[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Trump - Red_Dragon - Feb 22, 2020 - 7:12pm
 
Bernie Sanders - R_P - Feb 22, 2020 - 6:42pm
 
What are you listening to now? - sirdroseph - Feb 22, 2020 - 6:28pm
 
Radio Paradise Comments - haresfur - Feb 22, 2020 - 5:10pm
 
Local Scandals, politics and news - R_P - Feb 22, 2020 - 1:58pm
 
New Music - R_P - Feb 22, 2020 - 1:16pm
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - oldviolin - Feb 22, 2020 - 1:13pm
 
Acid Tongue Protest! - jtessier1841 - Feb 22, 2020 - 1:12pm
 
Favourite Movie Scene - sirdroseph - Feb 22, 2020 - 9:17am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Feb 22, 2020 - 9:06am
 
What makes you smile? - triskele - Feb 22, 2020 - 6:43am
 
Play the Blues - sirdroseph - Feb 22, 2020 - 6:08am
 
Baseball, anyone? - zevon - Feb 22, 2020 - 5:05am
 
Florida - Ohmsen - Feb 21, 2020 - 5:55pm
 
Show us your NEW _______________!!!! - Antigone - Feb 21, 2020 - 5:44pm
 
Bad News / Good News - haresfur - Feb 21, 2020 - 5:12pm
 
Iran - R_P - Feb 21, 2020 - 4:29pm
 
Thanks to BillG & Rebecca! - hayduke2 - Feb 21, 2020 - 3:13pm
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - miamizsun - Feb 21, 2020 - 2:45pm
 
Climate Change - R_P - Feb 21, 2020 - 2:24pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - R_P - Feb 21, 2020 - 1:59pm
 
Happy RP Anniversary! - the_jake - Feb 21, 2020 - 1:43pm
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Feb 21, 2020 - 1:35pm
 
Sonos - jarro - Feb 21, 2020 - 1:29pm
 
Live Music - Ohmsen - Feb 21, 2020 - 12:03pm
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - Feb 21, 2020 - 11:51am
 
songs that ROCK! - Ohmsen - Feb 21, 2020 - 11:30am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - rmgman - Feb 21, 2020 - 11:24am
 
Make Scott laugh - Red_Dragon - Feb 21, 2020 - 10:22am
 
Republican Party - Red_Dragon - Feb 21, 2020 - 8:25am
 
Democratic Party - ColdMiser - Feb 21, 2020 - 7:21am
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - ColdMiser - Feb 21, 2020 - 7:07am
 
Trump Lies - R_P - Feb 20, 2020 - 4:17pm
 
Family Ties - Manbird - Feb 20, 2020 - 4:02pm
 
Irony 101 - Manbird - Feb 20, 2020 - 1:21pm
 
Little known information...maybe even facts - Manbird - Feb 20, 2020 - 1:18pm
 
Tech & Science - dischuckin - Feb 20, 2020 - 12:02pm
 
Museum Of Bad Album Covers - Red_Dragon - Feb 20, 2020 - 10:36am
 
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest - Red_Dragon - Feb 20, 2020 - 9:59am
 
President Elizabeth Warren - cc_rider - Feb 20, 2020 - 9:03am
 
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing - oldviolin - Feb 20, 2020 - 8:53am
 
Ridiculously easy things to do - miamizsun - Feb 20, 2020 - 5:08am
 
Automotive Lust - miamizsun - Feb 20, 2020 - 4:11am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - BillG - Feb 19, 2020 - 6:04pm
 
