What Did You Do Today?
- Antigone - May 26, 2022 - 5:16pm
- rgio - May 26, 2022 - 4:46pm
The Obituary Page
- rgio - May 26, 2022 - 2:55pm
- Red_Dragon - May 26, 2022 - 2:12pm
Things You Thought Today
- GeneP59 - May 26, 2022 - 1:14pm
- black321 - May 26, 2022 - 12:36pm
- maryte - May 26, 2022 - 11:59am
Talk Behind Their Backs Forum
- ScottFromWyoming - May 26, 2022 - 10:15am
Mixtape Culture Club
- ColdMiser - May 26, 2022 - 10:15am
• • • The Once-a-Day • • •
- oldviolin - May 26, 2022 - 10:10am
Wordle - daily game
- Coaxial - May 26, 2022 - 9:52am
Photography Forum - Your Own Photos
- Blackbirds - May 26, 2022 - 9:26am
Today in History
- Red_Dragon - May 26, 2022 - 8:59am
Crazy conspiracy theories
- rgio - May 26, 2022 - 8:25am
• • • Clownstock • • •
- Skydog - May 26, 2022 - 6:37am
Radio Paradise Comments
- sunybuny - May 26, 2022 - 5:36am
- oldviolin - May 25, 2022 - 8:49pm
songs that ROCK!
- tulfan - May 25, 2022 - 6:33pm
What the hell OV?
- oldviolin - May 25, 2022 - 6:13pm
- oldviolin - May 25, 2022 - 6:11pm
HALF A WORLD
- oldviolin - May 25, 2022 - 5:43pm
- tulfan - May 25, 2022 - 5:30pm
- tulfan - May 25, 2022 - 5:16pm
New Song Submissions system
- Isabeau - May 25, 2022 - 4:09pm
Name My Band
- Red_Dragon - May 25, 2022 - 4:03pm
Unquiet Minds - Mental Health Forum
- black321 - May 25, 2022 - 10:16am
What is the meaning of this?
- oldviolin - May 25, 2022 - 9:35am
Counting with Pictures
- Proclivities - May 25, 2022 - 9:19am
- Skydog - May 25, 2022 - 5:41am
- NoEnzLefttoSplit - May 25, 2022 - 12:23am
Post your favorite 'You Tube' Videos Here
- Red_Dragon - May 24, 2022 - 8:37pm
- GeneP59 - May 24, 2022 - 4:05pm
- KurtfromLaQuinta - May 24, 2022 - 3:18pm
- Lazy8 - May 24, 2022 - 1:24pm
MQA available on ifi Zen
- nickt1 - May 24, 2022 - 1:01pm
A Little Psychedelic Jazz-Rock Never Hurts
- whatshisname - May 24, 2022 - 5:32am
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD
- oldviolin - May 23, 2022 - 7:25pm
- miamizsun - May 23, 2022 - 6:16pm
The Dragons' Roost
- GeneP59 - May 23, 2022 - 5:16pm
- TheKing2 - May 23, 2022 - 2:08pm
Vinyl Only Spin List
- Skydog - May 23, 2022 - 1:33pm
History of past donations?
- Skydog - May 23, 2022 - 7:33am
That's good advice
- miamizsun - May 23, 2022 - 5:22am
Pernicious Pious Proclivities Particularized Prodigiously
- Red_Dragon - May 22, 2022 - 4:50pm
• • • What's For Dinner ? • • •
- miamizsun - May 21, 2022 - 3:29pm
Reccomended System or Powered Speakers
- miamizsun - May 21, 2022 - 2:29pm
Today, I learned...
- Proclivities - May 21, 2022 - 7:02am
MQA Stream Coming to BLUOS
- nickt1 - May 21, 2022 - 1:09am
- oldviolin - May 20, 2022 - 7:06pm
- oldviolin - May 20, 2022 - 6:50pm
songs for drella
- haresfur - May 20, 2022 - 5:47pm
Chicago 25 Or 6 To 4
- Steely_D - May 20, 2022 - 2:42pm
- sunybuny - May 20, 2022 - 5:41am
Online Radio Platforms
- Steely_D - May 19, 2022 - 4:03pm
Brag about your stereo
- miamizsun - May 19, 2022 - 3:16pm
All Dogs Go To Heaven - Dog Pix
- islander - May 19, 2022 - 3:00pm
- Red_Dragon - May 19, 2022 - 1:50pm
Testing your Metal?
