks Keb! Thanks Bill!
I love Keb' Mo! Thanks..... His voice is so mellow.