The House I Want (Today) - Antigone - Feb 19, 2020 - 4:05pm
 
Canada - westslope - Feb 19, 2020 - 1:38pm
 
WikiLeaks - R_P - Feb 19, 2020 - 11:55am
 
Military Matters - R_P - Feb 19, 2020 - 11:39am
 
Sweet horrible irony. - Steely_D - Feb 19, 2020 - 10:05am
 
What Makes You Laugh? - ScottFromWyoming - Feb 19, 2020 - 8:19am
 
Celebrity Face Recognition - Proclivities - Feb 19, 2020 - 7:18am
 
Need A Thread Killed? - Coaxial - Feb 19, 2020 - 6:49am
 
You might be getting old if...... - Coaxial - Feb 19, 2020 - 6:47am
 
Things You Thought Today - sirdroseph - Feb 19, 2020 - 4:47am
 
The Obituary Page - R_P - Feb 18, 2020 - 8:57pm
 
Preferred media player? - westslope - Feb 18, 2020 - 7:48pm
 
the Todd Rundgren topic - Steely_D - Feb 18, 2020 - 7:22pm
 
Cuba - R_P - Feb 18, 2020 - 4:40pm
 
Israel - R_P - Feb 18, 2020 - 4:21pm
 
Venezuela - miamizsun - Feb 18, 2020 - 4:05pm
 
Health Care Reform - miamizsun - Feb 18, 2020 - 4:02pm
 
What Makes You Sad? - BlueHeronDruid - Feb 18, 2020 - 3:13pm
 
Other Medical Stuff - haresfur - Feb 18, 2020 - 2:31pm
 
Drinking Establishments - miamizsun - Feb 18, 2020 - 2:28pm
 
Maps • Google • GeoGuessr - haresfur - Feb 18, 2020 - 2:16pm
 
Squirrel proof bird feeder? - miamizsun - Feb 18, 2020 - 2:09pm
 
Logos for alt streams? - miamizsun - Feb 18, 2020 - 2:07pm
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - miamizsun - Feb 18, 2020 - 7:54am
 
RP 20th anniversary, Feb 2020 - sunybuny - Feb 18, 2020 - 5:43am
 
Recommended documentaries - sirdroseph - Feb 18, 2020 - 5:21am
 
Reviews and Pix from your concerts and shows you couldn't... - ScottFromWyoming - Feb 17, 2020 - 6:43pm
 
how do you feel right now? - GeneP59 - Feb 17, 2020 - 4:08pm
 
Google Home - jarro - Feb 16, 2020 - 1:00pm
 
Back to the 90's - R_P - Feb 15, 2020 - 7:34pm
 
March Of The Locusts - R_P - Feb 15, 2020 - 3:31pm
 
Index » Internet/Computer » The Web » Graphs, Charts & Maps Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Post to this Topic
Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 7, 2020 - 6:36am


R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 31, 2020 - 12:49pm


miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 28, 2020 - 4:41am

 Red_Dragon wrote:
Nah; it's those damned iquanas.
 


we call it chicken of the trees

bbq? try garrobo on a stick
ColdMiser

ColdMiser Avatar

Location: On the Trail
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 27, 2020 - 5:37pm



 kurtster wrote:
I love how every state surrounding New Jersey hates NJ and NJ hates Everyone . I've lived half my life in NJ and the only state I can honestly say I hate is Connecticut. 


sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 27, 2020 - 12:02pm

 miamizsun wrote:

alabama, georgia and florida all hate florida?  {#Lol}

alabama hates us because we ripped them off on coastline

georgia hates us because of a sports rivalry

not sure why floridians hate florida

probably florida man
 
Well I live in Georgia now and have lived in Florida before though I am from South Carolina and I can tell you the whole southeast is Florida, man.{#Lol}
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 27, 2020 - 11:59am

 Proclivities wrote:


 kurtster wrote:
 
Looks pretty accurate judging by my experiences except maybe So. Carolina - hates Ohio most?  The New England states seem accurate for sure.  NJ hates "everyone"?  

 
Isn't that Nebraska for South Carolina which is even stranger. {#Lol}  Ok I can see the subtle shades of purple and it appears it is Ohio.  I am from South Carolina and I don't get the Ohio  either, I thought we would have completed the clean sweep of Florida.
Steely_D

Steely_D Avatar

Location: Biscayne Bay
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 27, 2020 - 11:54am



 miamizsun wrote:

alabama, georgia and florida all hate florida?  
{#Lol}


alabama hates us because we ripped them off on coastline

georgia hates us because of a sports rivalry

not sure why floridians hate florida

probably florida man
 

Asia’s crowded. Europe’s too old.
Africa is far too hot and Canada’s too cold.
South America stole our name.
Let’s drop the big one; there’ll be no one left to blame us.

Let’s save Australia. Don’t want to hurt no kangaroo.
We’ll build an all American amusement park there. 
They’ve got surfin’ too! 


Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Jan 27, 2020 - 11:43am

 miamizsun wrote:

alabama, georgia and florida all hate florida?  {#Lol}

alabama hates us because we ripped them off on coastline

georgia hates us because of a sports rivalry

not sure why floridians hate florida

probably florida man
 
Nah; it's those damned iquanas.
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 27, 2020 - 11:14am

 Proclivities wrote:


 kurtster wrote:
 
Looks pretty accurate judging by my experiences except maybe So. Carolina - hates Ohio most?  The New England states seem accurate for sure.  NJ hates "everyone"?  

 
alabama, georgia and florida all hate florida?  {#Lol}

alabama hates us because we ripped them off on coastline

georgia hates us because of a sports rivalry

not sure why floridians hate florida

probably florida man
black321

black321 Avatar

Location: A sunset in the desert
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 27, 2020 - 10:37am



 cc_rider wrote:


 black321 wrote:

 R_P wrote:

 
If ur in NY or CA, ur pretty much screwed. 