- oldviolin - May 19, 2022 - 12:11pm
Help Finding A Song
- nightdrive - May 19, 2022 - 10:19am
What Makes You Sad?
- Coaxial - May 18, 2022 - 6:42pm
NASA & other news from space
- GeneP59 - May 18, 2022 - 4:37pm
Guided Meditation by Bill
- thisbody - May 18, 2022 - 2:45pm
January 20th, 2005 ~ Boycott And Meditation Day
- thisbody - May 18, 2022 - 2:34pm
- thisbody - May 18, 2022 - 1:48pm
- Red_Dragon - May 18, 2022 - 10:58am
Race in America
- Red_Dragon - May 18, 2022 - 7:36am
- Red_Dragon - May 17, 2022 - 9:07pm
"2000 Mules" movie purports to prove 2020 election was st...
- rgio - May 17, 2022 - 7:02am
- oldviolin - May 16, 2022 - 6:31pm
- Red_Dragon - May 16, 2022 - 4:42pm
- Red_Dragon - May 16, 2022 - 4:24pm
260,000 Posts in one thread?
- oldviolin - May 16, 2022 - 3:24pm
Supreme Court Rulings
- Red_Dragon - May 16, 2022 - 9:33am
- oldviolin - May 16, 2022 - 8:35am
Watching My Mind Slip Away...
- oldviolin - May 16, 2022 - 6:05am
May 23, 2016 - 12:43pm
Close call...Austria far right thwarted, Van der Bellen elected president
Alexander Van der Bellen has won Austria's presidential election, preventing Norbert Hofer from becoming the EU's first far-right head of state.
Mr Van der Bellen, a pro-EU independent backed by the Greens, beat Mr Hofer by just 31,000 votes among the 4.64m cast.
The president-elect vowed to address the "divisions" among Austrians that the poll had "made visible".
Mr Hofer's campaign had targeted anti-EU feelings and fears about migrants. He said his defeat was a "sad day".
The Freedom Party candidate said on his Facebook page (in German): "Please don't be disheartened. The effort in this election campaign is not wasted, but is an investment for the future."
The interior ministry said Mr Van der Bellen had won 2,254,484 votes to Mr Hofer's 2,223,458, or 50.3% to 49.7%.
Although Mr Van der Bellen, 72, is officially independent, he led Austria's Greens for a decade and some European Green politicians were hailing him as the world's first elected Green head of state.
Speaking after his victory, he said he accepted many Austrians had different views and that some people were angry, but he added: "People can be different and still treat each other respectfully." Image copyright Getty Images Image caption Mr Hofer had narrowly led after Sunday's count
The rhetoric in the campaign had been fierce at times. Mr Van der Bellen had said he did not want Austria to be led by a "populist right-wing, pan-Germanic fraternity member" and even urged voters "who don't like me but perhaps like Hofer even less to vote for me".
Mr Hofer had been photographed sporting the German colours of the nationalist Marko-Germania student fraternity, which stands for "the German cultural community" and bears the slogan "Honour, Freedom, Fatherland".
At his swearing-in as Freedom Party candidate, Mr Hofer wore a cornflower in his lapel, which was a Nazi symbol in the 1930s.
Freedom Party campaign manager, Herbert Kickl, hailed Mr Hofer's performance, saying: "There are many Norbert Hofers in the Freedom Party and we are very, very well placed for parliamentary elections."
France's far-right National Front said: "This historic performance is certainly the precursor of future success for all patriotic movements, both in Austria and around the world."But French PM Manuel Valls said in a Twitter post: "It's a relief to see the Austrians reject populism and extremism. Everyone in Europe must draw lessons from this."