[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

Things You Thought Today - Red_Dragon - Feb 23, 2020 - 6:26pm
 
Evolution! - jahgirl8 - Feb 23, 2020 - 5:05pm
 
260,000 Posts in one thread? - oldviolin - Feb 23, 2020 - 4:53pm
 
Live Music - jahgirl8 - Feb 23, 2020 - 4:40pm
 
Acid Tongue Protest! - jahgirl8 - Feb 23, 2020 - 4:31pm
 
Automotive Lust - jahgirl8 - Feb 23, 2020 - 3:24pm
 
Pick a sport, any sport - jahgirl8 - Feb 23, 2020 - 3:14pm
 
The Obituary Page - jahgirl8 - Feb 23, 2020 - 3:10pm
 
Environment - westslope - Feb 23, 2020 - 2:22pm
 
The Best Margaritas! - haresfur - Feb 23, 2020 - 2:12pm
 
Trump - westslope - Feb 23, 2020 - 1:52pm
 
What are you listening to now? - westslope - Feb 23, 2020 - 1:48pm
 
Bernie Sanders - R_P - Feb 23, 2020 - 1:46pm
 
American Oil Strikes Again - Red_Dragon - Feb 23, 2020 - 1:01pm
 
2020 Elections - R_P - Feb 23, 2020 - 11:46am
 
Play the Blues - Ohmsen - Feb 23, 2020 - 11:05am
 
Baseball, anyone? - JrzyTmata - Feb 23, 2020 - 10:31am
 
Climate Change - Red_Dragon - Feb 23, 2020 - 9:29am
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - SeriousLee - Feb 23, 2020 - 9:28am
 
Interesting or Weird Cover Versions - SeriousLee - Feb 23, 2020 - 7:36am
 
Movie Quote - SeriousLee - Feb 23, 2020 - 7:34am
 
::yesterday:: - SeriousLee - Feb 23, 2020 - 7:27am
 
Radio Paradise Comments - SeriousLee - Feb 23, 2020 - 7:07am
 
Hockey + Fantasy Hockey - SeriousLee - Feb 23, 2020 - 5:46am
 
Local Scandals, politics and news - R_P - Feb 22, 2020 - 1:58pm
 
New Music - R_P - Feb 22, 2020 - 1:16pm
 
Favourite Movie Scene - sirdroseph - Feb 22, 2020 - 9:17am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Feb 22, 2020 - 9:06am
 
What makes you smile? - triskele - Feb 22, 2020 - 6:43am
 
Florida - Ohmsen - Feb 21, 2020 - 5:55pm
 
Show us your NEW _______________!!!! - Antigone - Feb 21, 2020 - 5:44pm
 
Bad News / Good News - haresfur - Feb 21, 2020 - 5:12pm
 
Iran - R_P - Feb 21, 2020 - 4:29pm
 
Thanks to BillG & Rebecca! - hayduke2 - Feb 21, 2020 - 3:13pm
 
Gotta Get Your Drink On - miamizsun - Feb 21, 2020 - 2:45pm
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - R_P - Feb 21, 2020 - 1:59pm
 
Happy RP Anniversary! - the_jake - Feb 21, 2020 - 1:43pm
 
Counting with Pictures - ScottN - Feb 21, 2020 - 1:35pm
 
Sonos - jarro - Feb 21, 2020 - 1:29pm
 
Strips, cartoons, illustrations - R_P - Feb 21, 2020 - 11:51am
 
songs that ROCK! - Ohmsen - Feb 21, 2020 - 11:30am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - rmgman - Feb 21, 2020 - 11:24am
 
Make Scott laugh - Red_Dragon - Feb 21, 2020 - 10:22am
 
Republican Party - Red_Dragon - Feb 21, 2020 - 8:25am
 
Democratic Party - ColdMiser - Feb 21, 2020 - 7:21am
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - ColdMiser - Feb 21, 2020 - 7:07am
 
Trump Lies - R_P - Feb 20, 2020 - 4:17pm
 
Family Ties - Manbird - Feb 20, 2020 - 4:02pm
 
Irony 101 - Manbird - Feb 20, 2020 - 1:21pm
 
Little known information...maybe even facts - Manbird - Feb 20, 2020 - 1:18pm
 
Tech & Science - dischuckin - Feb 20, 2020 - 12:02pm
 
Museum Of Bad Album Covers - Red_Dragon - Feb 20, 2020 - 10:36am
 
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest - Red_Dragon - Feb 20, 2020 - 9:59am
 
President Elizabeth Warren - cc_rider - Feb 20, 2020 - 9:03am
 
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing - oldviolin - Feb 20, 2020 - 8:53am
 
