[ ]   [ ]   [ ]                        [ ]      [ ]   [ ]

NETFLIX - Manbird - Feb 24, 2021 - 10:51pm
 
Steven Wilson - westslope - Feb 24, 2021 - 6:42pm
 
COVID-19 - Lazy8 - Feb 24, 2021 - 6:10pm
 
RP works great with LMS - SqueezeGuy - Feb 24, 2021 - 4:04pm
 
Radio Paradise Comments - miamizsun - Feb 24, 2021 - 2:54pm
 
World Music - deltaindia - Feb 24, 2021 - 2:47pm
 
Mars Exploration Rover Mission Status - R_P - Feb 24, 2021 - 2:33pm
 
volcano! - geoff_morphini - Feb 24, 2021 - 1:52pm
 
Gardeners Corner - westslope - Feb 24, 2021 - 1:33pm
 
ALAC Stream Links? - rwyatt - Feb 24, 2021 - 1:32pm
 
Regarding cats - westslope - Feb 24, 2021 - 1:23pm
 
I am Thinking of: - oldviolin - Feb 24, 2021 - 1:20pm
 
Climate Change - NoEnzLefttoSplit - Feb 24, 2021 - 1:05pm
 
How's the weather? - GeneP59 - Feb 24, 2021 - 12:59pm
 
Baseball, anyone? - ScottFromWyoming - Feb 24, 2021 - 12:55pm
 
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos - deltaindia - Feb 24, 2021 - 12:41pm
 
Race in America - R_P - Feb 24, 2021 - 11:37am
 
Crazy conspiracy theories - R_P - Feb 24, 2021 - 11:28am
 
Acoustic Guitar - rhahl - Feb 24, 2021 - 11:16am
 
Capitalism and Consumerism... now what? - ScottFromWyoming - Feb 24, 2021 - 10:23am
 
Offline Cache not working anymore - jarro - Feb 24, 2021 - 9:26am
 
Trump - westslope - Feb 24, 2021 - 9:05am
 
The No Phone Zone - Proclivities - Feb 24, 2021 - 6:56am
 
LeftWingNutZ - islander - Feb 24, 2021 - 6:35am
 
Today in History - Red_Dragon - Feb 24, 2021 - 5:06am
 
Those Lovable Policemen - haresfur - Feb 24, 2021 - 12:55am
 
The All-Things Beatles Forum - kurtster - Feb 23, 2021 - 10:54pm
 
Vinyl Only Spin List - kurtster - Feb 23, 2021 - 7:14pm
 
American Justice - Red_Dragon - Feb 23, 2021 - 6:49pm
 
Questions. - Red_Dragon - Feb 23, 2021 - 6:32pm
 
Movie Quote - Antigone - Feb 23, 2021 - 3:56pm
 
Name My Band - rgio - Feb 23, 2021 - 12:26pm
 
• • • BRING OUT YOUR DEAD • • •  - sirdroseph - Feb 23, 2021 - 12:18pm
 
Marijuana: Baked News. - JrzyTmata - Feb 23, 2021 - 12:05pm
 
The Obituary Page - cc_rider - Feb 23, 2021 - 9:52am
 
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •  - Proclivities - Feb 23, 2021 - 9:36am
 
Bug Reports & Feature Requests - jarro - Feb 23, 2021 - 8:53am
 
Counting with Pictures - Proclivities - Feb 23, 2021 - 6:46am
 
Automotive Lust - kurtster - Feb 22, 2021 - 5:29pm
 
Photos you have taken of yourself - Ohmsen - Feb 22, 2021 - 4:46pm
 
Messages in a bottle. - Ohmsen - Feb 22, 2021 - 4:33pm
 
What did you have for lunch? - Ohmsen - Feb 22, 2021 - 4:03pm
 
2020 Elections - R_P - Feb 22, 2021 - 12:51pm
 
Ted Cruz - ScottFromWyoming - Feb 22, 2021 - 12:47pm
 
Trump Lies - R_P - Feb 22, 2021 - 12:09pm
 
Israel - R_P - Feb 22, 2021 - 11:47am
 
What is the meaning of this? - GeneP59 - Feb 22, 2021 - 9:19am
 
Brave Browser - rgio - Feb 22, 2021 - 8:12am
 
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously - Red_Dragon - Feb 22, 2021 - 6:16am
 
