- kcar - Oct 22, 2020 - 5:13pm
- westslope - Oct 22, 2020 - 5:11pm
Radio Paradise NFL Pick'em Group
- Manbird - Oct 22, 2020 - 4:55pm
- Steely_D - Oct 22, 2020 - 4:30pm
Things that piss me off
- Red_Dragon - Oct 22, 2020 - 3:49pm
- R_P - Oct 22, 2020 - 3:47pm
Race in America
- R_P - Oct 22, 2020 - 3:42pm
Bug Reports & Feature Requests
- jarro - Oct 22, 2020 - 2:54pm
Joni Mitchell categorization error
- pmrt - Oct 22, 2020 - 11:57am
What The Hell Buddy?
- miamizsun - Oct 22, 2020 - 11:51am
- cc_rider - Oct 22, 2020 - 10:59am
Name My Band
- Jester - Oct 22, 2020 - 10:52am
Radio Paradise Comments
- Jester - Oct 22, 2020 - 10:15am
- westslope - Oct 22, 2020 - 9:16am
Cryptic Posts - Leave Them Guessing
- oldviolin - Oct 22, 2020 - 8:40am
Counting with Pictures
- Proclivities - Oct 22, 2020 - 8:34am
Mixtape Culture Club
- sirdroseph - Oct 22, 2020 - 2:55am
Vinyl Only Spin List
- kurtster - Oct 21, 2020 - 9:59pm
- ScottFromWyoming - Oct 21, 2020 - 9:37pm
Things You Thought Today
- jlf778 - Oct 21, 2020 - 5:19pm
Radio Paradise is awesome!
- jlf778 - Oct 21, 2020 - 5:16pm
NASA & other news from space
- oldviolin - Oct 21, 2020 - 4:17pm
- R_P - Oct 21, 2020 - 3:13pm
260,000 Posts in one thread?
- oldviolin - Oct 21, 2020 - 2:27pm
- scrinz - Oct 21, 2020 - 1:01pm
- R_P - Oct 21, 2020 - 12:39pm
You might be getting old if......
- Ohmsen - Oct 21, 2020 - 9:05am
- oldviolin - Oct 21, 2020 - 8:37am
Working from home
- rhahl - Oct 21, 2020 - 7:01am
How's the weather?
- miamizsun - Oct 21, 2020 - 5:05am
- R_P - Oct 20, 2020 - 10:48pm
how do you feel right now?
- kurtster - Oct 20, 2020 - 7:43pm
- kurtster - Oct 20, 2020 - 7:27pm
The Obituary Page
- GeneP59 - Oct 20, 2020 - 6:21pm
- GeneP59 - Oct 20, 2020 - 6:10pm
Supreme Court: Who's Next?
- kcar - Oct 20, 2020 - 4:39pm
Strips, cartoons, illustrations
- R_P - Oct 20, 2020 - 4:25pm
- R_P - Oct 20, 2020 - 4:09pm
Looting & vandalism isn't protest
- KarmaKarma - Oct 20, 2020 - 2:29pm
Freedom of speech?
- miamizsun - Oct 20, 2020 - 2:18pm
Strange signs, marquees, billboards, etc.
- KurtfromLaQuinta - Oct 20, 2020 - 1:04pm
- Red_Dragon - Oct 20, 2020 - 1:03pm
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- oldviolin - Oct 20, 2020 - 12:49pm
- R_P - Oct 20, 2020 - 8:41am
Android app playing same playlist
- bevgerry - Oct 20, 2020 - 5:42am
kurtster's quiet vinyl
- kurtster - Oct 19, 2020 - 9:36pm
Quick! I need a chicken...
- R_P - Oct 19, 2020 - 4:46pm
I have no idea what this thread was about, but let's talk...
- miamizsun - Oct 19, 2020 - 9:35am
- Coaxial - Oct 19, 2020 - 5:33am
Graphic designers, ho!
- Proclivities - Oct 19, 2020 - 5:27am
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously
- R_P - Oct 18, 2020 - 3:10pm
Feature Request: My Ratings Sort by Date
- jarro - Oct 18, 2020 - 2:19pm
A "Kinky" Twist
- sirdroseph - Oct 18, 2020 - 5:59am
- oldviolin - Oct 17, 2020 - 8:30pm
- Antigone - Oct 17, 2020 - 1:35pm
Philosophy (Meaty Metaphysical Munchables!)