Ridiculously easy things to do - miamizsun - Feb 20, 2020 - 5:08am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - BillG - Feb 19, 2020 - 6:04pm
 
The House I Want (Today) - Antigone - Feb 19, 2020 - 4:05pm
 
Canada - westslope - Feb 19, 2020 - 1:38pm
 
WikiLeaks - R_P - Feb 19, 2020 - 11:55am
 
Military Matters - R_P - Feb 19, 2020 - 11:39am
 
Sweet horrible irony. - Steely_D - Feb 19, 2020 - 10:05am
 
What Makes You Laugh? - ScottFromWyoming - Feb 19, 2020 - 8:19am
 
Celebrity Face Recognition - Proclivities - Feb 19, 2020 - 7:18am
 
Need A Thread Killed? - Coaxial - Feb 19, 2020 - 6:49am
 
You might be getting old if...... - Coaxial - Feb 19, 2020 - 6:47am
 
Preferred media player? - westslope - Feb 18, 2020 - 7:48pm
 
the Todd Rundgren topic - Steely_D - Feb 18, 2020 - 7:22pm
 
Cuba - R_P - Feb 18, 2020 - 4:40pm
 
Israel - R_P - Feb 18, 2020 - 4:21pm
 
Venezuela - miamizsun - Feb 18, 2020 - 4:05pm
 
Health Care Reform - miamizsun - Feb 18, 2020 - 4:02pm
 
What Makes You Sad? - BlueHeronDruid - Feb 18, 2020 - 3:13pm
 
Other Medical Stuff - haresfur - Feb 18, 2020 - 2:31pm
 
Drinking Establishments - miamizsun - Feb 18, 2020 - 2:28pm
 
Index » Regional/Local » Africa/Middle East » Iran Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Post to this Topic
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Feb 21, 2020 - 4:29pm

Iranians go to polls as hard-liners expect big win
jahgirl8

jahgirl8 Avatar



Posted: Jan 24, 2020 - 2:32pm

Obama, much as I love him, SHOULD HAVE BEEN SMARTER ABOUT MANY THINGS!

 haresfur wrote:


 miamizsun wrote:
let's hope so...

Iran's Theocracy Will Collapse Because of People Like Kimia Alizadeh

The nation's only female Olympic medalist says she has permanently left the Islamic Republic due to the oppression of women.

The killing of Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani by the United States military will understandably dominate headlines for weeks if not months to come.

But the actual demise of the authoritarian regime that's been in power since 1979 will come more from acts like the one taken by Kimia Alizadeh, Iran's only female Olympic medalist. Late last week, the bronze medalist in Taekwondo in the 2016 Summer Games announced via Instagram that she has fled her home country due to the systematic oppression of women. Via CNN:

"Let me start with a greeting, a farewell or condolences," the 21-year-old wrote in an Instagram post explaining why she was defecting. "I am one of the millions of oppressed women in Iran who they have been playing with for years."…

"They took me wherever they wanted. I wore whatever they said. Every sentence they ordered me to say, I repeated. Whenever they saw fit, they exploited me," she wrote, adding that credit for her success always went to those in charge.

"I wasn't important to them. None of us mattered to them, we were tools," Alizadeh added, explaining that while the regime celebrated her medals, it criticized the sport she had chosen: "The virtue of a woman is not to stretch her legs!"


 
I think one of the lessons of the Arab Spring is that western countries have very limited ability to influence the events and it is probably better to lay low in most cases. That seems particularly true about Iran. Obama should have been a lot smarter about Libya and Syria. Egypt, too.

 


jahgirl8

jahgirl8 Avatar



Posted: Jan 24, 2020 - 2:30pm



 R_P wrote:
 
Good. This pussy shit is freaking me out. Y'all are a trip.



R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 24, 2020 - 1:31pm

Next on Trump's kill list...
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 21, 2020 - 12:33pm

How Britain helped Iran’s Islamic regime destroy the left-wing opposition
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 14, 2020 - 8:08pm

“Iran Must Begin Acting Like A Normal Nation,” Says Totally Normal Nation
Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Jan 14, 2020 - 3:35pm

 haresfur wrote:

lessons from the Arab Spring

 
Ah, thanks.
haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 14, 2020 - 3:30pm



 Red_Dragon wrote:

Strictly speaking any "spring" in Iran can't be described as Arab. Iranians are not Arabs, ethnically speaking. Jus' sayin'.
 
lessons from the Arab Spring

Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Jan 14, 2020 - 3:10pm

 haresfur wrote:
 
I think one of the lessons of the Arab Spring is that western countries have very limited ability to influence the events and it is probably better to lay low in most cases. That seems particularly true about Iran. Obama should have been a lot smarter about Libya and Syria. Egypt, too.

