[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]
Robert Plant — Morning Dew
Album: Dreamland
Avg rating:
6.7

Your rating:
Total ratings: 87









Released: 2002
Length: 4:19
Plays (last 30 days): 0
Walk me out in the morning dew, my honey
Walk me out in the morning dew today
Can't walk you out in the morning dew, my honey
Can't walk you out in the morning dew at all

Thought I heard a young girl cry, mama
Thought I heard a young girl cry today
Oh, I didn't hear no young girl crying, mama, mama, mama
I didn't hear no young girl cry at all

Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh

Thought I heard a young boy crying
Thought I heard a young boy cry today
Oh, I did not hear no young boy crying
Oh, I did not hear no young boy crying

Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh

Now, there's no more morning dew
Now, there's no more morning dew
What they've been saying all these years was true
Now, there's no more morning dew

No, no, no, no more
No, no, no, no more
No more morning dew
Oh, no more morning dew
Comments (26)add comment
Robert Plants greatest skill ever IMHO was the tambourine...1 again


"Morning Dew", also known as "(Walk Me Out in the) Morning Dew", is a post-apocalyptic folk-rock song written by Canadian singer Bonnie Dobson in 1962... this version is from Robert Plant's album Dreamland, released in 2002...

 

Give me Nazareth's version.  All others are weak and pale in comparison.
For  minute I thought this was Robert Plant.
I saw Plant tour with this album and the musicians were exceptional. Ended the night with a ca pela version of Song To The Siren, it was breathtaking!
Nice version.  Jerry's is better though.
miss the power chords of Jerry and Phil on this one...
artmarcia wrote:
I like this version, but also the Long John Baldry version--they are quite different.
I like the one by Long John Baldry much more.. To be honest, this version made me run to my cd's and play his version :music: :)
Killer
Angloray wrote:
It's so refreshing to hear these comments. Too often, IMHO, it feels like people dismiss aging artists just because they're not as powerful/influential/talented as they once were. But it's not their fault...people get older! The music they create in their later years is often the most interesting, introspective music too, because they're, well...older and wiser. Since their choices are either to disappear and rest on their laurels or to keep on making music, I'd rather them keep it up (as long as they don't embarrass themselves, that is. ;)) That's it.
Well said, a la Mick and the 'boys', Moody Blues, etc. Still holding on.
Grantus wrote:
Oh, well. Thanks for looking. I'll check it out.
Porl Thompson or Justin Adams according to (click here)
Relayer wrote:
Plant is da man. He can do any song and make it incredible.
Sorry. Just because he's 'Plant' doesn't give him a blank check. IMHO
Sorry, can't follow you here. I haven't heard the Allman Bros. version, but to me, it is the Dead or nothing. Even though Rbt. Plant had a great career with Led Zepplin, his cover of this song makes him sound like a loser on American Idol. Sad, sad, sad.
Gregorama wrote:
Too bad the falsetto wail seems to be gone, ala Dazed and Confused. I miss him belting them out.
Someone, who visited a concert of Robert Plant, told me he (like so many of his contemporaries) isn't able to hit those high notes anymore. At least not at once. Instead he's working his way up to reach them. Kind of funny, but a bit sad as well. On the other hand, like Federico commented, his voice has gained deepness.
Nice version of this song, but my favorite is not from the Dead but an Allman Brothers version that I have on thier Dreams compilation.
Gregorama wrote:
Too bad the falsetto wail seems to be gone, ala Dazed and Confused. I miss him belting them out.
I beg to differ - his falsetto is what keeps me from buying zepp cds. His voice is much bluesier now, and this a Good Thing (tm)
It's so refreshing to hear these comments. Too often, IMHO, it feels like people dismiss aging artists just because they're not as powerful/influential/talented as they once were. But it's not their fault...people get older! The music they create in their later years is often the most interesting, introspective music too, because they're, well...older and wiser. Since their choices are either to disappear and rest on their laurels or to keep on making music, I'd rather them keep it up (as long as they don't embarrass themselves, that is. ;)) That's it.
scionick wrote:
Dunno, good question. I'll check it out on allmusic. EDIT: Eh, couldn't figure it out. D:
Oh, well. Thanks for looking. I'll check it out.
Grantus wrote:
I miss him belting out songs too, but you can only do that for so long. This is good - guitar work sounds a bit Pagey. . .who is it?
Dunno, good question. I'll check it out on allmusic. EDIT: Eh, couldn't figure it out. D:
I miss him belting out songs too, but you can only do that for so long. This is good - guitar work sounds a bit Pagey. . .who is it?
I really like what Robert's been doing these days. Saw him on that PBS show, "Austin City Limits" playing old Zepp favorites and some new stuff. His well-aged voice works quite a bit better on the new stuff. "Down to the Sea" is another good one from his new stuff. And so is "Darkness Darkness."
I like this version, but also the Long John Baldry version--they are quite different.
Too bad the falsetto wail seems to be gone, ala Dazed and Confused. I miss him belting them out.
Pretty cool, especially the sitar. But this song can be downright heartbreaking when Jerry is singing it. I was wondering who the original artist was, here is the answer: "written by Canadian folk singer Bonnie Dobson, but made famous by the Dead"
Plant is da man. He can do any song and make it incredible.
robert plant's voice is undeniably right you may not agree, but you are wrong