Warning: file_get_contents(/home/www/settings/mirror_forum_db_enable_sql): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/content/Forum/functions.php on line 8
Location: Really deep in the heart of South California Gender:
Posted:
Sep 21, 2026 - 3:29pm
Antigone wrote:
And today I'm missing BHD, because I cleaned my stove top. I think she'd find it equally gratifying and hilarious that some of us think of her when we thrash and then clean our kitchens.
And today I'm missing BHD, because I cleaned my stove top. I think she'd find it equally gratifying and hilarious that some of us think of her when we thrash and then clean our kitchens.
+1, I also think of her whenever handling the sharp knives. Our Kite park has had some really nice big kites up lately, Mike would have enjoyed (and taken pictures).
And today I'm missing BHD, because I cleaned my stove top. I think she'd find it equally gratifying and hilarious that some of us think of her when we thrash and then clean our kitchens.
The reunion is was referring to was the passing of my father to be rejoined with his wife in whatever afterlife you choose to believe in. She passed in 1989. Anyway, when I noticed that I had said 2024, I didn't want anyone to think that my Dad had just died on that day of my post. I would not have been capable of doing that.
Yes. Probably a Yellowtail.
Right after he got out of the Navy, he worked as a commercial fisherman for a couple of years.
He was an expert at that. I went on quite a few deep sea trips with him. You put him on a boat, with a fishing pole, and he was a kid again.
Good times.
Location: Really deep in the heart of South California Gender:
Posted:
Mar 3, 2024 - 9:31pm
miamizsun wrote:
nice couple
hey is he holding a tuna up top?
Yes. Probably a Yellowtail.
Right after he got out of the Navy, he worked as a commercial fisherman for a couple of years.
He was an expert at that. I went on quite a few deep sea trips with him. You put him on a boat, with a fishing pole, and he was a kid again.
Good times.
Sometimes I go out onto the porch and stand leaning into the secluded corner where my Dad would also lean when after dark he frequently stood alone there against the wall and smoked his small cigars; all alone with his thoughts and memories. I stand there, also in the dark, and I channel something he said or did and I try to get my proverbial foot in the door of my own deeper memories and retrospective understanding of him; sans cigars. What a mystery he was, and often still is...