 
Strictly speaking any "spring" in Iran can't be described as Arab. Iranians are not Arabs, ethnically speaking. Jus' sayin'.
haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 14, 2020 - 3:04pm



 miamizsun wrote:
let's hope so...

Iran's Theocracy Will Collapse Because of People Like Kimia Alizadeh

The nation's only female Olympic medalist says she has permanently left the Islamic Republic due to the oppression of women.

The killing of Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani by the United States military will understandably dominate headlines for weeks if not months to come.

But the actual demise of the authoritarian regime that's been in power since 1979 will come more from acts like the one taken by Kimia Alizadeh, Iran's only female Olympic medalist. Late last week, the bronze medalist in Taekwondo in the 2016 Summer Games announced via Instagram that she has fled her home country due to the systematic oppression of women. Via CNN:

"Let me start with a greeting, a farewell or condolences," the 21-year-old wrote in an Instagram post explaining why she was defecting. "I am one of the millions of oppressed women in Iran who they have been playing with for years."…

"They took me wherever they wanted. I wore whatever they said. Every sentence they ordered me to say, I repeated. Whenever they saw fit, they exploited me," she wrote, adding that credit for her success always went to those in charge.

"I wasn't important to them. None of us mattered to them, we were tools," Alizadeh added, explaining that while the regime celebrated her medals, it criticized the sport she had chosen: "The virtue of a woman is not to stretch her legs!"


 
I think one of the lessons of the Arab Spring is that western countries have very limited ability to influence the events and it is probably better to lay low in most cases. That seems particularly true about Iran. Obama should have been a lot smarter about Libya and Syria. Egypt, too.

miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 14, 2020 - 5:16am

let's hope so...

Iran's Theocracy Will Collapse Because of People Like Kimia Alizadeh

The nation's only female Olympic medalist says she has permanently left the Islamic Republic due to the oppression of women.

The killing of Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani by the United States military will understandably dominate headlines for weeks if not months to come.

But the actual demise of the authoritarian regime that's been in power since 1979 will come more from acts like the one taken by Kimia Alizadeh, Iran's only female Olympic medalist. Late last week, the bronze medalist in Taekwondo in the 2016 Summer Games announced via Instagram that she has fled her home country due to the systematic oppression of women. Via CNN:

"Let me start with a greeting, a farewell or condolences," the 21-year-old wrote in an Instagram post explaining why she was defecting. "I am one of the millions of oppressed women in Iran who they have been playing with for years."…

"They took me wherever they wanted. I wore whatever they said. Every sentence they ordered me to say, I repeated. Whenever they saw fit, they exploited me," she wrote, adding that credit for her success always went to those in charge.

"I wasn't important to them. None of us mattered to them, we were tools," Alizadeh added, explaining that while the regime celebrated her medals, it criticized the sport she had chosen: "The virtue of a woman is not to stretch her legs!"


Red_Dragon

Red_Dragon Avatar



Posted: Jan 8, 2020 - 9:11am

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 8, 2020 - 5:26am

Ok regardless of your political persuasion or opinion of that General dude, it doesn't take a 2 year old to do the cost-benefit analysis and know this was a ridiculous move.{#Eek}  I got no love for those Mullah assholes, but I do have sympathy for the Persians who suffer under their oppression.  There is no way to put lipstick on this pig.{#Frustrated}
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 7, 2020 - 9:12pm


180 dead in Tehran-to-Kiev crash (link to fireball video)
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 6, 2020 - 8:59am



 miamizsun wrote:


did bolton really leave this admin?

because it doesn't feel like it...


 
And here he was, seemingly about to testify in the impeachment hearings. Now he's living his dream again, so will he stand down on that Ukraine business? Tune in tomorrow...

sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 6, 2020 - 5:54am

 miamizsun wrote:


did bolton really leave this admin?

because it doesn't feel like it...
 
Well at least the long dormant anti war movement now has proper political motivation.{#Think}
miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 6, 2020 - 4:55am

 miamizsun wrote:
seems like some sort of low grade conflict in the ME has been going on for eons

"when administrations get into trouble politically they will make the eagle scream"

˜ chalmers johnson
 

did bolton really leave this admin?

because it doesn't feel like it...


oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 5, 2019 - 3:03pm



 sirdroseph wrote:

Then did it?
 

Nope. It was still mistaken...
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Aug 5, 2019 - 5:35am

 oldviolin wrote:
um, wait ...
they kinda did but we didn't learn anything from the mistaken belief that it mattered...
 
Then did it?
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Aug 4, 2019 - 3:42pm

 kurtster wrote:
Tell that to Colin Kaepernick ...

But yeah, sad.  It could be a bridge building thing to let him compete.
 
Tell that to NASCAR...

Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47  Next