YouTube: Music-Videos - Steely_D - Feb 21, 2021 - 12:38pm
 
Kodi Addon - ScottFromWyoming - Feb 21, 2021 - 11:58am
 
Great Old Songs You Rarely Hear Anymore - Zep - Feb 21, 2021 - 11:53am
 
songs that ROCK! - rhahl - Feb 21, 2021 - 10:44am
 
the Todd Rundgren topic - miamizsun - Feb 21, 2021 - 10:16am
 
Madonna's latest - miamizsun - Feb 21, 2021 - 8:15am
 
New Music - Proclivities - Feb 21, 2021 - 6:38am
 
Guns - Red_Dragon - Feb 20, 2021 - 8:10pm
 
Get the Quote - Red_Dragon - Feb 20, 2021 - 5:30pm
 
Career Opportunities - GeneP59 - Feb 20, 2021 - 4:05pm
 
Thanks, Grizzly Bear! - Red_Dragon - Feb 20, 2021 - 1:17pm
 
Outstanding Covers - sirdroseph - Feb 20, 2021 - 9:28am
 
Mixtape Culture Club - Lazy8 - Feb 20, 2021 - 9:26am
 
Queen - Red_Dragon - Feb 20, 2021 - 6:31am
 
Classical Music - rhahl - Feb 19, 2021 - 6:47am
 
what the hell, miamizsun? - sunybuny - Feb 19, 2021 - 5:58am
 
A Brave Woman - sirdroseph - Feb 19, 2021 - 5:23am
 
Whatever happened to Taco Wagon? - miamizsun - Feb 19, 2021 - 4:45am
 
Immigration - sirdroseph - Feb 19, 2021 - 4:39am
 
Terrorist Watch! - sirdroseph - Feb 19, 2021 - 3:17am
 
Questions I'd like to ask at tonight's debate - sirdroseph - Feb 19, 2021 - 3:12am
 
Republican Party - R_P - Feb 18, 2021 - 8:24pm
 
I play the drums... - KarmaKarma - Feb 18, 2021 - 8:04pm
 
NASA & other news from space - GeneP59 - Feb 18, 2021 - 6:30pm
 
China - Ohmsen - Feb 18, 2021 - 4:17pm
 
Pictures you have taken of your feet. *snort* - Ohmsen - Feb 18, 2021 - 3:39pm
 
Index » Radio Paradise/General » General Discussion » Our tolerance for opposing views Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Post to this Topic
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Feb 6, 2021 - 11:47am

miamizsun

miamizsun Avatar

Location: (3261.3 Miles SE of RP)
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 28, 2021 - 6:52pm



 Manbird wrote:
zero
 
+1

oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 28, 2021 - 4:41pm



 Manbird wrote:
zero
 
Because your big head is why.
Manbird

Manbird Avatar

Location: Oroville, Ca
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 28, 2021 - 4:38pm

zero
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 27, 2021 - 11:48am

Love this young man, gives me hope for our future:
 
sirdroseph

sirdroseph Avatar

Location: Yes
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 26, 2021 - 4:42am

oldviolin

oldviolin Avatar

Location: esse quam videri
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 25, 2021 - 12:14pm


kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 22, 2021 - 5:27am

 islander wrote:


 kurtster wrote:

I'll be thinking about who you voted for every time you pull up to the fuel dock to fill up as the price of diesel keeps going up and up and up ...

There's real wealth redistribution in action ! 

I'm sure that the rag baggers are laughing at you openly now ...
 

You've apparently never priced out a set of sails, or had to refit standard rigging. What kind of yachts are you hanging about? 

Honestly, I do like the blow boats. But I also like 400 gallons of freshwater and hot showers. 
 
I'm not worried about either group quite frankly.   This is just another rich white man's first world problem anyway ...  It is not something for the poor unwashed to engage in.

The rag bags can go anywhere though and you can't go any farther from a fuel dock than the limits of your fuel capacity.


islander

islander Avatar

Location: Seattle
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 21, 2021 - 9:36pm



 kurtster wrote:

I'll be thinking about who you voted for every time you pull up to the fuel dock to fill up as the price of diesel keeps going up and up and up ...

There's real wealth redistribution in action ! 

I'm sure that the rag baggers are laughing at you openly now ...
 

You've apparently never priced out a set of sails, or had to refit standard rigging. What kind of yachts are you hanging about? 

Honestly, I do like the blow boats. But I also like 400 gallons of freshwater and hot showers. 
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 21, 2021 - 9:14pm

 islander wrote:


 kurtster wrote:

Not taking your bait. 
 
Do as you like. It's not fishing season, so you're pretty safe. 
 
I'll be thinking about who you voted for every time you pull up to the fuel dock to fill up as the price of diesel keeps going up and up and up ...

There's real wealth redistribution in action ! 

I'm sure that the rag baggers are laughing at you openly now ...
R_P

R_P Avatar



Posted: Jan 21, 2021 - 9:03pm

 kurtster wrote:
I voted for Trump both times.  Not against anyone.
 
I'm saving your confession for the Secret Deplorable Police.
islander

islander Avatar

Location: Seattle
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 21, 2021 - 9:01pm



 kurtster wrote:

Not taking your bait. 
 
Do as you like. It's not fishing season, so you're pretty safe. 


kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 21, 2021 - 9:00pm

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 kurtster wrote:
 
That is just a statement of fact and in no way do I regret making this decision and choice, given the choices.

No revisionism here.  Is there something else you all are referring to ?
 

Yes. You were absolutely on the Trump Train before he even announced. I distinctly recall a few years ago you boasting about having chosen him as your guy before he came down the escalator. Now you're sounding like "oh, there was no one I liked; he was the best of the bad lot..." when at the time you were pretty fired up about him.
 
Fail again.  Rand Paul was the other one on my list but he got eliminated.  I forget who my third pick was after all of this time but Paul and Trump were my top two picks.

I voted for Trump both times.  Not against anyone.