 
I don't see it that way at all. Sure, NY and CA have high tax rates, but the important thing is how equitable they are. In Texas for example, property taxes and sales tax substitute for income tax. Sales taxes are notoriously regressive, although Texas includes a number of non-taxed items like staple foods.

Property taxes in Texas are unrelated to the property owners' ability to pay. That's the crux of the problem. Certainly a big part of why we're #2 in taxation inequity.

Families are being forced out of their homes because they cannot pay their ever-increasing property taxes. Wages are stagnant or slow-growing, but property taxes go up every year. You're supposed to sell and move? To where? Housing costs are skyrocketing, with no end in sight. People on fixed incomes, what are they supposed to do? Get a job? Many are retired or disabled, unable to work. Their house is often their only asset, but the State takes a larger and larger chunk of their meager income every year. Renters do not escape the bind either, because landlords pass along their tax burden to them.

Texas has always been proud of its no-income-tax status, but that hubris has come around in a cruel way, constantly squeezing people more and more. Which puts more strain on social services, which are funded by property taxes...

If you make a lot of money, you should pay a fair percentage in taxes. If you don't make much money, or are dependent on the government (retired, disabled), you shouldn't pay as high a percentage. But property taxes DON'T CARE how much money you make. They demand more and more every year. It's grossly unfair, as the handy chart suggests.

my rant is over...
c.


 

got ur point, Tx is less equitable. NY and Ca less so, but still worse than average across the board.  
The median home value on long island is about $375k, with very few options below $250k. For the median home, you're also paying about $9-$10k in property taxes, sales tax close to 9% and income tax from 4%-8.8%.  CA is worse from an income tax and ownership perspective...higher real estate prices. But they seem to have more affordable rental options.
cc_rider

cc_rider Avatar

Location: Bastrop
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 27, 2020 - 10:07am



 black321 wrote:

 R_P wrote:

 
If ur in NY or CA, ur pretty much screwed. 

 
I don't see it that way at all. Sure, NY and CA have high tax rates, but the important thing is how equitable they are. In Texas for example, property taxes and sales tax substitute for income tax. Sales taxes are notoriously regressive, although Texas includes a number of non-taxed items like staple foods.

Property taxes in Texas are unrelated to the property owners' ability to pay. That's the crux of the problem. Certainly a big part of why we're #2 in taxation inequity.

Families are being forced out of their homes because they cannot pay their ever-increasing property taxes. Wages are stagnant or slow-growing, but property taxes go up every year. You're supposed to sell and move? To where? Housing costs are skyrocketing, with no end in sight. People on fixed incomes, what are they supposed to do? Get a job? Many are retired or disabled, unable to work. Their house is often their only asset, but the State takes a larger and larger chunk of their meager income every year. Renters do not escape the bind either, because landlords pass along their tax burden to them.

Texas has always been proud of its no-income-tax status, but that hubris has come around in a cruel way, constantly squeezing people more and more. Which puts more strain on social services, which are funded by property taxes...

If you make a lot of money, you should pay a fair percentage in taxes. If you don't make much money, or are dependent on the government (retired, disabled), you shouldn't pay as high a percentage. But property taxes DON'T CARE how much money you make. They demand more and more every year. It's grossly unfair, as the handy chart suggests.

my rant is over...
c.


Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 27, 2020 - 9:42am



 kurtster wrote:
 
Looks pretty accurate judging by my experiences except maybe So. Carolina - hates Ohio most?  The New England states seem accurate for sure.  NJ hates "everyone"?  

kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: drifting
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 27, 2020 - 9:38am

black321

black321 Avatar

Location: A sunset in the desert
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 24, 2020 - 9:44am


black321

black321 Avatar

Location: A sunset in the desert
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 23, 2020 - 6:10pm



 R_P wrote:

 
If ur in NY or CA, ur pretty much screwed. 

ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 23, 2020 - 3:39pm



 R_P wrote:

 

Welcome to the neighborhood, Kanye!
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 23, 2020 - 3:31pm


R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Dec 21, 2019 - 2:23pm

Once Upon a Time: Tracing the world’s four oldest fairy tales

ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Dec 8, 2019 - 6:13pm

What each country leads the world in
https://www.indexmundi.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/what-each-country-leads-the-world-in3.png

Proclivities

Proclivities Avatar

Location: Paris of the Piedmont
Gender: Male


Posted: Nov 25, 2019 - 10:13am


Not sure why certain states have "no data" showing.  NC is 2.935% according to my calculations from their State Agricultural Overview.

Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next