Warning: file_get_contents(/home/www/settings/mirror_forum_db_enable_sql): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/content/Forum/functions.php on line 8
Location: At the dude ranch / above the sea Gender:
Posted:
Sep 21, 2026 - 11:25am
Rundgrenâs really bad album (and heâs had more than one) came after letting fans/âpatronsâ pay to watch it being created. A novel idea, like a lot of Toddâs stuff. But not good enough to warrant a repeat. Donât know about the financial aspect.
Pay what you want....
I'm pretty sure I paid $7. I wanted the band to make more than usual for the stunt. Even though 40% paid nothing, the band made more per album download than they would have using traditional distribution channels.
I understand Peter Gabriel's new album, O/I, will be released over many months. A "Bright-side" version of a song with each full moon, and a "Dark side" version of the song on the following new moon. After some number of tracks (8-10?), the album will be 'released'
I wonder if this will keep Gabriel in the spotlight with this pace of new songs, or if folks will tire of the gimmick and this will fade to the background?
This also has me thinking about some of the various record release events of the past. I remember hype over colored vinyl, 25 foot block of ice, MTV VMAs performances. And speaking of MTV, didn't the Thriller video mark the release of that album too? Any favorite release gimmicks that made you pay attention, if not buy the album?
Warning: pg_close(): supplied resource is not a valid PostgreSQL link resource in /var/www/html/rp3.php on line 474