- R_P - Oct 17, 2020 - 10:28am
Lyrics That Remind You of Someone
- oldviolin - Oct 17, 2020 - 7:03am
Play the Blues
- sirdroseph - Oct 17, 2020 - 4:20am
- Red_Dragon - Oct 16, 2020 - 5:40pm
It's the economy stupid.
- westslope - Oct 16, 2020 - 3:18pm
Radio Paradise on multiple Echo speakers via an Alexa Rou...
- jarro - Oct 16, 2020 - 1:43pm
Alexa skill - not working :(
- jarro - Oct 16, 2020 - 1:36pm
Derplahoma Questions and Points of Interest
- ScottFromWyoming - Oct 16, 2020 - 11:15am
- R_P - Oct 16, 2020 - 10:57am
Turkey Sandwiches? Veev Wants to Know What's For Lunch
- oldviolin - Oct 16, 2020 - 9:43am
RP App in Android Auto:
- jwaldrep - Oct 16, 2020 - 9:30am
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum
- oldviolin - Oct 16, 2020 - 8:52am
- Red_Dragon - Oct 16, 2020 - 7:59am
- Red_Dragon - Oct 16, 2020 - 5:59am
Taxes, Taxes, Taxes (and Taxes)
- sirdroseph - Oct 16, 2020 - 4:57am
the Todd Rundgren topic
- Steely_D - Oct 15, 2020 - 7:30pm
Photos you have taken of your walks or hikes.
- Antigone - Oct 15, 2020 - 2:53pm
- Ohmsen - Oct 15, 2020 - 1:42pm
- R_P - Oct 15, 2020 - 1:07pm
Annoying stuff. not things that piss you off, just annoyi...
- Red_Dragon - Oct 15, 2020 - 12:58pm
May 23, 2016 - 12:43pm
Close call...Austria far right thwarted, Van der Bellen elected president
Alexander Van der Bellen has won Austria's presidential election, preventing Norbert Hofer from becoming the EU's first far-right head of state.
Mr Van der Bellen, a pro-EU independent backed by the Greens, beat Mr Hofer by just 31,000 votes among the 4.64m cast.
The president-elect vowed to address the "divisions" among Austrians that the poll had "made visible".
Mr Hofer's campaign had targeted anti-EU feelings and fears about migrants. He said his defeat was a "sad day".
The Freedom Party candidate said on his Facebook page (in German): "Please don't be disheartened. The effort in this election campaign is not wasted, but is an investment for the future."
The interior ministry said Mr Van der Bellen had won 2,254,484 votes to Mr Hofer's 2,223,458, or 50.3% to 49.7%.
Although Mr Van der Bellen, 72, is officially independent, he led Austria's Greens for a decade and some European Green politicians were hailing him as the world's first elected Green head of state.
Speaking after his victory, he said he accepted many Austrians had different views and that some people were angry, but he added: "People can be different and still treat each other respectfully." Image copyright Getty Images Image caption Mr Hofer had narrowly led after Sunday's count
The rhetoric in the campaign had been fierce at times. Mr Van der Bellen had said he did not want Austria to be led by a "populist right-wing, pan-Germanic fraternity member" and even urged voters "who don't like me but perhaps like Hofer even less to vote for me".
Mr Hofer had been photographed sporting the German colours of the nationalist Marko-Germania student fraternity, which stands for "the German cultural community" and bears the slogan "Honour, Freedom, Fatherland".
At his swearing-in as Freedom Party candidate, Mr Hofer wore a cornflower in his lapel, which was a Nazi symbol in the 1930s.
Freedom Party campaign manager, Herbert Kickl, hailed Mr Hofer's performance, saying: "There are many Norbert Hofers in the Freedom Party and we are very, very well placed for parliamentary elections."
France's far-right National Front said: "This historic performance is certainly the precursor of future success for all patriotic movements, both in Austria and around the world."But French PM Manuel Valls said in a Twitter post: "It's a relief to see the Austrians reject populism and extremism. Everyone in Europe must draw lessons from this."