So did you vote for Clinton and Biden or against Trump both times ?
islander

islander Avatar

Location: Seattle
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 21, 2021 - 8:57pm



 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 kurtster wrote:
 
That is just a statement of fact and in no way do I regret making this decision and choice, given the choices.

No revisionism here.  Is there something else you all are referring to ?
 

Yes. You were absolutely on the Trump Train before he even announced. I distinctly recall a few years ago you boasting about having chosen him as your guy before he came down the escalator. Now you're sounding like "oh, there was no one I liked; he was the best of the bad lot..." when at the time you were pretty fired up about him.
 
Don't forget all the smack about "burn it all down" "root out the deep state" and other such nonsense.  


ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 21, 2021 - 8:50pm



 kurtster wrote:
 
That is just a statement of fact and in no way do I regret making this decision and choice, given the choices.

No revisionism here.  Is there something else you all are referring to ?
 

Yes. You were absolutely on the Trump Train before he even announced. I distinctly recall a few years ago you boasting about having chosen him as your guy before he came down the escalator. Now you're sounding like "oh, there was no one I liked; he was the best of the bad lot..." when at the time you were pretty fired up about him.
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 21, 2021 - 8:40pm

 ScottFromWyoming wrote:


 islander wrote:

And so the revisionism starts. 
 

Mm-hm. I don't need to search posts from 2015; I remember the cheerleading Kurt did. 
 
So what revisionism are you two referring to ?

If you are referring to this part of the remark I made ...

 kurtster wrote:
... I had to hitch my horse to someone and it was Trump. 
  
That is just a statement of fact and in no way do I regret making this decision and choice, given the choices.

No revisionism here.  Is there something else you all are referring to ?
ScottFromWyoming

ScottFromWyoming Avatar

Location: Powell
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 21, 2021 - 8:30pm



 islander wrote:

And so the revisionism starts. 
 

Mm-hm. I don't need to search posts from 2015; I remember the cheerleading Kurt did. 
kurtster

kurtster Avatar

Location: where fear is not a virtue
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 21, 2021 - 7:38pm

 islander wrote:


 kurtster wrote:

Ditto, do not post my poly thoughts anywhere else but here, too.

I saw Brennan utter this threat yesterday as well.  I'm more a small "l" libertarian than anything else when push comes to shove, but I had to hitch my horse to someone and it was Trump.  Anyway, this is war on the 1st Amendment.  And AOC is pushing to become the Truth Minister.

These are very dangerous times for anyone who has the nerve to just simply disagree with the left's POV.  It is more than a cancelling, it is a purge.  The heads up on this was back when Pelosi led the purge of the Blue Dogs from the democratic party.
 

And so the revisionism starts. He was your guy all the way. He actually did what you said you wanted him to - "burn the place down". You cheered his every move and refused to ever find fault. 

As to the rest, I suspect it will be like the great Obama gun grab. You remember that right? When he took all the guns, left everyone defenseless and instituted Kenyanism.  If yo udo manage to get yourself purged/canceled, I bet there will be pretty good reason for it. A lot of the 1/6 insurrectionists are finding themselves canceled, and I'm not going to shed a tear for them.
 
Not taking your bait. 

I'm just going to tolerate your open intolerance of me and my views for now.
haresfur

haresfur Avatar

Location: The Golden Triangle
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 21, 2021 - 1:48pm

sirdroseph wrote:
I feel pretty safe in here, but fortunately saw the writing on the wall and have not posted my personal political opinions anywhere else but here, but Lazy, miami and any other "insurgent" libertarians, watch your 6!
{#Eek}
 
Actually I found myself posting more political opinions elsewhere than I was totally comfortable with. Sometimes you have to stand up and be counted

rgio

rgio Avatar

Location: West Jersey
Gender: Male


Posted: Jan 21, 2021 - 8:13am



 kurtster wrote:
These are very dangerous times for anyone who has the nerve to just simply disagree with the left's POV.  It is more than a cancelling, it is a purge.  The heads up on this was back when Pelosi led the purge of the Blue Dogs from the democratic party.
 
You sound an awful lot like Fox News and the Ex-President.  Pelosi, the left...they don't hire and fire people...voters do.   You're allowed to disagree with others, in fact, the left LIVES for disagreement.  What the left doesn't understand are alternative facts. 

You can say the election was stolen, but when you do they expect proof.  Saying it 50 times doesn't make it true.  Facts...that you're willing to share under oath...the kind that has never been delivered regarding the 2020 election.  You know...facts...like the ones that lead to guilty pleas from Trump's "inner circle" about Russia (yes... just because you say it wasn't true and confessions were gathered under false pretenses doesn't change what actually happened).

And while we're talking about facts....

If you repeatedly lie without proof, and it creates a danger to others, you have to stop saying it.  Yelling "Fire" in a crowded theater isn't "free speech" protected.  Neither is yelling "stolen election" when people carry weapons and attack others.  It is amazing to see the Right pivot to suggest Biden is being dishonest when he pleads for unity.  Unity doesn't mean forgiveness, and holding those accountable is necessary before healing can begin.  If you're not sure, look at the attendance of Catholic services globally. 

Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next